• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Interesting though. Decent source or just third hand kind of stuff?

Hun source, same as soapy they got that spot on.  Robbies pal.  

SectionDJambo
29 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Who was the last player we signed on loan from Celtic? 

Celtic have inadvertently done us three big favours in recruitment in the past.

Roddy McDonald sold to us after Willie Garner went to them instead of us.

John Colquhoun sold to us instead of Daviie Provan.

Craig Gordon, say no more.

Even Stefan Mahe was decent.

Jambo in Bathgate
3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Free transfer I'm sure.  Great player. 

He was excellent. Think his last game put over a peach of a cross and we scored. 

14 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Add the late Brian Whittaker to that list

SectionDJambo
2 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Add the late Brian Whittaker to that list

Indeed. Poor guy suffered a terrible end to his life. A great player for us.

23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I thought we signed him. Was he on loan first ?

Signed him if I recall correctly. And a brilliant signing it was too. 

scott herbertson
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Can add Aaron Hickey to that list.

Darren Jackson wasn't as bad as I thought he would be either.

2 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Signed him if I recall correctly. And a brilliant signing it was too. 

He was very good. Trying to think of any others that went from Celtic directly to us. Other than Darren Jackson I can’t think of any more. 

27 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Way back I am pretty certain we signed Bobby Prentice from Celtic.

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Way back I am pretty certain we signed Bobby Prentice from Celtic.

You are correct.

Another brilliant signing for us.

Berra than you

Not accusing the poster of making it up, but I'd be surprised if we were in for McCarthy. Doesn't fit either out model of signing young players, or the vigorous recruitment process. We may well have been offered him of course. 

If we do sign him, I reckon it's because other targets might not be available till summer.

4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Not accusing the poster of making it up, but I'd be surprised if we were in for McCarthy. Doesn't fit either out model of signing young players, or the vigorous recruitment process. We may well have been offered him of course. 

If we do sign him, I reckon it's because other targets might not be available till summer.

I’ve heard it’s a condition of the McCarthy loan that we keep Souttar till the end of the season and stop Rangers getting him 🤪🤪🤪

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I’ve heard it’s a condition of the McCarthy loan that we keep Souttar till the end of the season and stop Rangers getting him 🤪🤪🤪

Don’t even joke. 🥸

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Would do it for Jota 😏

Is McCarthy the same Scots player who was so Celtic minded he snubbed his homeland for Ireland. 

We are just getting shot of one 🐀

and don't need another 🐀

49 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Rab Prentice already covered sorry 

Edited by cookieboy
already covered

14 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Glen Whelan immediately comes to mind ( with a shudder) - not the market we should be in IMO

Naisys Tackle
23 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I said we have been offered and considering him on loan.   He's actively being touted.    

26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Any actual rumours? 

Very hard to get info as we all know. Still working on Japanese lads and trying for another Australian. 

9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Glen Whelan immediately comes to mind ( with a shudder) - not the market we should be in IMO

Absolutely nothing alike. We'd be getting twice the player in McCarthy and he's also only 31 compared to Whelan being 35/36 when we signed him. We could do far worse on a short term deal until the end of the season. My assumption is that he would sit between Haring and Halliday in the pecking order (Devlin/Beni > Haring > McCarthy > Halliday). 

5 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Very hard to get info as we all know. Still working on Japanese lads and trying for another Australian. 

What happens if we keep waiting on the Japanese and it’s too late to get another in?

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely nothing alike. We'd be getting twice the player in McCarthy and he's also only 31 compared to Whelan being 35/36 when we signed him. We could do far worse on a short term deal until the end of the season. My assumption is that he would sit between Haring and Halliday in the pecking order (Devlin/Beni > Haring > McCarthy > Halliday). 

On loan from Celtic, career on a downward trend, looking at another loan after us.

Not sure that fits the young vibrant pacy players we have been looking at so far.

Maybe on a short term deal but do we really need another midfield player, who will more likely warm the bench.?far more pressing requirements elsewhere in the team.

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Beni is injured and Peter can't play consistently. 

Are you for real? He's been the best outfield player on thepitch for almost every game since we lost Beni...

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

On loan from Celtic, career on a downward trend, looking at another loan after us.

Not sure that fits the young vibrant pacy players we have been looking at so far.

Maybe on a short term deal but do we really need another midfield player, who will more likely warm the bench.?far more pressing requirements elsewhere in the team.

Decent fix for a short term problem though. We don't need a long term project or someone to make a profit from, we just need some cover whilst Beni gets back up to fitness. 

It all depends on Beni's situation but some are alluding to him being out for a bit longer than originally thought. If he is out then we absolutely need someone to come in to provide some cover for Haring. 

I'm not interested in him as a permanent signing but if he's available on loan for the rest of the season then like I say we could do a lot worse. 

4 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What happens if we keep waiting on the Japanese and it’s too late to get another in?

We will have other targets. Is some Scandinavian lad that had played for Dundee for a bit and possible loan from England.  Definitely signing someone next few days.

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will have other targets. Is some Scandinavian lad that had played for Dundee for a bit and possible loan from England.  Definitely signing someone next few days.

A Scandinavian forward that played for Dundee??

PhoenixHearts

I'm not being funny here but where did the Mccarthy rumour actually come from.

After reading the last few pages the only thing I can see is someone saying McCart from St Johnstone, then another poster misspelling McCart, then another poster misreading that etc etc....

It's like chinese whispers but reading comprehension based.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Really? That would be very surprising. 

Why?

I don’t think our board are sectarian bigots.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

22 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

What do you know about the progress with the Japanese ??

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why?

I don’t think our board are sectarian.

I don’t think so either. Surprised you jumped to that tbh. In my time supporting hearts, which is about 37 years or so I can’t ever remember a Celtic player on loan. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t think so either. Surprised you jumped to that tbh. In my time supporting hearts, which is about 37 years or so I can’t ever remember a Celtic player on loan. 

The market has changed. Nobody other than Hibs really did loans from other SPL clubs the past few years but it is more common now.

Rangers even loaned an Aberdeen player FFS.

Celtic have just brought a load of attacking players in.  If you don’t think Celtic have one attacking player that might help our forward line for the rest of the season then I’d be surprised at that.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

SomethingAboutObua
11 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Sow's away in Thailands second tier now I think 🤔...

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The market has changed. Nobody other than Hibs really did loans from other SPL clubs the past few years but it is more common now.

Celtic have just brought a load of attacking players in.  If you don’t think Celtic have one attacking player that might help our forward line for the rest of the season then I’d be surprised at that.

Let’s see if we get a Celtic loan in then. The market has changed and I’d take any player if he made us better but just can’t see any old firm loanees coming our way. 

Just now, johnking123 said:

Japanese lad will probably last till end of the window. Not easy negotiation.

Hopefully we'll bow out of the negotiation with him signed.

Pasquale for King
55 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is McCarthy the same Scots player who was so Celtic minded he snubbed his homeland for Ireland. 

We are just getting shot of one 🐀

and don't need another 🐀

Yeah that’s him, I think the SFA were as much at fault for not picking him though irc. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal