Celtic to be served court summons

Forever Hearts

Toxteth O'Grady

A scummy club who have wriggled and denied until it is no longer an option - and still they are trying to avoid accepting blame. They are an utter disgrace.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Mikey1874

• Sir PH

• buzzbomb1958

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

The point I am making is , these disgusting and evil people target organisations where they can groom kids because they are placed in a position of power and trust . It could have happened at any football club

People knew that this was going on and turned a blind eye

So, I don't think it could have happened at any club and I don't think it will happen now either

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

Sure, Rix isn't the same scale. Truth is, we knowingly employed a nonce. Not the finest moment in our history. My point is, abuse like this is rife.

WE never did anything of the sort, take your 'we' and shove it

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

WE never did anything of the sort, take your 'we' and shove it

Sweep, sweep.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Sweep, sweep.

What?

What you saying? It was Hearts' fans who decided to employ rix?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I did not actually know that . I assume though that they obviously had an issue which made them easy prey ? Surely people are not suggesting that the club encouraged this sort of thing as just part of being at Celtic ? That is a bit far fetched if you ask me 

I'd suggest that if you have nine employees convicted of child abuse that blind eyes were getting turned. They sacked Torbett after it came to light he had been abusing kids, and then re-employed him. 

Just now, Sir PH said:

I'd suggest that if you have nine employees convicted of child abuse that blind eyes were getting turned. They sacked Torbett after it came to light he had been abusing kids, and then re-employed him. 

It would appear so yes . That just tells me that there were a lot of them operating there and that something about the set up made it easier for them to get away with their sick behaviour . Must have people in a position of power not just turning a blind eye but actually enabling it . I think people are maybe misunderstanding what I am trying to say here . It is clear that there were a fair few of them operating as a ring at the club . All I am trying to say is it was not like it was just some accepted practice at the club and just a part of their culture as a club . I am not making my point very well unfortunately , so I will probably just stop there 

Clearly Rix was in the wrong and found guilty in a court of law but wasn't the story from the courtroom that he went home with the lassie from an over 18's nightclub and it was only after they'd had sex that her parents found out and informed police that she was 15 years old?

Possibly memory failing me so I am happy to be corrected.

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Very much in the traditions of the Catholic Church, it has to be said.

Internationally exporting it .

Along with those placed in care by the state.

Or those ignored by Asian(pakistani) grooming gangs

Or the children ignored by the BBC 

The Royal family

The rich elite through epstein

Holywood

And pretty much anyone who wants to abuse children in this country it seems.

Rangers moved on known beasts Hibs and others.

In conclusion we don't care to listen to our most vulnerable .

10 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Clearly Rix was in the wrong and found guilty in a court of law but wasn't the story from the courtroom that he went home with the lassie from an over 18's nightclub and it was only after they'd had sex that her parents found out and informed police that she was 15 years old?

That's the story as I remember it.  Not even the same sport Celtic and the Catholic Church have been playing...

queensferryjambo
6 hours ago, AndyNic said:

I don't think that was the case at all. He had met her several times over months and no mention of night clubs.

Rix hints at 'true story', but judge in 1999 gave damning summation of behaviour (scotsman.com)

33 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

There is  certainly some celtic lovers on here, throbbers that they are 

Do you mean me ? I certainly have no love for them 

manaliveits105
39 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

There is  certainly some celtic lovers on here, throbbers that they are 

Yep they seem outraged - blowing their cover 

11 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The general overall tendency was not to report perpetrators to the Police. We know it happened at Hibs where abuser was sacked and got job at Rangers.

But Celtic was a whole different degree.

40 years it went on. 

20230919_200933.jpg

20230919_200945.jpg

Truly horrific. 

…and that line “The onus now is on the football authorities, media and sponsors to take responsibility.”

Well, I’ll not hold my breath. 

27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Truly horrific. 

…and that line “The onus now is on the football authorities, media and sponsors to take responsibility.”

Well, I’ll not hold my breath. 

No. The carpets at the Scottish football authorities will be higher than the peak of Mt Everest with all the stuff they sweep under it, especially stuff concerning the two vilest clubs in Scotland. One who play at Celtic Park and the other that plays at Ibrox.

9 hours ago, AndyNic said:

That was posted a lot on here when he was appointed but isn't true at all. 

You just have to look at the high profile cases to see the pattern . Look at the organisations it has happened in and look at what they have in common . They are organised and they work as a network . They look for organisations where there are weaknesses in the trust and supervision policies and where they can position themselves as trusted and above reproach - Priests , Scout Leaders , Teachers , Coaches …….. One of them gets in to a position of trust and then they communicate the opportunities to their mates in the ring . I suspect Celtic probably gave these men too much authority and not enough supervision and they exploited that 

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

It would appear so yes . That just tells me that there were a lot of them operating there and that something about the set up made it easier for them to get away with their sick behaviour . Must have people in a position of power not just turning a blind eye but actually enabling it . I think people are maybe misunderstanding what I am trying to say here . It is clear that there were a fair few of them operating as a ring at the club . All I am trying to say is it was not like it was just some accepted practice at the club and just a part of their culture as a club . I am not making my point very well unfortunately , so I will probably just stop there 

I think you’re making an objective observation clearly and comprehensively.

Sadly for some, the knee-jerk response is to suggest you’re therefore a Celtic “sympathiser”.

Weaponising the trauma of child abuse by implying it’s a “Celtic” and/or “Catholic” problem isn’t a good look.

11 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Very much in the traditions of the Catholic Church, it has to be said.

Fact, but very sad.Remember Celtic saying the boys club was not run by Celtic, aye right,bar stewards!

16 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Amazed how this doesn't get the same national media coverage as Russell brand or hew Edwards 😳

I was wondering this myself, there’s either, ongoing evidence gathering or there’s massive covering up and people in power suddenly taking an interest in their shoes and indeed any direction other than at this horrific abuse of children.

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Rix knew the girl and I think he was even a family friend . He knew she was 15

That's how I remember it.

I went to an event at Tynecastle where Rix was being interviewed, I think by Scott Wilson, just as George Burley had taken part in whilst he was our manager.

At the end, I went to get an autograph from him, as I had done with George. The only paper I had was the letter needed to get in. When I handed him it, he asked me what it was and then examined it before he signed it. He looked like a man who was constantly in fear of being entrapped about something.

That said, Hearts hiring him some years after his crime doesn't compare in the slightest to what Celtic allowed to happen to young boys over a sustained period of time. Constant rumour and denials, whilst allowing this horrific abuse to go on after concerns were raised.

It was probably a means by Romanov to have Rix beholden to him for giving him a chance to return to football coaching, and then have a head coach who would do as he was told regarding team selection.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, H2 said:

They have supported and hidden things for years, they should be shut down.

The only post that counts

13 minutes ago, H2 said:

Anyone found to have covered it up , enabled it or , turned a blind eye absolutely should be prosecuted 

15 minutes ago, H2 said:

Just like the BBC did or do with certain members of their staff.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Just like the BBC did or do with certain members of their staff.

Yip and Hollywood , the music industry ……… anywhere where these people can gain access to unsupervised children . See R Kelly and Michael Jackson also 

The reason I am going on about the distinction is because it is important . If we just blindly put these crimes down to the culture of individual organisations then we can take our eye off the ball . I have young kids and knowing how these ****ers operate is a responsibility I take seriously . I want to be sure that anywhere my kids go without my supervision , they are safe . Knowing how they operate and the weaknesses they exploit is essential . Celebrity , a man of god , a keeper of the peace , a musician ……….. all ways of avoiding close scrutiny 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

I was wondering this myself, there’s either, ongoing evidence gathering or there’s massive covering up and people in power suddenly taking an interest in their shoes and indeed any direction other than at this horrific abuse of children.

Makes one wonder,how deep this lies🤔 The national media doesn't seem to want to go too far down that rabbit hole 😳

4 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Makes one wonder,how deep this lies🤔 The national media doesn't seem to want to go too far down that rabbit hole 😳

There have been numerous occasions where the national media has been silenced when it was British establishment figures and their acolytes who were involved . Stories get buried and pulled all the time . Does anyone remember the story about Prince Charles being accused of sexually assaulting an aide ? If you do not then it is not surprising . It was all over the news channels for a morning and then just miraculously disappeared 

8 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Especially the BBC, there’s news leakage that a BBC car was used to transport a child to the current suspect of sexual abuse. Independent television are just too guarded for my liking, I know too much can’t be said as an enquiry is ongoing, but, ITN are almost too guarded , maybe they’re scared too many crimes are uncovered from their own side of the fence. As @Sooks alluded to earlier on, these perverts get themselves embedded in organisations to abuse the power that is entrusted to them, they can and will use any means they can to avoid discovery and prosecution.

ps: Apologies to Sooks in advance if I’ve misunderstood anything he wrote.

4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Especially the BBC, there’s news leakage that a BBC car was used to transport a child to the current suspect of sexual abuse. Independent television are just too guarded for my liking, I know too much can’t be said as an enquiry is ongoing, but, ITN are almost too guarded , maybe they’re scared too many crimes are uncovered from their own side of the fence. As @Sooks alluded to earlier on, these perverts get themselves embedded in organisations to abuse the power that is entrusted to them, they can and will use any means they can to avoid discovery and prosecution.

ps: Apologies to Sooks in advance if I’ve misunderstood anything he wrote.

No mate , I think we are on the same page 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Yip and Hollywood , the music industry ……… anywhere where these people can gain access to unsupervised children . See R Kelly and Michael Jackson also 

👍

Bottom line - a culture existed at Celtic that allowed this type of abuse to go on and these individuals to "flourish". Be that turning a blind eye or what. A culture that, as far as has been explored, didn't exist to anywhere near the same degree at any other club. 

If anybody is more interested in defending the image of Celtic and resorting to some tortured comparison with Rix they should have a think about their position. 

2 hours ago, PortyBeach said:

I think you’re making an objective observation clearly and comprehensively.

Sadly for some, the knee-jerk response is to suggest you’re therefore a Celtic “sympathiser”.

Weaponising the trauma of child abuse by implying it’s a “Celtic” and/or “Catholic” problem isn’t a good look.

Well said. Anyone committing child abuse needs their balls cut off. Anyone using the abuse of children to promote their bigoted views need watching

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Well said. Anyone committing child abuse needs their balls cut off. Anyone using the abuse of children to promote their bigoted views need watching

Consider yourself watched then 

Just now, BlueRiver said:

Consider yourself watched then 

And that says so much about you. You don't give a toss about child abuse, you just want to have a go at these nasty catholics

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

Bottom line - a culture existed at Celtic that allowed this type of abuse to go on and these individuals to "flourish". Be that turning a blind eye or what. A culture that, as far as has been explored, didn't exist to anywhere near the same degree at any other club. 

If anybody is more interested in defending the image of Celtic and resorting to some tortured comparison with Rix they should have a think about their position. 

The question to answer (and there are plenty people still alive who could answer it such as Jack McGinn, Fergus McCann, Davie Hay) is why did Celtic re-employ abusers it had identified. 

I totally sympathise with organisations facing this. The abusers are very clever at hiding their tracks. But once you discover it the minimum is to report to the Police, update your procedures and keep the abusers as far away as possible. But the abusers were welcomed back and even promoted at Celtic. 

Just now, XB52 said:

And that says so much about you. You don't give a toss about child abuse, you just want to have a go at these nasty catholics

You're the one on and on about loyalists and all the other pish. 

More concerned with defending the image of Celtic than the abuse victims so don't give me your pish. I don't care what religion they were. 

You need watching ya creep. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

The question to answer (and there are plenty people still alive who could answer it such as Jack McGinn, Fergus McCann, Davie Hay) is why did Celtic re-employ abusers it had identified. 

I totally sympathise with organisations facing this. The abusers are very clever at hiding their tracks. But once you discover it the minimum is to report to the Police, update your procedures and keep the abusers as far away as possible. But the abusers were welcomed back and even promoted at Celtic. 

Strange eh? 

But don't dig too deep because you clearly just hate catholics if you question this type of stuff. 

Board is full of bangers. 

Same posters going on about poor wee Celtic have zero qualms tarring other institutions with the same brush in The Shed. 

It's very curious that only Celtic have them charging in with shields held high to protect their good name. 

13 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I had better not name names with this as both are now dead, but going back a few decades a famous Celtic manager sacked one of the abusers. That manager left the club and when the next manager( a Celtic legend) took over, he re-employed the abuser, knowing full well why he was kicked out first time round.   

• davemclaren locked this topic