** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am not against us offering Haring a new deal however I would dispute that he is our best midfielder. They all have a role to play and it could be argued that they are all equally as important as each other.

If we were to sell any of our current midfielders then I don't think Haring would net us the best fee.

Agreed

We need 4/5 good midfielders, all have their role to play.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

32 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I'm quite chill about it though.

If we don't sign one at all, it's cool.  Other seasons and windows, we've signed anyone cos we wanted someone if that makes sense.  If we can't get our top picks, go with what we have.

Boyce is great, both Gino and Woodburn have proven very useful up top when needed too.  We've got 3 options there.  I'd kinda suggest if we don't sign another CF, letting Walker go may feel a bit premature, but there ya go

Boyce’s calf injury could be an issue for a wee bit yet.

Worthing Jambo
50 minutes ago, OTT said:

Harings resurgence in form really gives us a headache in the middle of the park. I think it does suggest if we play our best 11 (common sense) tells you we might want to consider a 433.

Hope the big man signs an extension. Him Beni and Devlin in the middle of the park would give our defence a hell of an easy game 😂

Why can’t Haring just replace Souttar?

Berra than you
Just now, wavydavy said:

Any news on Beni?

Article in the EEN today with quotes from Robbie saying he's back training, but might give him until the week after St Johnstone if he's not 100%. Article seemed to suggest Boyce was fine. 

It's nice that we don't have to risk players at 80% fitness though.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

😉

kermit-the-frog-freaking-out-gif-7.gif

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Ohh a wee hint of a new forward perhaps 

I think taking credit for saying Kingsley would be announced today

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Haring to extend

Smith to stay the extra year

Souttar to **** of for at least £500k

Gnando  away

Mystery defender

Mystery striker

Mystery forward type

I'd like Mckay to extend as well, but I think that is something for the summer.

Holy Valance to give me a gammy 

If all that happens then it will have been a good transfer window.

She very well might me 'holy', but don't you mean 'Holly'?

Anyhoo, mair chance o' ye gettin' a 'gammy' oaf Shane MacGowan prior to his implants, methinks. 🤭

Screenshot_20220113-162432_Gallery.jpg

See, this is what I was on about yesterday, we all knew he was signing a new deal. It was in the press. It was expected yesterday in my book, so coming on late last night to say it was today was basically like saying light comes after dark, it was expected. But fair enough if credit is wanted or given, I won’t be giving any. Seems odd to claim it to be honest.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

She very well might me 'holy', but don't you mean 'Holly'?

Anyhoo, mair chance o' ye gettin' a 'gammy' oaf Shane MacGowan prior to his implants, methinks. 🤭

Screenshot_20220113-162432_Gallery.jpg

See the source image

See the source image

50 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Barrie McKay might be a shout for an extension as he is only on 18 months left at the mo…

We should never let our better players run there contracts below 18 months 

If they have not renewed at that point in time we should be actively looking to sell them to the highest bidder

it is the only way we will ever see a return on our talents 

we have lost out far too often recently 

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Haring to extend

Smith to stay the extra year

Souttar to **** of for at least £500k

Gnando  away

Mystery defender

Mystery striker

Mystery forward type

I'd like Mckay to extend as well, but I think that is something for the summer.

Holy Valance to give me a gammy 

If all that happens then it will have been a good transfer window.

Would you swap the gammy for a souttar contract extension? 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

Would you swap the gammy for a souttar contract extension? 

Depends who I'm giving one too...

Anyway.

Yes, it would be sweet if he extended!

35 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

No like we did against Dundee United, Motherwell, Celtic and Ross County. That'll do me.

(and Livingston & St Mirren)

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Depends who I'm giving one too...

Anyway.

Yes, it would be sweet if he extended!

As far as I'm aware, an extension hasn't been ruled out. Ditto a move south. The posts re-Souttar have all been based on one unsubstantiated social media posting.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If they have not renewed at that point in time we should be actively looking to sell them to the highest bidder

Shite 18 months is too early.

We are trying to build a good team here, we're not a pawn shop.

1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

As far as I'm aware, an extension hasn't been ruled out. Ditto a move south. The posts re-Souttar have all been based on one unsubstantiated social media posting.

think the sun said in its headline he had chosen the rangers, but the actual article was all suppositions. all the other outlets were reporting what the sun had said and quoting them.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
40 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

Was it not already mentioned on this thread that Halkett, Kingsley and Smith signed new deals before Christmas. Announcements have been delayed for marketing reasons.

If true it's Smith.

Marketing what?

3 minutes ago, Gav M said:

think the sun said in its headline he had chosen the rangers, but the actual article was all suppositions. all the other outlets were reporting what the sun had said and quoting them.

Precisely. I'm pretty sure that Savage ain't been leaking info to that rag; hence, until the denoument, I'll not be getting my nickers in a twist at anything the Sun or Daily Ranger print. Chances are that they're just shit-stirring as clickbait.

35 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Article in the EEN today with quotes from Robbie saying he's back training, but might give him until the week after St Johnstone if he's not 100%. Article seemed to suggest Boyce was fine. 

It's nice that we don't have to risk players at 80% fitness though.

Yes both of these players are important to us and we don't want to rush them and possibly set them back with another injury.

17 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Sounds weird but if he is to go to them, and we get a fee then celtic is the game, the only game I'd play him in. 

In that scenario, I'd hope he scores a last minute winner again and tears an achilles as he celebrates!

51 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Are you suggesting we sell a player that only signed at the start of this season because he has 18 months left of a 24month contract? 

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

👍Mackay, Robbo, Levein, Cruickshank, Gordon, Smith, Skacel, McPherson, who else is in your ten? 

Zico 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

In that scenario, I'd hope he scores a last minute winner again and tears an achilles as he celebrates!

1st part I'll take. 

2nd part I'll pass. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

Are you suggesting we sell a player that only signed at the start of this season because he has 18 months left of a 24month contract? 

Aye, he's not fully thought that statement through. 

Podcast with neilson was very interesting and mentioned interest in beni and Devlin before the window opened. Also there was another story from Scott burns at the express saying there is offers coming in for souttar every day so not necessarily going to ibrox

1 hour ago, Worthing Jambo said:

Why can’t Haring just replace Souttar?

He's not really played at CB much for us. I'd rather him play in midfield which seems to be his natural position. Beyond that, we have Moore who seems a better fit I think?

On Moore actually, hopefully we can get a deal sorted for him this month with the pennies the huns give us + a fee from cash we have already.

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Podcast with neilson was very interesting and mentioned interest in beni and Devlin before the window opened. Also there was another story from Scott burns at the express saying there is offers coming in for souttar every day so not necessarily going to ibrox

The Scarves Around the Funnel one? Don’t usually listen to them but gave some good insight. 

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Beni and Cammy would command a hefty fee just now i bet. 

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, he's not fully thought that statement through. 

I think he was suggesting we should be looking to extend his contract as he clearly good and consistent.  He is correct. 

Worthing Jambo
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

He's not really played at CB much for us. I'd rather him play in midfield which seems to be his natural position. Beyond that, we have Moore who seems a better fit I think?

On Moore actually, hopefully we can get a deal sorted for him this month with the pennies the huns give us + a fee from cash we have already.

I just think that Haring is more ‘Souttar’ like on the ball and with his range of passing.

He was brought in as central defender and has that composure to advance into midfield and has that eye for a pass, whether short or long.

I haven’t seen enough of Moore in the centre of defence to say he would be better.

I think it would be a mistake to let Haring go  as I don’t think Beni and Devlin have enough experience yet. Haring would give them a bit of insurance.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal
  • davemclaren locked and unlocked this topic