** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

25 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We will have other targets. Is some Scandinavian lad that had played for Dundee for a bit and possible loan from England.  Definitely signing someone next few days.

Glen Kamara would be alright 🙂

Benjamin Kallman is all I can find. 23yo striker. Currently on loan in the Norwegian top tier, from a Finnish top tier side. 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

30 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Are you for real? He's been the best outfield player on thepitch for almost every game since we lost Beni...

I have been in love with his performances, have to admit, I didn't think he had it in him after all the injuries but very consistant and at times majestic 🤩😍🥰

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Benjamin Kallman is all I can find. 23yo striker. Currently on loan in the Norwegian top tier, from a Finnish top tier side. 

That must be the chap. 

Benjamin Kallman is all I can find. Currently on loan in the Norwegian top tier, from a Finnish top tier side. 

Seems the right age at least. Can’t remember him at Dundee I have to say. 

6 goals on his last 46 games according to Wikipedia plus 1 goal while on loan to Dundee.

Let’s hope not

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Thats who I have found, last season (2021, there seasons follow calendar year) he was playing for his parent club Inter Turku and scored 14 goals in 27 games. He is also 23 which seems in the right age for who we go for. Has played top flight football in Scotland, Denmark, Norway and Finland.

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Leisham38 said:

6 goals on his last 46 games according to Wikipedia plus 1 goal while on loan to Dundee.

Let’s hope not

The layout of his seasons is a bit confusing. Who have to go back to the section for his current club which loaned him out to others, to see his most recent seasons (he was on loan to norway till August 2020 where he came back and since played only for his parent club.) Since he returned from his loan he has had 18 goals in 37 games over a season and a half.

Could the Scandinavian striker be a mix up...

The only forward who played in Dundee I can think of in recent times was Pavol Safranko for United. 

Sure we were linked in the past.

34 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I'm not being funny here but where did the Mccarthy rumour actually come from.

After reading the last few pages the only thing I can see is someone saying McCart from St Johnstone, then another poster misspelling McCart, then another poster misreading that etc etc....

It's like chinese whispers but reading comprehension based.

It’s baffling. We don’t need him. We play 2 CMs, Devlin, Beni and we have Haring too. Seems pointless. Would rather sign a winger that scores goals. 

7 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The layout of his seasons is a bit confusing. Who have to go back to the section for his current club which loaned him out to others, to see his most recent seasons (he was on loan to norway till August 2020 where he came back and since played only for his parent club.) Since he returned from his loan he has had 18 goals in 37 games over a season and a half.

Yeah, don’t think Wikipedia has that right. Soccerway have him as finishing Finnish league as top scorer with 14

Something I've been wondering, are we going for the best striker we can that's available right now or waiting until summer when more are available? 

If it's the first one I suspect we might end up having a very quiet summer window.

McCarthy? I’m sure that’s a joke. Guy’s on at least 5 figures a week and plays once every 6 or 7 games. Also about 5 years older than our target signing maximum. Let’s not even pretend it’s possible.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Something I've been wondering, are we going for the best striker we can that's available right now or waiting until summer when more are available? 

If it's the first one I suspect we might end up having a very quiet summer window.

As long as we finish 3rd at least and get European football until December then I'm fine with that.

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Which is probably desired given European qualifiers in July should we secure a spot

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Decent fix for a short term problem though. We don't need a long term project or someone to make a profit from, we just need some cover whilst Beni gets back up to fitness. 

It all depends on Beni's situation but some are alluding to him being out for a bit longer than originally thought. If he is out then we absolutely need someone to come in to provide some cover for Haring. 

I'm not interested in him as a permanent signing but if he's available on loan for the rest of the season then like I say we could do a lot worse. 

we have Smith who did really well in there the other week and McAneff could be used for home games when we are more on the front foot.

I am sure McCarthy will cost a fair bit in wages, better spent elsewhere

8 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Depends on the market. I would say it’s more possible to get someone from the Japanese league now when they are in pre-season than to try in the summer when they’re half way through their season.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, kila said:

Which is probably desired given European qualifiers in July should we secure a spot

Its a good point, we need to be ready to go when the first matches happen and having an established team makes a difference. I do think we will sign a few players on pre-contracts between now and the end of the season. But if they can hit the ground running it makes a big difference financially to us.

50 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats who I have found, last season (2021, there seasons follow calendar year) he was playing for his parent club Inter Turku and scored 14 goals in 27 games. He is also 23 which seems in the right age for who we go for. Has played top flight football in Scotland, Denmark, Norway and Finland.

Sounds half decent if not for his disappointingly poor 1 goal in 18 for Dundee. He was 19/20 at the time so every chance he's better now, and considering our recruitment is a bit more data orientated his stats must be alright (if it's a true link). 

Also sounds better than the spoon burners' Scandanavian import. 

Edited by Batistuta87

26 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Primary target seems to be one of two Japanese neither of which you can be confident of happening at this stage.

If that doesn’t work out I’m almost certain we’ll have a stop gap loan agreement in place for a striker till the summer 

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Sow's away in Thailands second tier now I think 🤔...

Canny be a bad life in all fairness. 

Italian Lambretta
20 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its a good point, we need to be ready to go when the first matches happen and having an established team makes a difference. I do think we will sign a few players on pre-contracts between now and the end of the season. But if they can hit the ground running it makes a big difference financially to us.

It would be a good point if the European qualifiers were actually in July but they are not the play off is end of August with group stages starting September. Unless I'm wrong and it's been brought forward because of the world cup in Qatar?

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Let’s see if we get a Celtic loan in then. The market has changed and I’d take any player if he made us better but just can’t see any old firm loanees coming our way. 

I’m not saying we are or that there is individual we are defo after.

I am just saying that a sweeping generalisation about doubting whether we would take a player on loan from them might be a bit wrong/blinkered.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Way back I am pretty certain we signed Bobby Prentice from Celtic.

Bobby Prentice scored the best goal I have ever seen, he beat everyone in the opposition team and he then hit a rocket into the net

ran over to the manager who I think was John Hagart it was wonderful.

My mate told me Bobby used to go home to Penicuik on the council bus with a bottle of juice and some sweets.

One of the most talented wingers I have ever watched.

12 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It would be a good point if the European qualifiers were actually in July but they are not the play off is end of August with group stages starting September. Unless I'm wrong and it's been brought forward because of the world cup in Qatar?

18th and 25th August for us if we finish 3rd and one of the top 3 win the cup. 

32 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Canny be a bad life in all fairness. 

he's at Sukothai in the middle of the country. Very historical place but possibly not where you'd want based as an expat...

'stadium' is based on a heart shaped lake, which has a heart shaped island on it. Maybe we had an impact on him!!

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Sukhothai+fc/@17.0493189,99.7937136,4574m/data=!3m1!1e3

Edited by Japan Jambo

The Finnish lad seems like a realistic signing, 23 years old, out of contract in the summer and he's scored 14 goals this season for a team that is 4th in that league. He also scored 13 in 21 for the Finnish U21's and has 1 in 2 for the national side.

He only scored once while on loan at Dundee but it was the season they finished rock bottom of the league.

2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Very hard to get info as we all know. Still working on Japanese lads and trying for another Australian. 

Cheers 👍 

millerjames398
3 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

He was excellent. Think his last game put over a peach of a cross and we scored. 

Im sure he scored the winner from a tight angle against partick thistle im sure,,and he was a great signin, never thought much of him, when he played for them, but you could see he was a class act👍🏼🇱🇻

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Scotland's lowest qualifier (5th in the league if one of the top 4 wins the Scottish Cup, otherwise 4th in the league) will start in the conference league 2nd qualifying round, which starts on 21st July.  The next lowest qualifier (4th in the league if one of the top 3 wins the Scottish Cup, otherwise 3rd in the league) will start in the conference league 3rd qualifying round, which starts on 4th August.  The next lowest qualifier (3rd in the league if one of the top 3 wins the Scottish Cup, otherwise the Scottish Cup winner) will start in the europa league playoff round, which starts on 18th August.  So, assuming we do qualify for Europe, we're going to have played at least one, and maybe as many as three, two-legged ties before your end of August schedule!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

In talks with player from Holland, 22 year old wants first team football. 

If deal comes off, best signing we will have made in years, won't mention name. 

Other clubs in for him too. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

In talks with player and agent from Holland, 22 year old wants first team football. 

I’d rather we sign a footballer than a 22 year old agent looking to try his hand…

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I’d rather we sign a footballer than a 22 year old agent looking to try his hand…

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Corrected 👍

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

are you saying the player is Dutch or that he plays in the Netherlands (or both?)

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Position? 

Just now, jamle1874 said:

Position? 

Striker 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

are you saying the player is Dutch or that he plays in the Netherlands (or both?)

He's playing in Holland 👍

3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Very hard to get info as we all know. Still working on Japanese lads and trying for another Australian. 

He isn’t a striker/winger is he? 

tumblr_inline_onsmi0xcFW1sr42eh_500.gif

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Shooty Van Striker?

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He is on about Robert Bozenik.  

You say Bozenik, I say Bozanic…

Following the replacement of outgoing players with similar sounding players (Cochrane for Cochrane etc)

1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Bobby Prentice scored the best goal I have ever seen, he beat everyone in the opposition team and he then hit a rocket into the net

My mate told me Bobby used to go home to Penicuik on the council bus with a bottle of juice and some sweets.

Think he was part of the deal that saw Andy lynch got to celtic   a deal that brought Steve Hancock to hearts

1 hour ago, bawheed said:

Hearts got Steve Hancock,  &Bobby prentice for Andy lynch going to celtic...

Just now, Hectormasson said:

Think he was part of the deal that saw Andy lynch got to celtic   a deal that brought Steve Hancock to hearts

Didny see that baw head sorry , m8, u was in there first with that👍

9 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

We sold Andy Lynch to Celtic for 35k in January 1973

Bobby Prentice signed on a free via Dundee and Celtic in August 1973, Stevie Hancock was ex Celtic but signed for Hearts on a free from Sheffield Wednesday in 1974

18 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Brb, away to search for 22 year old strikers in the Netherlands

I've found some... Just the 37...

Googling their names to see if I can find any stories of anyone unhappy, moving, etc 😂

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal