** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Still a chance he will stay yeah just not as easy a decision as it was for the others👍🏻

Guess it's where the Haring family want to settle for 2 or 3 years. 

The wide players interesting though. 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

24 minutes ago, pointon said:

As soon as we signed Tobby Sibbick I thought it was unlikely Haring would be here long term

Sibbick will have no bearing on Haring. Sibbick is signed as CH, Haring is playing CM and while Sibbick can play in CM it's not what he's here to do.

Edited by CloustonHMFC

41 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The Haring point is crippling to hear. No chance he will sign on?

I heard he is keen to go home. Important relationship 

7 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Sibbick will have no bearing on Haring. Sibbick is signed as CH, Haring is playing CM and while Sibbick can play in CM it's not what he's here to do.

I think Sibbick's versatility would have been an important factor in his signing.

Just now, JamboAl said:

I think Sibbick's versatility would have been an important factor in his signing.

Absolutely however he was not brought in to primarily take a place in the center of the park. It is clear, from the Hearts statement, that his primary position for us will be at CH.

Honestly not overly bothered if we get anyone else in this window.  There has been some fantastic business done already by the clubs so happy to wait till the summer window  

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Haring was signed as a CB

Means jack shit if a player starts to excel in a different position.

Haring has been reported as not making a decision until near season’s end.

I personally amn’t as awestruck by him and think we can replace him with better if he leaves. Devlin and Beni are a better more modern midfield pairing as - in my opinion - Saturday showed. 

Beni can move the ball on more quickly and Devlin can play the forward passes and open play up if that is what he is told his role in the team is - again, see yesterday.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I personally amn’t as awestruck by him and think we can replace him with better if he leaves. Devlin and Beni are a better more modern misfiled pairing as - in my opinion - Saturday showed. 

Beni can move the ball on more quickly and Devlin can play the forward passes and open play up if that is what he is told his role in the team is - again, see yesterday.

You’re entitled to your opinion but Haring is a better player than Devlin. We’d be very lucky to replace him with a player of the same quality. 

Also, apart from yesterday when has Devlin played a forward pass that actually reached a team mate?

Whilst I'd be sad to see Haring go I'd like to think the club will have potential players in mind come the summer. Possibly players who are better and might find us all the more appealing if guaranteed group stage football in europe.

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I personally amn’t as awestruck by him and think we can replace him with better if he leaves. Devlin and Beni are a better more modern midfield pairing as - in my opinion - Saturday showed. 

The biggest drawback to Haring is he’s a bit slow. Devlin can certainly carry the ball forward well and I was impressed with him doing that yesterday but Haring is a way better passer of the ball than Beni or Devlin. Would like to see big Pete stay but if it’s not for him any more then c’est la vie I suppose.

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Also, apart from yesterday when has Devlin played a forward pass that actually reached a team mate

Yesterday? Although IMO Haring is a better player 

Captain Lithuania
1 minute ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Yesterday? Although IMO Haring is a better player 

Read what I said again carefully. I can’t remember Cammy being anything other than a deer in the headlights when he’s within 30 yards of either goal. 

Captain Lithuania
Just now, bazman said:

You can't compare devlin and Haring as they are 2 different types of player

You can compare them because they play in the same position though. 

Captain Canada

I take it we're not after a third choice keeper this window? I'm sure Neilson said we were looking back in August and then at the free agent market but nothing materialised. 

I'm not saying we need one or that it would be a good use of a wage but just wondered why it was identified as a need previously but not any more.

Edited by Captain Canada

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but Haring is a better player than Devlin. We’d be very lucky to replace him with a player of the same quality. 

Also, apart from yesterday when has Devlin played a forward pass that actually reached a team mate?

Haring is a good player in a Hearts squad from 2 years ago.

Before the Celtic game the majority has forgotten just how good Beni was and soon changed their tune about him “having to wait for his turn” to get back in the team after his second half against Celtic.

Devlin has done plenty in and around the box this season and is still only just into his 6th month in a new country and superior league from which he came. 

For example it is not inconceivable that we could replace Haring with a Beni type player but who also had goals in his locker. Would be an upgrade on Haring:

It is clear we are trying to have pace in every position in the team. Haring doesn’t have that. I’d happily keep him but think we could replace with better.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Haring is a good player in a Hearts squad from 2 years ago.

Before the Celtic game the majority has forgotten just how good Beni was and soon changed their tune about him “having to wait for his turn” to get back in the team after his second half against Celtic.

Devlin has done plenty in and around the box this season and is still only just into his 6th month in a new country and superior league from which he came. 

For example it is not inconceivable that we could replace Haring with a Beni type player but who also had goals in his locker. Would be an upgrade on Haring:

It is clear we are trying to have pace in every position in the team. Haring doesn’t have that. I’d happily keep him but think we could replace with better.

i dont think we could. I think you are massively inderrsting big Pete.. i share you view on beni of course but I think we will struggle to hold onto him past the summer.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The biggest drawback to Haring is he’s a bit slow. Devlin can certainly carry the ball forward well and I was impressed with him doing that yesterday but Haring is a way better passer of the ball than Beni or Devlin. Would like to see big Pete stay but if it’s not for him any more then c’est la vie I suppose.

I don’t disagree.

My primary point is we are likely to be able to get a younger version of a Haring type player but with pace if he leaves.

I think, naturally, people think of us like we were in the past - constantly scrambling about for replacements for good players but who had some sort of issue which, if they didn’t have it means we wouldn’t otherwise have been able to sign them.

We are in a different market now. 

Debt free. Talented recruitment team. Lots more income coming in. etc. In every other era we have had a couple of years building and buying and then “pop” all sort of cutbacks needed.

We are not in that place any more and that means we shouldn’t be hugely concerned about players like Haring leaving - good as he is.

It is an opportunity for us rather than a risk. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

i dont think we could. I think you are massively inderrsting big Pete.. i share you view on beni of course but I think we will struggle to hold onto him past the summer.

Possibly right mate.

But we’d have a whack of money to replace him.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t disagree.

My primary point is we are likely to be able to get a younger version of a Haring type player but with pace if he leaves.

I think, naturally, people think of us like we were in the past - constantly scrambling about for replacements for good players but who had some sort of issue which, if they didn’t have it means we wouldn’t otherwise have been able to sign them.

Debt free. Talented recruitment team. Lots more income coming in. etc. In every other era we have had a couple of years building and buying and then “pop” all sort of cutbacks needed.

We are not in that place any more and that means we shouldn’t be hugely concerned about players like Haring leaving - good as he is.

Good post. Haring is a player who will be tricky to replace but I’m not even sure Robbie wants that type of player for that position. Beni and Devlin are similar in some ways and they seem to be his first choice centre mid pairing. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Possibly right mate.

But we’d have a whack of money to replace him.

true. £5million minimum

Tom Hardy’s Dug
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

true. £5million minimum

It seems pretty clear to me that we have some sort of gentleman’s agreement and/or decent release clause (like we had with Lafferty) for Beni and both parties fully expect him to leave in summer.

The mentions of “enjoy him while we can”

and even Beni saying he wants to earn us a lot of money if he can. Robbie saying we already had interest in him (and Cammy for that matter) in the lead up to Xmas…

I think the question in summer will be - does he want a shot at Europe before he moves? If he does and does well we should be looking at £7M plus for him if he proves himself in Europe.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’m probably in the minority but haring going in the summer doesn’t concern me. He has almost recovered back to his initial form but do feel lost some of his pace and do think he is a back up if everyone is fit. With our new recruitment team feel like we could have a younger replacement 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t disagree.

Very good post. 👍   Much as I like Haring, he's only going to slow down if he were to spend another 2 or 3 years here.s.  His biggest attribute is being an all-action big terrier with enormous energy - a sort of defensive  version of Ryan Stevenson.  Age will catch up with him unfortunately, and he'd become less effective.     Based on the standard of players signed in the  last window and this one, we can be confident that Joe and his team will find  a younger replacement in our price range.   

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Very good post. 👍   Much as I like Haring, he's only going to slow down if he were to spend another 2 or 3 years here.s.  His biggest attribute is being an all-action big terrier with enormous energy - a sort of defensive  version of Ryan Stevenson.  Age will catch up with him unfortunately, and he'd become less effective.     Based on the standard of players signed in the  last window and this one, we can be confident that Joe and his team will find  a younger replacement in our price range.   

We tend to forget that Haring was signed as a centre-back and might still have a role there.

For me his main attributes are reading the game, timing his tackles and passing the ball. 

He has proved himself once again (now fit) to be an important player so I hope we keep him.

If Pete wants to stay I'd be delighted, he's been a good player for us and rarely has a bad game but if he goes, I'm sure we'll find someone to replace him. Our recruitment team have come up trumps in both windows this year. I have no worries. 

Dagger Is Back
30 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Read what I said again carefully. I can’t remember Cammy being anything other than a deer in the headlights when he’s within 30 yards of either goal. 

🤦‍♂️ selective reading on my part. Apologies.

33 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

You can compare them because they play in the same position though. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

43 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

You are having an absolute nightmare on this thread!

Incredible to see Devlin and Boyce being criticised on here over the last week. Suppose with Halliday being on form someone needs booed...

Edited by Mr Elwood P

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If Pete wants to stay I'd be delighted, he's been a good player for us and rarely has a bad game but if he goes, I'm sure we'll find someone to replace him. Our recruitment team have come up trumps in both windows this year. I have no worries. 

This is exactly where I am

Haring and Devlin are very different players and we need both. Devlin brings tenacity and quick, short passes. Haring brings height, physicality and a good range of passing. 

Hope we keep Haring, comes on steadys the game, when he came off against Celtic in Cup final, the team fell apart, experienced head. 

Hope we keep him would hate to see him going to a Scottish Club. 

Just now, King prawn said:

Haring and Devlin are very different players and we need both. Devlin brings tenacity and quick, short passes. Haring brings height, physicality and a good range of passing. 

Having a squad 👍👏

If offers come in for Beni or Devlin in summer, we don't need to worry, in Comes Haring, giving us time to source and get someone else in or for Haring to take that position. 

23 minutes ago, King prawn said:

To be fair Devlin got an assist for the first and it was him who broke up Motherwell possession, drove forward and made the attack for the second goal happen. If he keeps doing that along with the midfield competitiveness we'll have won a watch.

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is exactly where I am

I'd prefer we didn't have to replace. However, that's why we have good recruitment, if we lose a good player we can replace them without weakening the squad. 

13 minutes ago, King prawn said:

👍 he is a key player.

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hope we keep Haring, comes on steadys the game, when he came off against Celtic in Cup final, the team fell apart, experienced head. 

Hope we keep him would hate to see him going to a Scottish Club. 

I do too. He’s good player and popular with the support as well. I think he will have offers from quite a few European leagues in Austria, Germany, Switzerland and maybe in England too. He’s in his peak years and he has the chance to earn good money. 

If we get guaranteed group stage football next term (even if it’s Conference League) I would really hope that Beni would stay beyond the summer.

Just now, Smithee said:

To be fair Devlin got an assist for the first and it was him who broke up Motherwell possession, drove forward and made the attack for the second goal happen. If he keeps doing that along with the midfield competitiveness we'll have won a watch.

Devlin is class 👌 He's had one bad game this season midweek. Other than that he's been immense. 

We need 3 good midfielders with injuries and suspensions. The current 3 all have a good mix of different skill sets. Robbie has said that he wants guys that can run and cover ground quicker. If there's ever been a criticism of Haring though, it is that, he's not got the pace that Beni and Devlin do for e.g. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

What's modern about Devlin?  He's the epitome of a try hard 1970s midfielder.

jamboinglasgow

Football fans are weird. A player who everyone has loved, has a bad game and suddenly he was always an outdated player who we can all do better than. Devlin is fine, he is still adapting to Scottish football (something people forget) and last game he was instrumental in our two goals.

kingantti1874
40 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Hard to believe some have Beni sold off already. He's barely gotten off the bus.

hope he stays for 5 years..  just being realistic.  We may have struggled this month barring his injury

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Devlin is class 👌 He's had one bad game this season midweek. Other than that he's been immense. 

We need 3 good midfielders with injuries and suspensions. The current 3 all have a good mix of different skill sets. Robbie has said that he wants guys that can run and cover ground quicker. If there's ever been a criticism of Haring though, it is that, he's not got the pace that Beni and Devlin do for e.g. 

Maybe not the pace     but the football brain

20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Football fans are weird. A player who everyone has loved, has a bad game and suddenly he was always an outdated player who we can all do better than. Devlin is fine, he is still adapting to Scottish football (something people forget) and last game he was instrumental in our two goals.

It’s only a select few tbf. 98% have had no such issues with CD.

said it before they have to vent their whatever in someone’s direction. It’ll probably be Craig Gordon next week

4 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Maybe not the pace     but the football brain

Defo, reads the game well and positioning is always good. 👍

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Devlin started off well but has been in a downward spiral for a few weeks now.

Set up 2 goals yesterday but overall was poor imo.

He needs dropped/rested to reset as a football player imo.

Vlad the impaler

A lot of fans are desperate for the club ti make one big sale to prove that we’re doing things right. Me I just want us to keep our best players as long as we can. That means keeping Souttar til seasons end ti help us achieve our goal and definitely not even contemplating selling Beni in summer. Hibs will find out soon how having £3m in the bank means hee haw when your teams gubbed

Gimme an H...
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Devlin started off well but has been in a downward spiral for a few weeks now.

Set up 2 goals yesterday but overall was poor imo.

He needs dropped/rested to reset as a football player imo.

He just needs to keep it simple. Do what he’s good at - winning the ball and give it to the footballers.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

It’s only a select few tbf. 98% have had no such issues with CD.

said it before they have to vent their whatever in someone’s direction. It’ll probably be Craig Gordon next week

yeah you are right. I am just happy we have 3 central midfielders who have rotate in for each other and provide differences from each other which helps the team. Considering some of the weak central midfields we have had over recent seasons we should enjoy it not find scapegoats.

Just want to throw something interesting out there:  One of my good friends who’s Ross County daft and very much in-the-know about his club, told me this evening that apparently Hearts have “made contact” about RCC.  It could be nonsense of course, but here’s hoping there’s some truth to his “reliable source”. 

/Neil 

Edited by Neil_Grant

22 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

He just needs to keep it simple. Do what he’s good at - winning the ball and give it to the footballers.

Yip. Seems to want to be everyone's pal just now.

22 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

My thoughts entirely