****Official Hearts v Hibs Match Thread****

Wee Mikey

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Apologies if this is a bit early, but this seems, for so many reasons, like one of our biggest derby matches since the 2012 final.

I can't remember who retorted, "The next game" in response to being asked about which was the most important game; but it is, for sure, a 'truism'.

No more so than our next home game v Hibs. The same applied to our opening 4 games of this season. We got Celtic at, arguably, the best time, but had to lay to rest the St Midden away 'hoodoo' plus bossing Dun U away to lay down a marker (hats off to the travelling support). For the Dons game, we were a wee bit thin but maintained our unbeaten league run in a game that could've gone either way.

So, with (as far as I'm aware) no injury or suspension issues, some very interesting new signings, and a couple of weeks training, I'm confident that Robbie and the coaching staff will put out a very strong team with a decent bench to boot.

I honestly cannot predict the starting 11, but can predict a score: 5-1. Seriously; it is written in the stars. Their goal will be a consolation courtesy of a Boyle dive that'll be cheered ironically by us as per at Fester Road whilst the Hibby support file out early. What's more, whether winning by a long way, or thrashing Hibs 0-0, I hope that Robbie reads the game and learns not to wait too long to make a change. Whatever our starting 11, there'll be players on our bench with fresh legs who'll be either able to win the game for us, or win it by an even bigger margin.

❤❤G❤

Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian

C'mon. 

A bit decorum. 

This is a class forum. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• CloustonHMFC

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Some are over confident, they have started the season well winning games without being spectacular. We bossed united but still gave away several chances and didn't create a huge amount despite our dominance. Will be a tough game and I'd take a shitey 1-0.

Hibs are shite. 

Beat County and livi at home. 

Motherwell away, drew at Dundee. 

We beat the best hibs side in 15 years last season, we've beat celtic and utd/ St Mirren away This year. 

We are better than them. 

Agreed tho, a shitey 1-0 won wil do. 

👍

queensferryjambo
10 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Apologies if this is a bit early, but this seems, for so many reasons, like one of our biggest derby matches since the 2012 final.

I would say the biggest game since the 2012 final was the Scottish cup semi final of 2020. One whole derby match ago :)

We had to win that for so many reasons at the time.

This doesn't even feel close to the run up to that one IMO.

It's definitely an interesting one this weekend, this is genuinely the first derby that you could see a big scoreline for us in, however I think this will be one of those classic matches, goals for both teams and hearts to win by 2, going for a 4-2 hearts win. Obviously as long as we win then I'm chuffed tbh but i kind of want us to entertain here too. Would love it if both Woodburn and Devlin both scored in there first derby.

Strummerville

I'm still sure that Petrie was hanging about to make the fixture list. They have played nobody and conceded twice v motherwell and Dundee. Start on front foot, hearts win.

"We have everything, they have nothing" - John Robertson, 2012

They will be coming to Tynie hoping to scrape a point and put in their usual park the bus performance.  We are too strong for them all over the park and I foresee a routine 3-0 victory for the JT's.

🇱🇻🥃

They will never recover from their so-called Relegation Derby.  Going into that game in Week 30 of 2013-14, Hibs were lying 7th with 34 pts.   Hearts were 12th with 6 pts.  8 games later Hibs had accrued 35pts and Hearts 23 pts.  The difference being the 12 pts deduction.  If not, Hibs would have finished bottom on goals scored.  Terry Butcher was done.

No matter how often they say their mantra 7-0, 7-0, 7-0 to themselves they are unfixable people.

BTW I detest the colour green.  It's the colour of vomit.

7 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Gordon

Soutar                 Halkett              Moore

Smith                             Beni                         Devlin               Cochrane

Gino                    Boyce             Woodburn

I like that as a starting line-up provided Neilson doesn't play Boyce in midfield and they play pass the ball to Gordon.  If fit Gnando, Mcenaff, Walker & GMS to come on.  Smith got a knock with NI so may not start.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite. 

We beat the best hibs side in 15 years last season, we've beat celtic and utd/ St Mirren away This year. 

We are better than them. 

👍

Can I also add that Livi had players dropping like flies, 2 guys spewing at halftime, another had a diabetic fit.

Hibs still made hard enough work of it.

Their opening games have been tap ins. Their only test was Europe and they shat it.

Don't like predicting derbies personally but all I'm saying is, as per the norm, Hibs are being bummed up to be world-beaters and it only takes watching them to dispell that.

Get on top of their back line, target Porteous and Doig.

It'd be tempting to play Gnando and tell him to try to isolate Doig back post as much as poss. Don't think we will do that but it's a big weakness. Reckon we'll be getting Woodburn and Gino to blind side run him all day.

8 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Gordon

Smith                             Beni                         Devlin               Cochrane

Devlin won’t start imo, apart from Harings poor finishing he played well against the Arabs. GMS preferred to Gino by RN so I think he will start.

I do like your side though. 

12 hours ago, king.Robbo said:

Can we get tynie rocking like this for the derby !!! 🤣🤣

Cringe.  Save this stuff for gigs please.  I want the place to be like a cauldron of noise, not the west end Subway on a Thursday night at the end of uni term.  

2 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Cringe.  Save this stuff for gigs please.  I want the place to be like a cauldron of noise, not the west end Subway on a Thursday night at the end of uni term.  

Correct. It’s pish. If tynecastle crowds started behaving like that I’d be away to the pub. 

Maroonblood22

Think folk are being a bit unrealistic with the score predictions. Hibs are top of the league and play the silkiest fitbaw...

4-1 to the Famous:jjyay: 

FTH!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Devlin won’t start imo, apart from Harings poor finishing he played well against the Arabs. GMS preferred to Gino by RN so I think he will start.

I do like your side though. 

I agree with you on the players RN will pick. I like Haring and he may well be a better choice. It's almost like flipping a coin on whether to start with Gino or GMS.

But, this was the side I'd like to see (assuming Devlin is actually really good).

The best thing about picking a side was how hard it is now to fit everyone into the team. Change out a few players and it is no weaker....what a difference from last year! ...or the year before that, etc..

10 hours ago, 160598 said:

Bit harsh mate. How's about you tell us your team and what your tactics would be, Seriously. Where do you see weaknesses and what would you try and exploit. My team would most likely be everyone's and to date RN is learning tactic wise as was seen when he realised his mistake against Utd then rectified it.

Eh? What’s harsh? I’ll play along though. 

Hibs weaknesses are there for everyone to see. Their defence is weak and slow. Their fullbacks can be got at. McGinn is awful and Doig can’t defend. Their midfield will probably consist of 2 spice boys and Gogic, the most horrific footballer in the top flight. 

I’d stick with Beni and Haring and look to physically dominate and bully them in the middle. Get the ball wide at every opportunity. I’d find a place for Gino from the start. If/when we go a goal up, keep you’re nerve and go for a 2nd and 3rd. Don’t try and sit on a slender lead, it only invites pressure which we’ve done in all 4 games this season. Boyle and Nisbet are their only threat. They’ll have their spell of pressure but I’m confident if we keep an attacking intent for the entire 90 we will win comfortably.

We'll win, but only by 1-0 or 2-0. We don't get enough efforts on target to win by more.

Don't think we've managed more than 3 shots on target in any league match this season?

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Defo Gino to start. Direct and fast.  The defence is their weakest area so get in about it. I’d be gutted if he doesn’t start. 

Yeah me too. I kind of get no defender would like Gino coming off the bench but I want us to go at them fast.

GMS a good bench option too, as is Gnando, Devlin, McEneff. Plenty legs and physicality if we need it. Start Gino and put the fear in them early.

13 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I agree with you on the players RN will pick. I like Haring and he may well be a better choice. It's almost like flipping a coin on whether to start with Gino or GMS.

But, this was the side I'd like to see (assuming Devlin is actually really good).

The best thing about picking a side was how hard it is now to fit everyone into the team. Change out a few players and it is no weaker....what a difference from last year! ...or the year before that, etc..

Indeed mate, was a very good side you picked. Gino or GMS was a discussion on here before United game (folk rightly assumed Woodburn would start) and I think RN will go with the same front 3 that started last Saturday. In fact, as I said earlier in the thread, I think it’ll be the same team. The only possible change(s) might be if he decides to bring Moore or Kingsley in. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Draw. Turgid & dissapointing, despite the media build up. 

No chance. With Tynie packed to the rafters? First derby since lockdown? It'll be an adrenalin rush from start to finish.

31 minutes ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Think folk are being a bit unrealistic with the score predictions. Hibs are top of the league and play the silkiest fitbaw...

4-1 to the Famous:jjyay: 

FTH!

I’m liking this prediction, therefore it gets my vote 👍

Byyy The Light

Souttar to empty Boyle in to the stand like that sexy gif a few seasons ago.

Gogic still running about the pitch looking for Beni and the ball on the Monday morning. 

3-1 Hearts. Easy peasy. 

Hackney Hearts
48 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Don't think we've managed more than 3 shots on target in any league match this season?

4 on target v Celtic and St Mirren.

But yeah, we could do with upping that stat. The derby would be a good time to start.

Kingsley and Cochrane both to start for me. They seem to work well together at LCB and LWB and hopefully can keep Boyle quiet. Do that and it should be a win for us. 

24 minutes ago, swindonjambo1 said:

It means leaving home at 2 in the morning for the drive 

You’re a better jambo than me for doing that. I wouldn’t even consider it. Hope you enjoy it. 

11 hours ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Gordon

if Devlin is the grafter they say he is then that's the team for me, sorry GMS, but we need people who are going to get tore in and a luxury player is not what's required next week. 

6 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

if Devlin is the grafter they say he is then that's the team for me, sorry GMS, but we need people who are going to get tore in and a luxury player is not what's required next week. 

Not sure when Devlin last played a competitive match so might be on the bench for this one. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We'll win, but only by 1-0 or 2-0. We don't get enough efforts on target to win by more.

Bit simplistic tho. 

We've had lots off target and v Aberdeen had lots of crosses. 

These could all lead to goals in the future. 

In saying that, the sides are close in quality so I expect a tight game like you say. 

The Derby has also favoured the awaw team for some strange reason more recently than it used to do. 

Home advantage makes little difference atm. 

7 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

My only concern with Devlin is he’ll be really hyped. First game, noisy crowd, Derby - potential red card waiting to happen. Coming on as a sub could be influential 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Draw. Turgid & dissapointing, despite the media build up. 

Booo! 

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Hibs are shite. 

We are better than them. 

👍

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit simplistic tho. 

We've had lots off target and v Aberdeen had lots of crosses. 

These could all lead to goals in the future. 

In saying that, the sides are close in quality so I expect a tight game like you say. 

The Derby has also favoured the awaw team for some strange reason more recently than it used to do. 

Home advantage makes little difference atm. 

It's not like you to contradict yourself ... unless you're positing a brown smelling Hearts team, that is. 😉