** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

I'm sure Souttar was quoted as saying if he went to Sevco he wanted it to be a transfer now and not  a pre contract. 

Could it be he has set a deadline for Rangers to agree a few with us or he would be happy to go down South ?

Pure speculation .

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

29 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Podcast with neilson was very interesting and mentioned interest in beni and Devlin before the window opened. Also there was another story from Scott burns at the express saying there is offers coming in for souttar every day so not necessarily going to ibrox

Interesting. This would make the ibrox press offensive make sense. 

Hopefully they’re trying to head off more offers by making it look like a fait acompli. 

1 minute ago, CMc said:

Interesting. This would make the ibrox press offensive make sense. 

Hopefully they’re trying to head off more offers by making it look like a fait acompli. 

Yeah was suggested that a serie a club was interested and other English clubs not previously mentioned 

10 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I'm sure Souttar was quoted as saying if he went to Sevco he wanted it to be a transfer now and not  a pre contract. 

Could it be he has set a deadline for Rangers to agree a few with us or he would be happy to go down South ?

Pure speculation .

Hope so.

Great business Hearts, I wonder if going forward we can play Halkett and Kingsley in a back 4? With Souttar looking like going or will Robbie put Smith in there? 

Going in the right direction 👏credit to everyone at the club.

Edited by Bongo 1874

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Great business Hearts, I wonder if going forward we can play Halkett and Kingsley in a back 4? With looking like going or will Robbie put Smith in there? 

Going in the right direction 👏credit to everyone at the club.

Halkett only works in a 3 and Kingsley as a lb in a 4 or lcb in a 3. Might depend on if we can sign cochrane or a similar player

I'm still not convinced Souttar will leave in this window.  Neilson has said he won't be going for a song.

If he's still here in a few days time I'm sure he will play against SJ.

Just now, Newton51 said:

Halkett only works in a 3 and Kingsley as a lb in a 4 or lcb in a 3. Might depend on if we can sign cochrane or a similar player

I would try Halkett and Kingsley in a back 4, but that's just my opinion i believe he can play this with Kingsley, and i would allow both LB and RB to bomb on, putting an extra man in midfield, but having him drop in between the defenders allowing Halkett and Kingsley to go wider, but that's just opinion, I reckon Robbie will keep it simple and stay 343 can't blame him it's worked, just think going forward we can learn more than one formation, but that can be worked on in pre season, can't expect that half way through a season. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Why the **** do our fans keep on trying to change our formation?

Jesus - we are scouting and signing on the basis of 3-4-3 as our primary formation.

Cant we all just accept that?

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Jesus - we are scouting and signing on the basis of 3-4-3 as our primary formation.

Wow just opinion 😂

The fact that we have been overrun in midfield at times, and we're asking Beni and Devlin to take on a 3v2 on a regular basis? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Only if cumdog and lafferty can fit into that🤣

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

I would try Halkett and Kingsley in a back 4, but that's just my opinion i believe he can plays this with Kingsley, and i would allow both LB and RB to bomb on, putting an extra man in midfield, but having him drop in between the defenders allowing Halkett and Kingsley to go wider, but that's just opinion, I reckon Robbie will keep it simple and stay 343 can't blame him it's worked, just think going forward we can learn more than one formation, but that can be worked on in pre season, can't expect that half way through a season. 

So despite your “reservations” re Robbiebyou are proving how shite you would be as manager. Forcing players signed for one formation and playing them in a different formation.

Alonst exactly what you used to constantly attack Robbie for doing…

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Wow just opinion 😂

It’s a stupid opinion as it is based on something that isn’t going to happen.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’m happy with the formation but during the Robbie podcast he stated we have a number of different formations and can change from when we are attacking or defending 

So despite your “reservations” re Robbiebyou are proving how shite you would be as manager. Forcing players signed for one formation and playing them in a different formation.

Surely most players can play in different formations? 

You think these players can only play one formation? 😂 behave mate. 

How am i attacking Robbie, are you for real? 

Arthur Morgan

Tbh we've conceded a shit load of chances this season, and without Gordon we wouldn't be in 3rd imo. Seems like the 2 in the middle have too much to do and get overrun imo. I would like to see us go 352 instead now we have Atkinson. Put Smith in the middle. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, GinRummy said:

Surely most players can play in different formations? 

Yes. And?

I remember when Neilson was being constantly accused of not having a style of play and him constantly changing formations.

Now he does have one which is working well and people are wanting him to constantly change the formation.

Mental.

It’s a stupid opinion as it is based on something that isn’t going to happen.

How is it stupid, it's a valid question to ask especially with Souttar potentially leaving, does he stick with 343 with Moore or Smith replacing Souttar, or does he change it , how is that attacking Robbie? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Tom Hardy’s Dug

You think these players can only play one formation? 😂 behave mate. 

How am i attacking Robbie, are you for real? 

I refer you to my above post.

2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes. And?

I remember when Neilson was being constantly accused of not having a style of play and him constantly changing formations.

Now he does have one which is working well and people are wanting him to constantly change the formation.

Mental.

You clearly feel quite strongly about this and I think it’s a bit of a non issue so I’ll bow out. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How is it stupid, it's a valid question to ask especially with Souttar potentially leaving, does he stick with 343 with Moore or Smith replacing Souttar, or does he change it , how is that attacking Robbie? 

It's a bit stupid.

We shouldn't change the entire team formation that we've used successfully all season  because one player departs

Yes. And?

Mental.

Please state we're I have asked Robbie to change formation, I never said that i said personally i would play a back 4, but i have no influence over the team Robbie is at training everyday so he will have more knowledge than me etc over who is doing what, it was just an opinion Halkett has came under strict criticism and i backed him, I believe him and Kingsley can play in a back four being the centre half pairing 👍 I trust Halkett and Kingsley, but that's just my opinion Robbie picks the team and is doing a great job. 

So we're am i personally attacking Robbie? 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

It's a bit stupid.

We shouldn't change the entire team formation that we've used successfully all season  because one player departs

Again we have had success with it spot on, but there has been games we have been overrun in midfield it was just an opinion, to state i was having a go is absolutely ridiculous. 

Another daily record update about souttar which adds nothing to what is known already. Wonder what the reaction to him

would be if signs a pre contract but plays on Tuesday 

Arthur Morgan

Again we have had success with it spot on, but there has been games we have been overrun in midfield it was just an opinion, to state i was having a go is absolutely ridiculous. 

I agree with you mate. Imo Gordon is a big reason we are 3rd this season. Look at how many shots we've conceded. 

12 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Yeah he moved the year after in 99.

Allan Johnston was the 1st player to depart from us on a Bosman when he went to Rennes in 96

That went well for him

2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Was it not already mentioned on this thread that Halkett, Kingsley and Smith signed new deals before Christmas. Announcements have been delayed for marketing reasons.

If true it's Smith.

It is. Deal already signed. 

Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

I agree with you mate. Imo Gordon is a big reason we are 3rd this season. Look at how many shots we've conceded. 

Arthur you can't say that we live in a world where facts and stats don't matter and simply pointing out that is wrong, you will be lambasted and treated like Germany treated Jews for having such an opinion, how dare you form such an opinion, it's not even criticism or criticising it's a genuine question, with the fact Souttar may be leaving. 

You're spot on 👍

I'm delighted that Gordon, Halkett, and Kingsley have signed new deals, as such i've praised everyone at club for making this happen, like many others. 

The Future's Maroon
2 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Harry Winks signed?!

Still not had the recognition it deserved 👏

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's a bit stupid.

Why would we change this because of one player their are 4 players who could play CB 

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Remember some fans wanted to keep him

Better then gnanduillet purely on effort if nothing else

14 minutes ago, Drumjambo said:

That went well for him

Suggested by David Murray that it was a con job by Sunderland . Going via France meant they got him for nowt .

Johnstone was reported as complaining about everyone speaking French there

1 minute ago, john thomas said:

Suggested by David Murray that it was a con job by Sunderland . Going via France meant they got him for nowt .

Johnstone was reported as complaining about everyone speaking French there

Don’t think magic was the brightest!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Our style of play isn’t a big issue for me as long as we get results.

It was, however, a big enough issue for a group of shop fronts to hire a plane about it.

Our style of play isn’t a big issue for me as long as we get results.

It was, however, a big enough issue for a group of shop fronts to hire a plane about it.

If fans want to do that then let them, do you seriously think Robbie cares 😂😂

He's there to do a job not win a popularity contest, I'll openly admit I'm not his biggest fan, but anyone criticising him at the moment with the position he has our team in is stark raving mad, but posters can have an opinion doesn't mean they are criticising? 

Again can you show me were I'm critising Robbie and telling him, he must change formation? 

53 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Another daily record update about souttar which adds nothing to what is known already. Wonder what the reaction to him

would be if signs a pre contract but plays on Tuesday 

Daily Record and the Sun get there years worth of clicks in Jan from us football fan mugs.  Do what I do and refrain from clicking, the news (if there is any) will be on here within minutes!

1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Tbh we've conceded a shit load of chances this season, and without Gordon we wouldn't be in 3rd imo. Seems like the 2 in the middle have too much to do and get overrun imo. I would like to see us go 352 instead now we have Atkinson. Put Smith in the middle. 

I think 352 would suit us better than 343, it would also allow us to give Haring or McEneff a lot more game time.

28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If fans want to do that then let them, do you seriously think Robbie cares 😂😂

He's there to do a job not win a popularity contest, I'll openly admit I'm not his biggest fan, but anyone criticising him at the moment with the position he has our team in is stark raving mad, but posters can have an opinion doesn't mean they are criticising? 

Again can you show me were I'm critising Robbie and telling him, he must change formation? 

Pretty sure the phoodle and plane hiring arseholes were the ones that made him consider the role at MK dons. I doubt he would have taken that if everyone was behind him. 

Ultimately I feel he has grown immensely since then. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Pretty sure the phoodle and plane hiring arseholes were the ones that made him consider the role at MK dons. I doubt he would have taken that if everyone was behind him. 

Ultimately I feel he has grown immensely since then. 

Hold up, you are suggesting that he moved to Mk dons because a section of fans didn't like him, so if that's the case why did he come back? knowing that same section didn't like him. 

He went for the money same as Levein did with Leicester. 

Just now, CMc said:

Not really clear on what point you’re trying to make here bud, but making light of the Holocaust is almost certainly not the way to do it. 

I have to explain that, okay just for you, posters are allowed to have an opinion or ask a question, without being wrongly accused of criticising our club, Is this what society has turned into? 

In no way was it a criticism towards Robbie or the club, as I've mentioned above, we have mods and admins that run this site, so why are others trying to run it for them? 

This is a forum based on supporters opinion, but you have people trying to police this site like the 3rd reich. 

On what you can and can't post. 

It's wrong totally wrong. 

Again I'll ask the question please can he point out were I'm critising Robbie or the team? 

Or is he going to do the same as Bojo and Sturgo and avoid it? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I have to explain that, okay just for you, posters are allowed to have an opinion or ask a question, without being wrongly accused of criticising our club, Is this what society has turned into? 

In no way was it a criticism towards Robbie or the club, as I've mentioned above, we have mods and admins that run this site, so why are others trying to run it for them? 

This is a forum based on supporters opinion, but you have people trying to police this site like the 3rd reich. 

On what you can and can't post. 

It's wrong totally wrong. 

Again I'll ask the question please can he point out were I'm critising Robbie or the team? 

Or is he going to do the same as Bojo and Sturgo and avoid it? 

Free speech works both ways Bongo. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion as you say. 

My opinion is that it is low to posit a false equivalence argument that compares the light mockery you occasionally get from some posters on here with the brutalisation and murder of millions of people. 

The repeated use of Nazi imagery somewhat undermines your appeal to ethics. Just like repeated reliance on false equivalent, false premise and straw-man devices show you fundamentally lack faith in your basic point.  

My post was only a friendly observation. 

I will leave you to it from here. 

Just now, CMc said:

Free speech works both ways Bongo. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion as you say. 

My opinion is that it is low to posit a false equivalence argument that compares the light mockery you occasionally get from some posters on here with the brutalisation and murder of millions of people. 

The repeated use of Nazi imagery somewhat undermines your appeal to ethics. Just like repeated reliance on false equivalent, false premise and straw-man devices show you fundamentally lack faith in your basic point.  

My post was only a friendly observation. 

I will leave you to it from here. 

I know how free speach works, but why should it be acceptable for someone to make accusations and assumptions based on what evidence? 

If he has evidence show it? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

8 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

I am still convinced that some of the injury issues were the clubs fault. You look at the number of serious injuries we had over those couple seasons:
Berra
Garruchio
Souttar
Naisy
Harring
Brandon

Wighton

Washinton
Smith
Cochran
Uche
Halkett

There is plenty more to add to that list. All has serious (or semi-serious) injuries at one point over those couple seasons.. Harring was out for over a year! You look at those situations and at one point we had a full starting 11 injured. I just don't see how that is all by chance. I think we let him down more then than he will now by trying to get us at least some sort of fee. 

EDIT: Add to that the overhaul of the of the medical/conditioning staff at the club and the comparative lack of injuries since then and you can start finding more reasons to think something wasn't right..

Bit up-thread on this but I started to worry about Levein's tenure when he did the whole cringe up-the-dunes bit pre-season. Prehistoric football training, and likely made the players more injury prone.  (I don't think it was just the dune running that did it, but rather that it indicated a kind of baws-to-the-wall in training approach that simply isn't appropriate with the number of games that modern footballers play.)

It was injuries more than anything that caused us to be bottom table when the freeze hit, but when you have bad injuries every season you're in charge, it may mean you're doing something wrong. I think that's the case with Levein.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic