** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

At least we're sitting here on the last day of the window knowing that if we don't do any business, we're in a significantly better place than we were pre-window. No frantic panic required. All pretty chilled this window (except on JKB, but it's JKB so that's to be expected). 

It’s where I’m at. Even if Souttar leaves without being replaced we’re in a better position than we started. I’m content. That being said, everyone loves a deadline day signing so wouldn’t say no, but no panic or frothing from me.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

11 minutes ago, sac said:

Also has the highest cuddle rate. He’s like a mad mental koala jumping on everything that moves, even the ref’s

And don’t they all have clap or clamidia or somesuch? :huh: 

13 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If he didn't get hooked against Celtic, he was heading for a red card IMO. 

My biggest criticism of Devlin is, when he drops to receive the ball from the back, he often just plays it backwards / sideways, even when he's got 20 yards of space ahead of him if he turned. Makes the "pass completion rate" look good but does nothing for driving the team forward. 

He was a lot better at this vs Motherwell and we got the 2 goals off him driving forward. 

More of this please! 

That's why he was taken off . He'd been booked and got involved again , Neilson immediately waved Beni back from warming up

AllyjamboDerbyshire
34 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

Kenny Black was a target for the Boo boy's back in the 80's as he always wanted the ball and never hid, so therefore naturally made more mistakes.

Very true. We all love hard working players, but many forget the hard working bit when they are looking for someone to blame (for whatever it is they need someone to blame). 

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Interesting, no Haring on there.   Is there a list for most interceptions? 

I wouldn't mind signing Power or Omeonga for backup to the top two.   

I had a look for interceptions but couldn't see anything. Scroll down to "show leaders" for individual stats - https://fbref.com/en/comps/40/Scottish-Premiership-Stats

Some interesting stuff backing the RCC move on there, 10 goals (1 pen) from 31 attempts, 16 on target. Morelos 8 goals from 80 attempts, only 24 on target. Or Kevin Hibsdit, 5 goals from 60 attempts, 18 on target. I think Ron the con will struggle to get big money for a 1 in 12 striker, what a shame! 

Just now, john thomas said:

That's why he was taken off . He'd been booked and got involved again , Neilson immediately waved Beni back from warming up

I was surprised to see him come out of the tunnel at HT, as it was obvious that he'd be walking a tightrope in 2nd half. 

No harm done though. 

Just now, iainmac said:

I was surprised to see him come out of the tunnel at HT, as it was obvious that he'd be walking a tightrope in 2nd half. 

No harm done though. 

Yes he needs to be handled correctly . Don't want to spoil his game but he also needs to be a wee bit smarter .

Brownie got away with more because of who he played for but also he is very good at not getting caught

Tom Hardy’s Dug
34 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

These two lads at the top of that list might make a decent partnership...

yep - would be great to have the two highest tacklers in the league controlling our central midfield.

we can only dream I guess

24 minutes ago, sac said:

Also has the highest cuddle rate. He’s like a mad mental koala jumping on everything that moves, even the ref’s

😂

5 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

I had a look for interceptions but couldn't see anything. Scroll down to "show leaders" for individual stats - https://fbref.com/en/comps/40/Scottish-Premiership-Stats

Some interesting stuff backing the RCC move on there, 10 goals (1 pen) from 31 attempts, 16 on target. Morelos 8 goals from 80 attempts, only 24 on target. Or Kevin Hibsdit, 5 goals from 60 attempts, 18 on target. I think Ron the con will struggle to get big money for a 1 in 12 striker, what a shame! 

The one concern I would have is that this season is an outlier for RCC.

People should read Rasmus Ankerson’s book “Hunger in Paradise” on Newcastle’s last decent season and the shot to goal ratio of Pappa Cisse, which was statistically a complete outlier and had him rated as a better finisher than Messi (I think).

eg the stats proved/showed he was unlikely ever to sustain that form.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Devlin should never have been booked in the Celtic game so all the criticism is harsh. Him and Jota got tangled together and Taylor decided to run in and grab him

Robbie's words reaffirming what thankfully some of us already know, and that is there is no need to dip into the market on a whim. So much expectation from fans to sign a player this window when, striker aside, there wasn't necessarily a huge need for new players. We're having a good season with a pretty good, balanced squad, so the club will be looking at that and only looking to add new players if they are genuinely going to improve the team, which in the January window, can be hard to do.

This new style of recruitment we've seen this year is truly a breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.

16 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but Haring is a better player than Devlin. We’d be very lucky to replace him with a player of the same quality. 

Also, apart from yesterday when has Devlin played a forward pass that actually reached a team mate?

This.

I didn't see the game on Saturday but it looked on the highlights and sounds like Devlin had a great game. Which is brilliant, but I haven't seen that in the other times I've seen him. Grafter who wears his heart on his sleeve, the epitome of a future cult hero...but Peter Haring is a much better footballer imo.

Haring and Beni are a great duo. I'd view Devlin as more of a backup to Beni than a replacement for Haring.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

This.

I didn't see the game on Saturday but it looked on the highlights and sounds like Devlin had a great game. Which is brilliant, but I haven't seen that in the other times I've seen him. Grafter who wears his heart on his sleeve, the epitome of a future cult hero...but Peter Haring is a much better footballer imo.

Haring and Beni are a great duo. I'd view Devlin as more of a backup to Beni than a replacement for Haring.

I really like Devlin and can see how he looked good on the highlights, but I don't think he had a great game on Saturday and thought he gave up possession more than he usually does. Haring was good when he came on and would be my choice for the derby.

20 minutes ago, Rory Mcilroy said:

Found interceptions, thanks.   It was under miscellaneous stats.   Fitzwater from Livingston 40 interceptions, quite good.    Souttar, Devlin, Kingsley top three for us. 

That is remarkable poor stats for Nisbet.  

30 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

We’ve had a god awful midfield for years, we were demoted with 3 league wins, pondered our way out the Championship while being humiliated in the Scottish Cup. We are now having the best season in years and Hearts fans are on to the Signings forum to have a go at a midfielder we got for pennies from Oz because he didn’t have a blinder against a Celtic midfield which cost more than our new stand?

This place is mental.

If you aren’t appreciating having Devlin, Beni, Haring and McKay in that midfield you are in for a hell of a shock when they move and I’d certainly avoid YouTube videos of recent Hearts midfields.

Agreed. I think overall there is very little for people to moan about so some are clutching at straws moaning about Devlin, Boyce, Gino etc. It's mental. 

We're third by miles already. Building a young talented squad that is only getting better. Secured key players in Halkett and Kingsley. Have arguably our greatest ever keeper (and PHM) back playing for us and in the form of his life. A manager that is Hearts through and through proving the fans wrong, me included in that btw. Savage pulling the strings. Proper scouting setup. New academy director. Stadium recently ranked in the UK top 10, even ahead of Wembley ffs. Biggest fan owned club in the UK. Top training facilities. 

Big Joe must have an easy time selling the club 😎

48 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

We’ve had a god awful midfield for years, we were demoted with 3 league wins, pondered our way out the Championship while being humiliated in the Scottish Cup. We are now having the best season in years and Hearts fans are on to the Signings forum to have a go at a midfielder we got for pennies from Oz because he didn’t have a blinder against a Celtic midfield which cost more than our new stand?

This place is mental.

If you aren’t appreciating having Devlin, Beni, Haring and McKay in that midfield you are in for a hell of a shock when they move and I’d certainly avoid YouTube videos of recent Hearts midfields.

Good summary. Devlin and Beni are the envy of most clubs in Scotland.

12 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

😂 at the picture for that article, Souttar looking at their badge. 

Yeah, missing from training has two possibilities:

1.  He's getting a rest after taking a knock in the Motherwell game. 

2.  He's getting prepared for a move to Rangers. 

Anyhoo

Whos the replacement for JS going to be  ?

Number 10 inbound   ?

9 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Found interceptions, thanks.   It was under miscellaneous stats.   Fitzwater from Livingston 40 interceptions, quite good.    Souttar, Devlin, Kingsley top three for us. 

That is remarkable poor stats for Nisbet.  

Got it now 👍 cheers 

8 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

banderson saying getting ankle rehab after Saturday 

30 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s where I’m at. Even if Souttar leaves without being replaced we’re in a better position than we started. I’m content. That being said, everyone loves a deadline day signing so wouldn’t say no, but no panic or frothing from me.

I'm pretty happy but I'd disagree there. With Halkett injured Souttar is probably our best/most aggressive aerial defender despite that not really being his game. I wouldn't fancy Moore-Sibbick-Kingsley for a sustained period.

Thankfully I don't think that'll happen. Either Souttar will stay or we'll bring in another defender IMO.

Realistically Rangers aren't going to offer us the £ value of more than 2 months worth of FOH subs, for me, no deal and we keep a fine player to the summer.

I like the look of RCC so would be happy to hear if we get him signed to a pre-contract for next season. If that’s the only piece of business I hear today then I would be happy.

In the event Soapy does take a hop, a skip and a jump to castle greyskull then I am very much hoping it is for say £500k and someone like Balogun on loan for the remainder of the season (who I believe’s contract runs out at the end of the season). If that happens then maybe we can part with some cash to bring in RCC in early doors.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

OH MY GOD!  I hadn't even considered if Cam scores his first tomorrow night.  It'd be bedlam!!  Please let that happen!!!

2-0, McKay and Devlin!

If Devlin scores he'd better do it before his first booking because otherwise he'll be red-carded for his Phil Stamp-style celebrations!

21 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I really like Devlin and can see how he looked good on the highlights, but I don't think he had a great game on Saturday and thought he gave up possession more than he usually does. Haring was good when he came on and would be my choice for the derby.

Totally agree and I like him too. 

Hus excellent involvement in the goals definitely was in contrast to his overall performance.

I also think Devlin's pass to Halliday was fortunate as I'm convinced he just overhit passing it to GMS who was closer to him.

1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

Devlin almost cost us a goal by trying to be clever in our half - lost the ball and they nearly scored.

I like Devlin, Haring and Beni - they all bring something different.

I would actually like to see who would win in a foot race (not to prove my point - just out of interest) as I don't think Haring is that slow. He's big so he might look slow but I would bet there's not much difference in actual pace compared to Devlin - who looks quicker due to being half the size...

In an ideal world I'd have the 3 of them on new 3 year contracts and be rotating them depending on who's on form. Devlin/Beni were class together before Beni's injury - Haring has more than taken his oppertunity so doesn't deserve to be dropped yet. It's a nice problem to have if you can only play two of them.

Those two are under contract until 31 may 2024 although I would not be against extending those. Not so sure about offering Haring a three year deal.

Regarding his pace or lack of you may be correct about a foot race but that doesn't really happen in a game it is more about reactions and I think Haring is the slowest of the three in that respect.

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Hus excellent involvement in the goals definitely was in contrast to his overall performance.

I also think Devlin's pass to Halliday was fortunate as I'm convinced he just overhit passing it to GMS who was closer to him.

I thought the same.

17 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Choose the narrative that will generate the most clicks! 😜 

6 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Realistically Rangers aren't going to offer us the £ value of more than 2 months worth of FOH subs, for me, no deal and we keep a fine player to the summer.

The sun are claiming aaron ramsey is on the verge of signing on loan for Sevco...this is a guy who's on a reported £400k a week so if Sevco are even paying half of that it's a massive outlay, yet still they try and get JS on the cheap. Hope we tell them to bolt

39 minutes ago, Steak said:

Devlin should never have been booked in the Celtic game so all the criticism is harsh. Him and Jota got tangled together and Taylor decided to run in and grab him

Exactly, it was a terrible piece of refereeing, nothing in it at all, and least of all from Cam.  He literally did nothing and got booked!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
25 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Worthless article if they didn't ask Neilson why Souttar was missing from training (which they probably did ask but the answer doesn't suit their clickbait agenda).

Any defenders names out there as potential replacements?  The snippet i heard (from someone who I don't believe is ITK at all) as a potential was Liam Lindsey, struggling for game time at Preston, believe he is left footed however which probably doesn't work in our setup.

6 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Not a chance.  It was a very good pass.

I've beat this drum a fair bit, and who in their right mind would go back and check, but if you did, you'll see a helluva lot of our chances are created around the box by Cam.  His vision and weight of pass - often first time - around the box seems like a very weirdly overlooked asset to me!

Not having a pop at you mate, you said you like him obviously.  It's that line people seem to miss on here where you can dicuss weak points in a player's game without going as far as saying they're shite.  So many people seem incapable of that!!! haha.  Like I love Cam to bits, but he basically just needs to breathe sometimes.  I think all three of our CMs can learn a lot from one another actually.

24 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Robbie said on Saturday that his knock was nothing major, just a knock, and that he was expecting him to be at training. Reckon he's away. 

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Exactly, it was a terrible piece of refereeing, nothing in it at all, and least of all from Cam.  He literally did nothing and got booked!

100%. Was just standing his ground. He gave as good as he got. 

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Any defenders names out there as potential replacements?  The snippet i heard (from someone who I don't believe is ITK at all) as a potential was Liam Lindsey, struggling for game time at Preston, believe he is left footed however which probably doesn't work in our setup.

Doesn't hugely matter which foot if it's for the central position (in Halks' absence I mean).  Not sure Lindsey is that type of CH?

Just now, I.T.K said:

100%. Was just standing his ground. He gave as good as he got. 

Didn't lift hands, didn't stand on the guy, didn't even get involved in words or that really.  Was really really weird!

8 minutes ago, Musemic said:

The sun are claiming aaron ramsey is on the verge of signing on loan for Sevco...this is a guy who's on a reported £400k a week so if Sevco are even paying half of that it's a massive outlay, yet still they try and get JS on the cheap. Hope we tell them to bolt

Surely no?? 

Everton, Wolves, Palace, Newcastle and Burnley all wanted him. 

Edited by Batistuta87

6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Worthless article if they didn't ask Neilson why Souttar was missing from training (which they probably did ask but the answer doesn't suit their clickbait agenda).

This is from SSN Transfer Centre Blog.

21m ago11:43

Souttar training absence due to injury

John Souttar was not involved in Hearts training today.

Sky Sports News understands this was due to the player receiving treatment for a knock he sustained in Saturday’s victory over Motherwell, rather in relation to Rangers' interest in him.

As it stands, Rangers have not made a fresh offer for the 25-year-old Scotland international.

bigsuperslim1874

Is there any real interest in Regan Charles Cook or is it just wishful thinking? I hope there IS real interest as he is a cracking player.

If.... and it's a massive if at this stage. If Aaron Ramsey does sign for Sevco. It doesn't all that bother me. The guy is rarely fit to play. The only time you see him regularly is when Wales are playing at a tournament. 

If they wish to spunk more money this way. On you go. Be my guest. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Robbie said on Saturday that his knock was nothing major, just a knock, and that he was expecting him to be at training. Reckon he's away. 

Not saying he's not away, but how do we know he wasn't at training but just not training outside? A morning in the warmth of the gym, or treatment table, might well be a better preparation than running around in the cold outside. Doesn't really matter, though, what's said, or not said, if he's away, he's away, and we've lost a very good player. But keeping Hibs guessing until tomorrow about our probable back three (or four) is no bad thing.

Gimme an H...
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Those two are under contract until 31 may 2024 although I would not be against extending those. Not so sure about offering Haring a three year deal.

Regarding his pace or lack of you may be correct about a foot race but that doesn't really happen in a game it is more about reactions and I think Haring is the slowest of the three in that respect.

We're getting too bogged down in semantics I think but you're maybe right about reactions - but again I would bet there's not enough in it to decide who should start/get a new contract on the back of it.

Haring is very good at what he's good at. Same with Devlin, same with Beni.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This is from SSN Transfer Centre Blog.

21m ago11:43

Souttar training absence due to injury

John Souttar was not involved in Hearts training today.

Sky Sports News understands this was due to the player receiving treatment for a knock he sustained in Saturday’s victory over Motherwell, rather in relation to Rangers' interest in him.

As it stands, Rangers have not made a fresh offer for the 25-year-old Scotland international.

While no one could claim Sky is a bastion of truth and integrity, they are clearly writing here what they know/believe to be true rather than matching the Sun's inventive style of never letting the truth get in the way of good clickbait.

Fxxx the SPFL
22 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

If Devlin scores he'd better do it before his first booking because otherwise he'll be red-carded for his Phil Stamp-style celebrations!

i can see him doing an Adebayor/Beattie type celebration probably run round the whole stadium

6 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Not saying he's not away, but how do we know he wasn't at training but just not training outside? A morning in the warmth of the gym, or treatment table, might well be a better preparation than running around in the cold outside. Doesn't really matter, though, what's said, or not said, if he's away, he's away, and we've lost a very good player. But keeping Hibs guessing until tomorrow about our probable back three (or four) is no bad thing.

Yeah quite possible.