• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure when Devlin last played a competitive match so might be on the bench for this one. 

not a competitive match but he played in the bounce match v dundee last week

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit simplistic tho. 

We've had lots off target and v Aberdeen had lots of crosses. 

These could all lead to goals in the future. 

In saying that, the sides are close in quality so I expect a tight game like you say. 

The Derby has also favoured the awaw team for some strange reason more recently than it used to do. 

Home advantage makes little difference atm. 

that's about to change FTH:flag1:

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Eh? What’s harsh? I’ll play along though. 

Hibs weaknesses are there for everyone to see. Their defence is weak and slow. Their fullbacks can be got at. McGinn is awful and Doig can’t defend. Their midfield will probably consist of 2 spice boys and Gogic, the most horrific footballer in the top flight. 

I’d stick with Beni and Haring and look to physically dominate and bully them in the middle. Get the ball wide at every opportunity. I’d find a place for Gino from the start. If/when we go a goal up, keep you’re nerve and go for a 2nd and 3rd. Don’t try and sit on a slender lead, it only invites pressure which we’ve done in all 4 games this season. Boyle and Nisbet are their only threat. They’ll have their spell of pressure but I’m confident if we keep an attacking intent for the entire 90 we will win comfortably.

I dont see us bullying the midfield with two defensive mids at all. As for getting the ball wide they have been woeful against Motherwell and Dundee down the left - thats an area I would be looking to exploit with GMS only on for an hour then an impact sub. Ceertainly not a game for newbies other than Moore. Derbys are always 90 minutes of kill kill kill so I wouldnt worry about the pace of the game. I would be looking for a measured approach retaining possession. As for my harsh comment - every game is on RN - especially on this site

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

It's not like you to contradict yourself ... unless you're positing a brown smelling Hearts team, that is. 😉

A bit of posturing. 

If we win by 3/4 goals I'll be happy but I expect a close game. 

By Sunday I'll have us down for a 5-1 win. 

I expect us to win home derbies. In general that’s what we do. I expect us to win on Sunday. The only ponderable is the score. I see us keeping a clean sheet but we don’t score many so 2-0 Hearts for me. Souttar and woodburn.

17 minutes ago, 160598 said:

I dont see us bullying the midfield with two defensive mids at all. As for getting the ball wide they have been woeful against Motherwell and Dundee down the left - thats an area I would be looking to exploit with GMS only on for an hour then an impact sub. Ceertainly not a game for newbies other than Moore. Derbys are always 90 minutes of kill kill kill so I wouldnt worry about the pace of the game. I would be looking for a measured approach retaining possession. As for my harsh comment - every game is on RN - especially on this site

You don’t think Beni and Haring could bully Doyle-Hayes and Joe Newell? Ok mate.

10 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You don’t think Beni and Haring could bully Doyle-Hayes and Joe Newell? Ok mate.

Thats not an area of concern - I think the game will be one or lost with GMS trickery, Boycies guile, Ginos pace or Gnandos aerial threat. Id like to see Halliday in there cos this will be messy. 2-0 jts

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 160598 said:

Thats not an area of concern - I think the game will be one or lost with GMS trickery, Boycies guile, Ginos pace or Gnandos aerial threat. Id like to see Halliday in there cos this will be messy. 2-0 jts

Agreed, GMS has won us 2 penalties and scored in 3 games this season. 

I think he assisted in 1 as well. 

Match winner. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Match winner. 

Hard to argue. Very good player for us and on his game too

14 hours ago, karipidis said:

On paper a tough game against a half decent side but similar to the words of Sir Alex ‘come on lads, it’s Hibs’. 3 points all the way. 

Absolutely. He is a Jambo also 

26 minutes ago, DS98 said:

No need to 'bully' in the traditional sense. More likely to be quicker, out-think them, and ultimately show their plodders a clean pair of heels plus cut them open with telling passes. Oh, and if Beni tackles as he has done thus far and proves so difficult do dis-posess, then the Hibs fellas will be left chasing shadows. Subtle bullying. 🙃

Hearts have a "good spine" now sadly missing in recent years and with the other players and their attributes I mentioned above I am very confident. This could be a classic.

No need to add to a derby for motivation but thought I’d post these snippets , let’s do them !

Hibs voted to send Hearts down last summer but Gordon is eagerly anticipating their return to the top flight.

The American’s words will seem hollow to Jambos, who won’t have forgotten that the Hibees voted against league reconstruction last summer and to send Hearts down, costing themselves a league place and £100,000 of prize money in the process.

Tam McManus predicts Hibs will spank Hearts next season

Tam McManus can’t wait for Hearts to secure promotion from the Championship because he’s certain Hibs will dish out some derby “spankings” next season.

he’s convinced Jack Ross’ men will get their revenge next term and believes the Jambos will struggle in the Premiership next year.

I expect and hope they DO come back up. Why? Because then Hibs can hand out a few spankings and settle the debate once and for all over who is number one in Edinburgh.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Not sure when Devlin last played a competitive match so might be on the bench for this one. 

Didn’t bother Beni

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit simplistic tho. 

We've had lots off target and v Aberdeen had lots of crosses. 

These could all lead to goals in the future. 

In saying that, the sides are close in quality so I expect a tight game like you say. 

The Derby has also favoured the awaw team for some strange reason more recently than it used to do. 

Home advantage makes little difference atm. 

Apart from during that period we were utterly gash and had a squad nearly full of wasters. We are playing better albeit not brilliantly now so I think home advantage will help rather than hinder now

1 hour ago, 160598 said:

It’s not about bullying midfield it’s about controlling it. Devlin I think is also someone whilst might not score goals helps the attack drive forward so not mega defensive

51 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Match winner. 

Also likes a goal against Hibs throughout his career.

54 minutes ago, 160598 said:

I agree that’s where we will hurt them the most. That’s why I really hope Gino plays as pace is something you simply can’t defend against. Games are won and lost in midfield though, always have been. This is the first time in a long time I think we are going into a derby with a far better/stronger spine and I’m looking forward to it. Disagree about Halliday. If he plays then he weakens whatever position he’s playing in. Kingsley and Cochrane on the left for me.

44 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

No need to add to a derby for motivation but thought I’d post these snippets , let’s do them !

Hibs voted to send Hearts down last summer but Gordon is eagerly anticipating their return to the top flight.

The American’s words will seem hollow to Jambos, who won’t have forgotten that the Hibees voted against league reconstruction last summer and to send Hearts down, costing themselves a league place and £100,000 of prize money in the process.

Tam McManus can’t wait for Hearts to secure promotion from the Championship because he’s certain Hibs will dish out some derby “spankings” next season.

he’s convinced Jack Ross’ men will get their revenge next term and believes the Jambos will struggle in the Premiership next year.

I expect and hope they DO come back up. Why? Because then Hibs can hand out a few spankings and settle the debate once and for all over who is number one in Edinburgh.

Robbie needs to print this off and post it up in the Players Dressing Room Wall.

47 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Surely that McAnus quote is made up? Even HE must be aware that, firstly, there was no debate; and, secondly, had there even been a debate then it was over 'once and for all' when their fans scuttled off humiliated after the 2012 Cup Final.

The players need to see what this lot are…one dimensional, overated shite. 

A polished, controlled but rugged performance, hounding that pish at the back for them for 90 minutes.

Chances will appear. We need to be relentless.  

2,3-0.  FTH. HHGH

1 hour ago, 160598 said:

Think the point is, boss the midfield, we win the game.  We need the energy and anticipation of Beni, winning balls early and getting us on the front foot as much as possible. 

Then our ball players can go to work. 

Show up their plodders who think they are “players” in midfield. It really is time for us to rip these ***** a new one.  A full, thudding Tynecastle, better players in maroon than of late who need to show why. No better place than a derby 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Surely that McAnus quote is made up? Even HE must be aware that, firstly, there was no debate; and, secondly, had there even been a debate then it was over 'once and for all' when their fans scuttled off humiliated after the 2012 Cup Final.

I was picking out parts of his quote , but still in complete context ,

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-praying-hearts-promoted-easter-23823664

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I expect us to win home derbies. In general that’s what we do. I expect us to win on Sunday. The only ponderable is the score. I see us keeping a clean sheet but we don’t score many so 2-0 Hearts for me. Souttar and woodburn.

Whilst not really disagreeing with you, I can't help pointing out that, thus far, Hearts have scored 7, let in 3, and are sitting joint top. A convincing derby win and we'll be edging ahead regardless of how the other teams do next weekend. In contrast, Celtic have banged in 13, let in 3, and are clinging on to a top 6 spot. Their fhans must be apoplectic! 😃

9 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Whilst not really disagreeing with you, I can't help pointing out that, thus far, Hearts have scored 7, let in 3, and are sitting joint top. A convincing derby win and we'll be edging ahead regardless of how the other teams do next weekend. In contrast, Celtic have banged in 13, let in 3, and are clinging on to a top 6 spot. Their fhans must be apoplectic! 😃

I don’t really see us having the mindset to go at any team ruthlessly and take 6 off them. 2-0 and we’ll shut up shop under Neilson. Worked really well the last time he tried it in a derby right enough.

Edited by JimmyCant

8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Regardless of shots on target we should have had another 3 goals in the last fortnight alone. The easy chance GMS screwed past the post against Aberdeen and the two Haring missed last week. Clear cut chances all three. 

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t really see us having the mindset to go at any team ruthlessly and take 6 off them. 2-0 and we’ll shut up shop under Neilson. Worked really well the last time he tried it in a derby right enough.

🎣

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Didn’t bother Beni

Apart from during that period we were utterly gash and had a squad nearly full of wasters. We are playing better albeit not brilliantly now so I think home advantage will help rather than hinder now

It’s not about bullying midfield it’s about controlling it. Devlin I think is also someone whilst might not score goals helps the attack drive forward so not mega defensive

Also likes a goal against Hibs throughout his career.

Agreed. 

Hope that continues. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

Ffs, even if they did spank us they're still miles off. 

They couldn't even spank us last season when we'd just started the season and we were in the championship. 

****ing absolute chicken nugget. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

As the first team gets better in terms of quality I am hopeful that Robbie will become less pragmatic. It wasn’t so long ago he was subbing on 3 strikers when we were 5-0 up in a game.

Well, it was a wee while…

I think that the more comfortable he is with the quality of our team the more the handbrake will be let off. By the quality we have itself as much as by design.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

2-1 Hearts.

Porteous red card after a torrid time being ripped to shreds.

The rest will scuttle off with stinging rings after enduring the Gorgie dry boaby.

🇱🇻 FTH 🇱🇻

1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

🤤🤤😍😍

I honestly could watch that on repeat all night. 

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I honestly could watch that on repeat all night.

I would love to know GR managed to upload it... I tried to upload Bruno's gif but it failed 😠

1 minute ago, WDJ87 said:

I would love to know GR managed to upload it... I tried to upload Bruno's gif but it failed 😠

Looked up John Souttar gifs on google. One of them led to an old page on here with two of them, both tackles. That one copied fine, the other failed. Find that gifs fail to upload a lot but the odd one works. No idea why. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Looked up John Souttar gifs on google. One of them led to an old page on here with two of them, both tackles. That one copied fine, the other failed. Find that gifs fail to upload a lot but the odd one works. No idea why. 

@davemclaren ... Help?

HeartsandonlyHearts
6 hours ago, 22games nro said:

I expect and hope they DO come back up. Why? Because then Hibs can hand out a few spankings and settle the DEBATE once and for all over who is number one in Edinburgh.

Debate? 

I know for sure which team isn’t #1

Why are all their ex players so forgetful about the last 30/40 years.

Weirdos.

5 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

As the first team gets better in terms of quality I am hopeful that Robbie will become less pragmatic. It wasn’t so long ago he was subbing on 3 strikers when we were 5-0 up in a game.

Well, it was a wee while…

I think that the more comfortable he is with the quality of our team the more the handbrake will be let off. By the quality we have itself as much as by design.

This is the thing, trusting the players. If we get in front and seem to be really pressing, he just needs to let it flow sometimes. And I mean any game. 

As long as it’s not cavalry charge and we neglect defensive shape, let players just play with their own intelligence and find a rhythm.  Our previous managers did. They knew a good thing and sometimes just let players get on with it instead of constant micro managing.