** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

12 minutes ago, Neil_Grant said:

Just want to throw something interesting out there:  One of my good friends who’s Ross County daft and very much in-the-know about his club, told me this evening that apparently Hearts have “made contact” about RCC.  It could be nonsense of course, but here’s hoping there’s some truth to his “reliable source”. 

/Neil 

Nice one if true 👍 

Would round off a very good transfer window. Even if its on PCA would be great 👍 

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

33 minutes ago, Neil_Grant said:

Just want to throw something interesting out there:  One of my good friends who’s Ross County daft and very much in-the-know about his club, told me this evening that apparently Hearts have “made contact” about RCC.  It could be nonsense of course, but here’s hoping there’s some truth to his “reliable source”. 

/Neil 

Hopefully true. The fact he's talking about us in interviews when it's completely unrelated really gets the noggin jogging

34 minutes ago, Neil_Grant said:

/Neil 

Definitely someone I'm interested in. Would be happy with a PCA and let him finish the season there too. 

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Hopefully true. The fact he's talking about us in interviews when it's completely unrelated really gets the noggin jogging

Random eh... He was talking about it feeling good to score against Rangers then just said something about the big three Rangers Celtic and Hearts... Don't think he's scored against us has he...? Was a strange one!! 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Random eh... He was talking about it feeling good to score against Rangers then just said something about the big three Rangers Celtic and Hearts... Don't think he's scored against us has he...? Was a strange one!! 

Think he was more talking about taking points off the big three, and we drew 2-2 up there.

mickycameron98

We do not need anyone else tbh I felt abit sorry for some of the players on the bench yesterday. Very good squad, the best in years.

The White Cockade
2 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

We do not need anyone else tbh I felt abit sorry for some of the players on the bench yesterday. Very good squad, the best in years.

that's the issue if you increase the size of the squad - trying to keep everybody happy

you are not going to get quality players happy to be bench warmers

of course you need a decent squad to cope with injury and loss off form

so it's a tricky situation to balance

2 hours ago, Pilmuir said:

We tend to forget that Haring was signed as a centre-back and might still have a role there.

For me his main attributes are reading the game, timing his tackles and passing the ball. 

He has proved himself once again (now fit) to be an important player so I hope we keep him.

Don't rate him as a centre back, going back to league cup tie at Dunfermline when Hughes went off injured at HT, Olly Lee & Zlamal saved us that day

19 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

This is were  I am. Woodburn etc dying to get a game. Like Robbie says though if it’s someone special that improves what we have then that’s fair enough. To add for the sake of it isn’t doing anybody any good

Edited by 1971fozzy

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It seems pretty clear to me that we have some sort of gentleman’s agreement and/or decent release clause (like we had with Lafferty) for Beni and both parties fully expect him to leave in summer.

The mentions of “enjoy him while we can”

and even Beni saying he wants to earn us a lot of money if he can. Robbie saying we already had interest in him (and Cammy for that matter) in the lead up to Xmas…

I think the question in summer will be - does he want a shot at Europe before he moves? If he does and does well we should be looking at £7M plus for him if he proves himself in Europe.

Not sure if you’re being serious?  You think if Beni plays a few games in the Europa League someone will pay £7m for a guy that we got on a free transfer 6 months ago?!  Not going to happen, not even anywhere near half of that.

1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

A lot of fans are desperate for the club ti make one big sale to prove that we’re doing things right. Me I just want us to keep our best players as long as we can. That means keeping Souttar til seasons end ti help us achieve our goal and definitely not even contemplating selling Beni in summer. Hibs will find out soon how having £3m in the bank means hee haw when your teams gubbed

Correct

kingantti1874
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure if you’re being serious?  You think if Beni plays a few games in the Europa League someone will pay £7m for a guy that we got on a free transfer 6 months ago?!  Not going to happen, not even anywhere near half of that.

£5 million for Scott McKenna.

Churchill Barrier
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Devlin started off well but has been in a downward spiral for a few weeks now.

Set up 2 goals yesterday but overall was poor imo.

He needs dropped/rested to reset as a football player imo.

Setting up 2 goals but still poor ! Really

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

How do you categorically know? Football is weird. 10 million for a Rangers nobody!

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

£5 million for Scott McKenna.

It was £3m plus add ons that could rise to £5m.  And he was already an internationalist.   Shows what Souttar could have gone for though. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

How many times did he get caught in possession?  I thought he was poor against Celtic and again against Motherwell.  Even the first goal, I’m certain he was trying to play GMS in but overhit it.  Great play for the 2nd goal though. 

9 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Yip, overall he was poor.

Lost possession cheaply many times, fell over too easily and set Motherwell up couple of times.

Credit for contribution to goals, but overall he was poor imo.

Needs to up his game.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

How do you categorically know? Football is weird. 10 million for a Rangers nobody!

Rangers and Celtic can get top dollar for their players compared to the other clubs.  Patterson is highly rated and, rightly or wrongly,  was already an internationalist. 

I’m quite happy to take a bet with anyone that we don’t get £7m for Beni though. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Lost possession cheaply many times, fell over too easily and set Motherwell up couple of times.

Needs to up his game.

Yep, too easy to just look at stats rather than overall performance.  I thought it was one of his poorest games for us.  Still not bad if you can get an assist and big hand in another goal though. But I’d play Haring and Beni at ER.  

hearts 4 the cup
1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

He just needs to keep it simple. Do what he’s good at - winning the ball and give it to the footballers.

Spot on. Devlin brings so much energy to the team, constantly pressing the opposition and has a great knack of winning the ball back.

He’s lacks technical ability on the ball - I’ve thought that from the first game he played but luckily for us, we’ve got plenty that do.

Devlin is key to how we play and very much suited to Scottish football 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It was £3m plus add ons that could rise to £5m.  And he was already an internationalist.   Shows what Souttar could have gone for though. 

hes ****ing pish though so.. 

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The biggest drawback to Haring is he’s a bit slow. Devlin can certainly carry the ball forward well and I was impressed with him doing that yesterday but Haring is a way better passer of the ball than Beni or Devlin. Would like to see big Pete stay but if it’s not for him any more then c’est la vie I suppose.

I agree with this, and I think to some extent that says quite a bit about our new recruitment regime.

PH has been a good player for us, I like him, and I think if he stays he'll continue to do a job for us and be a worthwhile member of the squad, and I'd like to see that happen, however if he decides the time is right for him to move elsewhere, whether mainly for footballing, family or financial reasons, I also now have full confidence that our recruitment team will find someone else who will do a similar, or better, job. A couple of years ago I'd have dreaded the thought of him going, or rather I'd have dreaded the thought of who we might have ended up replacing him with! 

24 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Most bizarre fee paid out . Baffling

Tom Hardy’s Dug
28 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Deadly serious

He has a much better pedigree and background than Nathan Paterson - for example - and will have way more first team experience.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

30 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure why its so difficult to understand 😂 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
20 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Rangers and Celtic can get top dollar for their players compared to the other clubs.  Patterson is highly rated and, rightly or wrongly,  was already an internationalist. 

I’m quite happy to take a bet with anyone that we don’t get £7m for Beni though. 

Beni is not a Hearts academy player.

He is an EPL academy player and already has EPL experience.

English clubs would not be signing a Scottish unknown quantity.

You can’t compare in EPL U23 graduate to a bog standard Scottish kid. And decent scouts, rather than armchair punters, will know that.

6 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

GMS also moved away from there when he was a teenager. You can’t just force someone to go somewhere because you don’t like him 

Calm down. I hardly think a deal is going to happen on the back of something I say on Kickback. It is a suggestion from me not Robbie or anyone else at the club. He still has a year to run on his current deal so he would have to agree to move obviously.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
31 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Gambo likes a wee moan every game. No matter the result/performance.

Love how we are watertight on signings these days.  What's changed?  I'm sure we had a whiteboard in the office with potential signings written on and some info on progress next to each one.

4 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

I take it we're not after a third choice keeper this window? I'm sure Neilson said we were looking back in August and then at the free agent market but nothing materialised. 

I'm not saying we need one or that it would be a good use of a wage but just wondered why it was identified as a need previously but not any more.

I think we'd ideally like one but don't want to spend any significant money on one (including in terms of wages). I think we're in a slightly unusual position in that normally, we'd have a keeper that was probably first choice but we'd want at least one more that's not only good enough to provide cover but is actually good enough to provide competition for the starting place. At the moment though, Gordon is so good that there's simply no realistic way that we could get ourselves anyone else that could compete with him, so anyone else we bring in is going to be backup and nothing else. I think finding someone good enough to be actually be worth having, but also willing to accept they're not remotely likely to actually challenge for a starting place any time soon, and also not looking for excessive money to accept that scenario, is probably actually very difficult! 

30 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Needs to up his game.

I agree totally.

Jambo in Bathgate
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I agree totally.

Motherwell identified him as the man who can win the ball and play a pass. He was doubled up upon. In many cases there was no out ball for him as he didn’t have support. He therefore held the ball too long. That changed after we scored. Also on numerous occasions he was held back or pushed by opponents. Generally, we weren’t smart and focused for most of the first half. 

jamboinglasgow

My prediction for deadline day, no business. No incomings or outgoings. Just feels like nothing is close and dont think Rangers will pay the required amount for Souttar.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

My prediction for deadline day, no business. No incomings or outgoings. Just feels like nothing is close and dont think Rangers will pay the required amount for Souttar.

Some sense….👍

Unless the huns come up with big cash for Souttar (which they wont) I'd keep him until the end of the season.

We've got Europe to go for and a Scottish Cup to win.

Guest ToqueJambo
48 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Needs to up his game.

He doubled his assists total (and increased his "second assist" total too) so he upped his game in that respect. Clubs will know what Devlin can do now and how disrupting the middle two will disrupt our whole team, so the'll be working on ways to make him less effective. So we'll see what level of player he really is in terms of his performances as the season progresses. He never hides though which is a great attitude to have. I think Motherwell targeted him, and every manager we play will be saying he likes to get involved with afters so they'll be trying to get him carded too. However, just by causing the opposing team to pay special attention to him and find ways to combat him makes him a valuable player for us.

2 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Unless the huns come up with big cash for Souttar (which they wont) I'd keep him until the end of the season.

100%.  We need Souttar and they can do one. He’s been brilliant since the announcement, thankfully the booing lasted only the one game and he’s giving 100% as we all knew he would. He will be fine for the cause if he stays until summer. Unless the hun bid a huge amount of course, which they won’t.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He doubled his assists total (and increased his "second assist" total too) so he upped his game in that respect. Clubs will know what Devlin can do now and how disrupting the middle two will disrupt our whole team, so the'll be working on ways to make him less effective. So we'll see what level of player he really is in terms of his performances as the season progresses. He never hides though which is a great attitude to have. I think Motherwell targeted him, and every manager we play will be saying he likes to get involved with afters so they'll be trying to get him carded too. However, just by causing the opposing team to pay special attention to him and find ways to combat him makes him a valuable player for us.

Great post. As you say opposition will be on the wind up. If he keeps the head he will be fine. Hopefully he can do that as it’ll make him

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

This. Sure they could probably have got him for 500k a week or two ago. Since then Halks got injured and Souttar has proved his head is in the right place to keep playing for us. Sorry, price is now 2m but for how long who knows... Dynamic pricing and all that.

I don't think we've even given Rangers a price they have to meet. If it was say 500-700k at the start of all this and before Halks got injured, which is probably realistic, I think we would have leaked that so Rangers fans might put pressure on their board to cough up.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Just need to wait and see. 

Guest ToqueJambo
42 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Deadly serious

He has a much better pedigree and background than Nathan Paterson - for example - and will have way more first team experience.

If Beni was playing for the OF the way he's started with us they'd already be valuing him in the millions.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just need to wait and see. 

Yup, its all we can do at the moment. Dont get me wrong I would love things to happen, but I have seen so many deadline days where we expect big things only for nothing to happen or like the summer where they announced Devlin who we all knew he was already signing. I just dont see any signs of it being anything other than no business (not to say that their will be things going on behind the scenes.)

Though even if nothing happens its been a great window.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

If Beni was playing for the OF the way he's started with us they'd already be valuing him in the millions.

Spot on would be making him out to be the next Victor Wanyama, £15-£20mil. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, its all we can do at the moment. Dont get me wrong I would love things to happen, but I have seen so many deadline days where we expect big things only for nothing to happen or like the summer where they announced Devlin who we all knew he was already signing. I just dont see any signs of it being anything other than no business (not to say that their will be things going on behind the scenes.)

Though even if nothing happens its been a great window.

Confident we will see at least 1 Come in. 

2 depending on things happening could be wrong. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

21 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Spot on.