** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Take it you mean £500k:thumbsup:

Robbie's idea of a bid has gone from crazy to substantial so looks like we are beginning to lower expectations

Sorry, I did mean £500k but it wouldn't have surprised me if their offer had been £5k!😀

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

12 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Sorry, I did mean £500k but it wouldn't have surprised me if their offer had been £5k!😀

You were probably correct when you think about it 😂😂

On 21/01/2022 at 22:36, TheBigO said:

That's not true though!  Craig Gordon, Halkett and Kinsgley all might have something to say about that!

Edit:  Oh, and Natty!

Natty did just fine today don’t you think?

The others as you mentioned are stayers, that’s always good. Gnads not. I’m just glad he’s gone. A shan player if ever I saw one. 30 appearances 6 goals. Pish. 

Im away to my scratcher. Been up all night. Mon the JTs

Edited by Aussie Jambo
El Pishiod

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well many will argue he cost us the Aberdeen game with his sending off. Gnanduillet never cost any points Or goals technically, but that doesn’t stop people slagging him off. Incidentally, which is not something I’m doing with Halliday, I’m simply stating the club could and should be aiming higher in terms of quality. I don’t know why thinking Halliday just isn’t very good is an opinion that gets so many people’s backs up.

That's some serious straw clutching.

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well yes, performance is down to opinion. To a degree. But this forum is full of different opinions as we have seen in this thread and others. I suspect this management team will want to offer their mate a contract, of that I am sure. I, personally (and in my opinion) think that any money that we’d spend on him can be better spent elsewhere - such as giving Haring more money to extend, or McKay to extend for example. Then when the recruitment team try and improve the team in the summer (as we should always be looking to improve) then we have current first team players like Smith or Haring or Devlin or Ginnelly be the players that have to fight for their place. Or maybe we spend the money on Cochrane signing permanently and he can be the utility player that at his age will know he won’t necessarily play every week.

I hate the whole Rangers thing and I haven't been Robbie's biggest fan but if keeping their pal on board continues to have us at third in the league, with a cup run and a squad that now doesn't have any passengers then hey something is working - barry on I'm enjoying what I'm seeing and they are earning my trust.

1 hour ago, Homme said:

That's some serious straw clutching.

Did I say I was one of those that would say that though? That’s some serious straw man argument there…

1 hour ago, Japan Jambo said:

I hate the whole Rangers thing and I haven't been Robbie's biggest fan but if keeping their pal on board continues to have us at third in the league, with a cup run and a squad that now doesn't have any passengers then hey something is working - barry on I'm enjoying what I'm seeing and they are earning my trust.

I don’t even care about the Rangers thing. And I even get the importance of having a culture at the club that’s enjoyable for others to work in. But I think some might be overestimating the importance of Halliday’s ‘bantz’.

7 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It’s went from a Souttar thread to a Halliday thread 

Lack of any signings will do that

15 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Usually a wee bit coy and underplays folk coming in Robbie but after the game today he seemed quite confident of arrivals

Signing announcement by 9am or we all march to the ticket office and boo at an unsuspecting teenager on minimum wage!

17 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Signing announcement by 9am or we all march to the ticket office and boo at an unsuspecting teenager on minimum wage!

Living wage. We’re not Celtic. 😉

6 minutes ago, drambo said:

Living wage. We’re not Celtic. 😉

Good point! But alas, our journey (or should I say quest) must continue until signings are announced! Not less than 17 signings will be acceptable.

5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's the Roddy MacDonald or Colin McAdam of previous years. Experienced back-up.

What a player Roddy was. One of my favourite ever. Not the silkiest but whole hearted. Scored goals

south morocco

Junior mendes joins as a sports scientist from St Mirren . Apologies  if old news supposedly a good appointment behind the scenes 

Vlad the impaler
5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Junior mendes joins as a sports scientist from St Mirren . Apologies  if old news supposedly a good appointment behind the scenes 

Can he still play striker?😱

I feel confident we'll see a couple signings next week. RN said in the post match interview he's looking to get a couple players in, he's very good at playing down transfers. If we were humped and couldn't get anyone I'm positive he'd be saying "well we have a strong squad, don't have a need to improve etc". My impression was they're both in the bag.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I feel confident we'll see a couple signings next week. RN said in the post match interview he's looking to get a couple players in, he's very good at playing down transfers. If we were humped and couldn't get anyone I'm positive he'd be saying "well we have a strong squad, don't have a need to improve etc". My impression was they're both in the bag.

I may be reading too much into things, but I wonder if we have signed someone but waiting for the work permit to be confirmed before announcing it. A couple of posts suggesting that someone really good has signed. Of course it could be nonsense.

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I may be reading too much into things, but I wonder if we have signed someone but waiting for the work permit to be confirmed before announcing it. A couple of posts suggesting that someone really good has signed. Of course it could be nonsense.

My hunch is that they're going to be announced and hit the ground running. It's a very tight ship regarding transfers at the club now. The people that genuinely seem ITK do seem to back up your theory, I'm think either Monday or Wednesday.

All roads lead to Gorgie

The way we are playing right now should be an incentive for players to sign especially with European football looking likely. Yes getting in the team won't be easy but we are a club on the up and joining us right now would be a good move for players with ambition. I hope if we are competing for targets they or their agents see this and we secure more quality to bolster the squad.

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

My hunch is that they're going to be announced and hit the ground running. It's a very tight ship regarding transfers at the club now. The people that genuinely seem ITK do seem to back up your theory, I'm think either Monday or Wednesday.

I still think it will be towards the end of the week. But it wouldn't surprise me if we announce 3 signings on deadline day. 

I reckon we will sign two strikers (one of which can also play attacking Midfield) and a centre back. With Souttar out the door.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

34 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Next Monday through Friday should be busy you would think. We’ve basically got 5 working days to announce anything until the Monday 31st deadline day.

Sat right in front of Joe Savage & Big Jig (before jig moved at KO) at the Talbot game…Jig says we are after more than £500k from Rangers. Savage said we were never in for Oshaniwa or the boy from chesterfield, said it is agents trying to get interest in their players and just using our name. His words were “national league, not good enough for Hearts” the feeling I got from him is we will not sign anyone unless they will really improve us, we will not just bring anyone in. Can see us using Gino as the 2nd striker & keep Henderson here. Savage btw…top man & was shouting the team on all game 👍🏼

8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Probably have him ahead of Stewart though.... 

He’s maybe better than Stewart but he’s not been good enough to get a game for partick and has been punted back out on loan to a team lower down the leagues to get a game. Neither Stewart or stone is good enough just now to cover for gordon if the worst was to happen. 

7 minutes ago, Andy Pirlo said:

Sat right in front of Joe Savage & Big Jig (before jig moved at KO) at the Talbot game…Jig says we are after more than £500k from Rangers. Savage said we were never in for Oshaniwa or the boy from chesterfield, said it is agents trying to get interest in their players and just using our name. His words were “national league, not good enough for Hearts” the feeling I got from him is we will not sign anyone unless they will really improve us, we will not just bring anyone in. Can see us using Gino as the 2nd striker & keep Henderson here. Savage btw…top man & was shouting the team on all game 👍🏼

So Neilson expects a couple in and this tidbit says we’re likely to keep what we have. This place keeps us on our toes!

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So Neilson expects a couple in and this tidbit says we’re likely to keep what we have. This place keeps us on our toes!

Doesn’t it just 🤣

Btw no one in here is ITK…savage was keeping his cards very close to his chest, happy to answer on players we have been linked with but wouldn’t give anything away on whether we are looking to get players in. He seemed very annoyed with rumours & our name being linked to players by agents. His words “Do not believe anything linking us to players in social media” it will

be quality in or we stay as we are. Tbh I was happy when he said national League isn’t good enough for us…good enough for me. Also said we are hoping to extend Haring’s contract 👍🏼

21 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣 … not be the case today mate. In fact, I think we’ll have our strongest available 11 and win 5-0. He’ll not be taking any chances!

:bravo:

jimmy the jambo

I think we’ll get someone over the line on Wednesday and it’ll create a buzz within the team as they’ll be some of the first to know,That’ll hopefully get us over the line with Celtic and the GFA and climb the table.

After that, it’s the big announcement on Thursday morning and a few days to train with the team,Then it’s debut for Saturday and hat trick. 

I hope that’s how it works? 

21 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

🤣 … not be the case today mate. In fact, I think we’ll have our strongest available 11 and win 5-0. He’ll not be taking any chances!

can i have this weeks winning lottery numbers please :biglaugh:

Phil D. Corners
28 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I think we’ll get someone over the line on Wednesday and it’ll create a buzz within the team as they’ll be some of the first to know,That’ll hopefully get us over the line with Celtic and the GFA and climb the table.

After that, it’s the big announcement on Thursday morning and a few days to train with the team,Then it’s debut for Saturday and hat trick. 

I hope that’s how it works? 

I’m guessing that we might have prospects taking in the Celtic game. 

1 minute ago, chazza74 said:

No way we’ve let Walker and gnando leave the club without having signings lined up

I’ve got no doubt whatsoever that this is right. It’s a case of when and not if. 

34 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

can i have this weeks winning lottery numbers please :biglaugh:

🤣… wish I had a tenner on it!

7 hours ago, Andy Pirlo said:

Btw no one in here is ITK…savage was keeping his cards very close to his chest, happy to answer on players we have been linked with but wouldn’t give anything away on whether we are looking to get players in. He seemed very annoyed with rumours & our name being linked to players by agents. His words “Do not believe anything linking us to players in social media” it will

be quality in or we stay as we are. Tbh I was happy when he said national League isn’t good enough for us…good enough for me. Also said we are hoping to extend Haring’s contract 👍🏼

Couple of good insights/ titbits there Andy👍

As I previously mentioned, we have a 1st class striker signed (not sure who) but likely to be announced next week as a tonic to JS going to Sevco. 

1 minute ago, FFSJohn said:

As I previously mentioned, we have a 1st class striker signed (not sure who) but likely to be announced next week as a tonic to JS going to Sevco. 

You did say that. We didn’t fill our bench on Tuesday or yesterday which makes me think we don’t have a striker signed as yet. I don’t think we’d go into two games short of cover for the sake of controlling media releases and turning a bad news day into a good one. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You did say that. We didn’t fill our bench on Tuesday or yesterday which makes me think we don’t have a striker signed as yet. I don’t think we’d go into two games short of cover for the sake of controlling media releases and turning a bad news day into a good one. 

Maybe work permit/visa issues?

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Maybe work permit/visa issues?

Thats the way I would see it if we have a player signed but not announced yet.

The way I see next week going is we have 4 days to make any announcements of incomings or outgoings. I don’t expect any announcement on a game day, as it’s generally not a done thing. With nothing at all in the media yet about incomings would be hard to see anything happen on Monday in that regard. So will be interesting to see how Tuesday, Thursday and Friday pan out in particular.

mickycameron98
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The way I see next week going is we have 4 days to make any announcements of incomings or outgoings. I don’t expect any announcement on a game day, as it’s generally not a done thing. With nothing at all in the media yet about incomings would be hard to see anything happen on Monday in that regard. So will be interesting to see how Tuesday, Thursday and Friday pan out in particular.

Monday the 31st could be the busiest day. Who knows

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal