** Hearts - January Transfer Window 2022 ** Toby Sibbick signs 3.5 year deal

Sertse

9 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I know that’s why I mentioned Chelsea, as they are the obvious example. 

My other point is the rule doesn’t appear to do much to help the academy to first team pathway for clubs. 

This increased subs rule this season for example should have had a caveat the extra subs must be academy/under 21 players. 

EDIT - just checked Wiki and according to that Chelsea have 21 players out on loan  

11 of those are 22 or over. So they’d be screwed! :pleased:

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 minutes ago, maggieb said:

So, what we need is for him to score plenty while looking not quite good enough for them ? For loan to extend?  Simple ?

We've got him until end of the season and if we can't keep him at least it gives us that time to identify someone to come in this summer 

4 minutes ago, maggieb said:

So, what we need is for him to score plenty while looking not quite good enough for them ? For loan to extend?  Simple ?

Pretty much. 🤣

Or for their strikers to be better or score more.  If they do get relegated, I can see him playing a lot in the Championship.

Not sure he'll be starting in the premiership next year if they stay up though.

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Sure someone said that if he does well he could be here beyond the end of the season, so maybe there's a possibility of getting on a season long loan next season if it suits everyone (which it might - I mean he looks good but don't know if he's Everton quality). 

You might be referring to my post and I am, in no way ITK. Just a feeling I had after he said he was excited at the prospect of playing European football.

Everton spend a lot of money on players each summer. If they stay in the top flight I can imagine them spending big on a forward, saying that, I can’t see him getting ahead of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison if they’re around next season. So would depend. They might still see him as too young and raw. Maybe even turn their noses up at the Scottish game a bit, if the latter is true they’d need to decide whether a stint in Europe would suit or if they think the Championship in England would be seen as a step up.

Jamboscanbevicius

Have to say, I was dead against giving Halliday a new contract, but I’ve been quite impressed with him recently. Looks focused and committed when he comes in despite not being a regular starter. If he’s happy with being a squad player I’d be tempted to give him another year. 

12 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

You might be referring to my post and I am, in no way ITK. Just a feeling I had after he said he was excited at the prospect of playing European football.

Nice one 👍🏻

If he's said that then considering we won't be playing European football until next season, that kinda suggests there's a chance he'll be back next season. Let's see what happens.... Maybe we've agreed that he'll come back next season if we qualify for UEL? 

Edited by Batistuta87

22 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We've got him until end of the season and if we can't keep him at least it gives us that time to identify someone to come in this summer 

20 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Pretty much. 🤣

Or for their strikers to be better or score more.  If they do get relegated, I can see him playing a lot in the Championship.

Not sure he'll be starting in the premiership next year if they stay up though.

🤞🏻

50 minutes ago, copa-mundial said:

On the talk of a great relationship with Everton. 

With the pending news of Lampard looking likely to be their new boss. 

Just like he did at Chelsea. He and Jody Moris will bring youth through or give them more opportunities in the first team. It's lampards mantra. 

It's not to say we won't get loan signings, but it may not be our initial first choice. 

I'm grateful we have Beni permanently for this reason. As I'd have no doubts they would be recalling him. 

Should Simms go on a good run from here, well..... 

I say enjoy him while he is here. 

Arguably, part of the reason lots of young players got a shot was because many of them had been on loan with him at Derby and so were “his” players and new his systems. This was also helpful at a club were the dressing room has previous for getting the manager sacked. Unfortunately his system was incapable of defending set plays or counters (lack of experience?) so he got binned anyway. 

Everton have big FFP issues. They need to shift folk to get folk in. Loaning out young talent easier than shifting faded stars on big contacts. They’re still chaotically run and don’t have Chelsea’s infinite pockets to buy-to-let all the young players in Europe. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, CMc said:

Arguably, part of the reason lots of young players got a shot was because many of them had been on loan with him at Derby and so were “his” players and new his systems. This was also helpful at a club were the dressing room has previous for getting the manager sacked. Unfortunately his system was incapable of defending set plays or counters (lack of experience?) so he got binned anyway. 

Everton have big FFP issues. They need to shift folk to get folk in. Loaning out young talent easier than shifting faded stars on big contacts. They’re still chaotically run and don’t have Chelsea’s infinite pockets to buy-to-let all the young players in Europe. 

They were also under a transfer embargo so couldn’t sign anyone and he to use what he had, the youngsters gave the team some much needed energy. 

jamboinglasgow

This is what the daily record is saying is Hearts position going into the last two days of the window

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-26082222

What do Hearts want?

While Hibs have been the capital's big movers on the transfer front, it's also been a quietly impressive window for Hearts.

The Jambos have tied down a number of important players to new deals while Nathaniel Atkinson, Ellis Simms and Toby Sibbick have bolstered Robbie Neilson's options.

They are believed to be keen on a new striker but the Edinburgh Evening News say they will only move for one if he "significantly improves" their current options.

Otherwise, it seems they're content with just Simms as backup for Liam Boyce.

It's also claimed they will only sign a new centre-back if John Souttar leaves this month, and there has been no fresh bid from Rangers as yet.

Jack Torrance
10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

We really should be trying to burn them for everything they can afford.

The ball is way more in our court now.🤘

Correct, that said, I'm not convinced we should sell him at all while the league is not mathematically out of reach. A very long shot agreed, but gives out the wrong signals to our competitors.

If we’re serious about making a difference and really competing, going forward, we have to play hard ball and maybe take the loss of a fee on the chin

32 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Have to say, I was dead against giving Halliday a new contract, but I’ve been quite impressed with him recently. Looks focused and committed when he comes in despite not being a regular starter. If he’s happy with being a squad player I’d be tempted to give him another year. 

My worry is he seems to have upped his game recently.

Hope it's not just until a new contract comes.

Was not long ago he was our scapegoat for most matches.

31 minutes ago, Australis said:

We’re never short of scapegoats. 😄

Jambo in Bathgate
40 minutes ago, Australis said:

Trouble is people always need someone to be a scapegoat. Sometimes a player is singled out because he openly says he supports another club and this is used as a stick to beat him. Halliday has scored some important goals for us in the last two seasons. His versatility plays against him. Unfortunately some fans like to have someone they can vent their unhappiness on. 

1 minute ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Trouble is people always need someone to be a scapegoat. Sometimes a player is singled out because he openly says he supports another club and this is used as a stick to beat him. Halliday has scored some important goals for us in the last two seasons. His versatility plays against him. Unfortunately some fans like to have someone they can vent their unhappiness on. 

This is unfortunately true (just look at the Taylor Moore thread), and although I’m not Halliday’s biggest fan and still not convinced he’s worth a contract extension given where we’re heading recruitment wise, I’m not going to say he played badly when he puts in a good performance. We’ve seen it in the past and we’ll see it again in the future, but despite a poor first half yesterday overall everyone fit pass marks. There can be honest criticism, that’s to be expected, but I’ll never understand the need to keep kicking at people. It’s like a stupid need to be proved right that a player is crap, I’ll never get it.

50 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is what the daily record is saying is Hearts position going into the last two days of the window

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-news-live-celtic-rangers-26082222

What do Hearts want?

While Hibs have been the capital's big movers on the transfer front, it's also been a quietly impressive window for Hearts.

The Jambos have tied down a number of important players to new deals while Nathaniel Atkinson, Ellis Simms and Toby Sibbick have bolstered Robbie Neilson's options.

They are believed to be keen on a new striker but the Edinburgh Evening News say they will only move for one if he "significantly improves" their current options.

Otherwise, it seems they're content with just Simms as backup for Liam Boyce.

It's also claimed they will only sign a new centre-back if John Souttar leaves this month, and there has been no fresh bid from Rangers as yet.

I'm content with Boyce as backup for Simms if we play with two wide men.

Jambo in Bathgate
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This is unfortunately true (just look at the Taylor Moore thread), and although I’m not Halliday’s biggest fan and still not convinced he’s worth a contract extension given where we’re heading recruitment wise, I’m not going to say he played badly when he puts in a good performance. We’ve seen it in the past and we’ll see it again in the future, but despite a poor first half yesterday overall everyone fit pass marks. There can be honest criticism, that’s to be expected, but I’ll never understand the need to keep kicking at people. It’s like a stupid need to be proved right that a player is crap, I’ll never get it.

👍

A number of English Championship teams were interested in Simms, with much bigger budgets than we have, Simms is a very highly thought of young player. 

Realistically we have very little chance of keeping Simms longer than the end of this season. We need to enjoy watching him whilst we have him and be very thankful that the recruitment team have managed to

secure him and pull off the signing. They really have done an excellent job with this one and I hope he enjoys his time up here and bangs in a load of goals for us.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Everton spend a lot of money on players each summer. If they stay in the top flight I can imagine them spending big on a forward, saying that, I can’t see him getting ahead of Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison if they’re around next season. So would depend. They might still see him as too young and raw. Maybe even turn their noses up at the Scottish game a bit, if the latter is true they’d need to decide whether a stint in Europe would suit or if they think the Championship in England would be seen as a step up.

Considering neither Calvert-Lewin nor Richarlison is exactly performing at the moment, and a new manager was incoming, you have to think Simms is either not in with much of a chance there, or they expect to loan him out for a few more years first, and not merely until this summer. Personally I hope Simms has a blinding 5 months, and Everton, if they do intend him to remain a loanee, recognise that a different club every 6 months is not the way to do it...

Edited by Spellczech

2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would be interesting to see if we could see if a deal is doable there. Unlikely, but always worth asking the question. Alternatively, getting a loan of him for next season for our run at Europe might appeal to him. 

Really liking what Simms has brought to our attack. Can see his quality. 

Bazzas right boot

I'd be looking at Cook as a replacement for GMS next season. 

Do a Souttar type deal  with him. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

A number of English Championship teams were interested in Simms, with much bigger budgets than we have, Simms is a very highly thought of young player. 

Realistically we have very little chance of keeping Simms longer than the end of this season. We need to enjoy watching him whilst we have him and be very thankful that the recruitment team have managed to

secure him and pull off the signing. They really have done an excellent job with this one and I hope he enjoys his time up here and bangs in a load of goals for us.

If we get in European group stages the calibre of loan player we can attract increases. 

English clubs will be keen to loan out their  better players to a team doing well and playing in Europe. 

Players will also be more keen to come to us on loan. 

Finishing 3rd- the financial reward along with European football really can be a game changer for a club like ours. 

We're all talking about conference league football but we'll be 1 tie away from the europa league stages - massive opportunity if we get a bit luck in the draw. 

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The laddie is definitely in the sort of age category we seem to be looking for and is still young enough to improve which is always good to see. 

I'd be keen for us to sign him too. 

Hopefully a deal could be done there as he'll no doubt have options. Europe surely a tempting pull factor for us though. 

Our performance in transfer dealings has improved 100% since Savage and Neilson were brought in. Every window we seem to get stronger.

41 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Spot on post.

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Agreed.

18 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Our performance in transfer dealings has improved 100% since Savage and Neilson were brought in. Every window we seem to get stronger.

Absolutely 

you look at Aberdeen, Hibs and Dundee still signing old journeyman like we were under Levein.  Only one direction they are going and it’s not the same one as us

goldiebackwash1985

Simms transfer value is £270k via Transfermarkt, conceivable with European income we could strike a deal with a right of first refusal or buy back option for Everton to make the deal more appealing in their eyes and maybe would also appeal to Simms

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Personally I'd be happy if window closed now without anymore incomings or outgoings

Absolutely,  what a terrific window, especially for Jan and including the resigning of some key players too.    Listening to Robbie,  it sounds like there is the possibility of one more but only if they 'significantly improve' on what we have got - so maybe a wow signing IF it comes off.    This is separate to his comment on another defender if Souttar goes.    Feels like good times now for sure!

17 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Charles-Cook name checking us in an interview as “one of the big three” 

Wonder if there is some interest there. 

Ha, I noticed that too 🤔😬

1 hour ago, SM Sheffield said:

I don’t see how we have very little change, Chance to become number 1 striker for a European team! I think Savage & Neilson sell the team far better than half our support do! Unless it’s a top top championship or a biggish team coming down from the premiership (Newcastle) then I think we have as big a chance as any other team in the championship of getting him! His wage demand might be the only stumbling block 

25 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Charles-Cook name checking us in an interview as “one of the big three” 

Wonder if there is some interest there. 

Massively impressed with him & one of the main reasons County have scored the same amount of goals as us! Think he could improve as well 

jambo-in-furness
5 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Here’s the interview, as mentioned above 👆🏻 

I’ve got a feeling in the pit of my stomach that we’ve already signed him on a pre contract but are keeping it quiet.  Not wanting to put Ross county in the same position that the currants have put us and Souttar in.

2 minutes ago, campbell said:

Massively impressed with him & one of the main reasons County have scored the same amount of goals as us! Think he could improve as well 

I could see.him fitting very well in this Hearts team, if we want him, we will be in pole position over Hibs and Aberdeen bit an offer might come in from England or maybe even one of the old Firm

Leveins Battalion

Cook seems like a good sort aswell,like a Sibbick,Atkinson,Devlin or Simms,all got great attitudes.

I think he would suit Hearts and really kick on.

11 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Here’s the interview, as mentioned above 👆🏻 

Was just about to post this, I reckon we've been having chats with him about signing

Just now, Sertse said:

Was just about to post this, I reckon we've been having chats with him about signing

If he does sign for Hibs that might well come back to haunt him. 😄

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If he does sign for Hibs that might well come back to haunt him. 😄

If he signs for that lot then he's shite, thems the rules🤣

Leveins Battalion
Just now, Sertse said:

If he signs for that lot then he's shite, thems the rules🤣

A Demi style badge pump and all is forgiven😂

IF he signs a pre-contract with us I can see it not being announced until later in the season. Have a feeling Charles-Cook will want to stay with County until the end of the season to help them in the relegation battle and we would respect that. 

8 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I’ve got a feeling in the pit of my stomach that we’ve already signed him on a pre contract but are keeping it quiet.  Not wanting to put Ross county in the same position that the currants have put us and Souttar in.

After Roy McGregors pish when we were expelled from the division, I certainly hope we wouldn't give him that courtesy