****Official Dundee Utd V Hearts matchday thread****

GinRummy

The Mighty Thor

Another big game for Bob.

Hopefully he's seen from the last few outings that a formation with 2 defensive midfielders and 2 ineffective wingers doesn't really work and leaves a 40 yard hole in the middle of the park to Boyce who ends up isolated up top or having to come back to the centre circle to get the ball.

If we pick a team and formation to win rather than not lose then we'll have too much for that mob. 

GMS needs dropped and Ginnelly needs to actually start going past men and delivering ball. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

If Ginnelly is fit and plays, I'd love to see him grab a goal or two for his confidence.

He needs to do a lot better than we saw vs Aberdeen.  I was very disappointed in his performance.

9 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Another big game for Bob.

Hopefully he's seen from the last few outings that a formation with 2 defensive midfielders and 2 ineffective wingers doesn't really work and leaves a 40 yard hole in the middle of the park to Boyce who ends up isolated up top or having to come back to the centre circle to get the ball.

If we pick a team and formation to win rather than not lose then we'll have too much for that mob. 

GMS needs dropped and Ginnelly needs to actually start going past men and delivering ball. 

I would play one winger and start with two strikers - Gnando and Boyce.

Fxxx the SPFL
32 minutes ago, frankblack said:

He needs to do a lot better than we saw vs Aberdeen.  I was very disappointed in his performance.

I think they doubled up on Ginelly he made one mazy run in second half beating two but was stopped by third defender 

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I think they doubled up on Ginelly he made one mazy run in second half beating two but was stopped by third defender 

We need to give teams more to think about. Hopefully the new look central midfield and Woodburn will see more threat through the middle. Right now, if teams deal with our wingers we aren’t much of an attacking threat.  

Edited by GinRummy

Fxxx the SPFL
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We need to give teams more to think about. Hopefully the new look central midfield and Woodburn will see more threat through the middle. Right now, if teams deal with our wingers we aren’t much of an attacking threat.  

👍

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We need someone to play like Hartley or Cameron. No-one bursts from midfield with any conviction. That is about to change.

12 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We need someone to play like Hartley or Cameron. No-one bursts from midfield with any conviction. That is about to change.

Exactly. Someone who can push up quickly and cause problems. 

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Devlin will be that man, having already watched him play for Wellington Phoenix out here in NZ he seemed to be the typical no8 Hartley/Cameron type of player.

I'm also excited to see Woodburn this weekend, think he will add a lot more quality to our attack.

TyphoonJambo
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't think Mcanefe has had enough chance to prove he is this player

5 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

True 

9 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Devlin will be that man, having already watched him play for Wellington Phoenix out here in NZ he seemed to be the typical no8 Hartley/Cameron type of player.

I'm also excited to see Woodburn this weekend, think he will add a lot more quality to our attack.

I watched his wee upload. I hope he's as good as he's excited to play for Hearts. 

15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully the above mentioned can do what's needed. 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Woodburn in, back 4 might work better with another attacking option added.

Gordon, Smith and Cochrane full backs ,Soapy and Halks.

Stinky Pete holding, Beni and Woody buzzing around the middle. 

GMS Boyce and Gino working better in tandem. 

2 weeks to get Mary, Taz and the other new boys integrated for the vermin 

Captain Canada

I don't think there will be many changes from last week:

Gordon

Halkett Souttar Cochrane 

Smith Beni Haring Halliday

Woodburn Boyce GMS 

Subs: Stewart, Moore, Pollock, McEneff, Ginnellly, Henderson and Walker

Not sure if Kingsley or Armand are available so I just left them out 😀

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Captain Canada said:

I don't think there will be many changes from last week:

Gordon

Halkett Souttar Cochrane 

Smith Beni Haring Halliday

Woodburn Boyce GMS 

Subs: Stewart, Moore, Pollock, McEneff, Ginnellly, Henderson and Walker

Not sure if Kingsley or Armand are available so I just left them out 😀

Kingsley definitely out, isolating.

Woodburn in for Ginnelly……that’ll be about it. I’d be very tempted to bring in Gnando for GMS too tbh.

I’m not exactly overly confident in either of our wingers being able to produce consistency each week…..we aren’t good enough for passengers every other game.

Boyce, Woodburn and Gnando as a three pronged attack might be a better option for us.

A_A wehatethehibs

Another thing about Moore, he can play RB as well, so there's an outside chance he could slot in for Smith or maybe sub on for him. Smith was absolutely shattered last week 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
30 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Surprised to see folk leaving Moore out. He is straight in for either Halkett or Halliday IMO 

Yep. With Kingsley out we should probably go with Moore Halkett and Souttar - Cochran’s as LWB

Hopefully the new signings will start, Woodburn debut goal, would be nice, and a win for the famous JT's.

3 points on the way back to Gorgie.

HHGH 

4 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yep. With Kingsley out we should probably go with Moore Halkett and Souttar - Cochran’s as LWB

That’s what I’d do. 

Cracking day for a game of football. Could be one of those great away days... probably not but one can dream!

I think Hearts just edge it today.

south morocco
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Hopefully Woodburn can fill that role, especially with  any of Devlin, Beni, Haring in behind 

2 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Wasn't planning going up, but it's looking like a good day. May just buy a ticket and head up. 

do it 👍 a Hearts win , in the sun ☀️ a perfect day

Horatio Caine

We need to watch out for the guy Fuchs at United - very good player imo.  Also, Butcher - he's a wannabe Scott Brown.

Fire_At_The_Disco
1 minute ago, mrmarkus1981 said:

Is the game on? Betvictor doesn't have it listed!!!!

Yep 100% and we are favourites according to bet365

4F9EA147-1679-45D4-B380-5416EDFCE632.png

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

I hope this guy is at Hearts for the next 20 years. 
Think I’ve seen about five different spellings of his name lately 😂

2 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Yep 100% and we are favourites according to bet365

4F9EA147-1679-45D4-B380-5416EDFCE632.png

Hearts and Hibs both priced well there. Tempting double.

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Hearts and Hibs both priced well there. Tempting double.

Betting on a Hibs win?

:nojustno:

don’t do it 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Feeling this is the match big Gnanulliet finally lives up to the hype he came with. 

Yeah would love to see him in from the start up beside Boyce. Woodburn behind them, Ginnelly rwb.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Betting on a Hibs win?

:nojustno:

don’t do it 

You're alright. West Brom same price as the Vermin so it's an easy swap.

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

You're alright. West Brom same price as the Vermin so it's an easy swap.

Livi to get their first win of the season today 👍

south morocco
7 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Yeah would love to see him in from the start up beside Boyce. Woodburn behind them, Ginnelly rwb.

Yip, plenty options now,

looking forward to this afternoon. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Woodburn in for Ginnelly……that’ll be about it. I’d be very tempted to bring in Gnando for GMS too tbh.

I’m not exactly overly confident in either of our wingers being able to produce consistency each week…..we aren’t good enough for passengers every other game.

Boyce, Woodburn and Gnando as a three pronged attack might be a better option for us.

Drop Ginnelly??? 😳

Harry Potter
31 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

I hope this guy is at Hearts for the next 20 years. 
Think I’ve seen about five different spellings of his name lately 😂

😄

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Drop Ginnelly??? 😳

I don’t know if swapping our forwards about will necessarily work. Wingers are inconsistent but poor wing back play and no attacking intent from the middle is the real issue. We played a home game with 8 predominantly defensive players and the one wing back who can get up and down the pitch all game playing at LCB.  We need more attack minded players on the pitch and the tactics to allow them to get up the park. 

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know if swapping our forwards about will necessarily work. Wingers are inconsistent but poor wing back play and no attacking intent from the middle is the real issue. We played a home game with 8 predominantly defensive players and the one wing back who can get up and down the pitch all game playing at LCB.  We need more attack minded players on the pitch and the tactics to allow them to get up the park. 

Aye I have said I can't see many goals but when you see our squad it looks like we should create a lot but we just don't.We are doing well in the league ( especially with the starting games we have been dealt ) but it is frustrating at times.I don't think the day is the day we will see the team let of the leash either.

14 minutes ago, savage said:

Don't know if moore should start.  Don't think he has even trained with the team.  

Defensively we have been fine this season. Would be unnecessary risk to through him in today away from him in my eyes. 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye I have said I can't see many goals but when you see our squad it looks like we should create a lot but we just don't.We are doing well in the league ( especially with the starting games we have been dealt ) but it is frustrating at times.I don't think the day is the day we will see the team let of the leash either.

Keep it tight and hope for a flash of inspiration from our more talented guys would be my guess at tactics. Then if it’s still 0-0 or we go behind, chuck all our attacking players on for last twenty minutes. 

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

With 3 CBs and 2 defensive mids its imperative we get pace and creativity into those wing back roles. In my eyes Ginnelly is perfect for that rwb in this system if fit. Sure he will be found up the pitch at times but you have that solid back 5 to cover.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

With 3 CBs and 2 defensive mids its imperative we get pace and creativity into those wing back roles. In my eyes Ginnelly is perfect for that rwb in this system if fit. Sure he will be found up the pitch at times but you have that solid back 5 to cover.

Well Smith got a couple of knocks last week. With Woodburn likely to start this may happen today. Bit of a risk but Moore isn’t claimed to have played RWB so it might happen.

25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Very much agree.  In he heat of the game, concentration can go too. I don’t necessarily mean players lose focus on their individual efforts but their positional awareness maybe slips and where they should be at any given time in relation to the passage of play. 

I didn’t think our system worked efficiently enough, in an attacking sense, often enough.  People have spoken about Ginnelly moving to wing back. I was against it at first but it may be worth a look? I just think we need more instant pace and power on the right side and stop playing Halliday on the left ,push Cochrane forward.  

Or, we have a system that keeps one of GMS or Ginnelly in and have Woodburn playing off MBoyce.  I’d like to see McEneff get a chance and have one less defensive midfielder.  He’s got the legs to work the length of the park and get back into defend. But more importantly, another attacking threat from the middle to link with the forwards.  

Edited by Debut 4