** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

He needs game time. He didn’t get that at Patrick unfortunately.

Aw totally, just would have preferred that he got it at a higher level than L2 strugglers 👍🏻

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Jambo in Bathgate
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aw totally, just would have preferred that he got it at a higher level than L2 strugglers 👍🏻

👍

11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Goalkeeping is goalkeeping mate, they hit the ball as hard in L2 as they do in the SPL. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 8skacel8 said:

I can't see Joe Savage and Robbie Neilson being overly happy with Barry Ferguson sharing that information to the media. 

Pretty common knowledge we are trying for players, a striker being one. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Goalkeeping is goalkeeping mate, they hit the ball as hard in L2 as they do in the SPL. 

Plus you can hear all the abuse so it will give him a education. 

43 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Hopefully get Haring signed up for at least another year as well. Not too fussed about Halliday - he's done his job for us and is the kind of player who wants to play so can see him maybe going back to Livi.

Would be great to get Cochrane and Moore on permanent deals too, so we're just strengthening bits and pieces in the summer. All depends on their parent clubs' plans though of course. 

Edited by Batistuta87

19 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Hopefully get Haring signed up for at least another year as well. Not too fussed about Halliday - he's done his job for us and is the kind of player who wants to play so can see him maybe going back to Livi.

Would be great to get Cochrane and Moore on permanent deals too, so we're just strengthening bits and pieces in the summer. All depends on their parent clubs' plans though of course. 

I'm still not convinced by Moore. It like to see more of him at right Center Half before we commit to offering any contract.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Interesting 👍🏽

Which bit .

Personally pleased we still have hopes for Henderson . Somebody suggested recently he was going to sign for Alloa !

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

I'm still not convinced by Moore. It like to see more of him at right Center Half before we commit to offering any contract.

I like him. The way he's played at RB makes me think he's the perfect replacement for Souttar as a ball-playing RCB. My guess is that he'd cost something like £250-300k which surely we could afford. Devlin and Atkinson, even McEneff, must have cost around that... 

Edited by Batistuta87

WheatfieldWarrior
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think so. He'll get loads of games and face loads of shots. It'll be good for him. 

Yep, a clean sheet for a shite team is way more impressive than one that is challenging for honors.

At Albion Rover's he'll have about 40% possession by himself. 

Probably best if he carries the ball on and off.

Magic Numbers
7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye... Someone mentioned a Scandanavian who had been at Dundee and he's all we could find. 

Looks rank. 

Would Estonia technically be classed as Scandi given that its pretty much Finlands next door neighbour??

I give you....Henrik Ojamaa??? 

Edited by Magic Numbers

Very much doubt someone at Hearts has told Fergusson our plans, old pals or not, these are professional people ffs. He's probably been told something along the lines of the loan will be relooked at in a few weeks. Doesn't take a genius to work out from that Hearts are looking at bringing players in to play Hendersons position. 

15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If Boyce and Beni’s injuries don’t clear up I’d strongly disagree with you. 

Fair enough, I just don't think worry or words to that effect need used on 17th Jan, when truth be told the squad would be fine without.  Boyce, a miss without a doubt, but Woodburn and Ginnelly have both done very well in games up front, so we have 2 points of cover.

Beni, yup, but Haring and Devlin have been excellent together.  Of course leaves us think but McEneff can play in there, Smith did well in there.  Two points of cover.

Not saying you're quite doing it, but I can't be bothered with the thrashing about that comes with a transfer window.  Especially now when it should be painfully obvious the club will only bring in the players they truly feel are right - no punts - and that's a tougher thing.  If we don't get the players we want, we wait til summer.  I way prefer that approach to Langer, Amakwaa, Sowah and all those nomarks we've ended up with cos the coach simply wanted people in.

PhoenixHearts
4 hours ago, Magic Numbers said:

Would Estonia technically be classed as Scandi given that its pretty much Finlands next door neighbour??

I give you....Henrik Ojamaa??? 

Finland isn't considered part of Scandinavia so I doubt it.

7 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

I like him. The way he's played at RB makes me think he's the perfect replacement for Souttar as a ball-playing RCB. My guess is that he'd cost something like £250-300k which surely we could afford. Devlin and Atkinson, even McEneff, must have cost around that... 

think I like him too but not enough of a sample size as CH yet!!!  My concerns would be aggression level and positioning/concentration.  Not cos I've seen lack of either, but they're jus the traits not been able to gauge personally.

Certainly has all the attributes he needs, doesn't he.  Perhaps just needs a good home for them to flourish!

12 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Very much doubt someone at Hearts has told Fergusson our plans, old pals or not, these are professional people ffs. He's probably been told something along the lines of the loan will be relooked at in a few weeks. Doesn't take a genius to work out from that Hearts are looking at bringing players in to play Hendersons position. 

Yep. It will probably be something like we will look again at the loan later in the window depending on what transfers happen. The assumption Ferguson has made along with media reports is we are after a couple of strikers

5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Finland isn't considered part of Scandinavia so I doubt it.

As far as I'm aware Scandinavia refers to the geographical region, Finland is sometimes included in this. Estonia strictly speaking is not Scandinavian because it's in the Baltic region, however culturally they are similar to other Scandinavian countries and different from other Baltic countries.

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Yep. It will probably be something like we will look again at the loan later in the window depending on what transfers happen. The assumption Ferguson has made along with media reports is we are after a couple of strikers

I  can imagine Hearts said to Ferguson "We know you would like Henderson for the rest of the season, but we need him until we get replacements in and then will send him back, we are hopeful that we will get a couple this week but it may be next week until they come, then Henderson will go back to you." Ferguson has used the when chatting to the press says that two players are coming to Hearts this week rather than Hearts are hopeful two players are coming to Hearts this week.

PhoenixHearts
48 minutes ago, Sertse said:

As far as I'm aware Scandinavia refers to the geographical region, Finland is sometimes included in this. Estonia strictly speaking is not Scandinavian because it's in the Baltic region, however culturally they are similar to other Scandinavian countries and different from other Baltic countries.

Finland I suppose would fall into greater Scandinavian region in a looser sense along with Iceland and Faroes etc but as far as I understand, Scandinavia in it's strictest form means only Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Including Finland with them would be referred to as the "Nordic" countries. 

I think the Scandinavian label is possibly more of a linguistic and cultural thing, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish sharing a heritage and being mutually intelligible whereas Finnish stand on its own.

7 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Finland I suppose would fall into greater Scandinavian region in a looser sense along with Iceland and Faroes etc but as far as I understand, Scandinavia in it's strictest form means only Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Including Finland with them would be referred to as the "Nordic" countries. 

I think the Scandinavian label is possibly more of a linguistic and cultural thing, Danish, Norwegian and Swedish sharing a heritage and being mutually intelligible whereas Finnish stand on its own.

Sounds about right, to the best of my knowledge Finnish people are actually descended in part from Mongolians who travelled to the region thousands of years ago so their language is Finno-Ugric instead of Germanic and it's one of the most difficult languages to learn because it's alien to any Indo-European languages that the majority of languages came from.

Edited by Sertse
Indo-European not Indo-Aryan

12 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think so. He'll get loads of games and face loads of shots. It'll be good for him. 

I'm with you on that. Plenty of action round the Albion Rovers goal will be loads better for Harry Stone than his time at Partick Thistle.

5 minutes ago, Jurek said:

I'm with you on that. Plenty of action round the Albion Rovers goal will be loads better for Harry Stone than his time at Partick Thistle.

He will certainly have to deal with bobbles!

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Shall we clutch at some straws?

To be fair, that its coming from a Japanese football twitter page does give it a little more reason to take the information with more curiousity.

12 hours ago, bmeikle said:

Tell you what, Barry Fergusonreally is a ****ing gobshoite, I'd stop talking to him ASAP with regards to our business dealings and that would include the further loans of our young players,

If he is just going to leak shit to the press, including advice on how Rangers can swindle us out of 6 figure sums

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/john-souttars-rangers-transfer-fee-22782397

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Fair enough, I just don't think worry or words to that effect need used on 17th Jan, when truth be told the squad would be fine without.  Boyce, a miss without a doubt, but Woodburn and Ginnelly have both done very well in games up front, so we have 2 points of cover.

Beni, yup, but Haring and Devlin have been excellent together.  Of course leaves us think but McEneff can play in there, Smith did well in there.  Two points of cover.

Not saying you're quite doing it, but I can't be bothered with the thrashing about that comes with a transfer window.  Especially now when it should be painfully obvious the club will only bring in the players they truly feel are right - no punts - and that's a tougher thing.  If we don't get the players we want, we wait til summer.  I way prefer that approach to Langer, Amakwaa, Sowah and all those nomarks we've ended up with cos the coach simply wanted people in.

Must admit, I was thrashing about in the summer window for the most part, but although I feel we need signings and would like to see them I’m with you in regards to lack of panic right now. And like others have said, it’s about the right players, getting quality rather than quantity.

Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Anyone know the situation with Jamie McGrath from St Mirren? Would love to see him sign for us

Turned down a deal to become Aberdeen's highest paid player. Has interest from and wants to move to the Championship.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Turned down a deal to become Aberdeen's highest paid player. Has interest from and wants to move to the Championship.

i very much doubt they were going to pay him more than broonie 

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sounds like John Souttar.....?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Seen on Hearts Twitter Joe Savage joining Robert Borthwick on Hearts tv for tonights game so hooefully he'll have some news on signings.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, bobskeldon said:

He will certainly have to deal with bobbles!

This Bobbles sounds like a difficult opponent, who does he play for? Have our scouts looked at him 🙂

Would Henderson be available to play for us this evening or is he still registered as an Alloa player, or would it even mean that we couldn't loan him out again?

32 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This Bobbles sounds like a difficult opponent, who does he play for? Have our scouts looked at him 🙂

He is one of 5 bobble brothers who all play for Albion Rovers and their Granda Bobble is the wet sponge man at Cliftonhill. 

jamboinglasgow
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Would Henderson be available to play for us this evening or is he still registered as an Alloa player, or would it even mean that we couldn't loan him out again?

i imagine from what Barry and Robbie said that his registration will go back to Hearts allowing him to play tonight. He can go back to Alloa on loan again even if he plays tonight, he has already played for us this season so can only play for Hearts or Alloa.

All roads lead to Gorgie
32 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

He is one of 5 bobble brothers who all play for Albion Rovers and their Granda Bobble is the wet sponge man at Cliftonhill. 

Sounds similar to the McGinn clan :biggrin:

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Must admit, I was thrashing about in the summer window for the most part, but although I feel we need signings and would like to see them I’m with you in regards to lack of panic right now. And like others have said, it’s about the right players, getting quality rather than quantity.

Absolutely mate.  The summer was a bit different though.  Genuine concern our squad was nowhere near standard.

We now know the squad is fine, and perhaps even moreso, that we have a recruitment team we can trust.

I want signings, like, course I do.  Give me a mental quality Japanese striker right now!  But it's the ganshing of teeth that's just not required.  Hard after the last few years, but let's just trust the club a bit here.

35 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

On a family drive do they all sit on the dash?

7 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely mate.  The summer was a bit different though.  Genuine concern our squad was nowhere near standard.

We now know the squad is fine, and perhaps even moreso, that we have a recruitment team we can trust.

I want signings, like, course I do.  Give me a mental quality Japanese striker right now!  But it's the ganshing of teeth that's just not required.  Hard after the last few years, but let's just trust the club a bit here.

Agreed. Definitely have faith in this recruitment team. It’s good knowing we’re acting like a modern professional outfit rather than the outdated scouting system of old.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Seen on Hearts Twitter Joe Savage joining Robert Borthwick on Hearts tv for tonights game so hooefully he'll have some news on signings.

Don’t imagine he’ll go into detail, he’s been doing things diligently so far and keeping his cards face down.

2 minutes ago, sac said:

Don’t imagine he’ll go into detail, he’s been doing things diligently so far and keeping his cards face down.

No danger he's going to disclose anything. I'm sure he'll just say that we're continuing to work on a couple of things.

Niemi’s gloves
52 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

i imagine from what Barry and Robbie said that his registration will go back to Hearts allowing him to play tonight. He can go back to Alloa on loan again even if he plays tonight, he has already played for us this season so can only play for Hearts or Alloa.

An interesting question is whether Henderson could play for us tonight, go back to Alloa to play in the cup for them on Saturday against Celtic (he can’t play for us in the cup - he’s cup-tied) and then return to play against Celtic again on Wednesday, this time for us in the league before finally returning to Alloa for the rest of the season. I suspect that somewhere buried in the SPFL  or SFA rules is something that says not. 

jamboinglasgow
24 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Would agree. With more transfer windows then things will calm down. As you say the Summer was the worst as it was make or break for the season. Still made to believe that most of our signings came when the league started of after.

This window is about quality replacements for 1 or 2 players, so we can afford to take our time. I would argue if we finish this window with just Atkinson coming in, we have improved on the squad. But its clear the club will be doing everything it can to get quality players in.

If its getting to 10pm on 31st January and there has been no one else coming in, I might be a bit more anxious.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal