Jump to content

** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal


Sertse
 Share

Recommended Posts

Gary Locke
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He needs a song - FACT.

We’ve got sibbick at the back, boycie in attack, toby hates the hibees, hearts are back...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Pasquale for King

    357

  • Bazzas right boot

    395

  • BackOfTheNet

    505

  • GinRummy

    539

Just now, Gary Locke said:

We’ve got sibbick at the back, boycie in attack, toby hates the hibees, hearts are back...


We’ve got Sibbick at the back

Souttar’s a dirty rat

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Future's Maroon

Things I have noticed

 

We are signing promising, younger, with potential selling value, players who fit the club and what we need and in positions we need.

 

We are getting players in who could have possibly earned more elsewhere, but WANT to come here.

 

No journeyman type signings (big thing for me)

 

The not on a match day, 12 noon, 3pm or 6pm announcements are oot the window….it can come out anytime.

 

Souttar - I liked Robbie’s comments about it will now take a higher offer to get him now due to injuries and he would serve us well till the end of the season.

 

Other teams fans disappointed to lose a player to us as they rated them - Everton and Barnsley fans in last couple of days.

 

Shiit has changed massively at Hearts and we can only get stronger/better.

 

Absolutely nae leaks, itk is dead - I used to get tidbits from a prominent ex employee on the coaching staff, which in hindsight was wrong and wrong for me posting it on here….that ship has sailed.

 

Its only positive and going to get better imo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jam doughnut
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sibbick was given a chance under big val, as the Barnsley fans call him. 

 

They lost him and mowatt to West brom, sibbick is very much a player that if kept fit, will be a real asset we can make money on him. 

 

And he is well suited to a high press can play right back, centre back, centre midfield, very versatile player. 

Key words being ‘if kept fit’’. Whether he has a fitness, injury or other issues, he’s missed more games than he has played since being at Hearts on loan. 3.5 year deal though. Hmmm. 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, hunts said:

Heard a rumour tonight - Declan Gallagher from Aberdeen 

 

I expect we're done with CBs for this window unless Halkett's injury is serious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ToqueJambo

Getting slightly dizzy with the strength of our squad now. There's zero deadwood and in summer we can focus on upgrades only - maybe to the likes of GMS, Stewart and Halliday - and replacing any loans who leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo 4 Ever
9 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Things I have noticed

 

We are signing promising, younger, with potential selling value, players who fit the club and what we need and in positions we need.

 

We are getting players in who could have possibly earned more elsewhere, but WANT to come here.

 

No journeyman type signings (big thing for me)

 

The not on a match day, 12 noon, 3pm or 6pm announcements are oot the window….it can come out anytime.

 

Souttar - I liked Robbie’s comments about it will now take a higher offer to get him now due to injuries and he would serve us well till the end of the season.

 

Other teams fans disappointed to lose a player to us as they rated them - Everton and Barnsley fans in last couple of days.

 

Shiit has changed massively at Hearts and we can only get stronger/better.

 

Absolutely nae leaks, itk is dead - I used to get tidbits from a prominent ex employee on the coaching staff, which in hindsight was wrong and wrong for me posting it on here….that ship has sailed.

 

Its only positive and going to get better imo

This is the key bit for me - no longer signing foreign nobodies who haven’t heard of hearts 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

 

I expect we're done with CBs for this window unless Halkett's injury is serious.

 

Aye, Gallagher is the type of player you'd put in the middle to stick his head on anything. Halk's position.

 

Although they had a good relationship at Livi. 

 

I think one more attacking addition and that'll be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

 

Aye, Gallagher is the type of player you'd put in the middle to stick his head on anything. Halk's position.

 

Although they had a good relationship at Livi. 

 

I think one more attacking addition and that'll be it.

Don't want that convict anywhere near my club!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, indianajones said:

 

I have zero words to convey how much I despise Perreria. Never a professional goalkeeper in a million years. 

 

Souttar and Halkett both looked like they had a shocker in that game. 

Every shot he managed to save seemed to be parried out to a more dangerous situation. Then there were the ones that would go straight through him or he was too slow to get down to. 

 

We were all over the place in some games then you got the odd few where you thought "maybe, just maybe, we can get out this ourselves" and COVID put an end to that. We really have came so far in a short space of time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

But if Souttar goes then I'd say we are still a CB short given the injuries to Halkett, Smith and Kingsley this season. 

 

I also think we are missing another striker/wide player unless we give Henderson a chance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jambo 4 Ever
3 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Welcome back Toby 🇱🇻

Screenshot_20220127-231709_SofaScore.png

Was that from when we played rangers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

goldiebackwash1985
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Was that from when we played rangers?

Aye it was

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

 

7B208344-699A-4E0D-BBF8-8A3B34F5ADF5.webp

Toby Sibbrano! Whatever happened to him, anyway? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:


Play 4 up front next time instead of 3?

 

We need fans to understand football finances and preferably ones that can see the blatantly obvious!

Strange response …. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tom Hardy’s Dug
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Getting slightly dizzy with the strength of our squad now. There's zero deadwood and in summer we can focus on upgrades only - maybe to the likes of GMS, Stewart and Halliday - and replacing any loans who leave.

As I’ve said it can’t all be done in one window. 
 

Incremental improvements and marginal gains each window.

 

Just imagine how good summer window could be if we are guaranteed group stages in Europe - even in the shite league.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This is the key bit for me - no longer signing foreign nobodies who haven’t heard of hearts 


Aye, I’m sure Atkinson, Devlin, Simms, Baningime, Moore, Cochrane and Woodburn grew up in their respective homelands with their Hearts World TV subscriptions…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

This is the key bit for me - no longer signing foreign nobodies who haven’t heard of hearts 

 

Foreign nobodies as opposed to good Scottish or British lads aye?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

 

Foreign nobodies as opposed to good Scottish or British lads aye?


Or Australian. Or Congolese, of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cookieboy
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:


Or Australian. Or Congolese, of course.

Sibbick qualifies for Uganda . just saying 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

julienbrellier

Great signing, welcome back big man, reminds me of Danny Stendel, loved that guy 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

Sibbick qualifies for Uganda . just saying 🙂


Even then, he grew up in London, as much as we like to call ourselves the famous, I doubt he’d heard of us growing up. I didn’t include him in the list as he has played for us before so I would say he has heard of us. :wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lone Striker

What do folk think the situation is with the Japanese lad ?  Will we try a pre-contract for the summer ?   

 

This window has been damn good so far, though.   Credit to the board for financially  backing the recruitment targets.  For a change, our  usual optimism after a transfer window  actually feels justified this time. !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

There’s more answers than questions on jkb 

That's mainly down to a certain poster from Hamilton though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stendelnator

Our squad is starting to remind me of Aberdeen around 2014-17. Really strong squad with strength in every position that is clearly better over the course of a season than the rest of the league but still a ways off the top. Steady progress 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Four faces said:

Except the game in perth which was in the evening.

Even in the middle of winter in Perth, it's a stretch to describe 3pm as in the evening!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

cookieboy
1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Our squad is starting to remind me of Aberdeen around 2014-17. Really strong squad with strength in every position that is clearly better over the course of a season than the rest of the league but still a ways off the top. Steady progress 

except Aberdeen didnt have Hibs Rangers and us to compete with 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

stuart500

Wonder if we can upgrade our back up goalie. 

 

Feels a weak link in an ever improving squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What do folk think the situation is with the Japanese lad ?  Will we try a pre-contract for the summer ?   

 

This window has been damn good so far, though.   Credit to the board for financially  backing the recruitment targets.  For a change, our  usual optimism after a transfer window  actually feels justified this time. !!


Is the first paragraph about the same player? As Japanese seasons are over the course of a calendar year, so I don’t think we can do a pre-contract for the summer. Unless you’re asking if we are looking at pre-contract signings as well as the Japanese player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:


Is the first paragraph about the same player? As Japanese seasons are over the course of a calendar year, so I don’t think we can do a pre-contract for the summer. Unless you’re asking if we are looking at pre-contract signings as well as the Japanese player?

Ah - didn't know that. 👍    Come to think of it, I think Celtic's Japanese boys have all been signed for money anyway (mid-contract).    Hopefully Joe and his team are closing in on another forward player before Tuesday.   

 

Monday night on here will be the usual emotional coin-toss. :wattie:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

goldiebackwash1985
23 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

What do folk think the situation is with the Japanese lad ?  Will we try a pre-contract for the summer ?   

 

This window has been damn good so far, though.   Credit to the board for financially  backing the recruitment targets.  For a change, our  usual optimism after a transfer window  actually feels justified this time. !!

Ogashiwa contract expires 31st Jan 2024 and the J-League begins 18th Feb. Can't see Sapporo selling unless we pay over his market value [£495k] and it would have to be now so they can bring in a replacement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kila said:


We’ve got Sibbick at the back

Souttar’s a dirty rat

Thank God he played last night cause the rest were cack 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

 

 

That's some jump taken from a post on a forum. 

 

It's often just folk slagging a hair cut with race nothing to do with it. 

 

McKay for one has had a few comments. 

 

Absolute a giant leap to make and one that does not need to be made. 

Actually quite offensive to make that leap Tbh. No need. 

 

 

 

 

You're obviously clueless on the subject. Fair enough. I used to be too, tbh. Anyway, it's not really a topic for this thread so I'll leave it here. Feel free to carry on if you wish! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

FarmerTweedy
31 minutes ago, goldiebackwash1985 said:

Ogashiwa contract expires 31st Jan 2024 and the J-League begins 18th Feb. Can't see Sapporo selling unless we pay over his market value [£495k] and it would have to be now so they can bring in a replacement.

According to Wikipedia (!) the Japanese window is open till 29th March. We'd have to sign him by the end of our window (i.e. Monday night) for us to be able to play him for the rest of the season, but if we did sign him, they've then got almost two more months to sign a replacement, although obviously that goes beyond the start of their season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

 

Aye, Gallagher is the type of player you'd put in the middle to stick his head on anything. Halk's position.

 

Although they had a good relationship at Livi. 

 

I think one more attacking addition and that'll be it.

 

Thing is, we don't really have anyone who can cover Halkett's position, especially if Souttar leaves. Moore doesn't seem to be trusted there either. I very much doubt we're in for Gallagher, but I wouldn't mind an experienced penalty box defender who's happy to sit on the bench most of the time.

 

I also wouldn't rule out moving for another defender if Souttar leaves. We did go for Branthwaite at the end of the last window after all, and that would have been on top of Souttar, Halkett and Moore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

 

Worth watching this which explains about Black people's hair and the problem they face.

 

 

Great video. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how long a hanstring tear takes to mend?  If it's only a month or so, that's not too bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King

The last window was pretty good, this one has been excellent too, also it’s harder to get quality in but we seem to have managed to do so. 
Well done all concerned and onwards and upwards. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Does anyone know how long a hanstring tear takes to mend?  If it's only a month or so, that's not too bad.

I think there’s grades, 1-3 depending on how bad. Hopefully Halkett was just feeling it and didn’t tear it. 
 

9E92C6E9-DC10-4911-878E-C3C6FC84A77C.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

 

Thing is, we don't really have anyone who can cover Halkett's position, especially if Souttar leaves. Moore doesn't seem to be trusted there either. I very much doubt we're in for Gallagher, but I wouldn't mind an experienced penalty box defender who's happy to sit on the bench most of the time.

 

I also wouldn't rule out moving for another defender if Souttar leaves. We did go for Branthwaite at the end of the last window after all, and that would have been on top of Souttar, Halkett and Moore.

I do think Haring could do that job and is a better passer also, but we’ve not seen enough of him back there to judge that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Getting slightly dizzy with the strength of our squad now. There's zero deadwood and in summer we can focus on upgrades only - maybe to the likes of GMS, Stewart and Halliday - and replacing any loans who leave.

That's the beauty of getting your recruitment policy right. Suddenly you go from constantly looking to bring in 6 or 7 players every window, and needing to move 6 or 7 failures out, to looking for 2 or 3 quality players who are better than what we have, and 2 or 3 previous first team regulars become squad players, and we offload 2 or 3 previous squad players who are no longer going to get a sniff at the first team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Led Tasso
24 minutes ago, RobNox said:

That's the beauty of getting your recruitment policy right. Suddenly you go from constantly looking to bring in 6 or 7 players every window, and needing to move 6 or 7 failures out, to looking for 2 or 3 quality players who are better than what we have, and 2 or 3 previous first team regulars become squad players, and we offload 2 or 3 previous squad players who are no longer going to get a sniff at the first team.

Exactly. The fact that we seemed to need a clear-out so often for years was just depressing.

 

3-4 in the summer and 2-3 in January seems a good churn.

 

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Can we call him big T? 

Johnny Football has spit on all the help Texas A&M offered ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arthur Morgan

Wouldn't be surprised if Naismith had some input to this one? Obviously played in the two games Sibbick played for us. I'm sure Naismith would be a good spotter of talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AlimOzturk

Ridiculously good signing fwiw. Remember being completely blown away with how good sibbick was when he played and gutted when he got sick and ultimately left. Glandular fever sounds like a complete ***** fwiw. 
 

Hearrd and commented on the forum Hibs where after him and he turned them down earlier in the window. 

Edited by AlimOzturk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very happy with business so far. 
 

summary of what else may be going on:

 

Working on at least one more

May still be working on Oginshawa

Negotiations with one target have stalled after he doubled his wage demands. 
Gallagher from Aberdeen has been mentioned. 
Braithewait from Everton has been mentioned. 
was there talk of a South American player?

We may be after a small quick #10 style player. 
 

was that it?

Edited by CMc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...