** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sorry dude, hadn't had my coffee.

Did think it was unusual - you moaning about rumours :D 

:horse:

I’ll never dispute I’m a moaning **** at the best of times… :wink:

But that post was tongue in cheek, but we have to admit some of the rumours go get a bit mad. The last sentence was genuine though, I do wonder if we’re in for more of the same or with two weeks to ago we’ll start hearing things more concrete.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Any signing will have twists and turns. Players will be discussed and some sounded out. Just because a player does not sign, does not mean that they were not a possible target, and the rumour was lies. But take information posted here, how you wish, it may be true and some of it will be rubbish. Also agents will promote events to get a better deal for their client. And have a look at the source of the rumour, is it a new joiner who has never contributed to JKB, never been seen before but racks up a stack of posts in a few days..... well they might not be the most reliable.

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ll never dispute I’m a moaning **** at the best of times… :wink:

But that post was tongue in cheek, but we have to admit some of the rumours go get a bit mad. The last sentence was genuine though, I do wonder if we’re in for more of the same or with two weeks to ago we’ll start hearing things more concrete.

Yeah its been a while since we had anything with any substance so would be nice to get something soon. Even with the tighter ship they're running now, we are getting snippets and stories before the club confirms them. Pretty sure the Atkinson deal had a few Tweets and stories before it was official. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah its been a while since we had anything with any substance so would be nice to get something soon. Even with the tighter ship they're running now, we are getting snippets and stories before the club confirms them. Pretty sure the Atkinson deal had a few Tweets and stories before it was official. 

Yeah, others have pointed out like with Atkinson, Devlin, Baningime etc the deals usually have tweets or articles within a day or two of happening and usually sourced from local media of the selling club. I do appreciate the tight ship as it helps us get some great players, but window shuts two weeks today. At some point we have to hope for something more concrete.

2 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Any signing will have twists and turns. Players will be discussed and some sounded out. Just because a player does not sign, does not mean that they were not a possible target, and the rumour was lies. But take information posted here, how you wish, it may be true and some of it will be rubbish. Also agents will promote events to get a better deal for their client. And have a look at the source of the rumour, is it a new joiner who has never contributed to JKB, never been seen before but racks up a stack of posts in a few days..... well they might not be the most reliable.

100%

Watch "Sunderland Til I Die" for even the vaguest of insights into transfer dealings. Things can change in a heartbeat. Sometimes deals get over the line, sometimes they don't. Sometimes players who are signed were 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th choice. Sometimes a club will be working on a player and suddenly they get wind that someone better is available so they change their focus. Sometimes clubs will receive approaches from agents, offering players x, y and z.... Its a full time job, which is why we have two or three guys doing it!  

15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Even then I'm sure most of the stories about Atkinson were because he was mentioned by Devlin and McGowan on the scarves around the funnel podcast

Francis Albert
10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Man, we need some legitimate news sometime soon, because rumours are getting wild and all over the joint.

One moment we’re in for someone from the Far East, then we’re after someone from the English non league, <we interrupt this collation to interject that we should sign a player that has already played for two clubs this season>, then we’re after players on at least a 5 figure sum per week apparently, then we’re after some random guy from Georgia playing in Kazakhstan <interjected comment from someone saying we should go for player plying their trade in the Scottish Championship to varying degrees of success>, then we’re after Stuart Findlay - again - now someone starts posting YouTube videos of random names generated from a Football Manager scouting report on their laptop…

Savage is immense at keeping things under wraps. But it’s evident we’ve all gone a bit mad. And to be fair, we just have two weeks of the window left, are we in for a mad fortnight of rumours or are we in for a busy fortnight of activity I wonder?

A good summing up of  transfer window fever which seems particularly virulent this year.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Ribble said:

Even then I'm sure most of the stories about Atkinson were because he was mentioned by Devlin and McGowan on the scarves around the funnel podcast

Atkinson was as you say mentioned on the SATF podcast. And every so often someone would suggest we should sign him. But the first time it was mentioned that we were in for him was a post on here by someone asking if anyone has heard we are after a Australian right back. Then a few hours later, the Daily Express reports we are signing Atkinson.

55 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not complaining. I have myself posted a video in the last few days regarding one of the said rumours. My post was firmly tongue in cheek and was a wee bit of a joke.

And the last time you seen that anywhere was? Would just love to see what your definition of “constant” is.

Where/when I last saw it is irrelevant.   It featured in nearly every post you made during the last window. 

4 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Aye, someone said a while back that Devlin had been raving about a full back he'd played with at the Olympics. I'm talking not long after he signed... I looked into it at the time and hadn't heard of any of the lads in the squad - most of them were still breaking into the first teams in Oz. Atkinson was one of them and I'd heard of him but thought he was going to have have much bigger teams after him, so it was a pleasant surprise to see his name in the papers.

Hammerofthehibs
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Agree, we do seem to be setting the bar higher than before with signings and that's no bad thing. Hopefully we can pull them off, the lure of living in Edinburgh over Hull surely must have some appeal! Good we are thinking outside the box a little as well, rather than the usual merry go round in Scotland. We seem to do some proper due diligence on signings these days which can only bode well. Pretty confident by the end of the month we will have a striker in the door. 

We can now dangle the carrot of European football. A lot of these English clubs can’t do that

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Where/when I last saw it is irrelevant.   It featured in nearly every post you made during the last window. 

The last window… So up until the end of August 2021. So we’re now in January 2022 and posts from 4 months ago constitute as constant to you? You know when people pull you up for moaning for the sake of moaning? It’s “pish” like this that does it for you mate. Almost as if your constant moaning and constant need for arguments is constantly getting on people’s nerves. 

12 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

We can now dangle the carrot of European football. A lot of these English clubs can’t do that

I know what your saying but teams in the English Championship will still more often than not gazump us on wages. Big factor might come down to the mind set of the player and what he wants out of his next move. We have seen the likes of Beni and Moore come to Hearts over English teams so hopefully it happens more often. 

Fxxx the SPFL
19 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

as long as we don't draw a team of Maltese waiters again :whistling:

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

The last window… So up until the end of August 2021. So we’re now in January 2022 and posts from 4 months ago constitute as constant to you? You know when people pull you up for moaning for the sake of moaning? It’s “pish” like this that does it for you mate. Almost as if your constant moaning and constant need for arguments is constantly getting on people’s nerves. 

It was the idea of you pulling people up for rumours, some of which at least had an outside chance of being correct.  Your whelms didn't even have an outside chance of being funny but you ploughed on mercilessly.

17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It was the idea of you pulling people up for rumours, some of which at least had an outside chance of being correct.  Your whelms didn't even have an outside chance of being funny but you ploughed on mercilessly.

Have to make your own fun sometimes champ. Except others joined in. Some PM’d me about, others took on the joke in the thread themselves. There was a point I refrained from saying anything at all, yet it continued day by day by others. But I get it, you and others hated it. You made the point of telling me you hated it. So you see this window? It hasn’t happened (despite suggestions from others to do so). I suggest when people constantly suggest that maybe you lighten up and stop acting like an old man shouting at a cloud that you would take heed too.

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Man, we need some legitimate news sometime soon, because rumours are getting wild and all over the joint.

One moment we’re in for someone from the Far East, then we’re after someone from the English non league, <we interrupt this collation to interject that we should sign a player that has already played for two clubs this season>, then we’re after players on at least a 5 figure sum per week apparently, then we’re after some random guy from Georgia playing in Kazakhstan <interjected comment from someone saying we should go for player plying their trade in the Scottish Championship to varying degrees of success>, then we’re after Stuart Findlay - again - now someone starts posting YouTube videos of random names generated from a Football Manager scouting report on their laptop…

Savage is immense at keeping things under wraps. But it’s evident we’ve all gone a bit mad. And to be fair, we just have two weeks of the window left, are we in for a mad fortnight of rumours or are we in for a busy fortnight of activity I wonder?

You missed 

Guy approaching 40 recently released from near rival

Racist, suspected sex offender ex-Hibs player that couldn't cut it at Dundee 

Guy who played up front at Hearts as some point.

Guy who supports Hearts.

20 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

You missed 

Guy approaching 40 recently released from near rival

Racist, suspected sex offender ex-Hibs player that couldn't cut it at Dundee 

Guy who played up front at Hearts as some point.

Guy who supports Hearts.

I'm pretty whelmed by that list. 

Wonder if it might be worth enquiring about Jason Kerr, former St Johnstone captain, who signed for Wigan in the summer but who hasn't been playing? Certainly always seemed to be highly thought of whilst playing for Saints.

scott herbertson
26 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Wonder if it might be worth enquiring about Jason Kerr, former St Johnstone captain, who signed for Wigan in the summer but who hasn't been playing? Certainly always seemed to be highly thought of whilst playing for Saints.

Th=ought the same yesterday and looked him up but I think he has been out injured and has been back only recently, came off the bench in their last match

Looking very much like we are struggling to convince the players we want to make the move or convince their clubs to sell. 17 days into the window and after months of scouring the stats we have done very little to improve the squad. 
Worrying to say the least, particularly if Boyce picks up an injury. 

33 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

They are looking good for promotion so I doubt he would want to leave and I don’t think they would let him.  Has been injured recently. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Looking very much like we are struggling to convince the players we want to make the move or convince their clubs to sell. 17 days into the window and after months of scouring the stats we have done very little to improve the squad. 

Ye of little faith.

Plenty of time yet :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Th=ought the same yesterday and looked him up but I think he has been out injured and has been back only recently, came off the bench in their last match

Don't think he was playing much when fit at the start of the season either Scott, he might be on Hearts radar already if he's available.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Says who? We had this exact topic in the summer and came out the window looking not too bad

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Stop pantwetting and speculating.

Plenty time yet. 

I am not ITK or claiming this is happening but after the press article linking us to their striker I thought I’d ask a mate. He is a long term Chesterfield fan, he lives down the road from me, and he thinks £500k plus add-ons might do it. Also worth considering that Gnanduillet used to play for them too.

Potential makeweight in a player plus cash deal?

Interesting thought anyway

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have to make your own fun sometimes champ. Except others joined in. Some PM’d me about, others took on the joke in the thread themselves. There was a point I refrained from saying anything at all, yet it continued day by day by others. But I get it, you and others hated it. You made the point of telling me you hated it. So you see this window? It hasn’t happened (despite suggestions from others to do so). I suggest when people constantly suggest that maybe you lighten up and stop acting like an old man shouting at a cloud that you would take heed too.

But you don't like people who post rumours making their own fun.  Stop acting like a spoiled primary school child.

What joke?  Irritation written all over it!

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

They are looking good for promotion so I doubt he would want to leave and I don’t think they would let him.  Has been injured recently. 

He wasn't playing when fit earlier in the season, he's been in 9 match day squads and has only started 3 times. Not sure what the injury status is, just a thought either way.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jason-kerr/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/340728/wettbewerb/GB3/saison/2021/verein/1071

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It could end up we miss our targets, but the transfer window is one where business is often done towards the end of it as it becomes brinkmanship with players and clubs. Clubs and players may hold out in the hope of a bigger club coming in, but when it gets towards the end of it and options disappear then they are more likely to sell. Its about who blinks first.

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I see where you’re coming from. The positive slant on it is that we’re obviously chasing players with options meaning they’re desirable and so we have competition. Which is a change from Leveins days of quantity over quality. 

It’s frustrating but for the first time in a long time we have competent people in our football department.  

Based on the quality already brought in so far, I’m confident we’ll be in a good place by the end of the window.

19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Any more ITK info?

15 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

I am not ITK or claiming this is happening but after the press article linking us to their striker I thought I’d ask a mate. He is a long term Chesterfield fan, he lives down the road from me, and he thinks £500k plus add-ons might do it. Also worth considering that Gnanduillet used to play for them too.

I don’t really see us spending that kind of money on such a gamble and I doubt they’d knock much of for Armand in the last 6 months of his contract . You can never tell I suppose and looking at his stats/record/level he’s played at etc obviously only explains so much.

25 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

January transfer window not over by 17th January, shock horror. 

27 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just over half way through the transfer window....so in reality , still plenty time to get players in and ship others out..

The way your speaking, we should just give up, shut the doors and go home... that suit your odd agenda  ?

Leveins Battalion

I’m pantwetting.

Sitting 3rd I think it’s always better to strengthen from a position of strength,hope we get the finger out ASAP and get some new players in.

29 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But you don't like people who post rumours making their own fun.  Stop acting like a spoiled primary school child.

What joke?  Irritation written all over it!

08B54E79-886F-41DF-9F47-68F1BF389CC3.jpeg

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It could end up we miss our targets, but the transfer window is one where business is often done towards the end of it as it becomes brinkmanship with players and clubs. Clubs and players may hold out in the hope of a bigger club coming in, but when it gets towards the end of it and options disappear then they are more likely to sell. Its about who blinks first.

The difference in January, is that almost everyone is under contract so the do nothing option is continuing on as normal, not like out of contract players looking for wages to pay the mortgage. 

39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Flappery.

IMO if we sign no one, we're fine.  We're certainly very very far from worrying.

We're going after guys who have other options or whose clubs don't want to lose them.  This isn't like other windows where we just need a player for position X so click on Fifa to see who's guid or phone that agent we ken who got us tickets for that thing that time.

36 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

What did your mate think of him as a player, SM?

Guessing the rumour is just that - a rumour (though the journo who wrote it tends to know his stuff when comes to Hearts)

If we secure European football until Christmas next season it will definitely draw your Beni types in the PL2 to make the jump.

Could be exciting.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

08B54E79-886F-41DF-9F47-68F1BF389CC3.jpeg

It's your head that's in the clouds, mate.

Imagine going to the theatre to see a comedian and he uses the same "whelms joke" 10 or 20 times during the show.  He'll have the audience rolling in the aisles, won't he.  It's so ****ing hilarious!

And BTW the reference to "old man" is against board rules

2 minutes ago, maroon said:

Souttar training today. 
someone with initials ADE A New singing ? Trialist?

Could it be Adele?

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, maroon said:

Souttar training today. 

Ade white is back?

5 minutes ago, maroon said:

Souttar training today. 

ADEbayo Akinfenwa... 

Edited by gorgieheart
Spelling

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal