** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Naisys Tackle

I reckon we will get a couple of players sent back from loan to EPL clubs at the end of the window.   Clubs in the championship will be looking at making space for new players in the next week. 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

4 minutes ago, maroon said:

Souttar training today. 
someone with initials ADE A New singing ? Trialist?

A POTENTIAL SCOOP!

Let the speculation (googling initials ADE) begin. 

4 minutes ago, maroon said:

Souttar training today. 
someone with initials ADE A New singing ? Trialist?

Players tend to have squad numbers rather than initials. Interesting though. Wonder who it is. 

49 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

I am not ITK or claiming this is happening but after the press article linking us to their striker I thought I’d ask a mate. He is a long term Chesterfield fan, he lives down the road from me, and he thinks £500k plus add-ons might do it. Also worth considering that Gnanduillet used to play for them too.

Potential makeweight in a player plus cash deal?

Interesting thought anyway

On that basis alone we should run in the opposite direction as fast as we can.

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It's your head that's in the clouds, mate.

Imagine going to the theatre to see a comedian and he uses the same "whelms joke" 10 or 20 times during the show.  He'll have the audience rolling in the aisles, won't he.  It's so ****ing hilarious!

And BTW the reference to "old man" is against board rules

dunno. worked ok for Peter 'Garlic Bread' Kaye. 😀

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

BTW it'll be Aidan Denholm who's in our under 18 squad or someone like that.

was about to post that, as there are two players with initals AD (Aidan Denholm and Arron Darge) at Hearts so they will have put the other initial to differentiate between them. Though he is on loan at the moment so wont be playing anytime soon.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Imagine going to the theatre to see a comedian and he uses the same "whelms joke" 10 or 20 times during the show.  He'll have the audience rolling in the aisles, won't he.  It's so ****ing hilarious!

But you don’t come to a Hearts forum for the jokes do you? I’m not a comedian, I never pretended to be. I also noted that people like yourself didn’t like the whelms chat the last window, so I put a stop to it. What more do you want in regards to that? An apology or something? It was something lighthearted to pass the time when no real transfer news was happening… 4 months ago… some liked it, some like yourself had an unhealthy visceral hatred of it. So this window, it stopped. I’ve let that chat go, I suggest you do the same. And before you tell on me to the mods for some perceived ageism, I said your posts were reminiscent of an old man yelling at clouds, a clear reference to a famous joke from The Simpsons as later reflected by the shared image.

Try not to be so sensitive Al, imagine everyone you quoted and cherry picked certain lines of their posts in bold to make some antagonistic point got as riled as you are getting at chat of whelms and clouds?

Naisys Tackle
17 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I refuse to believe that you've ever went to see a comedian. 

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

I’m overwhelmed by the clouds.

Im underwhelmed by comedic value.

I want it noted that there was next to zero chat of whelms until JamboAl brought it back up repeatedly. So if whelms chat makes a return, it’s all down to Al and 100% credit should go to him. :lol:

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I want it noted that there was next to zero chat of whelms until JamboAl brought it back up repeatedly. So if whelms chat makes a return, it’s all down to Al and 100% credit should go to him. :lol:

Yasss - thanks Al, much appreciated mate 

:robboyas:

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Wonder if it might be worth enquiring about Jason Kerr, former St Johnstone captain, who signed for Wigan in the summer but who hasn't been playing? Certainly always seemed to be highly thought of whilst playing for Saints.

Jason is fit. He was injured when he signed for Wigan due to an injury he sustained in the away leg against Galatasaray.

St Johnstone did him no favours by not treating the injury properly.

It was picked up immediately by Wigan during his medical and almost scuppered him signing.

Jason was out for four weeks as a result of the injury.

The team were doing well and couldn't get into the team. That said Jason has played quite a few games now either starting or off the bench.

Depending on the formation the manager plays, determines if Jason starts. Three at the back, he plays, four, he is on the bench.

Bit frustrating for him, he is used to starting every game with St's to not being involved as much due to the four at the back system the manager prefers.

Joe Savage comes in and makes it clear from the get go he wants to operate very confidential business of signing the right players.

Hearts fans panic 2 weeks before the window closes that we've signed no one, and are disturbed by the lack of rumours.

Beautiful.

18Jambo_dave74

Ferguson believes Alloa deserved three points from Queen's Park stalemate | Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser (alloaadvertiser.com)

Ferguson continued: “[Henderson’s] going to go back, that was his last game. They’re just trying to get a couple of players in but he’ll be coming back to us, hopefully he’ll be coming back this week but that depends on Hearts signing players so that’s why I’m going to be busy trying to get players in but I’m not going to bring players in for the sake of it, it needs to be the right players.”

Possibly suggests we may be quite close to making a signing or two if Ferguson is hoping that Henderson may return to Alloa this week. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Ferguson believes Alloa deserved three points from Queen's Park stalemate | Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser (alloaadvertiser.com)

Ferguson continued: “[Henderson’s] going to go back, that was his last game. They’re just trying to get a couple of players in but he’ll be coming back to us, hopefully he’ll be coming back this week but that depends on Hearts signing players so that’s why I’m going to be busy trying to get players in but I’m not going to bring players in for the sake of it, it needs to be the right players.”

Possibly suggests we may be quite close to making a signing or two if Ferguson is hoping that Henderson may return to Alloa this week. 

Well spotted, would imagine it suggests Hendo will be on the bench tomorrow. But one or two posters have suggested that Hearts expect to have a player in this week.

16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Im sure he can get over it 👍

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Don't think he was playing much when fit at the start of the season either Scott, he might be on Hearts radar already if he's available.

We made enquiries in the summer and he turned us down in favour of a move down south. Sure we'll have found other targets since.

35 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

I refuse to believe that you've ever went to see a comedian. 

He did say imagine to be fair😉

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Joe Savage comes in and makes it clear from the get go he wants to operate very confidential business of signing the right players.

Hearts fans panic 2 weeks before the window closes that we've signed no one, and are disturbed by the lack of rumours.

Beautiful.

Never really expected anything else on here though.

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

We made enquiries in the summer and he turned us down in favour of a move down south. Sure we'll have found other targets since.

Not sure where you got your information, Jason didn't turn us down as there was no approach from Hearts.

The vermin tried to get Jason in the summer and held talks about signing.

Their offer was nothing short of laughable, they tried again with an improved offer, he again refused.

5 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Not sure where you got your information, Jason didn't turn us down as there was no approach from Hearts.

The vermin tried to get Jason in the summer and held talks about signing.

Their offer was nothing short of laughable, they tried again with an improved offer, he again refused.

His Mum via mine

22 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Jason is fit. He was injured when he signed for Wigan due to an injury he sustained in the away leg against Galatasaray.

St Johnstone did him no favours by not treating the injury properly.

It was picked up immediately by Wigan during his medical and almost scuppered him signing.

Jason was out for four weeks as a result of the injury.

The team were doing well and couldn't get into the team. That said Jason has played quite a few games now either starting or off the bench.

Depending on the formation the manager plays, determines if Jason starts. Three at the back, he plays, four, he is on the bench.

Bit frustrating for him, he is used to starting every game with St's to not being involved as much due to the four at the back system the manager prefers.

Thanks for this, sounds as if there might be scope to do something in the summer if he continues to not be a regular starter?

19 minutes ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

The "Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser" suddenly becomes a must read for Hearts fans (well maybe the only accurate souce!).

I think most Alloa fans would look at it to see if Baz Ferguson has been sacked yet......

58 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

What did your mate think of him as a player, SM?

Guessing the rumour is just that - a rumour (though the journo who wrote it tends to know his stuff when comes to Hearts)

He really rates him and said even in the Chelsea cup game he looked like he caused a few problems to defenders. Hard worker and his record this season and the last couple is good. It’s a big jump obviously but he likes him.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t really see us spending that kind of money on such a gamble and I doubt they’d knock much of for Armand in the last 6 months of his contract . You can never tell I suppose and looking at his stats/record/level he’s played at etc obviously only explains so much.

I agree. It’s a big risk and the speculation was an odd one. I just thought I’d pass on what my mate said about him. I think it’s just journo speculation to be honest.

44 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

On that basis alone we should run in the opposite direction as fast as we can.

Ha!

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

If it's bothering you that much just add him to the ignore list?

27 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Thanks for this, sounds as if there might be scope to do something in the summer if he continues to not be a regular starter?

No problem. Wigan paid a decent fee for Jason, I would think he will be part of the managers plans long term.

Love to see him in a maroon jersey though!

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Underwhelmed by his sense of humour I see

Jack Torrance

Just popping on to see how everyone's whelms are doing?

Anyone pant wetting yet?

Or are we all happy we're in a good place and have a decent recruitment team with a plan, meaning the Summer will bear more fruit?

😉

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Come on Hearts, sign some *****.

:muggy:

The signing I want to see is an extension to Haring's contract.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But you don’t come to a Hearts forum for the jokes do you? I’m not a comedian, I never pretended to be. I also noted that people like yourself didn’t like the whelms chat the last window, so I put a stop to it. What more do you want in regards to that? An apology or something? It was something lighthearted to pass the time when no real transfer news was happening… 4 months ago… some liked it, some like yourself had an unhealthy visceral hatred of it. So this window, it stopped. I’ve let that chat go, I suggest you do the same. And before you tell on me to the mods for some perceived ageism, I said your posts were reminiscent of an old man yelling at clouds, a clear reference to a famous joke from The Simpsons as later reflected by the shared image.

Try not to be so sensitive Al, imagine everyone you quoted and cherry picked certain lines of their posts in bold to make some antagonistic point got as riled as you are getting at chat of whelms and clouds?

I think you should try and be a little sensitive and allow people who hear rumours to post them.  My point is that it is better to read about rumours than childish whelms that you seemed to take umbrage at.  Quoting from the Simpsons: deary me.

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Looking very much like we are struggling to convince the players we want to make the move or convince their clubs to sell. 17 days into the window and after months of scouring the stats we have done very little to improve the squad. 
Worrying to say the least, particularly if Boyce picks up an injury. 

panic-lego.gif

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal