Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• GinRummy

• King prawn

• Hearts007

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs

A tough game, I can see another draw to be honest. Hopefully a more open football game than the attritional/scrappy game against Aberdeen. I'll go 2-2

If Neilson tries to change to a back 4, we will lose. 

5 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A tough game, I can see another draw to be honest. Hopefully a more open football game than the attritional/scrappy game against Aberdeen. I'll go 2-2

If Neilson tries to change to a back 4, we will lose. 

Don't think he will. He said Woodburn would be in a wide attacking role initially. I reckon that means the normal 3-4-3.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don't think he will. He said Woodburn would be in a wide attacking role initially. I reckon that means the normal 3-4-3.

Maybe, or the dreaded 4-2-3-1 with GMS shifted central, Widdy on the left. We can switch to a back 4 once we've signed a better center half than Halkett. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Maybe, or the dreaded 4-2-3-1 with GMS shifted central, Widdy on the left. We can switch to a back 4 once we've signed a better center half than Halkett. 

Aye, I really hope that's not on the cards. Like you purely because of Halkett.

mickycameron98
10 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Hard to see past a draw with this one for no other reason than both teams are just about in the same place at the moment.

I think we are in a better position than Utd with a better squad.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, mickycameron98 said:

I think we are in a better position than Utd with a better squad.

Don't think there's much gap. A couple of things on their side as well, back to back clean sheets, plus last year of Premiership standard football in their legs. I think it's even stevens could go either way. If we can get a win it's an a great result.

Dundee Utd are a decent side under Courts, he's a good coach. It'll be a tough game and I think they will probably have a go at home, so there will be a bit of space for us to get behind them. Could be an entertaining game but we should have more quality than them. It's a game we have to win if we want to have a good season. 

Huge away support going to this and it’s a place we do okay at. 

We’ll stick to a 3 for now, being Souttar Halkett and Moore with Cochrane/Kingsley at LWB. Got the feeling Smith won’t make it so RWB will be a decision to be made if that happens. Ginelly doesn’t cover back so he might well be the one to drop out for woodburn . Someone needs to get closer to Boyce. Haring might drop to the bench to shoehorn Halliday in alongside Beni.  Or keep Haring in and play Halliday further forward instead of GMS. Why he can’t see the need to sign a RWB urgently is beyond me.

Team needs freshened. If the 2 new boys start I really fancy us. If they don’t we might need to battle for a snore draw 

Edited by JimmyCant

Horatio Caine

Not read through the entire board, but has Moore actually signed?  If not, why is he being included in possible line ups?

Bazzas right boot

2-1 either way or a draw 😁

Close game. 

No mistakes, win the second balls-hopefully a bit magic from the likes of GMS, Gino, walker, Woodburn or Boycey the difference. 

Tannadice like fir Park, Easter Road and Hamilton are the only away grounds I generally have any really confidence in getting a result. 

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Tough one this but I think we'll edge it with a late goal from Jamie Walker to win 2-1.

I'm liking this one, I want to change my answer. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

The Hearts website says that UEFA regs mean that PPV isn't available to those of us living in England. I presume they'll make the restriction based on the registered bank card address but no idea if this is the case. Anyone based in England tried to buy yet?. 

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

My only visit to Tannadice. 1-0 us under Joe Jordan. Ref sent off the wrong player. Think it was Scott Crabbe and should have been Mackay. Joe fist pumping after the game. We won five in a row then.

Would like to see Gnando and Boyce with Woodburn working the space behind, GMS or Ginnelly would have to give way. Would like McEneff starting and being allowed to do what we thought we signed him for.

Typical Neilson inspired away performance 1-1 or 0-0, with three shots on target, even with their decent goalie being an injury doubt.

https://t.co/LKFvW2gCqj

Robbie Neilson pre-match press conference 

Speaks about Ben Woodburn, Taylor Moore (deal looks a goer), what else he wants before the window closes and previews Dundee United.

Reads appreciated, Ben Woodburn interview will be up tomorrow. 

upgotheheads

With Gnando back and Woodward in who are the players who will drop out of the starting line-up (if they both play from the start)? Given recent performances I think GMS might be benched along with one of Haring /Halliday.

Gordon.

Souttar, Halkett, Cochrane,

Smith, Beni,  Woodward,  McEneff

Boyce,

Gino,  Gnando,

Of course all matches are important but this is the type of fixture that can determine just how good a season a side may have.

First match with any away support for 18 months and I think it will take time for people to get into the routine of following a side again outside Edinburgh.

The sort of venue that we can win at but are not guaranteed to do so and against a side who had a boost themselves winning away last time out and having beaten Rangers in their last home match.

We look okay but not outstanding and it will be interesting to see the performance of any new signings we may select....I think we needed not only the numbers but the players coming in to be first choice boosting the quality of the side......that is still to be seen.

Having said all that we are at least results wise in decent form and they are by no means unbeatable so a draw seems a decent prediction pre match and I'd be more confident of a win with a couple of new signings actually playing (subject to this 'quality' of signing)

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
24 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

With Gnando back and Woodward in who are the players who will drop out of the starting line-up (if they both play from the start)? Given recent performances I think GMS might be benched along with one of Haring /Halliday.

Gordon.

Souttar, Halkett, Cochrane,

Smith, Beni,  Woodward,  McEneff

Boyce,

Gino,  Gnando,

I reckon Woodward will score the Equaliser

Dundee United 1 Hearts 0

I'm upbeat, feeling good about all things HMFC so that is usually when it comes crashing down.

We are also stinking away from Edinburgh.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Dundee United 1 Hearts 0

I'm upbeat, feeling good about all things HMFC so that is usually when it comes crashing down.

We are also stinking away from Edinburgh.

Well knock me down with a feather with that prediction coming from you......as predictable as the sun rising each day.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

We should be laying down a marker here tomorrow. 

There's plenty 'extra' in this tie for robbie for obvious reasons. Nevermind that though this is a game where the squad and lads should be saying to themselves; "lets go and give them a F****** doing and grab top spot.

Fan owned club now lets f****** do this and show scottish football who the greatest team and fans in scottish football are.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I reckon Woodward will score the Equaliser

Who he?

Woodburn on the other hand will score the winner in a 2-1 victory. 

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

There's plenty 'extra' in this tie for robbie for obvious reasons. Nevermind that though this is a game where the squad and lads should be saying to themselves; "lets go and give them a F****** doing and grab top spot.

Fan owned club now lets f****** do this and show scottish football who the greatest team and fans in scottish football are.

Could not have put it better in any way.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who he?

Woodburn on the other hand will score the winner in a 2-1 victory. 

Yes, I was trying an ironic twist on the previous posters contribution.  Which clearly failed!  🙂

image.jpeg

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
14 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Exactly.

If there is an away game for Robbie not to shite his breeks, it’s this one.

1 hour ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/LKFvW2gCqj

Robbie Neilson pre-match press conference 

Speaks about Ben Woodburn, Taylor Moore (deal looks a goer), what else he wants before the window closes and previews Dundee United.

Reads appreciated, Ben Woodburn interview will be up tomorrow. 

Enjoy reading these. Quicker than listening to interviews. 👍

Need to win as Hibs have a very winable game v livi. Sets us up for top of the table clash after the international break. Us winning and hibs losing would be the better outcome obviously.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

Yes, I was trying an ironic twist on the previous posters contribution.  Which clearly failed!  🙂

image.jpeg

I’m old enough to remember him 👍🏽🙈

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Section N Rules said:

Need to win as Hibs have a very winable game v livi. Sets us up for top of the table clash after the international break. Us winning and hibs losing would be the better outcome obviously.

I’m not sure if they beat Livi in Leith last season 😆