** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

13 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I think you should try and be a little sensitive and allow people who hear rumours to post them.  My point is that it is better to read about rumours than childish whelms that you seemed to take umbrage at.  Quoting from the Simpsons: deary me.

I’m not a moderator. I can’t stop anyone from doing anything. And I haven’t tried to stop people posting rumours, if you’re referring to my post last night I’ve already explained that was tongue in cheek. I know you don’t get my sense of humour, that’s fine, but when I embellish and explain that it was tongue in cheek to another poster that should have told you and everyone I wasn’t having a go at people posting rumours. I was posting YouTube videos of a random Georgian guy the other day FFS.

Now, what I may occasionally do is post that certain rumours don’t really make any logical sense or have very little merit, which is my right to do. All I’m doing is partaking in transfer discussion on a discussion forum post regarding transfers. I don’t go looking for arguments, I try not to be argumentative and I try and post things from a place of common sense.

You, on the other hand, constantly moan about things (congratulations on resurrecting the whelms chat by the way, was dead but now all down to you people are using it again) and you cherry pick people’s posts to make some asinine anal argumentative point that is very little to do with the discussion at hand and just start causing off topic discussions like we’re having now. Why you do it, I don’t know. But you do. 

Edited by BackOfTheNet

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Just over half way through the transfer window....so in reality , still plenty time to get players in and ship others out..

The way your speaking, we should just give up, shut the doors and go home... that suit your odd agenda  ?

Not at all, we didn’t  just start looking at potential players on Jan 1 hope.  Hopefully that’s been going on for months. Given the injuries we had been carrying, Beni, Boyce, with minimal cover I’d have thought we would have been keen to get players in before now. Walker leaving is a strange one given how little cover we have upfront. 
Next two games are ideal for introducing new players. After that it gets tough for a week or two. 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Flappery.

IMO if we sign no one, we're fine.  We're certainly very very far from worrying.

We're going after guys who have other options or whose clubs don't want to lose them.  This isn't like other windows where we just need a player for position X so click on Fifa to see who's guid or phone that agent we ken who got us tickets for that thing that time.

If Boyce and Beni’s injuries don’t clear up I’d strongly disagree with you. 

53 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Just popping on to see how everyone's whelms are doing?

Anyone pant wetting yet?

Or are we all happy we're in a good place and have a decent recruitment team with a plan, meaning the Summer will bear more fruit?

😉

I’m pant wetting a bit but keeping it to myself for now. Feel a lot better when we’ve signed a striker.

We probably could have signed any old shite already but I think getting the right targets takes time, negotiating with clubs and agents takes time. There's still two weeks left. I trust Joe to do the business.

Not gonna lie, whilst Savage playing his cards close to his chest is great, the lack of any current action during the window has me all

WHELMED.JPG

Hopefully we are waiting until the last minute to announce a stunning capture before the transfer window SLAMS shut. 

Edited by Gizmo

Just now, MR INCREDIBLE said:

We’ve got just about as many staff in the recruitment team as we have in the 1st team squad!

WTF are they doing !!??

Secret stuff. I’m sure this will be worth waiting on. 

As I mentioned last week we have been preparing for life without souttar since October, Robbie himself confirming it’s been a while now since he told the club he would be going. A plan is in place ideally it was for summer but looks like it will be moved forward to this window 

I would rather that they took their time and signed the right players, as opposed to rushing and signing duds.

The club took the same approach in the summer and for the most part, it has worked out really well.

1 hour ago, suds66 said:

No problem. Wigan paid a decent fee for Jason, I would think he will be part of the managers plans long term.

Love to see him in a maroon jersey though!

You post as you seem to be pretty close to Jason.

Going by the amount of times you type Jason's name you seem to know what you are talking about regarding Jason's career.

3 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Well this thread is completely shite, thanks in part to JamboAl and Backofthenet for the chronic whelms chat

And who’s fault was it for bringing up the whelms chat this window? I’ll give you a clue, wasn’t me. But aye, you go ahead and blame me for no apparent reason.

12 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

As I mentioned last week we have been preparing for life without souttar since October, Robbie himself confirming it’s been a while now since he told the club he would be going. A plan is in place ideally it was for summer but looks like it will be moved forward to this window 

Thanks. Any word on a striker?

12 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Good news re this window. 

🤗

:sweatdrop:. When? :shocked3:. Soon I hope.    I'm guessing late.    😭

On 08/12/2021 at 14:44, DC_92 said:

I'm expecting the usual January window in which people panic about the perceived lack of activity for the first 2/3 weeks and then hail it as our best window in x years when we sign a couple of players in the last week. Happens every single year.:lol:

Things seem more professional now so hopefully we've got one or two things lined up early in the window. Most potential players will be under contract, though, and often clubs don't let them go until they've got a replacement lined up, hence the deluge of activity that happens at the end of the month.

Bumping this prediction from December since the traditional mid-window panic seems to have started for some.

Finding it more strange this year given we've already made a promising signing in one key position and probably only need a couple more.:lol:

9 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

And who’s fault was it for bringing up the whelms chat this window? I’ll give you a clue, wasn’t me. But aye, you go ahead and blame me for no apparent reason.

:facepalm: you're responding to him with multiple paragraph posts, if you just ignored it the thread would not become a total shambles

5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

:facepalm: you're responding to him with multiple paragraph posts, if you just ignored it the thread would not become a total shambles

So you can interject into a thread to have a go at how posters post, but when I offer an opinion on how another poster posts it ain’t right? A quick click on your profile pic shows your post history. You have some gumption talking about others having chronic chat, just so you know.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We'll sign 2 forwards mate.

I know Souttar was likely to go but really liked him as a player.  A couple of attackers would be quite the tonic. 

24 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

You post as you seem to be pretty close to Jason.

Going by the amount of times you type Jason's name you seem to know what you are talking about regarding Jason's career.

I have mentioned on another thread that there is a strong family connection.

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Bumping this prediction from December since the traditional mid-window panic seems to have started for some.

Finding it more strange this year given we've already made a promising signing in one key position and probably only need a couple more.:lol:

Your prediction was spot on - would be worth bookmarking it for next January  too....

3 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

But you don’t come to a Hearts forum for the jokes do you? I’m not a comedian, I never pretended to be. I also noted that people like yourself didn’t like the whelms chat the last window, so I put a stop to it. What more do you want in regards to that? An apology or something? It was something lighthearted to pass the time when no real transfer news was happening… 4 months ago… some liked it, some like yourself had an unhealthy visceral hatred of it. So this window, it stopped. I’ve let that chat go, I suggest you do the same. And before you tell on me to the mods for some perceived ageism, I said your posts were reminiscent of an old man yelling at clouds, a clear reference to a famous joke from The Simpsons as later reflected by the shared image.

Try not to be so sensitive Al, imagine everyone you quoted and cherry picked certain lines of their posts in bold to make some antagonistic point got as riled as you are getting at chat of whelms and clouds?

No need to aploogise to roasters👍

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So you can interject into a thread to have a go at how posters post, but when I offer an opinion on how another poster posts it ain’t right? A quick click on your profile pic shows your post history. You have some gumption talking about others having chronic chat, just so you know.

Deary me, you can't help yourself can you? I don't feel the need to respond to yo defending my chronic chat cos I'm not bothered about what a random internet weirdo who takes him/herself far too seriously thinks. Imagine checking my post history ffs

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Just ignore him. If folk don’t like your humour that’s their issue. The mods will step in if forum rules are broken, past that it’s fair game. 

3 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Do you think we will get the Japanese guy?

If we don't we will have other targets. It seems we are still pursuing it and I doubt we would continue to do so if we didn't think there was a chance. 

Coming 3rd and doing well in the SC Cup is absolutely vital.  The club know we can't hobble through the rest of the season firing blanks and dropping points or Hibs,Aberdeen and Motherwell will edge closer. We need pace and goals, there is over 5million quid at stake I.e. (prize money for 3rd, SC cup and Europa/League or Conference). We'll sign 2 forwards, a Striker and a Inside Forward whatever you want to call it, plus a Centerhalf to replace Souttar.

5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Deary me, you can't help yourself can you? I don't feel the need to respond to yo defending my chronic chat cos I'm not bothered about what a random internet weirdo who takes him/herself far too seriously thinks. Imagine checking my post history ffs

Funny, “if you just ignored it the thread wouldn’t become a total shambles”

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Funny, “if you just ignored it the thread wouldn’t become a total shambles”

I'll let you have the final word as it obviously means so much to you. 

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just ignore him. If folk don’t like your humour that’s their issue. The mods will step in if forum rules are broken, past that it’s fair game. 

Done :smiley2:

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Ferguson believes Alloa deserved three points from Queen's Park stalemate | Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser (alloaadvertiser.com)

Ferguson continued: “[Henderson’s] going to go back, that was his last game. They’re just trying to get a couple of players in but he’ll be coming back to us, hopefully he’ll be coming back this week but that depends on Hearts signing players so that’s why I’m going to be busy trying to get players in but I’m not going to bring players in for the sake of it, it needs to be the right players.”

Possibly suggests we may be quite close to making a signing or two if Ferguson is hoping that Henderson may return to Alloa this week. 

Nice find. Might be as close to inside info as we'll get. 

11 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If we don't we will have other targets. It seems we are still pursuing it and I doubt we would continue to do so if we didn't think there was a chance. 

Coming 3rd and doing well in the SC Cup is absolutely vital.  The club know we can't hobble through the rest of the season firing blanks and dropping points or Hibs,Aberdeen and Motherwell will edge closer. We need pace and goals, there is over 5million quid at stake I.e. (prize money for 3rd, SC cup and Europa/League or Conference). We'll sign 2 forwards, a Striker and a Inside Forward whatever you want to call it, plus a Centerhalf to replace Souttar.

I really hope we sign the Japanese guy. He looks like he would fit our system well. He has pace and is something different.

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nae signings! 

Nae whelms. 

Booooo! 

For god sake dinnae mention the w..... s😲

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Job. Could. Do. A.

Aye, if we want a striker with a shite first touch, limited movement, hardly scores and falls over. 

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’m pant wetting a bit but keeping it to myself for now. Feel a lot better when we’ve signed a striker.

Comes to us all. 😆

By way of a bit of ITK* info, I can confirm we're definately currently trying to sign someone.

*not really ITK, but I know y'know.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not a moderator. I can’t stop anyone from doing anything. And I haven’t tried to stop people posting rumours, if you’re referring to my post last night I’ve already explained that was tongue in cheek. I know you don’t get my sense of humour, that’s fine, but when I embellish and explain that it was tongue in cheek to another poster that should have told you and everyone I wasn’t having a go at people posting rumours. I was posting YouTube videos of a random Georgian guy the other day FFS.

Now, what I may occasionally do is post that certain rumours don’t really make any logical sense or have very little merit, which is my right to do. All I’m doing is partaking in transfer discussion on a discussion forum post regarding transfers. I don’t go looking for arguments, I try not to be argumentative and I try and post things from a place of common sense.

You, on the other hand, constantly moan about things (congratulations on resurrecting the whelms chat by the way, was dead but now all down to you people are using it again) and you cherry pick people’s posts to make some asinine anal argumentative point that is very little to do with the discussion at hand and just start causing off topic discussions like we’re having now. Why you do it, I don’t know. But you do. 

Whelmtastic mate 👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, if we want a striker with a shite first touch, limited movement, hardly scores and falls over. 

:laugh:

Holds it up, arm stretched out to hold off a player, heads straight for the corner flag, falls over, no free kick.

Repeat.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Not gonna lie, whilst Savage playing his cards close to his chest is great, the lack of any current action during the window has me all

WHELMED.JPG

Hopefully we are waiting until the last minute to announce a stunning capture before the transfer window SLAMS shut. 

😂😂😂

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Strange they're posting this late. Might be something going on👀

They posted the response to Souttar signing for Rangers at 6pm. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

:laugh:

Holds it up, arm stretched out to hold off a player, heads straight for the corner flag, falls over, no free kick.

Repeat.

Sometimes he even left the ball. 

Bizarre. 

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They posted the response to Souttar signing for Rangers at 6pm. 

Seems like extreme circumstances for the Souttar post, I find it peculiar they're posting a loan announcement in the evening. In fairness though they've been posting at odd times this window instead of the usual 1200 or 1500

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal