SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

frankblack
3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Nice policies = electoral bribes

You guys are beyond parody. :lol:

I'm sure all those with desperate need for carers and home help will be thankful of all the money wasted on free bus travel.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

manaliveits105

Who’s paying for Elsie’s trip to America ?

Has Pete found some dosh doon the sofa ?

Hows yon ferries getting on ?

JudyJudyJudy

Incredible item on STV news about the free bus pass and the " barriers" for some families for their children to receive one,  Those " barriers" include the need to have ID and the onerous task of completing a form online or going to a library to get help with completing  it.  ALL that is wrong with Sturgeons Scotland. 

Jamstomorrow

Why do people keep saying that the things the snp dish out are 'free?'  Nothing is they dole out is free.  It is paid for by taxpayers and probably at the expense of something else.

1 minute ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Why do people keep saying that the things the snp dish out are 'free?'  Nothing is they dole out is free.  It is paid for by taxpayers and probably at the expense of something else.

This is exactly the sort of thing I want my taxes to go towards.

Lord Montpelier
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Incredible item on STV news about the free bus pass and the " barriers" for some families for their children to receive one,  Those " barriers" include the need to have ID and the onerous task of completing a form online or going to a library to get help with completing  it.  ALL that is wrong with Sturgeons Scotland. 

That must be so hard for them. 

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It's a well known fact that there are no lazy people anywhere else in the world.

There are, however we can do something about the lazy people in Scotland, who in my experience are mainly Scots.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There are, however we can do something about the lazy people in Scotland, who in my experience are mainly Scots.

What do you think Sturgeon should be doing about lazy people?

JudyJudyJudy
14 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Yep 

8 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

That must be so hard for them. 

Oh the parent on it was nearly in tears.  Should watch it on catchup at 7 pm. An absolute joke. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

Oh the parent on it was nearly in tears.  Should watch it on catchup at 7 pm. An absolute joke. 

Not a very effective bribe then?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Not a very effective bribe then?

Not really as they forgot to hand deliver the free passes to the parent ( or parents ) . Silly error really 

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

If she doesn't know by now, then she never will. 

JudyJudyJudy
32 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

sack them from her cabinet ?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
8 hours ago, pablo said:

15 years in charge and the legacy is baby boxes and bus passes for people in their twenties. Impressive stuff.

:lol:

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If she doesn't know by now, then she never will. 

You don't know then?

Jambo-Jimbo
54 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I haven't watched it so I can't comment if there is other reasons why they had problems, but my granddaughter applied for a free bus pass, took her all of 2 minutes online on her phone, no problems whatsoever.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I haven't watched it so I can't comment if there is other reasons why they had problems, but my granddaughter applied for a free bus pass, took her all of 2 minutes online on her phone, no problems whatsoever.

Stop being positive as you’ll upset the drama queen.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Was to do with having the correct  ID mainly photographic.   That was the main "barrier"  it seems. it just felt like those making the complaints just wanted the passes on a plate without making any effort to complete the necessary forms , like most people have to. 

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Was to do with having the correct  ID mainly photographic.   That was the main "barrier"  it seems. it just felt like those making the complaints just wanted the passes on a plate without making any effort to complete the necessary forms , like most people have to. 

You find that's often the case.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You find that's often the case.

Yep. Its a bloody free bus pass , make some effort . 

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You don't know then?

I know what I would do, but I'm not the First minister of Scotland. The current First minister would appear to not have a scooby.

Pans Jambo

Bus passes for kids and old folks….or Thermo Nuclear Bombs & tens of £millions decorating a billionaires palace?
Mmmmm what to do, what - to - do???

I know! I will go on a football forum & post some faux outrage and call the main democratically elected party of Scotland (11 times in a row) names. 

Instead of being outraged, why dont you just vote against them?

Oh, you did :jj:

Nucky Thompson
29 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

You need proof of address and birth certificates etc

My wife got my daughters rejected twice before she managed to get it done and that was after a lengthy phone call.

She was banging her head of a wall at the end :biggrin2:

Unknown user
20 hours ago, jonesy said:

Why not free bus passes for folk in FT employment? They contribute more to the exchequer and there are daily stories of people in FT work unable to feed themselves or their families.

Local public transport should be free at point of use if you ask me

12 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I know what I would do, but I'm not the First minister of Scotland. The current First minister would appear to not have a scooby.

What would you do?

Unknown user
2 hours ago, frankblack said:

I'm sure all those with desperate need for carers and home help will be thankful of all the money wasted on free bus travel.

Shit bribe then if it's alienating voters

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What would you do?

I will let you know when I become the first minister.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Why so evasive?

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You'll need a manifesto!

Mind you that'll only tell us what isn't very likely to happen at all 🤔

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Local public transport should be free at point of use if you ask me

How much would that cost?

And where would you take the money from to cover that cost?

frankblack
1 minute ago, Ked said:

Council funding and the NHS I'd imagine.  Then blame the Toaries.

Weakened Offender
46 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What would you do, oh wise one? 😀

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

What would you do, oh wise one? 😀

I refer the poster to previous answers given above.

frankblack
32 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Shit bribe then if it's alienating voters

We have already seen the SNP's strategy to those in care homes during the pandemic.   I guess they figure they aren't their demographic.

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Ked said:

Well I'd put these things first, infrastructure, facilities, welfare, things that the have nots in particular need.

Then, everything else can work around it and we can ask how much they cost and where's the money coming from.

An independent Scotland would be free of Westminster's 2 trillion pound debt and the interest payments they need, so we'd have room to play with.

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

We have already seen the SNP's strategy to those in care homes during the pandemic.   I guess they figure they aren't their demographic.

The oldies have previously proven to be a threat to Independence. The SNP's strategy was necessary. 

On 15/05/2022 at 16:37, Lord Montpelier said:

Free baby boxes isn't a policy, it's a gimmick. 

Finland has been handing out free baby boxes as part of the maternity system since 1938. A recent report found that over 60 countries use some form of baby "box" maternity package, not only to offer practical support to mothers of newborns but also to help with advice and handy hints on the rearing of their offspring.

It is far from being a gimmick, although I can imagine how it might seem that way to a male who very probably doesn't understand the needs of mothers, especially those in poverty or overwhelmed by all that has to be done for a new child, nor has much love for the Government who instituted the service.

CF11JamTart
6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Finland has been handing out free baby boxes as part of the maternity system since 1938. A recent report found that over 60 countries use some form of baby "box" maternity package, not only to offer practical support to mothers of newborns but also to help with advice and handy hints on the rearing of their offspring.

It is far from being a gimmick, although I can imagine how it might seem that way to a male who very probably doesn't understand the needs of mothers, especially those in poverty or overwhelmed by all that has to be done for a new child, nor has much love for the Government who instituted the service.

The biggest change that Finland made was a massive investment in midwifery and ante natal health visitors. Yes, they gave baby boxes, but they also made a real increase in health care professionals getting out to rural communities. 

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Smithee said:

2 trillion pound debt and the interest payments they need, so we'd have room to play with.

is that not a UK debt ?

Lord Montpelier
23 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Sorry, its a state sponsored gimmick. But I guess also in a sense, one of few SNP 'success' stories (insofar as they have actually done something practical)

Good of you to assume you know what I do and don't understand about the needs of mothers. 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

is that not a UK debt ?

That's right, so that's the only legal entity obliged to pay it

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You need proof of address and birth certificates etc

My wife got my daughters rejected twice before she managed to get it done and that was after a lengthy phone call.

She was banging her head of a wall at the end :biggrin2:

I know my granddaughter didn't need to do that, birth certificate etc, certain she used her Young Scot card as proof of ID, maybe she needed to supply birth certifcate etc for the Young Scot card when she got that a few years ago, hence why she didn't need to for the bus pass.

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That's right, so that's the only legal entity obliged to pay it

Yeah but you know fine well that the Scot Gov will pay its fair share . 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I know my granddaughter didn't need to do that, birth certificate etc, certain she used her Young Scot card as proof of ID, maybe she needed to supply birth certifcate etc for the Young Scot card when she got that a few years ago, hence why she didn't need to for the bus pass.

Yeah, I think that rings a bell

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Yeah but you know fine well that the Scot Gov will pay its fair share . 

I don't know that fine well at all, and that's no reason we should. 

I'll fight tooth and nail against Scotland being saddled with hundreds of billions of Westminster's debt. They're arseholes, making a royal ***** of everything, and we pick up the bill?

Bollocks.