****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

19 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Live on the telly here.

ย 

Thought you'd all like to know.

So, that'll be 21:00 your time? You can spend the entire day getting smashed.

ย 

๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿป๐Ÿท๐Ÿพ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿบ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

12 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

So, that'll be 21:00 your time? You can spend the entire day getting smashed.

ย 

๐Ÿบ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿป๐Ÿท๐Ÿพ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿบ

Feckin 4am kickoff fur me!๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฅบ
in a hotel room so nae screamin at the telly lest I wake up the wife and neighbours๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by Canscot

23 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Feckin 4am kickoff fur me!๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿฅบ
in a hotel room so nae screamin at the telly lest I wake up the wife and neighbours๐Ÿ˜‚

Hopefully, you wake everyone up 5 times + once ironically whilst cheering Hibs' consolation goal. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Malinga the Swinga

Let's go for a 3-0 victory for Heart of Midlothian. Two for Boyce and one for GMS.

Hibs down to 10 by end of game.

Some posters still complain that we were too defensive.

Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

This is the thing, trusting the players. If we get in front and seem to be really pressing, he just needs to let it flow sometimes. And I mean any game.ย 
ย 

As long as itโ€™s not cavalry charge and we neglect defensive shape, let players just play with their own intelligence and find a rhythm. ย Our previous managers did. They knew a good thing and sometimes just let players get on with it instead of constant micro managing. ย 

Maybe he didnโ€™t trust the players we had to really play how he wants to? Maybe they couldnโ€™t - it didnโ€™t look like it a lot of the time. He canโ€™t exactly come out and say that though in โ€œrealย timeโ€.

ย 

But actions speak louder than words and actions suggest he didnโ€™t.ย 

Edited by Tom Hardyโ€™s Dug

queensferryjambo
35 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Suspectย a draw but a win would be massive. Biggest derby I can recall for a long time.ย 

ย 

Loads of people keep saying this and I just don't get it.

ย 

The last derby game was a Scottish Cup semi final with incredible circumstances in the run up that had every Hearts fan fuming. Making the victory all the sweeterย :)ย 

ย 

One derby game ago was probably the biggest derby since 19/05/12.

HeartsandonlyHearts

7am kick off here. Son in law and at least 3 other US Hearts converts coming over to witness an absolute hammering for the green $#!te.

1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

ย 

The last derby game was a Scottish Cup semi final with incredible circumstances in the run up that had every Hearts fan fuming. Making the victory all the sweeterย :)ย 

ย 

What constitutesย big, bigger, biggest in terms of derby matches is subjective, and I agree with you that last season's delayed Cup Semi-Final win was indeed special ... forย soย many reasons.

ย 

I'm guessing that most would agree that 'biggest' (thus far) belongs to the 2012 Cup Final. Thankfully, choosing whichย Hibs Cup hiding at Hampden courtesy of Heartsย is next biggest needn't cause consternation. ๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

Beyond that, it is typically down to 'bragging rights' although certain unique circumstances (e.g. Hibs' embarrassing 'Relegation Derby' defeat, not to mention the follow-up at Albion Place) can elevate certain games well beyond simply bragging rights

ย 

But, I reckon that, generally speaking, theย nextย derby is the most important one; andย thisย next derby more so than usual seeing as a win would put us clear at the top of theย table ... at the expense of Hibs.

ย 

โคโคGโค

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

League game derby wise Sunday is massive given both sides good start and it's a first league meeting for 18 months. Not as high stakes as a cup derby but still very high.ย 

6 hours ago, JackLadd said:

ย 

League game derby wise Sunday is massive given both sides good start and it's a first league meeting for 18 months. Not as high stakes as a cup derby but still very high.ย 

Any winner goes clear top. Not many derbies with that potentialย outcome in my lifetime.ย 

Ronald Villiers

They seem to ooze bitterness about us being the big team.ย  They would need to beat us every game over the next 14 and a half years or so to equal the amount of victories we've had over them.ย  And that is based on 4 games a season, so would more thanย likely take longer.ย  Throw in the big horsings we've handed out, particularly in important matches, and the larger fan base (who contribute towards their club), there is no contest.ย  They've always been in our shadow.ย ย 

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

This is the thing, trusting the players. If we get in front and seem to be really pressing, he just needs to let it flow sometimes. And I mean any game.ย 
ย 

As long as itโ€™s not cavalry charge and we neglect defensive shape, let players just play with their own intelligence and find a rhythm. ย Our previous managers did. They knew a good thing and sometimes just let players get on with it instead of constant micro managing. ย 

ย 

There is no evidence to suggest that Bob doesn't try and let the game flow and generally attack.ย 

ย 

No evidence he micro manages players either.ย 

ย 

It's a jkb myth, one that ignores the opposition and their impact on a game.

ย 

Under Bob we generally score goals and don't concede many.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, cheetah said:

2-0 home win, title deciderย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

ย 

You say in jest but being as high as possible early doors may count more if a certain covid ravages through society again.ย 

ย 

A predecent has been set.ย 

๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

There is no evidence to suggest that Bob doesn't try and let the game flow and generally attack.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Yip.

In 9 competitive games so far this season, weโ€™re scored 15 and let in 4.

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

It's a jkb myth, one that ignores the opposition and their impact on a goal.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

No evidence in your โ€œBobโ€ infested mind right enough Tosh! ๐Ÿ˜

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

In the 4 league games against the โ€˜big teamsโ€™

Scored 7ย let in 3.

Edited by Thomaso

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

A JKB myth? ย Thatโ€™s that decided then.

ย 

Its just the opinion of some supporters that may be completely wrong or a touch correct. I would say we are gradually looking more โ€œfreeโ€ under him but the Aberdeen match could still suggest there was still too much caution in the mind. ย 
ย 

It was a keenly contested game all the same and teams can cancel each other out. ย So it was a decent point in hindsight by following up with the win in Dundee. ย 

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

In the 4 league games against the โ€˜big teamsโ€™

Scored 7ย let in 3.

I hear that, mate.

fwiw, I still believe there is too much caution in Robbieโ€™s style of play but if it gets results, Iโ€™m, fairly, happy with the start.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

I hear that, mate.

fwiw, I still believe there is too much caution in Robbieโ€™s style of play but if it gets results, Iโ€™m, fairly, happy with the start.

Iโ€™m very happy with the results so far.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

A JKB myth? ย Thatโ€™s that decided then.

ย 

Its just the opinion of some supporters that may be completely wrong or a touch correct. I would say we are gradually looking more โ€œfreeโ€ under him but the Aberdeen match could still suggest there was still too much caution in the mind. ย 
ย 

It was a keenly contested game all the same and teams can cancel each other out. ย So it was a decent point in hindsight by following up with the win in Dundee. ย 

ย 

Aberdeen simply overpowered us in the midfield imo, we were poor in possession, gave te ball away cheaply therefor were forced to defend.ย 

Nothing to do with sitting back or tactics.ย 

ย 

ย 

Too many dismiss the opposition.ย 

Too many think if we simply attack and press weโ€™ll win.ย 

Football doesnโ€™t work as simple as that imo.ย 

ย 

ย 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Boab said:

Yip.

ย 

ย 

2 goals seems to be our sweetย  spot atm.ย 

ย 

If we can score 2 most games we'll win most games.ย 

ย 

Just another 34 games to go. ๐Ÿ˜‚

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

Aberdeen simply overpowered us in the midfield imo, we were poor in possession, gave te ball away cheaply therefor were forced to defend.ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

So nothing to do with Robbie changing to a four after we scored?

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

ย 

2 goals seems to be our sweetย  spot atm.ย 

ย 

If we can score 2 most games we'll win most games.ย 

ย 

Just another 34 games to go. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™ll take 1-0 against Hibs, the ball bouncing off Halkettโ€™s arse !

Anything as long as we win.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

:berra:

Why the face? Why would I not be happy with the results so far? Doesnโ€™t change the fact that Neilson is a โ€œcautiousโ€ Manager - and thatโ€™s being kind to him!

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Why the face? Why would I not be happy with the results so far? Doesnโ€™t change the fact that Neilson is a โ€œcautiousโ€ Manager - and thatโ€™s being kind to him!

ย 

Have another one, for a different reason than previous.ย 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

You werenโ€™t at the Aberdeen game if you ย donโ€™t think we sat back after we scored. Robbie immediately changed it to 4-5-1 and there was suddenly a 30 yard gap between our midfield and Boyce.ย 

Hibs fans will do their usual, make a lot of noise having their wee dance under the railway bridge. Shite it as soon as they enter the ground, all Heartsย first half, 1 0 HT. Grab a second at some point second half, hibs might get 1 if they are lucky. All in all an easy day out.ย 
ย 

Boyce and whoever else fancies making a name for themselves.

ย 

Hibs possession underย 40%, then the usual โ€œwe bossed itโ€ shite you get from them post matchย 

Maybe people will disagree but my opinion is that Hibs have probably the better starting XI but Hearts have a farย better overall squad.ย  If the game is still even at 60 min then substitutes will win the game for Hearts.ย  Hibs will tire the final 20 min.ย  What I don't want is Neilson to adopt his usual tactics should Hearts go oneย up early and then players drop back into their own half.ย  Neilson is too negative and as such the game does tend to runย away from Hearts.ย 

ย 

BELIEVE.ย  This is Hibs.ย  This is Tynecastle.ย  This is a walloping. 4-0 to the famous.

ย 

Just do it Robbie.

ย 

ย 

HHGH

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You werenโ€™t at the Aberdeen game if you ย donโ€™t think we sat back after we scored. Robbie immediately changed it to 4-5-1 and there was suddenly a 30 yard gap between our midfield and Boyce.ย 

ย 

I was.ย 

ย 

I felt it was more to do with us unable to pass 10 yards and keep possession and therefor our midfield got pushed back and the game swung in their favourย 

ย 

I don't believe Robbie instructed the team to sit back and defend.ย 

Obviously some others think different.ย 

ย 

ย 

451 isn't necessarily defensive either, it can be very attacking. Lots of teams play it.ย 

ย 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, DS98 said:

Exactly!

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

Have another one, for a different reason than previous.ย 

You're gibbering again Tosh.

38 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

I was.ย 

ย 

I felt it was more to do with us unable to pass 10 yards and keep possession and therefor our midfield got pushed back and the game swung in their favourย 

ย 

I don't believe Robbie instructed the team to sit back and defend.ย 

Obviously some others think different.ย 

ย 

ย 

451 isn't necessarily defensive either, it can be very attacking. Lots of teams play it.ย 

ย 

You didnโ€™t see Robbie signalling with 4 fingers changing to a back 4 then Tosh? ๐Ÿ˜

51 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Maybe people will disagree but my opinion is that Hibs have probably the better starting XI but Hearts have a farย better overall squad.ย  If the game is still even at 60 min then substitutes will win the game for Hearts.ย  Hibs will tire the final 20 min.ย  What I don't want is Neilson to adopt his usual tactics should Hearts go oneย up early and then players drop back into their own half.ย  Neilson is too negative and as such the game does tend to runย away from Hearts.ย 

ย 

BELIEVE.ย  This is Hibs.ย  This is Tynecastle.ย  This is a walloping. 4-0 to the famous.

ย 

Just do it Robbie.

ย 

ย 

HHGH

What 6 Hibs players would you have in our starting 11?

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You didnโ€™t see Robbie signalling with 4 fingers changing to a back 4 then Tosh? ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Why is a back 4 defensive?ย 

Are all managers that play with a back 4 defensive?ย 

ย 

I never seen Robbie signaling to sit back and defend for the rest of the game did you?ย 

ย 

18 minutes ago, DS98 said:

What 6 Hibs players would you have in our starting 11?

ย 

I think based on formation we play, 5 would probably get in.ย 

ย 

Gordonย 

ย 

Souttarย 

Porteous (Best of a bad bunch)

Kingsley

ย 

Boyle

Beni

Magennis

Doig

ย 

Ginelly

Boyce

Nisbet

Can season ticket holders who are abroad at the weekend pick up the game on Hearts tv? Or is only games that are not televised live by Sky that are available for season ticket holders,dears?ย 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Gordonย 

ย 

Souttarย 

Kingsley

ย 

Boyle

Beni

Magennis

Doig

ย 

Ginelly

Boyce

Nisbet

ย 

Honestly, from what I've seen of Doig I'd rather have Cochrane - he's a better defender. Boyle is the only genuine quality in their team and even then he's a diving bassa with a hairpiece.

6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Gordonย 

ย 

Souttarย 

Kingsley

ย 

Boyle

Beni

Magennis

Doig

ย 

Ginelly

Boyce

Nisbet

Fair enough. Iโ€™d say thatโ€™s very generous. ย ย 
ย 

In any formation Iโ€™d only take Boyle and Nisbet. Those are the two that make things tick for them.ย Coincidentally Boyle has a hamstring injury and Nisbet is still suffering from covid so hopefully neither are 100% on Sunday!

Guest ToqueJambo
37 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

ย 

That was in response to D Utd coming out strongly in the 2nd half wasn'tย it? It worked. They didn't create any real clear chances and we then wrapped up the game. As said a back 4 isn't necessarily more defensive.

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

ย 

You say in jest but being as high as possible early doors may count more if a certain covid ravages through society again.ย 

ย 

A predecent has been set.ย 

๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Not if noneย of the @$$ cheeks are top.

2020 will mean nothing. Only the government will shut it down and then the league will have an out. No way we win a shortened league caused by a pandemic.ย 

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Boab said:

Yip.

I get 17 scored 6 against?ย ย Pedantic I knowโ€ฆ