** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

43 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I'm pretty happy but I'd disagree there. With Halkett injured Souttar is probably our best/most aggressive aerial defender despite that not really being his game. I wouldn't fancy Moore-Sibbick-Kingsley for a sustained period.

Thankfully I don't think that'll happen. Either Souttar will stay or we'll bring in another defender IMO.

I don’t think Souttar will leave either, but we know he’s always an injury risk anyway. And I think if Moore, Sibbick and Kingsley have a chance to form a back three understanding we’ll be just fine. And Halkett won’t be out for the season or anything so I think we’re fine either way to be honest.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

18 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

i can see him doing an Adebayor/Beattie type celebration probably run round the whole stadium

Think he’ll cling to the upright as if it’s a eucalyptus.

34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Robbie said on Saturday that his knock was nothing major, just a knock, and that he was expecting him to be at training. Reckon he's away. 

Robbie said this morning that Souttar will play tomorrow. 

If Ramsey signs for Rangers then zero chance of them stumping up cash for Souttar. If they do both then someone needs to have a look over their accounts as that doesn’t add up. Have a feeling someone at Rangers has ‘leaked’ the Ramsey story to the press to appease fans by saying ‘look, we tried to sign him but he opted to stay at Juventus/sign for a PL club, but just goes to show our ambition etc etc”.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

If Ramsey signs for Rangers then zero chance of them stumping up cash for Souttar. If they do both then someone needs to have a look over their accounts as that doesn’t add up. Have a feeling someone at Rangers has ‘leaked’ the Ramsey story to the press to appease fans by saying ‘look, we tried to sign him but he opted to stay at Juventus/sign for a PL club, but just goes to show our ambition etc etc”.

I reckon both might end up at Rangers. 

47 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Any defenders names out there as potential replacements?  The snippet i heard (from someone who I don't believe is ITK at all) as a potential was Liam Lindsey, struggling for game time at Preston, believe he is left footed however which probably doesn't work in our setup.

I was going to suggest Livingstons' Jack Fitzwater but he has interest from the Premier league.   You never know though.    He's out of contract this summer. 

Just now, HMFC01 said:

I was going to suggest Livingstons' Jack Fitzwater but he has interest from the Premier league.   You never know though.    He's out of contract this summer. 

You might not be far away with that 👍

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Robbie said this morning that Souttar will play tomorrow. 

He also said we were doing effectively **** all training today as well.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Getting Ramsey or not  won't effect any bid for Souttar. 

I would of said to Rangers if they’d come in for Souttar after last Tuesday “You had plenty of time but Souttar is staying with us till his contract runs out”.

Whatever Sevco offer us today MUST be paid upfront, no instalments, if they dont win this league and get the champions league money they have gambled everything on they must be odds on for Admin before the start of next season.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

I would of said to Rangers if they’d come in for Souttar after last Tuesday “You had plenty of time but Souttar is staying with us till his contract runs out”.

They probably think we’re going to fold. We’re probably not going to fold. Souttar will still be a Hearts player tomorrow morning.

If we sell Souttar for decent dough and get a cut of a big Hickey transfer, at what point do we thank Craig Levein? 😊

It's a rhetorical  questions btw 

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

They probably think we’re going to fold. We’re probably not going to fold. Souttar will still be a Hearts player tomorrow morning.

You could be right…but you could also be wrong. 😄

Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

If we sell Souttar for decent dough and get a cut of a big Hickey transfer, at what point do we thank Craig Levein? 😊

We’ll have none of your rhetoric here!!  🧐

I can't stand the Snakey way Souttar went about his business, but I really hope we keep him till the end of the seaz. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

You could be right…but you could also be wrong. 😄

Amazing insight Dave. That’s why your admin and I’m a minion 😂

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Amazing insight Dave. That’s why your admin and I’m a minion 😂

Absolutely. 🤣 I err on the side of him going this window but a chance he might not.

I think it’s best he does go if we can re-invest the fee to help get a good CB In, either on loan or permanently. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Absolutely. 🤣 I err on the side of him going this window but a chance he might not.

I think it’s best he does go if we can re-invest the fee to help get a good CB In, either on loan or permanently. 

I’m hoping we have an option on standby that we can go an get before midnight if this goes through for decent money, even if it’s not a straight replacement.

Im hoping we go and get RCC to be honest 

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Kenny Rodgers …….. You’ve got to know when to hold ‘em,

Know when to fold ‘em,

Know when to walk away,

And know when to run, 

You never count your money,

etc, etc, etc….

We should put a deadline of say 5pm today for any deal from the gers. Any later than that doesn't give us time to sign a replacement, unless Sibbick is already the replacement. 

Italian Lambretta
3 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

We should put a deadline of say 5pm today for any deal from the gers. Any later than that doesn't give us time to sign a replacement, unless Sibbick is already the replacement. 

**** Sevco if they wanted souttar that bad they should have stumped up the amount last week. 

Too little to late now.

1 hour ago, Jambo92 said:

Realistically Rangers aren't going to offer us the £ value of more than 2 months worth of FOH subs, for me, no deal and we keep a fine player to the summer.

Their first offer was that ie £300K. If they offer us anything it will be more but, we have no need to sell unless it was north of £500K by a fair bit and we had a replacement lined up.

Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

**** Sevco if they wanted souttar that bad they should have stumped up the amount last week. 

Too little to late now.

This 100% this ☝️

25 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Some will, some won’t. I’m in the former camp. Both were great bits of business picking up promising talent and giving it opportunities to develop.  
Doesn’t offset many other signing mistakes but credit where credit is due. 

18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’m hoping we have an option on standby that we can go an get before midnight if this goes through for decent money, even if it’s not a straight replacement.

Im hoping we go and get RCC to be honest 

I’d imagine if we accept their offer it won’t go through until a replacement is signed. Could be a late night. 

38 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Getting Ramsey or not  won't effect any bid for Souttar. 

The reports suggest Juventus will continue to pay all his wages except what Rangers can afford within their wage structure, meaning Rangers will pay up to their wage cap on him and Juventus pay the rest. Over the next few months that’ll be a fair wad of cash. So if they offer money our board deem acceptable for Souttar I’d be asking for it all up front to be honest.

julienbrellier

We shouldn’t let Souttar go unless the bid is ridiculous. He’s going to have an important role for rest of the season now due to injuries 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Some will, some won’t. I’m in the former camp. Both were great bits of business picking up promising talent and giving it opportunities to develop.  
Doesn’t offset many other signing mistakes but credit where credit is due. 

Offset by mishandling Souttars injuries and playing a key role in relegating resulting in a diminished price for Hickey and negating an ability to keep him.

Just now, bistokid said:

Offset by mishandling Souttars injuries and playing a key role in relegating resulting in a diminished price for Hickey and negating an ability to keep him.

Maybe blame the medics for the injury situation but hardly the manager. I’m sure he didn’t over-rule the player and the medics. Hickeys price was deemed decent at the time. With the potential add-on it will still be a decent price for an 18 year-old with very limited top team game time. Hindsight is a wonderful gift you have. 

I’m starting to wonder about Souttar and his injury’s. If we believe the reports that he’s not trained today and he missed Auckinleck due to injury is there more underlying issues? Or it’s a load of nonsense or perhaps he’s been nursed along like this since his return?

34 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I'd imagine Sibbick is the direct replacement for Souttar

Atkinson means Smith is more readily available to move infield one slot.

I don'tthink we are in a desperate state if Souttar goes

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Maybe blame the medics for the injury situation but hardly the manager. I’m sure he didn’t over-rule the player and the medics. Hickeys price was deemed decent at the time. With the potential add-on it will still be a decent price for an 18 year-old with very limited top team game time. Hindsight is a wonderful gift you have. 

Really, I thought it was an ok price but only because we were relegated. 

And he was the Manager and in charge of all football departments so the buck stops with him. Sorry, don't want to open this up again so shouldn't have responded.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Plenty of options available if Souttar goes. 

More likely to be a loan than a permanent signing?

3 minutes ago, Sid said:

If he could reach it! 

TBF, the upright is connect to the ground. 

cammy’s not huge, but he can reach the ground. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, bistokid said:

We are likely to find out when he eventually moves, my injury hell at Hearts. He’s still friendly with Levein so I reckon he will blame the medics, who also rushed him back under Stendel when he wasn’t right. 
But as the DoF was in charge of those medics he ultimately takes the blame.

I think Souttar will end up leaving, however it needs to be done in enough time for us to bring in another player. If we can't then we should tell them to bolt. 

24 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I'd imagine Sibbick is the direct replacement for Souttar

Atkinson means Smith is more readily available to move infield one slot.

I don'tthink we are in a desperate state if Souttar goes

Both good on the ball and pacey. Only side of his game I'm not too sure about is Sibbick's heading though? Not sure i recall him winning much in the air any time I've seen him. Could be wrong though

He could also do with bulking up a little bit IMO, time for that though as he's so only 22.

I know I could be alone on this ship, but as Turkgucu Munchen is on insolvency, I would like us to sign back Andy Irving and to push back Haring as a CB for the rest of the season 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

If Souttar was going he would have been gone already I think. They have to pay our price, in their stubborn world, too much of a loss of pride to an inferior (in their mind) to allow it to happen

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Both good on the ball and pacey. Only side of his game I'm not too sure about is Sibbick's heading though? Not sure i recall him winning much in the air any time I've seen him. Could be wrong though

He could also do with bulking up a little bit IMO, time for that though as he's so only 22.

I think Souttar’s ability on the ball isn’t recognised enough. He can carry the ball really well and seems to often make the right decisions for when to play a pass long or short or drive with the ball. Not sure Sibbick will replace that, not instantly anyway. But he is a talented footballer too. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, HMFC_France said:

I know I could be alone on this ship, but as Turkgucu Munchen is on insolvency, I would like us to sign back Andy Irving and to push back Haring as a CB for the rest of the season 

I like to think we have left that quality of player behind now. Probably end up at Hibs, with some pathetic attempt at goading us they have smashed us

2 minutes ago, HMFC_France said:

You’re supposed to improve your squad in transfer windows.