• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Would have liked moore  to start so could play Cochrane at left wing back

Halliday usually not bad in that role but was poor last week 

15 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

We’ll at least we know GMS can’t be as bad as last week. So that’s a positive.

He must know that his starting place is now threatened - I would expect a performance from him today.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, The Tackle said:

Lets see how we approach the game before the toys come out the pram ffs

That’s no fun.

14 minutes ago, Snedescu said:

I am assuming Ginnelly has a knock. I can’t see any other reason for GMS to be playing ahead of him. 

Except GMS has had an end product so to speak , Ginnelly hasnt yet this season. That surely isnt a serious post 🙈

upgotheheads
20 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

DUTV states audio only for UK subscribers.

You've got to register a username, pword etc through their TV page. Worked ok for me yesterday although their mention of Commentary only on the link is confusing. It looks like the same website as ours.

Rory Mcilroy

Would love to see us taking a punt on Gino at RWB. We've got 3 CB's, inc Souttar behind him, plus Beni can help cover that side too. 

It's a risk worth taking when looking at the lack of attacking intent on the left. 

Anyway, still a good looking team nonetheless. A win today feels like it'll send a big message. Let's go boys!! 

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re looking at that line up and seeing ‘attacking’ seriously ?

I already said if the wing backs do what they are being asked to do it is attacking.

Just now, lost in space said:

Agree re cleverness and he can score but he could do so much more. 

Definitely.  You could say that about just about any winger, including Gino who I’d prefer tbh but I don’t prefer him starting today to any great extent because he hasn’t been very good. 

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Lucky 😂? Talk nonsense and possession means nothing if you have wingers which we have who take People on. It’s your opinion and I accept that, each to their own. 

You’re right. We can discuss once the game is finished

lost in space
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Stop talking absolute shite 

Hahaha. Ever thought about going into politics or journalism? You obviously have a "gift" with words.

Thanks for adding to the debate - when is your bus to Lockend?

KyleLafferty
Just now, JimmyCant said:

You’re right. We can discuss once the game is finished

Can I ask who you would replace and with who? 

10 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Could tie in with Jamboj1’s comments on the other thread 

He would be the wow player if he reached the levels he showed at Celtic. 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I already said if the wing backs do what they are being asked to do it is attacking.

Which in itself is fine IF Halliday and Smith can get forward enough. If they are pinned back you're talking seven players defending with little option of an outball from defence, unless Boyce ends up coming back deep again. 

Absolute Scenes

Folk can’t seriously be complaining. Gino sat further behind smith last week. GMS provided more than Gino did, penalty included

alwaysthereinspirit
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

He must know that his starting place is now threatened - I would expect a performance from him today.

I hope so. Last week was horrible. He needs to start beating the last defender and getting crosses into the box. I know he takes a beating but that comes with the territory. He’s been around long enough to know what’s coming. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Haring out and McEneff in for me. Would stop us being so predictable. 

That's what i was going with

No Idle Talk

The problem is that both Smith and Halliday lack pace and neither are particularly good crossers of the ball either. The manager can tell them to attack but I am not convinced either player has it in them to be effective doing it. 

I am hoping as the season goes on that Kingsley and Cochrane will push Halliday out the picture at LWB and that we sign some younger legs to compete with, or take over from, Michael Smith. 

KyleLafferty
Just now, jambonian said:

Which in itself is fine IF Halliday and Smith can get forward enough. If they are pinned back you're talking seven players defending with little option of an outball from defence, unless Boyce ends up coming back deep again. 

That’s up to hearts to get on the ball which they will be told to do and push them back, feed the front 3 the ball and get up. Either that or counter attack.

Ford Prentice

I'm sure Ginelly will get on at some point, bench looking strong. Woodburn is starting having only been up a few days. Wise not to make too many other changes (and I'm speaking as a "Halliday hater".)

HeartOfMidlothian93

Anyone know how I can watch it if I live in England? 

I see the Dundee UTD TV states that you can’t watch their stream if you live here ☹️

12 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Was Gnando not No 9.  I see it is now Woodsman.

No number change, he didn't  want  9 and chose 21.

Just now, HeartOfMidlothian93 said:

Anyone know how I can watch it if I live in England? 

I see the Dundee UTD TV states that you can’t watch their stream if you live here ☹️

Try searching on Hesgoal.com five minutes before kick-off. They might have a link.

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I’d have preferred to fix the wing back issue by going to a back 4. I’d have started Moore unless he isn’t fit. I’d have started Mcaneff at AM and partnered Boyce and Woodburn up front.

6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

That’s up to hearts to get on the ball which they will be told to do and push them back, feed the front 3 the ball and get up. Either that or counter attack.

I admire your optimism mate, genuinely, but I just can't see how you expect us to do the above when we so frequently tend to knock it sideways and backwards without any imagination whatsoever these days.

KyleLafferty

I’d have preferred to fix the wing back issue by going to a back 4. I’d have started Moore unless he isn’t fit. I’d have started Mcaneff at AM and partnered Boyce and Woodburn up front.

The wingback issue is that Kingsley is out. 3 at the back suits us, but the wingbacks

need to Push 10 yards further forward. Smith just passes sideways and Halliday well, he started the season well but was really disappointing against Aberdeen. The idea is to have beni and haring cover the wingbacks when they go forward. If they don’t go forward it looks very defensive.

2 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I admire your optimism mate, genuinely, but I just can't see how you expect us to do the above when we so frequently tend to knock it sideways and backwards without any imagination whatsoever these days.

Should read, the past 4 years. 

The wingback issue is that Kingsley is out. 3 at the back suits us, but the wingbacks

need to Push 10 yards further forward. Smith just passes sideways and Halliday well, he started the season well but was really disappointing against Aberdeen. The idea is to have beni and haring cover the wingbacks when they go forward. If they don’t go forward it looks very defensive.

Last week both wingbacks were totally ineffective when they got forward. Play an attacking mid and let one or both of them stay back when need be. If the wingbacks were effective then people wouldn’t be hoping for change. 

Our so called wing backs barely crossed the half way line last week. Neither of them went forward again after we scored. Neither of the possibles for wing back has the pace or the engine to get up and down. Is it really going to take a bad result before he changes it ?

kingantti1874

What are we greeting about today? Not playing 6 up front. 😂 never fails to amuse me how clueless folk are tbh.  

im no neilson fan, but moan when it’s justified. 

KyleLafferty

Our so called wing backs barely crossed the half way line last week. Neither of them went forward again after we scored. Neither of the possibles for wing back has the pace or the engine to get up and down. Is it really going to take a bad result before he changes it ?

In my opinion why would we work on something all summer, then the one game

It doesn’t work just Chuck it out? 

18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You’re looking at that line up and seeing ‘attacking’ seriously ?

Stick yer dummy back ya big bairn.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

In that formation? McEneff for Haring. Beningime can handle the defensive role with the three behind him. Gives us a bit more freedom to get forward if he'd used McEneff who'd get forward more than Haring to support the attackers.

The Mighty Thor

7-0-2-1 formation again.

Another big shift for Boyce coming back to get a sniff of the ball. 

A team to not lose rather than a team to win.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

In my opinion why would we work on something all summer, then the one game

It doesn’t work just Chuck it out? 

We all saw it last season and it’s very similar this time. Start of with a reasonably attack minded formation then gradually adapt it to get more defensive. Players not getting forward as often as they were in game week 1, strikers dropping deeper.

RN will form what he considers to be a solid defensive unit and get the best attackers we can afford, hoping they convert the half chance we get. That’s how this is going imo. 

We’ve got some good players though so could work out ok. 

Edited by GinRummy

AlphonseCapone
34 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Looks like he's went with his usual defensvie formation. Smith wing-back (no pace but never mind), Souttar, Halkett & Cochrane across the back, Halliday wide left, Baningime and Haring both playing defensive midfield, then the big gap in the middle for Boyce to drop back, GMS and Woodburn out wide. Heart says Hearts win, head says draw at best but don't be surprised if it's a loss.

So we'll win, lose or draw, thanks for that 😂 

If I asked for the lottery numbers would you say 1-59.....

It's the right team. Gino's only impact came off the bench v Celtic, otherwise he hasn't really offered much. No Kingsley so Halliday comes in. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Our performance being criticised before the game has even started… 

This place is becoming a parody of itself. 

Same crowd peddling it.

You have to admire their persistence.

If we win “poooof” gone never to be seen till the next match day thread and then “abracadabra!!!” as if by magic they appear.

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

We need someone to play like Hartley or Cameron. No-one bursts from midfield with any conviction. That is about to change.

To be fair we could change it at half time into a massively attacking formation 

3 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Slightly disappointed that McEneff isn't starting but I'm looking forward to seeing Woodburn play. 

It’s just a little bizarre.  Ok, we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but there’s been no attempt to settle the guy into a role.  

In football you used to sometimes get rewarded by making a contribution and he came on and scored v Celtic during a horrendous performance. 

I’d have thought that was the

time to give him a chance?

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Same crowd peddling it.

You have to admire their persistence.

If we win “poooof” gone never to be seen till the next match day thread and then “abracadabra!!!” as if by magic they appear.

Don't think you can say pooooof nowadays.