• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, No Idle Talk said:

Cheers boys. Found it. 

Bit annoying you have to sign up for it. Don't really want to give Dundee Utd my email address.

I’ve signed up for a couple of them and not had any marketing emails so you should be ok. If you start getting adverts for minging orange strips don’t be tempted to buy them 😂

Just now, CostaJambo said:

Good post, agree 100%, however I will be amazed if this is how Robbie also sees it, despite him saying a couple of weeks ago we would go for the win every single game. Expect at least 70% of our passes today to be sideways or backwards.

Looks like he's went with his usual defensvie formation. Smith wing-back (no pace but never mind), Souttar, Halkett & Cochrane across the back, Halliday wide left, Baningime and Haring both playing defensive midfield, then the big gap in the middle for Boyce to drop back, GMS and Woodburn out wide. Heart says Hearts win, head says draw at best but don't be surprised if it's a loss.

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye, 3 games, 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 penalty won. That’s 3 of our 5 goals scored. How on Earth has he survived? 

In defense of the original post. GMS was terrible last week. 

lost in space
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye, 3 games, 1 goal, 1 assist and 1 penalty won. That’s 3 of our 5 goals scored. How on Earth has he survived? 

Glad you agree that stats don't prove anything. They are an indicator - Nothing more.

Hope GMS plays well for a change and isn't such a coward this week.

south morocco
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Hasn’t got a club yet. 4 days to go. Not making it at Man City. 1 year left so probably looking for a permanent deal right enough

Could tie in with Jamboj1’s comments on the other thread 

No Idle Talk

Not loving that starting lineup. Seven defensive minded players in it again and only three forward thinking players. Dundee Utd don't score many either. This looks like a grind it out kind of game.

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Same setup as Aberdeen, woodburn in for Gino. 

Depressing. 3-4-3 not working for us. Plenty options to change it and he doesn’t take them. Cowardly selection away from home yet again

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve signed up for a couple of them and not had any marketing emails so you should be ok. If you start getting adverts for minging orange strips don’t be tempted to buy them 😂

I don't buy orange anything(unless juice counts?) so I should manage to sidestep that landmine. 😄

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Neilson never ceases to disappoint with a line up. 

Lord give me strength 🙏🏻

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

Glad you agree that stats don't prove anything. They are an indicator - Nothing more.

Without those contributions we would currently be sat on 2 points mate 

The guy has chipped in his fair share. He is a bit soft but not every player is Brellier 

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Neilson never ceases to disappoint with a line up. 

What’s disappointing about it?

What would you have done?

Just now, No Idle Talk said:

Not loving that starting lineup. Seven defensive minded players in it again and only three forward thinking players. Dundee Utd don't score many either. This looks like a grind it out kind of game.

Sure he'll be quite happy walking away with a point. My only hope is that the new guy Woodburn offers us something, but he'll be doing a lot of it on his own with all the defensive players behind him.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

How can people complain about the line up 😂😂😂

Because it’s extremely over cautious and it hasn’t been working well for a few weeks now perhaps ?

KyleLafferty
Just now, JimmyCant said:

Because it’s extremely over cautious and it hasn’t been working well for a few weeks now perhaps ?

Not working well? 7 out 9 points? 

Halliday 🤦 FFS we could sign Messi, Ronaldo etc and this imposter would still start 😆 still think we will win. 🇱🇻🇱🇻

4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Because the line-up gives a strong indication that we will not play in as attack-minded a style as most supporters would like. Hopefully proved wrong but unlikely.

7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Yip, would rather Haring made way for Woodburn.

That Neilson for you.

All said though  should be too strong for them.

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Even if he doesn’t play well he has a cleverness about his play that he can pop up with the match winning moment. In a safety first type of approach that is exactly what you need. 

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Trolls mate. Absolute trolls. 

It was 50-50 he drops either Ginelly or GMS for woodburn. Who out of them 2 has made the bigger contribution? The answer as above is clearly GMS so he gets the nod.

But good to see the competition for places heating up 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

copa-mundial

The bench is certainly stronger than last Sunday. A lot more that can be turned to. 

Tough out another performance Hearts. Bring 3 points back down the M90

No Idle Talk
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Sure he'll be quite happy walking away with a point. My only hope is that the new guy Woodburn offers us something, but he'll be doing a lot of it on his own with all the defensive players behind him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie would sign up for a point right now. Hopefully not. That is not the mentality we need or want at Hearts. If we end up with a point then ok but let's have a go and try to get all three.

StirlingJambo

Looking forward to seeing Woodburn today. Still not sure going with this line up when both wing backs aren’t the best at attacking or getting decent crosses into the box. Only really got 3 attacking players in the line up rest defensive minded. Still go for a Hearts win though 1-3!

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, CostaJambo said:

Because the line-up gives a strong indication that we will not play in as attack-minded a style as most supporters would like. Hopefully proved wrong but unlikely.

Couldn’t give a flying feck if he played 11

defenders. If we get points I’m happy. Halliday, Smith, woodburn, Boyce, GMS are our attacking players. Beni is a complete midfielder. Souttar drives forward with the ball constantly. It’s attacking.

lost in space
Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Without those contributions we would currently be sat on 2 points mate 

The guy has chipped in his fair share. He is a bit soft but not every player is Brellier 

Re points NO, whoever played instead of him would have contributed more to the game.

I can accept a forward " not being Brellier" but he takes it to extremes. I was pleased when he signed too - but remembered how much a coward he is after 5 minutes.

Hope he has a great game.

Not working well? 7 out 9 points? 

We’ve got lucky in all 3 games. 40% possession average. Luck isn’t going to last forever and a point in games like this is mid table form. I want better. I want us to go to places like this and get at teams. Not sitting in with pointless passing and the odd counter attack hoping to pinch something

Rick Sanchez

When will Bob just **** off...

Not really, just wanted to join the negativity :laugh:

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, lost in space said:

Re points NO, whoever played instead of him would have contributed more to the game.

I can accept a forward " not being Brellier" but he takes it to extremes. I was pleased when he signed too - but remembered how much a coward he is after 5 minutes.

Hope he has a great game.

Stop talking absolute shite 

KyleLafferty
Just now, JimmyCant said:

We’ve got lucky in all 3 games. 40% possession average. Luck isn’t going to last forever and a point in games like this is mid table form. I want better. I want us to go to places like this and get at teams. Not sitting in with pointless passing and the odd counter attack hoping to pinch something

Lucky 😂? Talk nonsense and possession means nothing if you have wingers which we have who take People on. It’s your opinion and I accept that, each to their own. 

Couldn’t give a flying feck if he played 11

defenders. If we get points I’m happy. Halliday, Smith, woodburn, Boyce, GMS are our attacking players. Beni is a complete midfielder. Souttar drives forward with the ball constantly. It’s attacking.

You’re looking at that line up and seeing ‘attacking’ seriously ?

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Yip, would rather Haring made way for Woodburn.

That Neilson for you.

All said though  should be too strong for them.

Woodburn is starting.

Am I misreading the post?

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Think it's more to do with the big gap that will force Boyce to drop back leaving not a lot upfront. There's three playing in defence as well as two defensive midfielders in front of them. That's five defensive players. I'd have dropped Haring and played McEneff. It would force us upfield. Beningime can handle what he has to do with the help of three defenders behind him. I assume GMS will be given a free role if he's expecting Halliday to get down the left and put crosses in. 

lost in space
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Even if he doesn’t play well he has a cleverness about his play that he can pop up with the match winning moment. In a safety first type of approach that is exactly what you need. 

Agree re cleverness and he can score but he could do so much more.