• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

18 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Some crap hibs cliche phrases:

Pink bus shelter

Yams

S#ite glorious s#ite. 

Their patter is shocking 

The shite glorious shite bantz was incredible cringe. I was embarrassed for them.

3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye he is.

That's why he is always on here 😉

Poor wumman. Or maybe a lucky wumman. ****ing relentless 😃

3 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Pink bus shelter

Yams

S#ite glorious s#ite. 

Their patter is shocking 

What is the yam patter? I don't get it??

3 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

When we came back from Australia I kept using a few Aussie sayings like "look" and "no worries mate" 

We had been there for 3 weeks....

:vrface:

I try not to. But after 20 years almost apparently my family think I sound Australian but they are always saying “ beg yours?” or “sorry?” Aye mental. How long before Devlin is saying “Aye” and “ken likes eh.” 

1 hour ago, fila said:

Just bring it on, never feared them , never will

You’ll be able to watch it in a pub at least in QLD. We’re still screwed here in country NSW. 

I wonder if these melts who dress in black and bounce up and down singing about one cup win will be there. Maybe dance under the bridge on the way. Utter cringe fest 

Horatio Caine

Hibernian are awaiting news of Martin Boyle after the winger missed Australia's win over Vietnam with a hamstring injury that could mean he misses Sunday's Edinburgh derby with Hearts. (The Scotsman)

Mind games have begun.  I don't believe a word of the above.

7 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Hibernian are awaiting news of Martin Boyle after the winger missed Australia's win over Vietnam with a hamstring injury that could mean he misses Sunday's Edinburgh derby with Hearts. (The Scotsman)

Mind games have begun.  I don't believe a word of the above.

Did he fall ?

🥴

Just now, Boab said:

Did he fall ?

🥴

Banged his head on the back of his own foot,got his timing a but wrong.

Ronald Villiers

They are a bunch of roasters with their shite patter.  I work with one of them and although he tries to hide it his bitterness is obvious.  He cannae help but mention that every player we sign is crap, Tynie isn't finished, we're skint, we're being forced to pledge to FOH, we bought the Scottish Cup, the 7-0 game was the greatest ever derby etc.  He's one of those that has the knack of not watching derby's that we win but does watch the few that they win.  He even said yesterday that he had honestly never heard of Barrie McKay and that he likely wouldn't make the bench.  By some of the stuff he says he clearly snoops about on this site.  I didn't want to name him, however, Stevie Waddell from Bathgate, you're a bitter twat.  

13 hours ago, mscjambo said:

They are confident. I like that.

They never wanted Barrie McKay apparently. 

According to their fans, they have superior players in every department..

They are utterly deluded. 

Still use terms like the bus shelter and  yams. Really a bunch of weirdos.

I wonder how that hibs supporters league is going....lol

bringonthesevco
2 minutes ago, RDSK said:

Gordon

Souttar Halkett Kingsley

Smith Beni Halliday Cochrane

Gino Boyce GMS

I’d have Woodburn in there but even going with your suggestion, we’d have one of our strongest benches for a long time

Gnando

woodburn

McKay

McEneff

Haring

Devlin

Stewart

happy days are here again !!

13 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:
Originally Posted by monarch:
It puzzles me that they always seem more confident than us. Probably due to delusion being part of their DNA.

Lets concentrate on the positives. We’re going for our third win in a row at the Tinydome and we’ve finished above them in the league for the last four seasons. Mention these facts to a Jambo and their first reaction is to disbelieve. They obsess with each other on how great they are (big team/wee team nonsense) but don’t deal with reality.

They’re more confident because they get good results against us.😂

The Tinydome!

I guess that is their comeback to The Methadome.

:cornette:

For a fanbase that style themselves as warrior poets their banter is absolutely feckin chronic, and is usually derivative of something we've said but done in a butt clenchingly naff way.

H1B5 === HEAR7S 

:cornette_dog:

Hibsed it === Jam bottlers 

:bwcornette:

Pictures of Hearts fans and celebs doing '5-1' all around the world after the biggest derby in history === pictures of them doing 1-0 when they knocked us out the cup the next season.

:cornette:  

Can anyone else think of examples?

I'm sure there are loads more.

19 minutes ago, bringonthesevco said:

I’d have Woodburn in there but even going with your suggestion, we’d have one of our strongest benches for a long time

Gnando

woodburn

McKay

McEneff

Haring

Devlin

Stewart

happy days are here again !!

love it!

Just not sure I’d drop GMS. Granted, he goes through spells in games where he doesn’t do a whole lot. He does, however, seem to be good for 1 key moment per league game.

Celtic - goal

St Mirren - assist 

Aberdeen - penalty won

Dundee United - penalty won

That leaves Gino, who could terrorise Stevenson or Doig on his day. I guess the question is whether we leave him on the bench to introduce later on? Ben’s day will come but I’d probably go with Gino for this one. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Dont expect many changes for this, if Kingsley is back, expect him to play to give that balance on the left side of defence.

Gordon in goal, wing backs of Smith and Cochrane, a central defensive trio of Souttar, Halkett and Kingsley, Halkett will stay while doing well, Moore must wait.

Baningime and Haring to patrol the middle

Woodburn, GMS and Boyce to run riot.

Which leaves a tidy bench indeed. Stewart, Moore, Halliday, Devlin, Ginnelly, Gnanduillet and McEneff. Dont think we will see McKay just yet, I dont have Pollock on that bench either, suddenly from no options on the bench against Aberdeen other than Walker or McEneff, I had to pick between them who got on the bench, things are looking good :)

1 hour ago, 160598 said:

In all the chat and teams posted does noone see Halliday playing a part in this game ? Derbys always require the dirty work to be done

No. I think it’s all a myth that he does the dirty work. His only meaningful contributions come from the left hand side and he’s only back-up there. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I’m sure one of the stattos could provide info on his tackles won, blocks, duals, distance covered etc  and I’d bet it’s nowhere near impressive. 

14 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:
Originally Posted by monarch:
It puzzles me that they always seem more confident than us. Probably due to delusion being part of their DNA.

Lets concentrate on the positives. We’re going for our third win in a row at the Tinydome and we’ve finished above them in the league for the last four seasons. Mention these facts to a Jambo and their first reaction is to disbelieve. They obsess with each other on how great they are (big team/wee team nonsense) but don’t deal with reality.

They’re more confident because they get good results against us.😂

😂😂 

Ok, firstly, he can’t even get his ‘facts’ right.

They haven’t finished above us the last 4 seasons in a row.  It’s been 3 in a row for them. 

3 of the last 6 seasons, we haven’t even been in the same 🦆ing  league 🙈 (2 of those 3 seasons, hibs were still trying to get out the championship, eventually escaping after 3 seasons there 😮).

Here are some ‘facts’ for any hobo looking in - In the last 40 years;

Hearts have finished 2nd on 4 occasions and finished 3rd on 8 occasions.

Hibs have finished 2nd on zero occasions and 3rd on 4 occasions.

Hearts have been relegated twice and demoted once and spent 4 seasons in the championship.

Hibs have been relegated twice and spent 5 seasons in the championship.

Secondly, we don’t obsess with each other regarding how ‘great we are’. In fact, quite the opposite!

But the fact of the matter is, the Edinburgh derby record is so ridiculously one sided, it’s hard to even call it a rivalry.

We have won more matches at Tynecastle.

We have won more matches at Easter Road.

We have won all matches at Hampden.

But they ‘own’ their training ground (well Ron the Con does) and we don’t so all of the above doesn’t matter 🙃

Anyway - as for Sunday - From Hibs fans I have spoken to, I think they truly believe we are still the same 💩 team we were under Leveins tenure/the previous regime. They are confident. Just the way I like them.

The away team in this fixture has had the upper hand the last few seasons but I think that may change this weekend 😏🇱🇻

16 hours ago, bringonthesevco said:

I’m not sure Walker even makes the squad…

Gordon

souttar 

halkett

kingsley

smith

cochrane

beni

haring

woodburn

ginnelly

boyce

subs

Gnando

GMS

McKay

halliday

McEneff

Moore

Stewart

you might swap a few of the subs for starters but where does Walker fit ??

Two words that don't go together in more than one way sadly.

I can't see where he adds to the team personally.

48 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Dont expect many changes for this, if Kingsley is back, expect him to play to give that balance on the left side of defence.

Gordon in goal, wing backs of Smith and Cochrane, a central defensive trio of Souttar, Halkett and Kingsley, Halkett will stay while doing well, Moore must wait.

Which leaves a tidy bench indeed. Stewart, Moore, Halliday, Devlin, Ginnelly, Gnanduillet and McEneff. Dont think we will see McKay just yet, I dont have Pollock on that bench either, suddenly from no options on the bench against Aberdeen other than Walker or McEneff, I had to pick between them who got on the bench, things are looking good :)

Just what I was thinking - someones gonna be pissed off

August Landmesser

From hibs.net; 

"Just been up to collect my tickets. Guy standing in middle of road shouting abuse at passing people/cars. Guy in queue said he was high on lighter gas.

Got my tickets and as I was leaving could hear shouts of put the hammer down. So I drove off and managed to pass some police who I sent up to the situation."

A normal week in Lochend then.

15 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Pink bus shelter

Yams

S#ite glorious s#ite. 

Their patter is shocking 

You missed obsessed. Yet their forum has bigger threads about us and our signings than the one about the actual game on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

I think Halliday will play. 

August Landmesser
15 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Pink bus shelter

Yams

S#ite glorious s#ite. 

Their patter is shocking 

Add 'tiny pitch' and 'poppy thieves' to that list! 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Haring would be out in that case, he will want Cochrane wide, best crosser and passer in the team.

15 hours ago, sac said:

I think we have better players man for man, Sunday will prove it.

I agree.  Obviously this will be tinged with bias, but at the very least some I choose the maroon, are debatable.  I also admit to not having seen too much of them and googling their last starting XI!

Curve here is differing formations so I'll compare as like for like as poss.

Gordon > Macey - not even close

Smith = McGinn - but only cos Smudge is playing RWB - I'd have Smith as RB in a 4 over McGinn

Souttar >>>>> Porteous - like >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x 1000000000

Halkett = McGregor - not much in it probably

Kingsley = Doig - tempted to say Kingsley better, but it depends what you want.  3 at the back for us make this tricky, but Kingsley better defender by a distance

Haring > Gogic - not even close

Beni > Doyle-Hayes - have to admit, not seen DH, but no way he's better than Beni.  No one is!

Woodburn = Doyle - thing is Woodburn is going to achieve more in his career (is a better player) than Doyle, but we can't argue with Doyle's effectiveness for Hibs.  You could say Doyle is better simply due to his record and it'd be hard to argue, but then the counter is would he get on Liverpool's bench!!

Gino > Murphy - I actually quite like Murphy, but Gino is going to terrorise Doig.  Soapy and Smith will handle Murphy fine

Boyce = Nisbet - bit like Woodburn/Doyle here.  Boyce I think is a better player, but Nisbet is a danger.  Not much in it.

Only 10 players listed there as the next comparison would be Magennis and Cochrane, which doesn't really work.  Magennis a decent player, though and one we have to restrict on space (Beni custom built for this)

No science there, but I think we have probably 4 players who are quite indisputably better than their opposite number.  The others are much of a muchness, depends what you're looking for.  Hibs may end up with 2 better in their position than our choice if you were pushed but it isn't as clear as the ones we have who are better.

We also have a strong bench.  Gnando, GMS, McEneff, Moore, McKay or Walker.  Not sure they have that depth (Scott Allan is a good player and can make something happen and they have the new lad Scott who seems rated, but beyond that very little).

The big caveat here is HOW the teams play.  We go out knowing we're better, playing like we know it and get tore in, we win.  We don't do that, we give them a chance.  Simple as that for me.

Final point, it'll be posturing, but if Doyle is out, they're in trouble.  If we were missing, say Ginnelly or even Boyce, I think we'd be in a position to absorb it.  Only Soapy or Gordon would worry me being out.  Maybe Beni but even then, we have CM cover - even Halliday for a game like this.

42 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He probably will but he shouldn't be in the starting eleven with the players we have brought in.

1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

Seemingly hit his head of the diving board 

Then his wee wig fell off apparently. 😉.

3 hours ago, Ronald Villiers said:

They are a bunch of roasters with their shite patter.  I work with one of them and although he tries to hide it his bitterness is obvious.  He cannae help but mention that every player we sign is crap, Tynie isn't finished, we're skint, we're being forced to pledge to FOH, we bought the Scottish Cup, the 7-0 game was the greatest ever derby etc.  He's one of those that has the knack of not watching derby's that we win but does watch the few that they win.  He even said yesterday that he had honestly never heard of Barrie McKay and that he likely wouldn't make the bench.  By some of the stuff he says he clearly snoops about on this site.  I didn't want to name him, however, Stevie Waddell from Bathgate, you're a bitter twat.  

A hibby from Bathgate? No wonder he's bitter...

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Haring would be out in that case, he will want Cochrane wide, best crosser and passer in the team.

Wee Baz will have something to say about that. 

yansinjambo365

Would like to see us go with width on Sunday and stretch them, Gino and GMS both to start with McKay off the bench. Woodburn in behind Boyce 👍

portobellojambo1

I don't think it will be a classic, very few of these derby games are, two exceptions within the very few being the semi final back in 2006 and final in 2012. But there again in such games I'm happy to sit and watch even relatively boring games, which can become a bit of a grind at times. This weekend I would, of course, love to see us win comfortably, but would be just as happy if come the end of the game it finishes in a 1-0 home win.

51 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

30 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

He probably will but he shouldn't be in the starting eleven with the players we have brought in.

I agree with you both. I wouldn’t be surprised if he changes the formation to accommodate Beni Harring and Halliday some sort of 5-3-1-1 look to create width with the wing backs and those 3 to hold midfield with Woodburn and Boyce up front. He’ll worry too much about Allan Boyle and Nisbet and potentially nullify our attacking threat.

As always with Neilson in these games I worry he’ll shake hands on a draw and be pleased with the days work.

2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Just in case no one else has posted this.

The wee laddies puss, epic😀😀

46 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think it will be a classic, very few of these derby games are, two exceptions within the very few being the semi final back in 2006 and final in 2012. But there again in such games I'm happy to sit and watch even relatively boring games, which can become a bit of a grind at times. This weekend I would, of course, love to see us win comfortably, but would be just as happy if come the end of the game it finishes in a 1-0 home win.

Due a turn against  them at tynecastle, 2-1 hearts poss 3-1....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Not sure if the term classic should be used for those two games as good as they were, a classic would be the 4:4 game or any other close game with goals like Miko scoring the winner in a 3:2 win. 

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Never seen a boring Derby game..........but then that's just my overexcitable self 😎

38 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure if the term classic should be used for those two games as good as they were, a classic would be the 4:4 game or any other close game with goals like Miko scoring the winner in a 3:2 win. 

Curled it into the top corner? If it’s the one in my head that was some finish so near the end of the game.