• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Our performance being criticised before the game has even started… 

This place is becoming a parody of itself. 

They like to hear their belly rumbling.

In fairness to them the first 15 seconds were dire at best. We need to improve the second 15 seconds or I’m out.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Debut 4 said:

It’s just a little bizarre.  Ok, we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but there’s been no attempt to settle the guy into a role.  

In football you used to sometimes get rewarded by making a contribution and he came on and scored v Celtic during a horrendous performance. 

I’d have thought that was the

time to give him a chance?

He's done nothing wrong when he's come on. He's  never had a chance in his best position. Feel for the guy.

31 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Woodburn is starting.

Am I misreading the post?

Yip, I would rather Haring made way for Woodburn instead of Ginnelly making way.

A_A wehatethehibs

Spent the whole of last season with folk moaning about “whys Haring not playing ahead of Halliday”. Now he is selected for CM in back to back games for the first time in about 2 years, folk immediately want him dropped. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Spent the whole of last season with folk moaning about “whys Haring not playing ahead of Halliday”. Now he is selected for CM in back to back games for the first time in about 2 years, folk immediately want him dropped. 

C’mon. You know fine well that everything changed when Beni arrived. The fact they are both defensive midfielders isn’t something you don’t already know. 

3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

It’s just a little bizarre.  Ok, we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors but there’s been no attempt to settle the guy into a role.  

In football you used to sometimes get rewarded by making a contribution and he came on and scored v Celtic during a horrendous performance. 

Exactly what I was thinking. Haring has been a bit hot and cold and I just think we're crying out for someone to take the ball off Beni and get us going forward closer to Boyce with a bit with some energy - something McEneff has done enough of in my opinion to at least warrant a start. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Almost our best team with Linglsey injured..

Team will look better for Hiba with at least Moore and Devlin starting (who is more advanced on midfield than Beni)

Perfect team I reckon, only change maybe leaving out halliday, Ginnelly is decent but didn't have a great game and switched off for Aberdeens goal, GMS needs to start showing more in games. 

Brick Tamland
17 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

7-0-2-1 formation again.

Another big shift for Boyce coming back to get a sniff of the ball. 

A team to not lose rather than a team to win.

You’ll need to explain to me how that is your take on the personnel we have out today. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

C’mon. You know fine well that everything changed when Beni arrived. The fact they are both defensive midfielders isn’t something you don’t already know. 

Beni has only played a couple of games though, the lad has done well but why are folk in such a rush to go gung ho and hang him out to dry / leave him exposed. Haring is experienced and calming influence and I think the right partner just now for him. 

And it was pointed out as well the importance of Haring aerially at both defensive and offensive set plays. He is a goal threat and strong in his own box as well. 

There will be games to put mceneff or Pollock in beside Beni. What’s the rush, stay in games early doors just now and keep the early season points tally ticking. That’s the order of the day at present. 

Sportsound covering Hearts game today.    Bit of squad envy from m Stewart,  W Miller loving the signings he thinks it's exciting. 

Robbie talking now. 

Ex member of the SaS

You can understand why some are not happy, Celtic game first half too defensive, Sheep game second half too defensive and by starting with the same defensive set up, people are right to be worried. I expect Hearts to go out and win every game, they obviously won't, but I expect to at least look like we are trying to win games.

The Sheep game was a classic of dropping back and allowing the opposition to attack, after we scored we should have gone for the jugular but instead reverted to a back four.

Come on Robbie lets see some attacking football and less of the dull passing back and fourth around the defense.

37 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We’ve got lucky in all 3 games. 40% possession average. Luck isn’t going to last forever and a point in games like this is mid table form. I want better. I want us to go to places like this and get at teams. Not sitting in with pointless passing and the odd counter attack hoping to pinch something

38 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Lucky 😂? Talk nonsense and possession means nothing if you have wingers which we have who take People on. It’s your opinion and I accept that, each to their own. 

Cant by name; cant by nature. 😉

(Having said that, I totally agree with sentences 4-6, Jimmy 👍)

Screenshot_20210828-144026_Google.jpg

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Beni has only played a couple of games though, the lad has done well but why are folk in such a rush to go gung ho and hang him out to dry / leave him exposed. Haring is experienced and calming influence and I think the right partner just now for him. 

And it was pointed out as well the importance of Haring aerially at both defensive and offensive set plays. He is a goal threat and strong in his own box as well. 

There will be games to put mceneff or Pollock in beside Beni. What’s the rush, stay in games early doors just now and keep the early season points tally ticking. That’s the order of the day at present. 

Fair comments. I just feel we need more in an attacking sense from central midfield. Overly cautious playing both of them and they do too similar a job. 

Just now, highlandjambo3 said:

I think we’ll win this game late on, 70+ minutes

A familiar Neilson tactic.

And I agree with you 👍👍

48 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Not loving that starting lineup. Seven defensive minded players in it again and only three forward thinking players. Dundee Utd don't score many either. This looks like a grind it out kind of game.

Cochrane, Halliday, Smith are attack minded. Souttar is attack minded. I see only 2 properly defensive players though both Halkett and Bainingime can get forward. 

20 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Our performance being criticised before the game has even started… 

This place is becoming a parody of itself. 

Haven't seen who should be playing instead.

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cochrane, Halliday, Smith are attack minded. Souttar is attack minded. I see only 2 properly defensive players though both Halkett and Bainingime can get forward. 

Only Halliday could be considered an attacking player the way we are lining up today though. Cochrane is playing LCB and Halkett has only been getting forward for set pieces this season. 

18 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Prefer to see him ln before Halliday tbh.

Just now, Sertse said:

Gutted the only stream is an arab stream

Does that make you Riyadh? 

I'm gutted I'm not going to mecca the start of the game, probs miss the first 15 minutes. :sad3:

1 minute ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Prefer to see him ln before Halliday tbh.

Why McEneff for Halliday? Surely their roles in the team are different. So basically dislike Halliday therefore swap him for McEneff and change the entire ethos behind the team set up?

Close game again with them winning by a goal. GMS will get kicked in the first ten mins then disappear. We will struggle to keep hold of the ball for long periods. IMO.

The Mighty Thor
9 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

You’ll need to explain to me how that is your take on the personnel we have out today. 

Easy.

3 Centre backs with 2 defensive midfielders right on top of them with Smith and Halliday 'wing backs' so 7 players between gordon and our side of the centre circle. 0 attacking midfielders then 2 'wingers' with a roughly 40 square yard gap to Boyce. 

Just like last week but with Woodburn rather than Ginnelly. 

Just now, jambopilms said:

Close game again with them winning by a goal. GMS will get kicked in the first ten mins then disappear. We will struggle to keep hold of the ball for long periods. IMO.

Nah. It’s a bit too cautious but we’ve got enough to do the business today. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Good attacking line up with balance to regain possession. Cant attack if you don't have the ball, surety even a simpleton must get that