“ Doctors “ pub trans row

JudyJudyJudy

8 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

:berra: :jjockio::omfg::arry: :shockio:

:notsure:

Its true.. Only drink on maybe a Derby or a cup game or away game. Im paranoid ill get pissed and go arse over tit down the stairs on one of the stands lol....I nearly did that a few years back at a  Celtic game. I left at half time as i was reeking. 

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• graygo

• Unknown user

• CF11JamTart

2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Its true.. Only drink on maybe a Derby or a cup game or away game. Im paranoid ill get pissed and go arse over tit down the stairs on one of the stands lol....I nearly did that a few years back at a  Celtic game. I left at half time as i was reeking. 

Yeah, fair enough, I s'pose. Watching Hearts stone-cold sober though... :ermm: Tried it once - never again! :phface:

Just now, Auld Reekin' said:

Yeah, fair enough, I s'pose. Watching Hearts stone-cold sober though... :ermm: Tried it once - never again! :phface:

Its not as bad as you think. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2021 at 13:18, JamesM48 said:

Eating 

Sleeping 

Drinking 

Having an emotional connection to someone ( if you so wish) 

Working

Going to the footie ( admittedly not as many out homosexuals do) 

Going out for meals / pubs/ clubs. concerts

Trying to get through this wretched existence really :)  

So the same as straights really apart from pegging.....

Good answer, James.  👍

3 hours ago, CF11JamTart said:

This is the future, James. 

I'm picking up the Kathleen Stock from the library tomorrow. 

Its so worrying .

• 1 month later...
JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Smithee said:

Aye poor Joanne

:cornette:

Is that  cause she a “ naw bag “ are u incapable of separating that issue from any other issues ? Really that narrow minded and compartmentalised ? 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Is that  cause she a “ naw bag “ are u incapable of separating that issue from any other issues ? Really that narrow minded and compartmentalised ? 

Don't fill in the blanks James you're no good at it, too hysterical.

A school is changing the name of one of it's houses.

Poor Joanne.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Don't fill in the blanks James you're no good at it, too hysterical.

A school is changing the name of one of it's houses.

Poor Joanne.

It’s more than that and you know that . It’s about freedom of speech and opinion however unpalatable it may be to some . And the blanks are well

filled in . Come on evidence some honest eh 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s more than that and you know that . It’s about freedom of speech and opinion however unpalatable it may be to some . And the blanks are well

filled in . Come on evidence some honest eh 

The school are free to call their houses whatever TF they like.

Poor Joanne.

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The school are free to call their houses whatever TF they like.

Poor Joanne.

Ok. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ok yourself, you don't half talk some hysterical pish. 

Poor JK Rowling. Disgraceful

Ok ! 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another dispute over sex and gender. Nice summary of the position too.

Yes the classic conflating of sex and gender. Its often deliberate. I got asked what gender i was on a survey at work and I said " None". The person asked me  " whom do i identify as?" I said I don't  " identify" as a man. I am  a man.  That's it.   She was rather gob smacked really as she is probably used to people not actually processing the question. We have also had to dreaded email notification about what we wish to be refered to as , as in pronouns. I answered its fairly obvious which pronoun i am. 

6 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes the classic conflating of sex and gender. Its often deliberate. I got asked what gender i was on a survey at work and I said " None". The person asked me  " whom do i identify as?" I said I don't  " identify" as a man. I am  a man.  That's it.   She was rather gob smacked really as she is probably used to people not actually processing the question. We have also had to dreaded email notification about what we wish to be refered to as , as in pronouns. I answered its fairly obvious which pronoun i am. 

I'd just give 1st person pronouns of I/Me so that people have a nightmare trying to construct sentences 😂

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'd just give 1st person pronouns of I/Me so that people have a nightmare trying to construct sentences 😂

:)  

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

:D If they ever make another Airplane movie, they could get a whole scene out of that one.

Brilliant summary of the trans/ gender " debate" 

What was once a grassroots movement to overcome homophobia has been hijacked by corporate interests benefiting from the monetization of the “alphabet soup.” HRC, once the leading organization for same-sex rights (along with GLAAD, NCLR, and many others), has become a pawn for an ideology that now seeks to reverse these very same rights by denying the reality of sex and homosexuality.

The “LGBTQIA+” movement today has little, if anything, to do with same-sex rights. In fact, the Equality Act as written, without our proposed amendments, is antithetical to same-sex or any sex-based protections, because it defines sex right out of existence in favor of an undefined idea of “gender.”

There is absolutely no clear or consistent definition of “gender” from any side of the gender ideology movement, nor of “queer,” the presumed Q in the so-called inclusive acronym, which was once a slur against homosexual people but now seems to mean whatever anyone wants.

The very existence of the “+” at the end leaves the door open for precisely anyone and everyone to claim a piece of the oppression pie regardless of whether they actually face genuine discrimination.
Gender ideology and same-sex rights are incompatible. You cannot promote any sex-based right while denying sex exists in the same breath. We are not afraid to admit gender is a regressive concept based entirely on sexist stereotypes.

We are not afraid to admit that gender ideology is homophobic, no matter how well you cover it up in glitter, stolen rainbows, and obfuscating language. We are not afraid to admit that “gender affirmation” is conversion therapy for confused LGB and gender-nonconforming youth; or that gender nonconformity is a beautiful thing that does not require medical intervention—it is society that must change. We are not afraid to admit that exclusively same-sex orientation exists—and it’s not “bigoted.”
We are not afraid to admit the emperor has no clothes.

16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

For someone who preaches tolerance you don't half exhibit a huge amount of intolerance.

13 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

For someone who preaches tolerance you don't half exhibit a huge amount of intolerance.

Every time I see its a notification from you i just roll my eyes as i know what's coming. Pathetic..

Edited by JamesM48

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Every time I see its a notification from you i just roll my eyes as i know what's coming. Pathetic..

Again with the intolerance. You can't help yourself. 

14 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

On this thread James has been absolutely spot on and never once have I seen him being intolerant. 

He is sticking up for his right to be a gay man from a community obsessed with making terms like being “gay” or “bi sexual” obsolete by removing gender pronouns. 

Why does the trans movement feel the need to tag themselves onto the LGB label anyways? They are a completely separate issue and have nothing in common with gay or bi sexual people IMO. Aii some gay people are camp and some gay people like to dress up in womens clothes but again that’s nothing to do with being trans. Trans is about identity not sexuality (as they rightly point out)

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Why does the trans movement feel the need to tag themselves onto the LGB label anyways?

I've asked myself the same question, Alim. LGB are all about who you choose to love and sleep with. T is completely different, to do with which gender you want to be, as I see it anyway. If the trans community want to campaign for rights, recognition, etc, fair play to them, but tagging along to the LGB community is not the way to do it as it just produces a confusing and mixed message.

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

On this thread James has been absolutely spot on and never once have I seen him being intolerant. 

He is sticking up for his right to be a gay man from a community obsessed with making terms like being “gay” or “bi sexual” obsolete by removing gender pronouns. 

Why does the trans movement feel the need to tag themselves onto the LGB label anyways? They are a completely separate issue and have nothing in common with gay or bi sexual people IMO. Aii some gay people are camp and some gay people like to dress up in womens clothes but again that’s nothing to do with being trans. Trans is about identity not sexuality (as they rightly point out)

James is intolerant of the fact that some people want to be identified as different to how he identifies them. He doesn't think they have the right to feel offended if someone refuses to use their preferred pronouns. He's not alone in this thinking but he should be more aware of their feelings having had first hand experience of being treated differently due to your identity. I don't see a society hell bent on removing gender pronouns, I do see a part of society trying to gain acceptance that some people have a right to identify their own gender and it's not up to you me or James to refuse them that right.

Not sure why you've pointed out that some gay men like to dress in women's clothes, so do some straight men.

18 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

gain acceptance that some people have a right to identify their own gender and it's not up to you me or James to refuse them that right.

The issue is that those " rights " they want are in direct conflict with the rights of sex based women's rights. I dont " identify" as gay. I am gay.  There's a difference. Language of " identity" is one of the main issues. And your damn right ill be arguing against groups of people who will try to erase what it is to be a lesbian or homosexual.  If you feels that's " intolerant" well bully for you. 

35 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Cheers. 👍

40 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Good post 👍

29 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

James is intolerant of the fact that some people want to be identified as different to how he identifies them. He doesn't think they have the right to feel offended if someone refuses to use their preferred pronouns. He's not alone in this thinking but he should be more aware of their feelings having had first hand experience of being treated differently due to your identity. I don't see a society hell bent on removing gender pronouns, I do see a part of society trying to gain acceptance that some people have a right to identify their own gender and it's not up to you me or James to refuse them that right.

Not sure why you've pointed out that some gay men like to dress in women's clothes, so do some straight men.

Fair enough with the bit highlighted in bold. 

I don’t think it is as innocent as a community wanting acceptance. They are hell bent on having society completely changed into one that sees gender as a social construct and disregards basic biology. 

The main problem i see with the above is woman's rights being thrown to one side to accommodate this community, LGB rights to be identified as such forgotten, confusion about how far someone can go with how they identify (such as identifying as a different race or as an animal for example) 

then there is the free speech issue. If I don’t want to buy into this genderless identity why should I have to? Because a bunch of radicals demand it? 

It is now considered hate speech to not refer to someone by their chosen pronouns I believe. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

The issue is that those " rights " they want are in direct conflict with the rights of sex based women's rights. I dont " identify" as gay. I am gay.  There's a difference. Language of " identity" is one of the main issues. And your damn right ill be arguing against groups of people who will try to erase what it is to be a lesbian or homosexual.  If you feels that's " intolerant" well bully for you. 

You were asked how you identify yourself because there is a general acceptance that it can be wrong to assume how someone identifies themselves. 

" I answered its fairly obvious which pronoun i am."  my 15 year old non-binary foster child would call you ignorant. A year ago I would have probably disagreed with them, today I say they are spot on.

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I've asked myself the same question, Alim. LGB are all about who you choose to love and sleep with. T is completely different, to do with which gender you want to be, as I see it anyway. If the trans community want to campaign for rights, recognition, etc, fair play to them, but tagging along to the LGB community is not the way to do it as it just produces a confusing and mixed message.

I  think the trans lobby probably got in tow with LGB initially because they felt they had something in common with that minority ? Trans people have always been more openly accepted in LGB culture and lifestyles than hetero culture. However i honestly believe that it is now being used as  a Trojan horse as they have rode on the wings of the powerful Stonewell lobby and other gay and lesbian rights organisation to the extent that gay and lesbian issues are on the periphery. As an older gay person I feel almost an outcast in LGB society due to this. Many of my friends too. We are concerned about the erasure of LGB rights and LGB people.  The trans lobby should have their own group and fight their own fights. Simple as that. Your so right as it does give a " confusing and mixed message" about LGB  as it conflates both of those very different groups i feel. 

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I don’t think it is as innocent as a community wanting acceptance. They are hell bent on having society completely changed into one that sees gender as a social construct and disregards basic biology. 

The main problem i see with the above is woman's rights being thrown to one side to accommodate this community, LGB rights to be identified as such forgotten, confusion about how far someone can go with how they identify (such as identifying as a different race or as an animal for example) 

then there is the free speech issue. If I don’t want to buy into this genderless nonesense why should I have to? Because a bunch of radicals demand it? 

well said, 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

then there is the free speech issue. If I don’t want to buy into this genderless nonesense why should I have to? Because a bunch of radicals demand it? 

50 years ago people had pretty similar views about homosexuals.

Are the views/rights of lesbians more important than the views/rights of a transgender person? 

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

then there is the free speech issue. If I don’t want to buy into this genderless identity why should I have to? Because a bunch of radicals demand it? 

It is now considered hate speech to not refer to someone by their chosen pronouns I believe. 

Sorry, meant to add that I've never met anyone with "gender issues" who has been hell bent on anything other than having people identify them the way they do, they are not trying to do away with him and her as pronouns.

6 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

50 years ago people had pretty similar views about homosexuals.

Are the views/rights of lesbians more important than the views/rights of a transgender person? 

Mate, people can identify what ever the hell they want. The western society (uk especially) is wholly accepting and tolerant of it. Most people don’t give a ****.

However when a minority community starts threatening the rights of other community’s rights to be who they are then that’s when the brakes must be pulled and discussions had. The trans community seem to be the ones who think their rights are more important than women rights. 

Do you think trans people should be competing in womens categories?

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You were asked how you identify yourself because there is a general acceptance that it can be wrong to assume how someone identifies themselves. 

" I answered its fairly obvious which pronoun i am."  my 15 year old non-binary foster child would call you ignorant. A year ago I would have probably disagreed with them, today I say they are spot on.

well whoop to do for your " non binary foster child." Id suggest he or she thinks about labels and stereotyping as this is what non binary basically is.  Tell him / her male and female sex is immutable . I know it might be so delicate for him/ her to hear but sometimes actual scientific facts are. 

10 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

It was fairly obvious which pronoun i was because my name is James.  I still haven't met a woman called James. I'm sure if i was that bothered about my pro nouns I would be making it explicit that i wanted to be referred to as she / her .

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

It was fairly obvious which pronoun i was because my name is James.  I still haven't met a woman called James. I'm sure if i was that bothered about my pro nouns I would be making it explicit that i wanted to be referred to as she / her .

Female called James, James.

13 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

NO both are valid . However one groups rights should not impact on another groups rights. 

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Female called James, James.

Nope its woman  in my book.  " an adult female being " :)