SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

i wish jj was my dad

While im always happy when politicians are caught out for being lying, incompetent arseholes, in Scotland at least, we're hardly seeing Watergate unfold. 

If the inquiry is about learning lessons from the experience so we are better prepared for the next time look at what evidence supported the decisions that were were made. It might not capture the headlines in the sun or the mail and hold the same interest for their readers but we might learn something. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Howdy Doody Jambo

The snp are all over the place 😂 a complete shambles 

manaliveits105
52 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

The snp are all over the place 😂 a complete shambles 

Still a couple of resident smurfs trying their best - bless :rofl:

29 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Still a couple of resident smurfs trying their best - bless :rofl:

The inner Karen is strong among the cultists 

That thing you do
4 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

While im always happy when politicians are caught out for being lying, incompetent arseholes, in Scotland at least, we're hardly seeing Watergate unfold. 

If the inquiry is about learning lessons from the experience so we are better prepared for the next time look at what evidence supported the decisions that were were made. It might not capture the headlines in the sun or the mail and hold the same interest for their readers but we might learn 

Agree

Jim_Duncan

If the inquiry is about learning lessons from the experience so we are better prepared for the next time look at what evidence supported the decisions that were were made. It might not capture the headlines in the sun or the mail and hold the same interest for their readers but we might learn something. 

You’d need to dissolve political government and implement some kind of technocracy if you want genuinely evidence-based decision making in times of national crisis.  Doesn’t matter the hue of their rosette, these chancers always have one eye on ‘optics’. 

JudyJudyJudy
40 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

You’d need to dissolve political government and implement some kind of technocracy if you want genuinely evidence-based decision making in times of national crisis.  Doesn’t matter the hue of their rosette, these chancers always have one eye on ‘optics’. 

Yes . There should have been a national unity Govt at that time as it was an unprecedented crisis . It would have cut out all the political play from all parties . Plus there should have been just a UK led health response and not a 4 nations response . 

i wish jj was my dad

I thought at the time that there should have been a national government during covid but given that we were hardly blessed with leaders like Atlee and Churchill it would have probably have been as well being led by the civil service rather than arsehole politicians. 

So, I cant see how having a cabinet involving BJ and Sturgeon would have functioned any better than the shiteshow we had to endure. The best I can say about how it was handled in the UK was nobody was advised to drink bleach. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I thought at the time that there should have been a national government during covid but given that we were hardly blessed with leaders like Atlee and Churchill it would have probably have been as well being led by the civil service rather than arsehole politicians. 

So, I cant see how having a cabinet involving BJ and Sturgeon would have functioned any better than the shiteshow we had to endure. The best I can say about how it was handled in the UK was nobody was advised to drink bleach. 

this is true, there’s simply no way you’d get a government of national unity today. Politicians are all in it for their own gains, their own agendas and their own career progression. It would have collapsed in no time.

People who made out Sturgeon to be Joan of Arc are as weird as the folk who couldn’t see that Johnson was a grade A weapon. 

Thunder and Lightning

A national government, can you imagine this place. Loads of the usual posting 100 times an hour about it. But not actually doing anything. 😂 

3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes . There should have been a national unity Govt at that time as it was an unprecedented crisis . It would have cut out all the political play from all parties . Plus there should have been just a UK led health response and not a 4 nations response . 

For once I am in total agreement with you. 

Unfortunately, almost every single one involved put some mixture of ego, self promotion, monetary or party political gain above getting us as safely as possible through the pandemic.  

Lord Montpelier
45 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Agree. Government of National Unity should have been convened. But would have been completely dysfunctional in the circumstances due to the clowns involved. 

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

For once I am in total agreement with you. 

Unfortunately, almost every single one involved put some mixture of ego, self promotion, monetary or party political gain above getting us as safely as possible through the pandemic.  

Yup, prompted me to follow up on some of the commentary about Jason Leitch on the Sunday show. Thoroughly depressing, not helped by reading an article in this comic;

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/scottish-news/secretive-snp-government-urged-come-31982812

Jim_Duncan

We could have had an online poll in late March 2020.

Results would have been something like...

David Attenborough as PM

Some tart with gargantuan knockers and puffed-out lips from a reality show as Health Secretary

The meerkat from the car insurance adverts as Foreign Sec.

Stephen Fry as Home Sec.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

We could have had an online poll in late March 2020.

Results would have been something like...

David Attenborough as PM

Some tart with gargantuan knockers and puffed-out lips from a reality show as Health Secretary

The meerkat from the car insurance adverts as Foreign Sec.

Stephen Fry as Home Sec.

Tbf, they would probably be just as effective. 

The point for me is that we deserve the arseholes we elect as.long as continue to allow them to manipulate public debate. It's depressingly tedious trying to challenge their shite but when we don't we find arseholes like Trump, Johnson, Truss etc making decisions that can feck up the world for years to come.  And that goes for Scottish politicians anaw albeit on a much more limited scale. 

• 2 months later...
Howdy Doody Jambo
14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough 

Well independence supporters aren't going to vote for SNPee with useless in charge 😂 

32 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough 

Isn't a vote for the SNP at a general election the ultimate wasted vote? Want rid of the tories? For the most part, return a Labour MP.

JDK2020
45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Fair enough 

And apparently the Greens have returned fire on Useless and telling folk not to vote for the nats. I have to say the nats have been disastrous for Scotland but the introduction of the greens as their partners in crime has plunged entirely new depths. 

Jim_Duncan
13 minutes ago, pablo said:

Isn't a vote for the SNP at a general election the ultimate wasted vote? Want rid of the tories? For the most part, return a Labour MP.

Voting SNP in a general election is a protest vote against common sense.

1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Voting SNP in a general election is a protest vote against common sense.

Totally. Particularly makes zero sense at the upcoming GE.

Malinga the Swinga

There needs to be a general reset with politicians, council, Scottish and UK wide.

There was an article yesterday, can't remember platform, stating there are now over 2800 councillors earning over £100k a year, which, considering the mess councils are in, is ridiculous. Edinburgh and Glasgow amongst highest in Scotland for paying these clowns salaries way on excess of their abilities. No wonder politicians don't want things to change as they're all doing well out of public purse.

Mikey1874

Lost track a bit but thought this was a referendum on independence so it doesn't matter if its Green or SNP.

henryheart
48 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There needs to be a general reset with politicians, council, Scottish and UK wide.

There was an article yesterday, can't remember platform, stating there are now over 2800 councillors earning over £100k a year, which, considering the mess councils are in, is ridiculous. Edinburgh and Glasgow amongst highest in Scotland for paying these clowns salaries way on excess of their abilities. No wonder politicians don't want things to change as they're all doing well out of public purse.

The actual figure that you are referring to is 249, not 2800, and it applies to Council employees, not councillors. 23 of those are employed by the City of Edinburgh Council and are mostly in charge of large departments looking over staff numbers in the high hundreds or in thousands and with budgets in the millions. They also have to deal with politicians and implement their decisions. Equivalents in the private sector get paid a great deal more. The top councillor gets about £60,00, but most get just over £20,000.

This is not a defence; just a statement of fact.

Malinga the Swinga
11 minutes ago, henryheart said:

The actual figure that you are referring to is 249, not 2800, and it applies to Council employees, not councillors. 23 of those are employed by the City of Edinburgh Council and are mostly in charge of large departments looking over staff numbers in the high hundreds or in thousands and with budgets in the millions. They also have to deal with politicians and implement their decisions. Equivalents in the private sector get paid a great deal more. The top councillor gets about £60,00, but most get just over £20,000.

This is not a defence; just a statement of fact.

2800 is councillors in UK who earn over £100k according to tax payers alliance. Did not want to argue though as don't know what your figure relates to.

Australis
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

And apparently the Greens have returned fire on Useless and telling folk not to vote for the nats. I have to say the nats have been disastrous for Scotland but the introduction of the greens as their partners in crime has plunged entirely new depths. 

It will take decades for any party to fix the mess they will leave us all.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Australis said:

Indeed but let's get the snp and greens oot and make a start 

JDK2020
32 minutes ago, Australis said:

The SNP/Green clots will not give a damn, they will have filled their pockets to the brim with our money and probably be down living in London or on the continent in comparative luxury well away from the hardships of the shambles they have left us. 

Lord Montpelier
34 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

The SNP/Green clots will not give a damn, they will have filled their pockets to the brim with our money and probably be down living in London or on the continent in comparative luxury well away from the hardships of the shambles they have left us. 

When they get kicked out (and it is when) expect most to turn up at blue chip companies in cushy diversity and inclusion jobs. 

JDK2020
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

When they get kicked out (and it is when) expect most to turn up at blue chip companies in cushy diversity and inclusion jobs. 

Seriously?

Who the feck is going to employ anyone from that shower of balloons? Back when some politicians (many moons ago) had some semblance of credibility and stature it was often the case that your scenario would happen, but which blue chip company would employ the likes of Yousaf, Matheson, Constance, Harvie, Slater, etc, etc, etc?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

Seriously?

Who the feck is going to employ anyone from that shower of balloons? Back when some politicians (many moons ago) had some semblance of credibility and stature it was often the case that your scenario would happen, but which blue chip company would employ the likes of Yousaf, Matheson, Constance, Harvie, Slater, etc, etc, etc?

Other balloons will employ them ! 

henryheart
2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

2800 is councillors in UK who earn over £100k according to tax payers alliance. Did not want to argue though as don't know what your figure relates to.

My figure relates to Scotland, and I assumed that is what you were referring to given the topic. The UK figure for 2024 provided by the Tax Payers Alliance was 3,106 for council employees, which is not councillors. The salaries for elected councillors that I provided were for Scotland. In England and Wales the salaries are lower. 

Gundermann
4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tax Payers' Alliance FFS... 

"Conservative Friends of Russia"

:facepalm:

Questions have been raised about the funding of the organisation and there is speculation that significant contributions are received from overseas. The TPA was given the lowest possible grade for financial transparency by Who Funds You, a British project that seeks to rate and promote transparency of funding sources of think tanks.[3][4]

The alliance has also been questioned whether the group has links to similar organisations based at 55 Tufton Street in Westminster.[5] The TPA is part of a global alliance of free-market advocacy groups known as the Atlas Network.[6]

The group was founded by political strategist Matthew Elliott, who founded Eurosceptic think tank Business for Britain[7] as well as Conservative Friends of Russia, Big Brother Watch and the NOtoAV campaign during the 2011 Alternative Vote referendum. In 2015, Elliot was appointed chief executive of the Vote Leave campaign to promote a British withdrawal from the European Union.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TaxPayers'_Alliance

Malinga the Swinga
15 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Tax Payers' Alliance FFS... 

"Conservative Friends of Russia"

:facepalm:

Questions have been raised about the funding of the organisation and there is speculation that significant contributions are received from overseas. The TPA was given the lowest possible grade for financial transparency by Who Funds You, a British project that seeks to rate and promote transparency of funding sources of think tanks.[3][4]

The alliance has also been questioned whether the group has links to similar organisations based at 55 Tufton Street in Westminster.[5] The TPA is part of a global alliance of free-market advocacy groups known as the Atlas Network.[6]

The group was founded by political strategist Matthew Elliott, who founded Eurosceptic think tank Business for Britain[7] as well as Conservative Friends of Russia, Big Brother Watch and the NOtoAV campaign during the 2011 Alternative Vote referendum. In 2015, Elliot was appointed chief executive of the Vote Leave campaign to promote a British withdrawal from the European Union.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TaxPayers'_Alliance

No idea who they are or who is behind them. Merely gave them as the source of figures in car posters thought I'd made them up. Don't see it's relevant.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We haven't heard much from the taxpayers alliance since their founder took over the vote leave campaign. They had a lot of access to Dacre before the Tories got in but no so much since.

While he was sucking up to Russian  oligarchs him and his pals were pretty quiet about the effect of the brexit campaign and the policies of Johnson and Truss meant for taxpayers. Worth checking out if you are annoyed about how much tax you pay and why. 

Gundermann
24 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No idea who they are or who is behind them. Merely gave them as the source of figures in car posters thought I'd made them up. Don't see it's relevant.

Not many people do know who's really behind them. They're a bit coy as to funding. Shadowy think tanks with dodgy connections and hardline political agenda may not be the best source for data.

12 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

We haven't heard much from the taxpayers alliance since their founder took over the vote leave campaign. They had a lot of access to Dacre before the Tories got in but no so much since.

While he was sucking up to Russian  oligarchs him and his pals were pretty quiet about the effect of the brexit campaign and the policies of Johnson and Truss meant for taxpayers. Worth checking out if you are annoyed about how much tax you pay and why. 

Hasn't this thread established that it's all the SNP's fault? 

The not-right thinkers will be blaming them for the rain next. 

Cranston
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Indeed but let's get the snp and greens oot and make a start 

👍

An utter corrupt cabal, which turns people like myself who might have been sympathetic to independence right off it, and back to voting Labour. 

redjambo
Just now, Cranston said:

👍

An utter corrupt cabal, which turns people like myself who might have been sympathetic to independence right off it, and back to voting Labour. 

:D Aye, right.

i wish jj was my dad
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

:D Aye, right.

Fonzie is just getting his water skis on.....

The Mighty Thor

Tax payers alliance 😂

Shady AF Tufton St 'think tank' full of the kind of arsehole that brought you the Truss/Kwarteng budget that was widely celebrated on here by people who struggle to tie their own laces

36 minutes ago, Cranston said:

👍

Goodfellas Laugh GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Tax payers alliance 😂

Shady AF Tufton St 'think tank' full of the kind of arsehole that brought you the Truss/Kwarteng budget that was widely celebrated on here by people who struggle to tie their own laces

There should be a list of all the arseholes who championed that bout of economic idiocy, as their credibility is in the shitter. Let nobody forget just how ****ing stupid most of these right-wing morons are. Scotland couldn't do better, ****ing really?! 

Nigel Farage is #1 

farage-1.jpg

Baffling. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

There should be a list of all the arseholes who championed that bout of economic idiocy, as their credibility is in the shitter. Let nobody forget just how ****ing stupid most of these right-wing morons are. Scotland couldn't do better, ****ing really?! 

Nigel Farage is #1 

farage-1.jpg

Baffling. 

Baffling is one word for it 😂

Meanwhile the boys are outdoing each other with page upon page of crayon munching hilarity across 2 or 3 threads on here. 

It's magic. 

Australis

The nationalists and the Greens telling everyone not to vote for each other.

It's all falling apart.

i wish jj was my dad
12 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Nigel Farage is #1 

farage-1.jpg

Baffling. 

Daily Mail had the same shite emblazoned all over their front page and their army of bots were mobilised to pump up the volume on the interweb. Aged well didn't it? 

Jim_Duncan
6 minutes ago, Australis said:

It's all falling apart.

First thing they’ve actually got right in years, but. 

Nucky Thompson

Whit aboot Toaries, Brexit, right wingers, Daily Mail.

Bingo

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Whit aboot Toaries, Brexit, right wingers, Daily Mail.

Bingo

You missed “ tufton street “ ! 😂 

IMG_8026.gif

Cranston
10 minutes ago, Australis said:

It's all falling apart.

There has to have been success firstly for it to have 'falling apart'. The Snp Greens coalition was always doomed to being one of unedifying spectacular failure. Puts one off independence, a real shame that it turned out the way it has.