** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

For some folks, Devlin to Halliday, then GOAL!!! = consternation and much mental turmoil. Time to double down on sticking the boot in. 😆

Heavy on the “aye,but…”

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

1 minute ago, maroon said:

Will we see the return of a former player today🤔

It can only think of Paterson and Nicholson and would not be elated with either 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, lou said:

Agreed. Neither improves the starting 11 and neither is better than our bench

Just took a look on the county forum

Westhillstaggies http://www.overthebridge.info/images/square/buddy_offline.png

http://overthebridge.info/images/star.pnghttp://overthebridge.info/images/star.png
, 05:58 PM
Seeing rumours from a fairly reliable source that rcc could be away to hearts, hopefully not, would love to see him sign up for another year or 2.

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Tam McManus looks like Leanne Dempster in that picture 😂

😂😂I thought was her when I first looked!!

15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Haring is a better player and offers more attacking threat (perhaps Devlin is adding that to his game with a big hand in the two goals v Motherwell).   Devlin will win more tackles.  Depends what Robbie wants in a certain game. 

Different players. Devlin reminds me of - as much as it pains me to say it - Scott Brown. Just doesn't stop running, gets stuck in, chases absolutely everything, seems to have limitless energy, is a total wind-up merchant, and is generally just a pain in the arse to play against. I think he gets a bit over excited when he's got the ball at his feet and his resulting passes / shots can be overhit or rushed. Once he calms down a bit and composes himself I genuinely think he could be Lower-EPL/Championship material. Haring is the composed one. He sort of lets the ball come to him, intercepts, and is much more composed and calm all round. Cammy is ferrel. He's like Scrappy doo and Big Pete is like a Golden Retriever 🤣

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Andyp1874 said:

😂😂I thought was her when I first looked!!

😂

Also the name on Twitter too "The_Tman :facepalm: What a sausage 

How are everyone’s whelms this morning?

My whelms are currently ticking over at a steady 60/100.

Potentially hitting a high of 75.

Potentially dropping to a low of 40.

:horse:

Deadline day quest

Not expecting anyone in, so if there is it will be a pleasant surprise (I hope).

If the one player expected to leave leaves, then no big deal in my opinion. Once players back from injury with Sibbick now in we’re in no worse a position we were in when we started the window.

My tip: Expect nothing but a Souttar departure. Anything else that happens is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I would be happy with RCC on a pre contract coming in the summer. 

As with Halkett, I suspect if we sign him on a pre contract, it won’t be announced until Ross County are confirmed safe in the league or bottom/top six. Seems to be the way we do things.

I think this is why we took the hump with rangers announcing JS PCA. It creates a lot of unnecessary agro.

15 minutes ago, lou said:

11 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Agreed. Neither improves the starting 11 and neither is better than our bench

Agree with you both. Hoping the “are we going to see a former player” means are we going to see Souttar go from a current player to former player, as I just cannot think of any former players I’d like to see back with us right now.

EDIT: They said “return”. Christ knows…

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Seems to be a lot of chatter online about us signing Charles-Cook.

Just saw this as well:

Sounds like a departure message to me?

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I would be happy with RCC on a pre contract coming in the summer. 

I thought we all thought pre-contracts were a terrible, traitorous thing to do? 

Leveins Battalion
Just now, soonbe110 said:

Hopefully it’s not RCC in and Bazza back to Ibrox. 

Aye if they offer £5 miilion.

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

:horse:

Deadline day quest

Not expecting anyone in, so if there is it will be a pleasant surprise (I hope).

If the one player expected to leave leaves, then no big deal in my opinion. Once players back from injury with Sibbick now in we’re in no worse a position we were in when we started the window.

My tip: Expect nothing but a Souttar departure. Anything else that happens is a bonus.

You should be grazing your tea all day today! 

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Berra to replace Soutar?😂😂😂😂😂😂

Berra and Aaron Hughes coming back to help out the defence 🔥

Everybody Loves Baz!
1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

So what are we predicting will happen before the ""SLAM"" happens tonight. 

New attacking player? 🔥

Souttar makes a move? 🐍

New centre half arrives? 💪

Charles Cook on preseason deal? 🤔

A late bid for one of our players? 😱

AgentJambo to ask another 500 questions.

RCC seems more like a vermin signing than a Hearts signing to me.

They need him more than us, they've got cash to spend and a lack of quality in their squad.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

They need him more than us, they've got cash to spend and a lack of quality in their squad.

If he goes to Hibs it will be a panic buy from Hibs today. Will end up at Aberdeen, Aberdeen seem to pull players from Ross County and Inverness over the years maybe happy living up there. 

I would love us to sign Cook this window, think he would do really well for Hearts. Seems strong, quick and can clearly finish well. 

30 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Absolutely. Devlin is not a bad player at all. Absolutely a place for him in the team against certain opponents as is with Haring. I think Harings calm head, reading of the game and ability to turn defence into attack is invaluable. 

The way I describe Dev on the ball is on the halfway line he isn't overly progressive and tends to play safe (but keeps us the ball), but up near the opposition box, he's actually very good at picking out little passes and has a very good picture of what's around him.  Really great weight of pass in those areas too.

People decide someone is a "defensive mifielder (DM/CDM all that) and can't see past it.  Dev has been involved in a lot of our good work around the box against packed defences this season.  Seems to go unnoticed.

1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I predict we offer them McAneff (either loan or swap) + cash for RCC.

Not ITK, just a guess.

Unlikely. Doubt McEneff would want that move.

Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

If he goes to Hibs it will be a panic buy from Hibs today. Will end up at Aberdeen, Aberdeen seem to pull players from Ross County and Inverness over the years maybe happy living up there. 

Definitely possible. They do seem to sign a lot of players from those clubs.

Just now, cosanostra said:

I was about to post similar. They've got the Boyle money and need to spend it on a decent replacement.

I'm happy enough to be wrong, but spending a big chunk of cash on the latest Premiership flavour of the month when their stock is high doesn't seem like our style tbh.

30 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Tam McManus looks like Leanne Dempster in that picture 😂

Except Leanne's more attractive, more intelligent, and a better footballer. 🤭

4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Unlikely. Doubt McEneff would want that move.

Definitely possible. They do seem to sign a lot of players from those clubs.

Don't think we would be looking to shift McEneff on loan or a perm departure. If RCC was to be signed and a player was involved going the other way maybe Euan Henderson from our current first team. He would play regular and become a good footballer getting the experience up their just not good enough for Hearts. 

100K + Henderson for RCC and fling in a sell on clause for a laugh because it seems to be the thing now in football. 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Don't think we would be looking to shift McEneff on loan or a perm departure. If RCC was to be signed and a player was involved going the other way maybe Euan Henderson from our current first team. He would play regular and become a good footballer getting the experience up their just not good enough for Hearts. 

I'd give them GMS

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I was about to post similar. They've got the Boyle money and need to spend it on a decent replacement.

I'm happy enough to be wrong, but spending a big chunk of cash on the latest Premiership flavour of the month when their stock is high doesn't seem like our style tbh.

Kinda know what you mean, but what I'd say about this setup at Hearts is we wouldn't just rush out and sign this guy cos he's having a purple patch.  There will have been analysis of his game both at County and his previous clubs (not sure his history myself..?), including gathering references.

Lots of thought about how he fits in to our actual setup etc and lots of comparison against other prospective targets.  Example from the rumour mill, how does he stack up against Ogashiwa and would he be instead?  How does he stack up against Woodburn/GMS etc too.

I'm maybe wrong here, but I don't think it'd be like the past (either recently when we were just amateur or days gone by when scouting was a bit less scientific(!)) where we'd have just went "this baoys scored few goals likes".

Whereas I get the feeling Hibs, maybe Aberdeen too, would still just send a scout to watch him a couple of times and chuck some cash at him.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Kinda know what you mean, but what I'd say about this setup at Hearts is we wouldn't just rush out and sign this guy cos he's having a purple patch.  There will have been analysis of his game both at County and his previous clubs (not sure his history myself..?), including gathering references.

Lots of thought about how he fits in to our actual setup etc and lots of comparison against other prospective targets.  Example from the rumour mill, how does he stack up against Ogashiwa and would he be instead?  How does he stack up against Woodburn/GMS etc too.

I'm maybe wrong here, but I don't think it'd be like the past (either recently when we were just amateur or days gone by when scouting was a bit less scientific(!)) where we'd have just went "this baoys scored few goals likes".

Whereas I get the feeling Hibs, maybe Aberdeen too, would still just send a scout to watch him a couple of times and chuck some cash at him.

Very sensible 👍👍

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Dream's ****ed, folks. Back to Souttar, today.

Ah, well.

Screenshot_20220131-093131_Twitter.jpg

Define "crazy" to Ross Co.  I mean "crazy" for us for Souttar would be £600k ish probably.  What's their crazy?

What I'd say here is that if it's to be us, we don't really need him now.  We could PCA the guy and happily take him in the summer.

Not advocating we do as not seen him much, but if he's the one we want, we're not in a rush in his position just now.

They have relegation to worry about so their "crazy" may well be high tbf and that's up to them.  Stevie Ferguson a good jambo so sure he'd be happy to deal with us!!!!!!!  Send them Hendo til end of seson.

42 minutes ago, CAR said:

Just took a look on the county forum

, 05:58 PM
Seeing rumours from a fairly reliable source that rcc could be away to hearts, hopefully not, would love to see him sign up for another year or 2.

More inclined to believe a Ross County forum than JKB simply because it's Dingwall, they all probably share a pub with the entirety of the backroom staff up there

jambo-in-furness
23 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Big Ron has the cash,  it ain’t goin nowhere.

Ah well, it's been a very good window. 

Souttar I guess the only outstanding bit of pissabootery that might come up.  Rangers doing their usual instead of just putting in a proper bid and giving us time to find a replacement.  Probably expecting us to go crawling and say, "awright, we'll take yer pennies" today.  That's not us any more though.