** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’d be astonished if we signed a midfielder this window. 

Probably just agents stirring up noise to generate interest.   Savage seems to run such a tight ship that it’s unlikely to be anything else.  

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Probably just agents stirring up noise to generate interest.   Savage seems to run such a tight ship that it’s unlikely to be anything else.  

More than likely. For the type of player I think we are after, he’s the wrong age and wrong position so not that credible a story. 

5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Is Woodburn available for Wednesday?

Should be available.    9 subs.    He's got to be on the bench.   Boyce, Gino, Mckay are first in the que.   

Fitzroy Pointon
24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s only 25 😆, it was the current Brechin DoF that was after him. 

Ah right. 

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

I don't think agents are passing on stuff like that for guys to tweet out to their 5 followers. More likely to be completely made up for Twitter clout.

11 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Should be available.    9 subs.    He's got to be on the bench.   Boyce, Gino, Mckay are first in the que.   

Covid free then.

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I don't think agents are passing on stuff like that for guys to tweet out to their 5 followers. More likely to be completely made up for Twitter clout.

Stopped reading the tweet when he gave us a lower case h.

Wonder if the Yank in charge at the wee team will s punk some of the windfall

Or bank it and say see what what pans out in the summer 

As having 5k at home games is a worry and needs addressed 

FTH

Edited by Drew Wallace

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That Williams from Portsmouth is a lot of pish. Another case of agents using our name to stoke up interest in their player me thinks. 

Totally. 

maybe Aberdeen sniffed about and they’ve leaked our name so they Hibs it. 

Edited by CMc

12 minutes ago, Drew Wallace said:

Wonder if the Yank in charge at the wee team will s punk some of the windfall

Or bank it and say see what what pans out in the summer 

As having 5k at home games is a worry and needs addressed 

FTH

Probably knew Boyle was going and spent most of what he’s spending already. Not kept up with their signings but must be about 5-6 in. Wage bill bound to have gone up a fair bit. 

39 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Yeah, I suspect you are right.   If it's coming from journalists or so called journalists is probably agents creating noise and if it's from random twitter accounts it's probably individual attention seekers!   The least likely is that it's credible and accurate as Savage seems to have tightened up on any leaks - which makes this place in transfer window time a mare 😂

2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

This would be nothing short of bizarre 😂

I'd rather keep Halliday another year than get this absolute huddy in. Load of shite 😂

Edited by Batistuta87

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Yeah, I suspect you are right.   If it's coming from journalists or so called journalists is probably agents creating noise and if it's from random twitter accounts it's probably individual attention seekers!   The least likely is that it's credible and accurate as Savage seems to have tightened up on any leaks - which makes this place in transfer window time a mare 😂

Wouldn’t be too much of a mare if he just spaced the signings out a little, leaving everything to the last week sends us into a downward spiral!

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wouldn’t be too much of a mare if he just spaced the signings out a little, leaving everything to the last week sends us into a downward spiral!

Savage oot!    Agree - he has a lot to answer for as this place gradually descends into carnage and we all go slightly mad!  Hopefully we can all make it through the next week - helped by a new striker being announced soon....that would help!

5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Savage oot!    Agree - he has a lot to answer for as this place gradually descends into carnage and we all go slightly mad!  Hopefully we can all make it through the next week - helped by a new striker being announced soon....that would help!

I think a few of us would be overwhelmed to be honest

14 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This would be nothing short of bizarre 😂

I'd rather keep Halliday another year than get this absolute huddy in. Load of shite 😂

@kylemabon33

"Upcoming Journalist, I mostly cover Scottish football, motherwell daft" 

8 followers. 

Seems legit. 

I am wondering if we are close to getting Cochrane signed up or if a non-starter. He seems to be enjoying himself up here and hopefully the carrot of europe will help. 

4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

@kylemabon33

"Upcoming Journalist, I mostly cover Scottish football, motherwell daft" 

8 followers. 

Seems legit. 

8 followers haha. Some credentials. I've got more than that and have literally never posted a thing on Twitter. 

Edited by Batistuta87

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

I am wondering if we are close to getting Cochrane signed up or if a non-starter. He seems to be enjoying himself up here and hopefully the carrot of europe will help. 

He was quite coy on it at the start of the season, saying he wanted to wait and see what Brighton had to offer. Been in the press more recently though saying he's really enjoying it here and would be open to staying. I'd love to keep him. 

Wouldn't mind Moore too. I know he's got a year left at Bristol but doesn't sound like he features in their plans and think they could be convinced to sell for the sort of fee that would see us have some change from whatever we get for Souttar. 

12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He was quite coy on it at the start of the season, saying he wanted to wait and see what Brighton had to offer. Been in the press more recently though saying he's really enjoying it here and would be open to staying. I'd love to keep him. 

Wouldn't mind Moore too. I know he's got a year left at Bristol but doesn't sound like he features in their plans and think they could be convinced to sell for the sort of fee that would see us have some change from whatever we get for Souttar. 

I would hope to keep Cochrane. Moore still has a bit to prove and should get a shot in the absence of Souttar.

10 minutes ago, Rods said:

I would hope to keep Cochrane. Moore still has a bit to prove and should get a shot in the absence of Souttar.

Yep. Not seen much of Moore in his favoured CB position. When he has played there he’s done well.

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, briever said:

If Cochrane is out of contract in the summer surely it wouldn't take much to keep him at Tynie?

Only things I can see stopping it is Brighton believing he has a future with them. Or even if they offer a token basic contract we’d owe them compensation due to his age.

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Only things I can see stopping it is Brighton believing he has a future with them. Or even if they offer a token basic contract we’d owe them compensation due to his age.

Compensation isn’t as much cross border through is it? That not how Celtic managed to get Dembélé? 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Relax, it's all going to kick off for us starting tomorrow.

Would love that to be the case but I reckon it wont be till the end of the week at least (unless your post was an ITK hint.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

Compensation isn’t as much cross border through is it? That not how Celtic managed to get Dembélé? 

No, not much at all. Could be nothing if Brighton are honourable to their player if they have no plans for him. But I think we’d have to wait until after June 1st to offer anything for that to be the case, as I think they can be offered a contract up to the last month of their existing one. Or that might just be the point the clubs generally officially set players for release. Clubs can technically set players for release at any point during their last year of contract.

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If Brighton don't see him as EPL standard and Alex wants to stay here, I could see us agreeing a sell on clause or something to secure his transfer. 

18 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

Cochrane would be a cracking signing if we can make it happen permanently

Pretty sure we've been hearing this all month!? 😂

27 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

Keeping Cochrane would be a fantastic slice of business from the club. 

Correct he is an ideal pizza the puzzle 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If Brighton don't see him as EPL standard and Alex wants to stay here, I could see us agreeing a sell on clause or something to secure his transfer. 

Definitely. And I hope it happens too. He’s an excellent prospect who can play a few positions and is still young enough that if we have to rotate and he doesn’t play a few games he’ll still be happy enough (if we buy a first team LWB). AND he’s got sell on value.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

For £500k. 

Not in ITK, but Ryan Hardie looked useful from the Plymouth highlights I've seen this season. Really mobile striker in terms of movement in the channels, good age and scoring record. Been linked to Preston recently 

10 hours ago, FFSJohn said:

As I previously mentioned, we have a 1st class striker signed (not sure who) but likely to be announced next week as a tonic to JS going to Sevco. 

Yep, it sounds totally legit that we've signed a 1st class striker but have decided we don't want to announce them or, say, have them training with the squad, playing in matches, etc, because we've decided goals and stuff like that are less useful to us than cheering the fans up a wee bit at the news that John Souttar is going to sevco a few months early.  

That definitely seems 100% believable to me.

14 minutes ago, Renoir said:

Not in ITK, but Ryan Hardie looked useful from the Plymouth highlights I've seen this season. Really mobile striker in terms of movement in the channels, good age and scoring record. Been linked to Preston recently 

1 in 4 record at League One in England level doesn’t sound like someone we’d go for under the current recruitment team

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Instead of? 

Celtic paid £500k for a Championship player that was out of contract. English clubs were quoted more, another anomaly like the pre contract system.

I think the figures we got for Paterson or Walker are what cross border payments are, Cochrane would cost us £400k if they offer him a new contract. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

8 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Has Georgie Kelly signed for anyone yet?   last I heard he had turned down Bradford and was talking to a club, supposedly Rotherham but not confirmed.

Just a feeling I have, nothing more.

Great scoring record, and we know Savage likes to look at the Irish market so would imagine he's aware of him

Interesting one

6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Precisely!!!

I suggested this previously and was shot down with the logic that this 'keeper wouldn't wish to 'warm the bench'.

But, could we not match St J's wages for a sound 'keeper as a back up? Gordon is class, but cannae go on for ever.

Apart from anything else, Zander Clark must be wondering where his future lies.

He's (in my opinion) been their standout player. Surely a move to a resurgent Hearts is more alluring than sticking with the sinking ship that is St J?

We could easily match St Johnstone's wages for Zander Clark, but that wouldn't get him to sign for us. He's leaving them in the summer (if not this month) and will be signing elsewhere (Aberdeen seem front runners) for a lot more than he's on just now. We probably can't justify paying the wages he'll be after for him to then sit on our bench all the time, and he's not going to want to sit on the bench all the time anyway, so he'll have little interest in coming to us. If Gordon was a couple of years older, he'd probably be a target to take over from Gordon as first choice, but happily, Gordon isn't a couple of years older! 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal