** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No one fancy putting forward a name form the Championship or League 1 or something, just for the giggles? It’s been a while since someone stated we should sign someone who has an okay goal scoring record against huddies…

Hearts-Hearts-FC-Jambos-Scottish-Champio

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No one fancy putting forward a name form the Championship or League 1 or something, just for the giggles? It’s been a while since someone stated we should sign someone who has an okay goal scoring record against huddies…

Had a look at even the Hearts transfer rumours website for a daft rumour but last one was from the summer which was we are after Shankland. So even dodgy rumours are drying up

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Because if we lose Boyce, McKay & Gordon to injury, with no adequate replacements to come in it could mean 3rd place becomes 5th place which equals shy of £4million difference as things stand.

Not advocating signing guff, I'm saying it would be mismanagement to get rid of Walker, Souttar and Gnando with no incomings.

Nah. 

We only recruit if we can get better, if not we go with what we have. 

Pretty simple. 

23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Reece Burke

Joe Allen

Elija Adebayo

Job done. Legue's oors. 

Edited by Batistuta87

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah. 

We only recruit if we can get better, if not we go with what we have. 

Pretty simple. 

If our 2 x analysts and our Recruitment boss (Savage) can’t come up with a single decent striker who is available and affordable and who can plug a short term gap, at the very least on loan for 4 months, to me that’s a massive failure of that department.

It won’t happen though, we’ll get someone at least on loan. I’m 99% sure of it. I’m not expecting better than Boyce at this stage, but I do expect better than Gnando and more ready than Henderson 

Edited by JimmyCant

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If our 2 x analysts and our Recruitment boss (Savage) can’t come up with a single decent striker who is available and affordable and who can plug a short term gap, at the very least on loan for 4 months, to me that’s a massive failure of that department.

It won’t happen though, we’ll get someone at least on loan. I’m 99% sure of it.

It's all sorted, ye have little faith.

Just now, FFSJohn said:

It's all sorted, ye have little faith.

Little faith in some random on a forum telling me it’s sorted ? Yes indeed.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It won’t happen though, we’ll get someone at least on loan. I’m 99% sure of it.

That's the thing, I don't think we are particularly keen on "plugging a gap." 

We want good players, who want to be here or prove themselves here, not journey men that have thier mind on thier next move or pay check. 

But needs must, like you say I'd be suprised if we never got anyone but I'm very comfortable with the way we are doing things and the view to the longer term, if that means no players in then so be it. 

It will only be a failure if we fail to finish 3rd.

If we got no one and finished 3rd there would be no failure in regards to recruitment. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Little faith in some random on a forum telling me it’s sorted ? Yes indeed.

Hud the bus. Ducks are being lined up. Patience.

2 or 3 injuries and we are screwed if it's attacking players. Look what's just happened to Celtic and what's happened to us time and time again. Need reinforcements.......

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That's the thing, I don't think we are particularly keen on "plugging a gap." 

We want good players, who want to be here or prove themselves here, not journey men that have thier mind on thier next move or pay check. 

But needs must, like you say I'd be suprised if we never got anyone but I'm very comfortable with the way we are doing things and the view to the longer term, if that means no players in then so be it. 

It will only be a failure if we fail to finish 3rd.

If you got no one and finished 3rd there would be no failure in regards to recruitment. 

You finish 3rd from here by ensuring you have cover in key positions. Let’s not gamble with what we have. Let’s make as sure as possible we’ve got plenty in place to keep 3rd. Losing 3rd partly because we had not much up front and it caught up with us ? To me that’s an unacceptable risk given how much money is potentially involved for 3rd place this season. I’m not saying push the boat out here, I’m saying find someone better than the failed striker we just got rid of. it ought not be too difficult given who that was.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

You finish 3rd from here by ensuring you have cover in key positions. Let’s not gamble with what we have. Let’s make as sure as possible we’ve got plenty in place to keep 3rd. Losing 3rd partly because we had not much up front and it caught up with us ? To me that’s an unacceptable risk given how much money is potentially involved for 3rd place this season. I’m not saying push the boat out here, I’m saying find someone better than the failed striker we just got rid of. it ought not be too difficult given who that was.

Finding good  strikers are hard for any club. 

The club is looking for strikers, but the good one's might not want to come here or get better offers elsewhere. 

If we can't get a good striker, no point in signing just for the sake of it. 

I've every confidence that we'll bring in players of the required quality, either before or perhaps after, the closure of the transfer window.

1 hour ago, andrew said:

No chance Celtic would loan us a player, they hate us.

If Celtic thought it was in their best interests to loan us player, be it for development, finances or just to try take points off Rangers you can bet they'd do it. Most selfish club on the planet.

11 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Hud the bus. Ducks are being lined up. Patience.

You’ve certainly been sticking to this position. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’ve certainly been sticking to this position. 

Fairly reliable 3rd hand info from someone inside. 

lost in space
5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

I've every confidence that we'll bring in players of the required quality, either before or perhaps after, the closure of the transfer window.

Thanks for clarifying such an exact time frame for is. That really helps...........

Rudi cant fail

I doubt we will sign anyone. Robbie has said he doesn’t want to bring anyone in unless they are better than what we have. I get that to an extent, but I’d like to know what he means by that. Does he mean he doesn’t want to bring in a striker unless he is better than Liam Boyce or better than the likes of Henderson or ginnelly? I think it’s very unlikely that he will get a better all round striker than Boyce tbh. An improvement on current striking options to me would be an improvement on Henderson/ginnelly and Gnando, obviously it would be great to get an improvement on Boyce but I think that would be some feat in January.

Robbie may feel confident of finishing third and having a decent cup run this season with our current squad but a couple of injuries could hamper this. I also think that as long as we qualify for Europe then Robbie will be happy.

Don’t get me wrong I’d have taken 4th at the start of the season but for us to be comfortably third just now and to then finish 4th would be a bit of a failure.  

1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Thanks for clarifying such an exact time frame for is. That really helps...........

Is the alternative, folk working themselves into a froth that we haven't done so already, helping instead?

Recruitment since Joe Savage's appointment has been both discreet and professional. There were people working themselves up last summer in a similar manner and that ultimately has proven to perhaps be our best transfer window in living memory.

1 minute ago, Rudi cant fail said:

I doubt we will sign anyone. Robbie has said he doesn’t want to bring anyone in unless they are better than what we have. I get that to an extent, but I’d like to know what he means by that. Does he mean he doesn’t want to bring in a striker unless he is better than Liam Boyce or better than the likes of Henderson or ginnelly? I think it’s very unlikely that he will get a better all round striker than Boyce tbh. An improvement on current striking options to me would be an improvement on Henderson/ginnelly and Gnando, obviously it would be great to get an improvement on Boyce but I think that would be some feat in January.

Robbie may feel confident of finishing third and having a decent cup run this season with our current squad but a couple of injuries could hamper this. I also think that as long as we qualify for Europe then Robbie will be happy.

Don’t get me wrong I’d have taken 4th at the start of the season but for us to be comfortably third just now and to then finish 4th would be a bit of a failure.  

Robbie also said he’s expecting two in. So if that doesn’t happen then something has prevented it.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Like most of the articles he does. 

Contractually he has to talk to the media. Contractually he doesn’t have to tell them what’s going on. Is becoming  a master of leading the media up the garden path.  They keep taking the bait. We fans, by now, know to take everything he says with a pinch of salt. Long may it continue. 

1 hour ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

As I said previously, it might well be in their own best interest to lend a player to strengthen the club most likely to take points from TRFC and help them win the league. I very much doubt the decision makers at Celtic hate Hearts as much as you would like to think they do, and certainly not enough to prevent them from taking a pragmatic view of lending us a player.

Celtic have loaned loads of players to the teams round about us in league over the last few years, how many of them have come to us?  Even when it was clear that Gordon was coming home this time last year they refused to negotiate his release.

Not that I am complaining, I wouldn't want either half of those arsehole clubs lending us players.

14 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Another poster on here claims Savage told them that we didn't make any sort of offer for Ogashiwa.

FTFY!

6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

dundee wanted rid of kamara to free up his wages so accepted a token fee. To me a big club would just pay the asking price and move on. Old firm have previous for this and sometimes missed out of targets due to penny pinching

2+2=4, 5 or maybe 6??
If there was ever substance to the CP return rumours then the fact that the Owls have just signed a striker on loan from Arsenal adds further fuel to the fire. 

33 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

The planets aligned with Barrie McKay after the window, I doubt we'd get that lucky again. 

Could we? 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

We could, should, have had Kamara couple of years ago just before Rangers signed him. 

A couple of years ago, we were all over the place as far as transfers were concerned. Probably signed Loic Damour instead. 

7 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

That's the best kind!... go forth Whelmsley! Do your worst!

Is this a hint that we're signing someone who sounds German? 

bobby bombscare

Last window, we had all the same issues. People were saying we wouldn't get the players in and people frothing at the mouth that we hadn't signed enough players at the end of the window. 

These same people also said we should have brought in some journeyman winger rather than wait until the window was over to sign McKay. 

The fact of the matter is, since Savage arrived, we have had absolutely no clue about signings until they are walking into the building to sign their contract. I see no reason why that would be different this window. I also see no reason why we won't make a similar decision to wait until after the window and sign someone who is either a free agent or on loan. After the past decade of signing any old s***e to make no money from them and to see them put in half hearted performances, I am inclined to give the people running the club the freedom to do what they think is right. Considering they have so far implemented the best transfer philosophy in potentially 15+ years (from mad vlad signing anyone and everyone, to Levein singing unknowns who disappeared as quick as they arrived...).

If savage and Neilson think this is the best way to proceed, i see no evidence that this would not be the case. 

Edited by bobby bombscare

The Old Tolbooth
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

2+2=4, 5 or maybe 6??
If there was ever substance to the CP return rumours then the fact that the Owls have just signed a striker on loan from Arsenal adds further fuel to the fire. 

Really don't want him back tbh, he's been murder down South for Wednesday. 

Chill chaps any idiot can sign a huddy (look at our recent history for many occasions)

The better/best things come to those who wait …………………….

10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

2+2=4, 5 or maybe 6??

He’s also out of contract in the summer.

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

Really don't want him back tbh, he's been murder down South for Wednesday. 

Not convinced either. As I said I was adding two and two together and probably getting the wrong answer. 
If we got the CP that left us back I’d take him. Not sure about the CP I have watched in recent games for Sheffield Wed. 

13 minutes ago, JamboPete said:

He’s also out of contract in the summer.

Probably destined for Easter Road then so that the Hibs comms team can put together a hilarious video.

19 minutes ago, bobby bombscare said:

Last window, we had all the same issues. People were saying we wouldn't get the players in and people frothing at the mouth that we hadn't signed enough players at the end of the window. 

These same people also said we should have brought in some journeyman winger rather than wait until the window was over to sign McKay. 

The fact of the matter is, since Savage arrived, we have had absolutely no clue about signings until they are walking into the building to sign their contract. I see no reason why that would be different this window. I also see no reason why we won't make a similar decision to wait until after the window and sign someone who is either a free agent or on loan. After the past decade of signing any old s***e to make no money from them and to see them put in half hearted performances, I am inclined to give the people running the club the freedom to do what they think is right. Considering they have so far implemented the best transfer philosophy in potentially 15+ years (from mad vlad signing anyone and everyone, to Levein singing unknowns who disappeared as quick as they arrived...).

If savage and Neilson think this is the best way to proceed, i see no evidence that this would not be the case. 

Bang on Bud 

5 hours ago, russ said:

Was that not 2006? When he signed a contract after his loan ended then moved to Southampton in the summer.

5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Nope Southampton paid £1m for him. 

Russ is correct, RT is also correct except for the word 'Nope'!

Pasquale for King

Hagi out injured for the rest of the season and they’re after a replacement, might mean there’s no other bid for Souttar. 

Ah, I see we’re at the Callum Peterson stage of the debate again for this thread. Lack of signings have meant we’re recycling debating points.

For the record, no. For the love of god, no.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
46 minutes ago, andrew said:

Celtic have loaned loads of players to the teams round about us in league over the last few years, how many of them have come to us?  Even when it was clear that Gordon was coming home this time last year they refused to negotiate his release.

Not that I am complaining, I wouldn't want either half of those arsehole clubs lending us players.

When was the last time we were loaned a player by Aberdeen, or Motherwell, or Dundee or any other Scottish club? Do they all hate us as well? As with every single club in the world, if a loan deal suits them, they will do the loan deal. I also very much doubt that even Hearts pay any attention to what you, or any of us, would, or wouldn't want from either of those arseholes. Your hatred of the Glasgow arseholes is admirable, your business sense isn't.

36 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

All quiet on the Dhanda front?

Was more of a Beano man myself…

:clyay:

Bazzas right boot

Lots of folk really not understanding that signing a player worse than what we have will not help us and that good players to improve us, may not rush straight away to sign for us. 

Numbers are irrelevant. 

Quality is king. 

Folk need to chill out, Savage will be looking clever ( again) once the window closes. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal