** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

13 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Slightly off topic, but am I the only person who always hears Hugo Weaving's voice in their head when reading the bit in bold?

Not at all mate, its my surname as well so literally everyone that says my name i hear in the voice of Agent Smith 😁 

It's the sound of inevitability 😁

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Leveins Battalion

Cooks interview has not gone down well with Hibs fans,to a man they were calling on the club to sign him,now he’s shite 😭😭😭

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Cooks interview has not gone down well with Hibs fans,to a man they were calling on the club to sign him,now he’s shite 😭😭😭

:lol: 

4 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I know that’s why I mentioned Chelsea, as they are the obvious example. 

My other point is the rule doesn’t appear to do much to help the academy to first team pathway for clubs. 

This increased subs rule this season for example should have had a caveat the extra subs must be academy/under 21 players. 

EDIT - just checked Wiki and according to that Chelsea have 21 players out on loan  

I think the point of the rule is to stop clubs like Chelsea being able to hoover up loads of talent that they can't use, but that they're then able to control who that talent does actually play for by deciding which clubs they're willing to loan them out to. They probably also distort the market for other players as by hoovering up loads themselves, they leave the other clubs competing with each other for a smaller pool of talent than there would otherwise be!

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'd love to hear their arguments as to what he said wrong.

52 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I’ve got a feeling in the pit of my stomach that we’ve already signed him on a pre contract but are keeping it quiet.  Not wanting to put Ross county in the same position that the currants have put us and Souttar in.

I'd really like that. Signing other clubs best players is a good strategy, already tried and tested at this level and he's more than just treading water at a side you don't really expect to see do too much (no disrespect to RC). 

I think a few others have mentioned him already, but he'd be a great replacement for GMS. Young, hungry and rearing to go. 

I'd go so far as to say, could we do a deal this window with GMS going the other way? He's from up there anyway, so might not be reject it. 

LarrysRightFoot
19 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think the point of the rule is to stop clubs like Chelsea being able to hoover up loads of talent that they can't use, but that they're then able to control who that talent does actually play for by deciding which clubs they're willing to loan them out to. They probably also distort the market for other players as by hoovering up loads themselves, they leave the other clubs competing with each other for a smaller pool of talent than there would otherwise be!

But they do the same with youths is what I’m trying to get at. 

Edited by LarrysRightFoot

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I'd be looking at Cook as a replacement for GMS next season. 

Do a Souttar type deal  with him. 

Maybe we could do a swap with GMS and another player for him.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe we could do a swap with GMS and another player for him.

Makes sense in theory but GMS might have a say on that and his wages might be an issue. 

Let’s stop saying GMS can be used as any sort of makeweight in any deal with County. He turned down Aberdeen in the Premiership to play with us in the Championship in no small part due to being closer to family. So there’s no way GMS would agree to it. I understand the thinking, but it’s not going to happen and several people have already explained why.

Churchill Barrier
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Let’s stop saying GMS can be used as any sort of makeweight in any deal with County. He turned down Aberdeen in the Premiership to play with us in the Championship in no small part due to being closer to family. So there’s no way GMS would agree to it. I understand the thinking, but it’s not going to happen and several people have already explained why.

His family are from Thurso. Dingwall to Thurso isnt far

1 minute ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Wouldn’t like to walk it. Must be 100+ miles

1 minute ago, Churchill Barrier said:

His sister and brother in law stay in Edinburgh though. 

1 hour ago, Vansen said:

Not at all mate, its my surname as well so literally everyone that says my name i hear in the voice of Agent Smith 😁 

It's the sound of inevitability 😁

:rofl:

14 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

His close family are in Edinburgh and just outside I believe

14 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

He said Publicly his GF lives in Glasgow thats why he chose to sign for us.

We are making what looks like good signings so if we are lucky enough to get one more we know its likely to be another bit quality 

4 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

you making your tea early today ? 

No. I can only assume the Hearts social media team are waiting for me to do so though.

12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

🙂

Straight up, yes or no answer, in your knowledge are we announcing a signing today or tomorrow?

2 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Straight up, yes or no answer, in your knowledge are we announcing a signing today or tomorrow?

Maybe the full stop implies business is done for the window?

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

🙂

Waiting on your best mate appearing to try and break his 'most questions asked in a thread' record

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Maybe the full stop implies business is done for the window?

Keyboard down and then away and get your tea on then we’ll all find oot !!

16 minutes ago, Everybody Loves Baz! said:

The Stalker will be along in a minute.

Hope you're confident Bud :jjyay:

You beat me to it by about 15 minutes there 🤣

1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

Keyboard down and then away and get your tea on then we’ll all find oot !!

Hawd oan, it’s just past 4, I’m a wee bit off having my tea yet! Wouldn’t expect anything tonight anyway, makes more sense to do it on deadline day as fans are always wanting deadline day signings.

I do wonder who will be the first to stick their neck on the line and say someone is coming in or that no one is. Only posters so far that have shown proper knowledge are johnking123 and FFSJohn (who I’m convinced is the photographer). 

Hibs confirming McGrath so he will likely start Tuesday. Be good to get a signing in the bag.  

hope we have RCC in the bag, like him as a player and seems a good sort too off the pitch. 

39 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Waiting on your best mate appearing to try and break his 'most questions asked in a thread' record

😂

4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Guessing if we get someone it's a CH and Souttar's off.

Never heard of this Sutarsov… Russian I presume?

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Never heard of this Sutarsov… Russian I presume?

Sorry I mistyped. I want Hearts to sue Terzov. Right arsehole that guy.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Makes sense in theory but GMS might have a say on that and his wages might be an issue. 

I think GMS is from up that neck of the woods and with him being in his 30's now it might be time for him to head back nearer his home.

Their owner is a wealthy man and I am sure some of the players they have on loan must cost them a few bob.

As you may have realised I am not GMS's biggest fan and I just thought of it as a way to kill two birds with one stone. 😍

1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Sorry I mistyped. I want Hearts to sue Terzov. Right arsehole that guy.

Sue Terzov was a fantastic tennis player back in her day…

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I think GMS is from up that neck of the woods and with him being in his 30's now it might be time for him to head back nearer his home.

Their owner is a wealthy man and I am sure some of the players they have on loan must cost them a few bob.

As you may have realised I am not GMS's biggest fan and I just thought of it as a way to kill two birds with one stone. 😍

GMS also moved away from there when he was a teenager. You can’t just force someone to go somewhere because you don’t like him 

jambo-in-furness
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Sue Terzov was a fantastic tennis player back in her day…

Naw,  that was. Nic Erzov