• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why is a back 4 defensive? 

Are all managers that play with a back 4 defensive? 

I never seen Robbie signaling to sit back and defend for the rest of the game did you? 

Depends if you had your Robbie tinted specs on Tosh….😎

55 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That was in response to D Utd coming out strongly in the 2nd half wasn't it? It worked. They didn't create any real clear chances and we then wrapped up the game. As said a back 4 isn't necessarily more defensive.

I was referring to the Aberdeen game!

20 hours ago, Walrus said:

Spoke to my brother in law and his dad at my niece's birthday party today, both Hibbys, both would very much take a draw next week.  

I'm sure they would, but they're going to be disappointed.

I can't imagine me ever going into a derby and being ready to take a draw.  FTH

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Not if none of the @$$ cheeks are top.

2020 will mean nothing. Only the government will shut it down and then the league will have an out. No way we win a shortened league caused by a pandemic. 

Wouldn't take it anyway. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Wouldn't take it anyway. 

I’d take it in a heartbeat. If Sheltic can claim it as 9 in a row and Rangers can claim their first to be their 50 whatever’th then I’d lose no sleep in being the third club in 3 years to win our league. **** them all. 
HHGH

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

We had to take a 'relegation' as our medicine (and a shortened Championship season), so would quite happily accept the league flag after half a dozen or so games. Of course, should any other team find themselves top, then it would be a travesty of justice.

1 minute ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

I’d take it in a heartbeat. If Sheltic can claim it as 9 in a row and Rangers can claim their first to be their 50 whatever’th then I’d lose no sleep in being the third club in 3 years to win our league. **** them all. 
HHGH

I'd want us to publicly out it as a sham. Ridicule the process. 

Then put the trophy in the cabinet and add it to put trophy tally. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Well, of course!

Perhaps ask Vlad to do a special guest appearance to life the trophy?

😁😁

Or a beam back from his lair. 

Everyone celebrating with Putin on karaoke belting out the Hearts song in Russian. 

40 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

😁😁

Or a beam back from his lair. 

Everyone celebrating with Putin on karaoke belting out the Hearts song in Russian. 

Can you even imagine? 😄

В гостях в Горги в парке Тайнкасл
Есть маленькая футбольная команда, которая оставит свой след
Они завоевали все награды в футбольном искусстве.
И нет другой команды, которая сравнивает с Сердцами

H-E-A-R-T-S

Если вы не можете произнести это по буквам, то послушайте, что там написано ...

Сердца, сердца, славные сердца
Они ждут в Тайнкасле
Разговор мультяшек - это мальчики в бордовом
Amd Auld Reekie поддерживает их с гордостью

Alternative (non-Cyrillic) spelling:-

V gostyakh v Gorgi v parke Taynkasl
Yest' malen'kaya futbol'naya komanda, kotoraya ostavit svoy sled
Oni zavoyevali vse nagrady v futbol'nom iskusstve.
I net drugoy komandy, kotoraya sravnivayet s Serdtsami

H-E-A-R-T-S

Yesli vy ne mozhete proiznesti eto po bukvam, to poslushayte, chto tam napisano ...

Serdtsa, serdtsa, slavnyye serdtsa
Oni zhdut v Taynkasle
Razgovor mul'tyashek - eto mal'chiki v bordovom
Amd Auld Reekie podderzhivayet ikh s gordost'yu

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Can you even imagine? 😄

В гостях в Горги в парке Тайнкасл
Есть маленькая футбольная команда, которая оставит свой след
Они завоевали все награды в футбольном искусстве.
И нет другой команды, которая сравнивает с Сердцами

H-E-A-R-T-S

Если вы не можете произнести это по буквам, то послушайте, что там написано ...

Сердца, сердца, славные сердца
Они ждут в Тайнкасле
Разговор мультяшек - это мальчики в бордовом
Amd Auld Reekie поддерживает их с гордостью

Alternative (non-Cyrillic) spelling:-

V gostyakh v Gorgi v parke Taynkasl
Yest' malen'kaya futbol'naya komanda, kotoraya ostavit svoy sled
Oni zavoyevali vse nagrady v futbol'nom iskusstve.
I net drugoy komandy, kotoraya sravnivayet s Serdtsami

H-E-A-R-T-S

Yesli vy ne mozhete proiznesti eto po bukvam, to poslushayte, chto tam napisano ...

Serdtsa, serdtsa, slavnyye serdtsa
Oni zhdut v Taynkasle
Razgovor mul'tyashek - eto mal'chiki v bordovom
Amd Auld Reekie podderzhivayet ikh s gordost'yu

:greatpost:

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:greatpost:

Well, I'm seriously considering bringing both Vlad AND Robbie along to our up-coming top of the table clash.

Screenshot_20210906-172300_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210906-172308_Gallery.jpg

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Well, I'm seriously considering bringing both Vlad AND Robbie along to our up-coming top of the table clash.

😁😁

I lost out on Billie 😭

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

😁😁

I lost out on Billie 😭

You love her, don’t you?

😍😍

The word I'm focusing on is sharp.  That's the opposite of laboured.

I understand from this forum that the Bens and Woodburn will be razor sharp.  All the others need to follow.  First to the loose ball.  Great running off the ball.  Slick passing.  And if we get half a look at goal, smash it.

That's my game plan.  Hope Robbie's isn't too different.

And Halkett is overdue a goal.

Cannae wait.

Ffs it’s only Tuesday morning and I’m already hyped for this game. Pushing the boat out for the European lounge for this one. Anything less than 3 points and I’ll be disappointed and that’s as mild as I can put it. Heart says 4-1 to us and the head says…4-1 to us too, funnily enough. We need to go at them for the full 90 and no quarter given. School end being empty with 25 mins to go will be so pleasing. 

I hope jack tosser brings plenty lube for his players as they’ll need it. We’re going to tear them a new one. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hard game. 

Agree. 

Whisper it- but I think their on for 3 in a row at Tynecastle. 😱

The fixture taken a strange turn - the away team has had the edge. 

Our only away victories were also at ER  on our demotion season. 

Time to put that right. 

Brick Tamland

They have played Ross County & Livingston at home, both of whom are shite. They drew with Dundee away and also beat Motherwell away who are equally as shite. 

So they haven’t played anyone decent yet or in a full stadium. 
We on the other hand have beaten Celtic at home and Dundee Utd and St Midden away and drew with Aberdeen at home so I would say we have been tested and have come through with flying colours.
We have also played in front of a packed stadium, a first for a few of our own players, and now they know what it’s like they will be absolutely buzzing for more whilst the H1b5 sphincters will be like a broken cat flap. 
They will have their moments in the game but overall a comfortable 3-0 to us. 
FTH

Only Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

They have played Ross County & Livingston at home, both of whom are shite. They drew with Dundee away and also beat Motherwell away who are equally as shite. 

So they haven’t played anyone decent yet or in a full stadium. 
We on the other hand have beaten Celtic at home and Dundee Utd and St Midden away and drew with Aberdeen at home so I would say we have been tested and have come through with flying colours.
We have also played in front of a packed stadium, a first for a few of our own players, and now they know what it’s like they will be absolutely buzzing for more whilst the H1b5 sphincters will be like a broken cat flap. 
They will have their moments in the game but overall a comfortable 3-0 to us. 
FTH

Only Hearts. 

We have had the tougher fixtures but this match tends to live outside such rational analysis. They’ve looked bright going forward but not so solid in defence. A tough match where a draw is a distinct possibility. 

Gordon

Halkett  Souttar Cochrane

Haring    Beni
Smith                                      Kingsley

Woodburn    Boyce    GMS

Swapped Cochrane and Kingsley around as I feel we will get the best out of both players that way. 

Ginelly on for Woodburn last 30 mins once their defence is tiring a bit.

Halliday or Devlin to come on for Haring if he’s not up to speed, both will put a shift in. 

Edited by Ted Hastings

21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We have had the tougher fixtures but this match tends to live outside such rational analysis. They’ve looked bright going forward but not so solid in defence. A tough match where a draw is a distinct possibility. 

Oh, it'll be a tough match one way or another; but, having watched the Hibs games thus far, I honestly think that we have better players in every position. What's more, for the first time in ages the pre-match line ups suggested on this thread all look good, and each one leaves us with a pretty solid bench (the one posted by @Ted Hastingsabove - as I write - being the latest example).

Although I wouldn't want our opponents to have a ready-made 'excuse', does anyone have ITK info on the fitness of Boyle & Nesbit? The former is obviously a threat, albeit one whom I think we can deal with (I'm hoping that the ref will be up to speed regarding his constant diving), and the latter hasn't really set the heather alight. As for their defence? That fella Porteous has 'red card' written all over him. If I were a betting person then I'd stick a fiver on GMS getting clobbered by that donkey and making it 3 pens won in a row. GMS may very well be a tad 'lightweight', but he has quick feet.

2 hours ago, barty said:

Can't wait for this, coming up from Chesterfield for my first  Scottish Derby, hoping our former player Gnando grabs the winner.

Good on ya! Yer man Gnando has recent form as regards grabbing the winner so I'm hoping that, again, he's in the right place at the right time. In case you missed it:-

15 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

:rofl:

That is superb.

48 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Oh, it'll be a tough match one way or another; but, having watched the Hibs games thus far, I honestly think that we have better players in every position. What's more, for the first time in ages the pre-match line ups suggested on this thread all look good, and each one leaves us with a pretty solid bench (the one posted by @Ted Hastingsabove - as I write - being the latest example).

Although I wouldn't want our opponents to have a ready-made 'excuse', does anyone have ITK info on the fitness of Boyle & Nesbit? The former is obviously a threat, albeit one whom I think we can deal with (I'm hoping that the ref will be up to speed regarding his constant diving), and the latter hasn't really set the heather alight. As for their defence? That fella Porteous has 'red card' written all over him. If I were a betting person then I'd stick a fiver on GMS getting clobbered by that donkey and making it 3 pens won in a row. GMS may very well be a tad 'lightweight', but he has quick feet.

Get into the ref’s mind by highlighting his diving pre-match. Boy’s a cheat.

Everyone uses mind games these days. Get it up them ! 

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Get into the ref’s mind by highlighting his diving pre-match. Boy’s a cheat.

Everyone uses mind games these days. Get it up them ! 

One thing for sure: they don't like it up 'em!

Going by the law of averages alone we win, they've won their last 2 away derbies. Unlike us, they are incapable of putting a longer run together. I'm 32, that's probably their best run of away derbies in my life time.

Not to mention there's only about 2 of their starting 11 would get a game for us. 

16 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

:rofl: 

Hearts just announced skyline restaurant will be closed rest of week due to staff shortages due to staff isolation, pity as would have been rammed

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Ted Hastings said:

Gordon

Halkett  Souttar Cochrane

Haring    Beni
Smith                                      Kingsley

Woodburn    Boyce    GMS

Swapped Cochrane and Kingsley around as I feel we will get the best out of both players that way. 

Ginelly on for Woodburn last 30 mins once their defence is tiring a bit.

Halliday or Devlin to come on for Haring if he’s not up to speed, both will put a shift in. 

Re Cochrane and Kingsley I was thinking the same. I think Cochrane has played 3 times at LCB. First game or two he looked a bit shaky. Last week he looked really strong in that position.

It makes sense that as he gets used to the game up here he would adapt to LWB more easy than LCB but I’m confident now he can play well there and Kingsley should be more effective as LWB - although he has don’t nothing wrong at LCB.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearts just announced skyline restaurant will be closed rest of week due to staff shortages due to staff isolation, pity as would have been rammed

Do you still have to isolate for 10 days if pinged? I thought you just got a PCR and if clear you can carry on?

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Re Cochrane and Kingsley I was thinking the same. I think Cochrane has played 3 times at LCB. First game or two he looked a bit shaky. Last week he looked really strong in that position.

It makes sense that as he gets used to the game up here he would adapt to LWB more easy than LCB but I’m confident now he can play well there and Kingsley should be more effective as LWB - although he has don’t nothing wrong at LCB.

Agreed. The vast majority of Hibs threat comes down that side so I'm sure those two could cope. No doubt they'll target Cochrane but with Kingsley or Moore helping I'm sure he'll deal with it. Kingsley also is a better crosser and dead ball hitter.

25 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Do you still have to isolate for 10 days if pinged? I thought you just got a PCR and if clear you can carry on?

only if you have had both vaccines and it has been at least 14 days since the second one

26 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed. The vast majority of Hibs threat comes down that side so I'm sure those two could cope. No doubt they'll target Cochrane but with Kingsley or Moore helping I'm sure he'll deal with it. Kingsley also is a better crosser and dead ball hitter.

You're spot-on there! If Kingsley does this on Sunday, then he'll be a legend:-

https://fb.watch/7S-IAJz52q/

But, he can also chip in in other ways:-

Boyle is fit apparently, better get the lifebuoys laid out round the

pitch.

Still hearing this chat about it being even since admin, anyone got the stats on that one?

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Boyle is fit apparently, better get the lifebuoys laid out round the

pitch.

Still hearing this chat about it being even since admin, anyone got the stats on that one?

it was a hamstring issue hopefully if he plays for the aussies he breaks down or better still pulls up after five minutes on sunday