** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

8 hours ago, Andy Pirlo said:

Sat right in front of Joe Savage & Big Jig (before jig moved at KO) at the Talbot game…Jig says we are after more than £500k from Rangers. Savage said we were never in for Oshaniwa or the boy from chesterfield, said it is agents trying to get interest in their players and just using our name. His words were “national league, not good enough for Hearts” the feeling I got from him is we will not sign anyone unless they will really improve us, we will not just bring anyone in. Can see us using Gino as the 2nd striker & keep Henderson here. Savage btw…top man & was shouting the team on all game 👍🏼

Where were you sitting? 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You did say that. We didn’t fill our bench on Tuesday or yesterday which makes me think we don’t have a striker signed as yet. I don’t think we’d go into two games short of cover for the sake of controlling media releases and turning a bad news day into a good one. 

Time will tell!

5 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

Monday the 31st could be the busiest day. Who knows

Although I’m always a wee disappointed if we don’t do business on deadline day, I’d rather not. I’d rather we have things done and dusted by and large by then. Last deadline day shows how we can potentially miss out.

10 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Roger Arnott has also left the club 

is this deemed as good news? From memory a few of the folk on here thought he was holding the development of players back and was generally no good?

8 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

is this deemed as good news? From memory a few of the folk on here thought he was holding the development of players back and was generally no good?

He's been in the role for 7 years and although he inherited a mess you would've expected more to have come through 

12 minutes ago, sprinbox98 said:

2 minutes ago, bazman said:

He's been in the role for 7 years and although he inherited a mess you would've expected more to have come through 

A Levein leftover. The quicker all his "senior" staff are cleared out the better if you ask me. 

21 hours ago, OTT said:

I think we might be able to pick up an older Keeper like Jamie MacDonald who may be content to play back up. Especially if they're given a run out in the cups for example. 

We will be giving no back up keeper any kind of game time unless Gordon is injured, including in early rounds of any cups. Gordon wants to play as many matches in a row as possible and unless he ends up injured or suspended, he will play no matter the competition or opposition.

As for the discussion on Halliday, he's a very useful squad player for this level and is extremely popular within our squad. Showing someone like him the door would do more harm than good, imo.

Jack Torrance
11 hours ago, south morocco said:

Junior mendes joins as a sports scientist from St Mirren . Apologies  if old news supposedly a good appointment behind the scenes 

You should've just said Junior Mendes had signed and left it at that. Then sat back and admired the carnage unfolding 😄

10 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

We will be giving no back up keeper any kind of game time unless Gordon is injured, including in early rounds of any cups. Gordon wants to play as many matches in a row as possible and unless he ends up injured or suspended, he will play no matter the competition or opposition.

As for the discussion on Halliday, he's a very useful squad player for this level and is extremely popular within our squad. Showing someone like him the door would do more harm than good, imo.

Yeah, my fear is that if circumstances occur where our back up keeper has to play, I'd rather we went with an auld heid thats been around the block enough times. Livi's third choice keeper aint it, no matter how you want to look at it. I think most keepers 30+ in the championship would love to join us. Colin Doyle for example looked really good on paper and we signed him around the same time as Bobby, so we can actually get a good on paper back up keeper. I'm sure Cheesy is a good laddie etc. but I think someone with a bit more experience would serve us better.

On Halliday, we can agree to disagree. I'm sure he's popular with the squad but that's not a reason to keep him. With his age I'd be expecting him to play a much more leading role than he currently is. Don Cowie for me is the benchmark on what you want to see from an experienced player. 

On 21/01/2022 at 22:29, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I suggested him the other day and some laughed saying he isn’t good enough 😂

To be fair you say a lot of things that make people laugh and say it isn't good enough, it was probably just part of the flow.

Personally, I don't think he's good enough

On 21/01/2022 at 22:29, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I suggested him the other day and some laughed saying he isn’t good enough 😂

To be fair you say a lot of things that make people laugh and say it isn't good enough, it was probably just part of the flow.

Personally, I don't think he's good enough

SomethingAboutObua

Roger Arnott going has to be up there with John Murray retiring in good news. Don't understand how a guy whose main experience was organising after school clubs in Fife was chosen as our head of youth 

We can't sign a quality striker in our price range if there isn't one available and even if there is he's got to want to come here.

From what I can see Savage won't be held to ransom because of time constraints, if the quality required isn't available this window we will wait till the Summer. 

9 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

He’s maybe better than Stewart but he’s not been good enough to get a game for partick and has been punted back out on loan to a team lower down the leagues to get a game. Neither Stewart or stone is good enough just now to cover for gordon if the worst was to happen. 

Let's face it. If Gordon gets injured we're screwed 🙄

3 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Let's face it. If Gordon gets injured we're screwed 🙄

What a load of shite :lol:

Of course losing a top player would be a blow, but in no way would we be screwed. 

Hibs on the other hand are screwed now that Boyle is away :)

1 minute ago, DG_HMFC said:

Of course losing a top player would be a blow, but in no way would we be screwed. 

Boyle is their last good player to go. They’ve lost some decent players over the last few years and replaced them with guff. They are absolutely ****ed imo. 

27 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

I have a player who would be in our price range knows Scottish football scored 5 goals Yesterday he’s Scottish to Andrew Dallas. 

Spill the beans, just made my hangover 5x worse trying to decipher this.

lost in space
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Boyle is their last good player to go. They’ve lost some decent players over the last few years and replaced them with guff. They are absolutely ****ed imo. 

Not sure that Boyle was last good player. I watched game v Cove and thought that Cadden, Doig and the new guy Mueller were decent. Also keeper (Macey?) looks good. The next best player was Stevenson (IMO) which shows what the rest of them are like. I did think the big CF looked ok before but he was very poor v Cove. 

They have £3M to spend - unless Ron "invests" it.  They could buy some talent with that (eg McGrath).

They are well behind us and unless they sign at least 3 players, I doubt they will make 4th.

10 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

andrew dallas scored 5 yesterday for solihull moors

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Not sure that Boyle was last good player. I watched game v Cove and thought that Cadden, Doig and the new guy Mueller were decent. Also keeper (Macey?) looks good. The next best player was Stevenson (IMO) which shows what the rest of them are like. I did think the big CF looked ok before but he was very poor v Cove. 

They have £3M to spend - unless Ron "invests" it.  They could buy some talent with that (eg McGrath).

They are well behind us and unless they sign at least 3 players, I doubt they will make 4th.

Doig seems seriously inconsistent and prone to errors. Cadden is definitely an ok players but not the kind of guy who will make the difference to finishing top 6 or not. Mueller looked ok. Not saying they don’t have some ok players for spl standard but for a team that had McGeough, McGinn and Allan in midfield a few seasons ago they haven’t half slipped down in standard. From what I seen last season, Boyle was the difference between them finishing in a European spot or finishing around 6th-8th place. Not seen anything this season to change my mind. 

8 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Decent against a league one side that took them to extra time. 

:gok: 

17 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Andrew Dallas that’s his name look him up 

jambo-in-furness

Has Georgie Kelly signed for anyone yet?   last I heard he had turned down Bradford and was talking to a club, supposedly Rotherham but not confirmed.

Just a feeling I have, nothing more.

Fxxx the SPFL
9 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

andrew dallas scored 5 yesterday for solihull moors

Aye against Dover bottom of the league shipping goals for fun decent effort though 

Just now, **** the SPFL said:

Aye against Dover bottom of the league shipping goals for fun decent effort though 

yep, we should be looking at better than the national league

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep, we should be looking at better than the national league

Okay il give you that but I think there is talent in that national league look at Jamie vardy for Leicester I just feel worth scouting at lower leagues in England for players maybe with a sell on if they are good plus be players in our price range 

Just now, euan 10 said:

Okay il give you that but I think there is talent in that national league look at Jamie vardy for Leicester I just feel worth scouting at lower leagues in England for players maybe with a sell on if they are good plus be players in our price range 

Jamie Vardy was an anomaly. 

3 minutes ago, euan 10 said:

he has 8 goals in 22 this season that is artificially inflated due to the 5 in one game

39 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

he has 8 goals in 22 this season that is artificially inflated due to the 5 in one game

Yep. Folks heids are still stuck in the Levein/Cathro era where we were signing diddies from the lower leagues. We've moved on. I never want to hear about another Scottish League 1 player or English non league shite again. We're miles above that ffs. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yep. Folks heids are still stuck in the Levein/Cathro era where we were signing diddies from the lower leagues. We've moved on. I never want to hear about another Scottish League 1 player or English non league shite again. We're miles above that ffs. 

Indeed.  Cole Stockton is clear proof how poor the standard down there is.  Even as high as tier 3.

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

100%

Sick of hearing about players miles below our level

Just now, sandylejambo said:

I pressed the wrongWhen does the St N

I pressed the wrong one again. I was thinking of St Johnson’s keeper  he might be available if they go down

3 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

I pressed the wrong one again. I was thinking of St Johnson’s keeper  he might be available if they go down

In pre contract talks with Aberdeen 

1 hour ago, DG_HMFC said:

I respect your right to disagree and to be wrong. That's what these forums are for. Voicing our views. I assume you're a grown up so let's keep it civil. 👍

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

What makes you think they have £3m to spend? 

29 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we're ever going to do a Leicester we need to find those hidden gems in unexpected places. Kante and Vardy were integral to that one off season. What level did they come from?

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If we're ever going to do a Leicester we need to find those hidden gems in unexpected places. Kante and Vardy were integral to that one off season. What level did they come from?

Ohh the old but but.... Jamie Vardy. :vrface:

Cannae believe how often that old chestnut gets chatted about.

That was one guy from literally thousands upon thousands of non-league players in decades that slipped the net as a youngster and was spotted later on in his senior career. I'm sure Leicester paid a million quid for him as well. The last one before him was probably Ian Wright in 1985 ffs.

We might find a 16-19 year old playing non league who has the ability to reach the top but English scouts are all over that league and if they are deemed good enough at that age they will be snapped up by clubs further up the food chain.

Players that are in their early to mid 20's at that level are generally playing there because they're not good enough. Some might get to League 1 or the SPL later on working their way through smaller clubs but we're highly unlikely to find someone of Vardy's calibre that has been missed by EPL and Championship clubs. 

We've signed quite a few players who came from non league to League 2 in England or smaller clubs in Scotland and not one of them has been even close to good enough. Stockton, Frear, Roberts.....pish.

Kante and Mahrez on the other hand were playing French Ligue 1 and 2 when they were spotted by Lee Congerton. 

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

N’golo Kante had signed from a Ligue 1 team after playing a season in that division and before Jamie Vardy won the league with Leicester he had two seasons in the Championship and a full season in the Premier League behind him. Not sure what your point is here.

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

N’golo Kante had signed from a Ligue 1 team after playing a season in that division and before Jamie Vardy won the league with Leicester he had two seasons in the Championship and a full season in the Premier League behind him. Not sure what your point is here.

Where did the Ligue 1 and Championship clubs find them?

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Ohh the old but but.... Jamie Vardy. :vrface:

Cannae believe how often that old chestnut gets chatted about.

That was one guy from literally thousands upon thousands of non-league players in decades that slipped the net as a youngster and was spotted later on in his senior career. I'm sure Leicester paid a million quid for him as well. The last one before him was probably Ian Wright in 1985 ffs.

We might find a 16-19 year old playing non league who has the ability to reach the top but English scouts are all over that league and if they are deemed good enough at that age they will be snapped up by clubs further up the food chain.

Players that are in their early to mid 20's at that level are generally playing there because they're not good enough. Some might get to League 1 or the SPL later on working their way through smaller clubs but we're highly unlikely to find someone of Vardy's calibre that has been missed by EPL and Championship clubs. 

We've signed quite a few players who came from non league to League 2 in England or smaller clubs in Scotland and not one of them has been even close to good enough. Stockton, Frear, Roberts.....pish.

Kante and Mahrez on the other hand were playing French Ligue 1 and 2 when they were spotted by Lee Congerton. 

Without exploring these markets or producing an exceptional crop of academy players then 3rd place and a trip to Hamdpen is our lot. Unless you have a better suggestion?

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
41 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What makes you think they have £3m to spend? 

That's the reported Boyle fee.  But it'll all be going to the Bank of Ron.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Without exploring these markets or producing an exceptional crop of academy players then 3rd place and a trip to Hamdpen is our lot. Unless you have a better suggestion?

We are exploring different markets. We've just signed three young guys from an EPL reserve sides and the A-League. All that look like hidden gems to me. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

caen were in ligue 2 when they signed kante, they got promoted then leceister signed him

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

caen were in ligue 2 when they signed kante, they got promoted then leceister signed him

Where did Caen find him? That's the point.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We are exploring different markets. We've just signed three young guys from an EPL reserve sides and the A-League. All that look like hidden gems to me. 

We need to explore every avenue though. Just because National League gambles haven't paid off in the past doesn't mean we should shut that door completely. I'd trust the current recruitment process to find a gem anywhere. We've had plenty EPL cast offs that have been duds but then Beni has been exceptional. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Ligue 1 side were promoted from Ligue 2 (Caen) and before that he was in a team that got relegated to the league below League 2 the season after making his professional debut. Not an uncommon route for French players to be honest.

Vardy did indeed come from the Conference. But you’re speaking as if he was bought from the conference and they just went on to win the league. He plied his trade in the Championship first for two seasons and then got promoted to the Premier League where they survived relegation very late on, before having that incredible title winning season. Where he was certainly not alone in the reasons why they won.

No one is denying there could be gems in the lower leagues, people are just saying they are rare as hell and 99.9% of the time you’ll sign a dud. To use Vardy as an argument is useless unless you can name many others. So far you’ve only named Kante, that quite frankly doesn’t fall into the same category. Playing in the French 3rd tier after only playing one game in your career at a very young age is nowhere near the same as the English 5th tier into your mid-20’s. Vardy is the exception, as there is no rule.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal