SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

52 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Likrly a bit closer to the truth or they would be encouraging us to FO. 

£15Bn deficit aye?
Why is there not “Scotland costs the UK taxpayer £288.5 Million per week” on the side of a Boris bus???

Because its all shite thats why!

👍 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

jack D and coke
11 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Come on Nucky, GERS! Designed by that idiot Lang to show Scotland in a poor light. It's a unionist tick box exercise. Intelligent folk don't believe anything from Westminster regarding Scotland. 

Why do they go to such lengths to keep us if we're skint? Why do unionist Scots accept their insults of them and our country? 

Richard Murphy takes it apart every year. Ian Lang invented it to quell the growing indy movement in the early 90’s as for so long there had been no record of Scottish finances dating back decades when they stopped publishing them. Scotland’s money was being syphoned off and it was the Church of Scotland who had questioned just exactly what “imperial services” was. Back then tens of millions of pounds was being taken and sometimes 3 quarters of money raised here was being kept for “imperial services”. Then GERS comes along to make us look absolutely peppered mint and reliant on these transfers. It’s pretty pathetic. 

It’s a strange thing that the Scottish govt use it though. The GDP for example is wholly based on estimates and as Murphy points out is calculated differently as opposed to England. Where is their GERS equivalent btw? Can we compare? Apparently the devolved nations make up a vast amount of the deficit yet Scotland is the only country in the UK with a trade surplus. Murphy says it’s open to manipulation. Is there some requirement to use it? It’s clearly not the whole picture but why do they continue to use it is the question. 

26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He really is a complete and utter Wally 

I bet he puts a claim in against the cleaner for the floor being not grippy enough for nashing about on a scooter in an office.

No shame that guy.

jack D and coke
42 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He really is a complete and utter Wally 

Seen someone re-tweeting him last night about people laughing at him and wondered what he was on about. That’s quality. 
A tit of a man. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Richard Murphy takes it apart every year. Ian Lang invented it to quell the growing indy movement in the early 90’s as for so long there had been no record of Scottish finances dating back decades when they stopped publishing them. Scotland’s money was being syphoned off and it was the Church of Scotland who had questioned just exactly what “imperial services” was. Back then tens of millions of pounds was being taken and sometimes 3 quarters of money raised here was being kept for “imperial services”. Then GERS comes along to make us look absolutely peppered mint and reliant on these transfers. It’s pretty pathetic. 

It’s a strange thing that the Scottish govt use it though. The GDP for example is wholly based on estimates and as Murphy points out is calculated differently as opposed to England. Where is their GERS equivalent btw? Can we compare? Apparently the devolved nations make up a vast amount of the deficit yet Scotland is the only country in the UK with a trade surplus. Murphy says it’s open to manipulation. Is there some requirement to use it? It’s clearly not the whole picture but why do they continue to use it is the question. 

Richard Murphy is very good at dispelling the myths. We'll get some roaster on here given it "ah but!" 

42 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The  muppet probably breached health and safety , the Scottish Gavin Williamson .

9803F944-7CE8-4C2D-A00C-93E3DAF93226.jpeg

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Off course rabid Nationalists are going to think everything is a unionist conspiracy, but like you say GERS is on the Scottish government website. 

It's normal people who are on the fence that need to be convinced and saying everything is lies and a conspiracy is not very convincing, especially if it's on the SG website and reported in a paper like the Scotsman 

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Would be funny if the irony of it wasn’t aff the scale😂

Hypocrisy, not irony.

You'd have a point if it was posted by a Tory supporter, or an apologist for any of the wealth appropriating, establishment lackeys that masquerade as Government in the people's interests.

But it wasn't.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Hypocrisy, not irony.

You'd have a point if it was posted by a Tory supporter, or an apologist for any of the wealth appropriating, establishment lackeys that masquerade as Government in the people's interests.

But it wasn't.

Oh is that a bit jaggy from you pal there no like you :lol: 

I find this funny as apart from manalive (who was a previous Yes voter🤥and probably donated last time) I doubt any of that £600k is any of our money. Whereas the British govt has used all out monies to enrich their pals. Doesn’t mean the snp should get off bit i do love some whataboutery😉
I’ll take the irony/hypocrisy faux pas though🤪😄

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Oh is that a bit jaggy from you pal there no like you :lol: 

I find this funny as apart from manalive (who was a previous Yes voter🤥and probably donated last time) I doubt any of that £600k is any of our money. Whereas the British govt has used all out monies to enrich their pals. Doesn’t mean the snp should get off bit i do love some whataboutery😉
I’ll take the irony/hypocrisy faux pas though🤪😄

It was eh. Sorry man. 🤷‍♂️

I'll stick to the long-range pot-shots, light hearted belligerence, and general talking of off-topic shite. 👍

jack D and coke
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

It was eh. Sorry man. 🤷‍♂️

I'll stick to the long-range pot-shots, light hearted belligerence, and general talking of off-topic shite. 👍

Haha no apology needed pal. 
We need much more long-range pot shots, light hearted belligerence and general talking of off topic shite imo😉

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Said it many times, but if there is ever going to be another referendum. They need to open the books properly, so that we all know what we basing our decision on (from a financial perspective anyway). One side is at it, or they both are to various degrees.

Snp mouthpiece getting her arse handed to her on Twitter due to this tweet , yet not tweeting about lack of ambulances etc . Aye 

E9FC4E94-60C5-43AF-AECA-6979BC7868FE.jpeg

110D206C-8F19-4246-B6E6-FA695CCD5D02.jpeg

DB05D418-58C4-418F-9901-B5021A79FCFF.jpeg

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, pablo said:

Said it many times, but if there is ever going to be another referendum. They need to open the books properly, so that we all know what we basing our decision on (from a financial perspective anyway). One side is at it, or they both are to various degrees.

While I agree in a way that’s not going to happen. The British govt made it clear last time there wouldnt be any kind of negotiation beforehand whatsoever opening the books is also off the table. They want you to be afraid of it. They want you doubting everything. I mean you might vote for it otherwise. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Exactly. We can't trust Westminster to tell us though! Why do they want to keep Scotland? 

7 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

:rofl: 

What a twat

Do you know why he's using that. He tore his Achilles and needed to be at work. 

I find this pretty shite. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

You mean like what happened for brexit, not. No matter what either side claims, the other side won't believe them so would be a waste of time. The SG will put out detailed info. on the financial implications of independence, along with other implications, but the hard no camp will just call them made up and the hard yes will treat them as the word of God. It comes down to the switherers, and there aren't many/any of them that post on here

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Do you know why he's using that. He tore his Achilles and needed to be at work. 

Yeah I knew. Well i did after the fall and I still find it funny. What was he doing trying to look smart flying along there going as fast as he could? Went at a decent pace he doesn’t fall. Made a right twat of himself. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Why do they want to keep Scotland? 

The UK government don't want to 'keep' Scotland for any hidden wealth or something that Nationalists want you to believe.

They don't want to be the Government that presided over the break up of the Union.

If English people got the chance for independence, I would bet that they would take it.

Scottish people voted no, so it looks more like we want to keep them

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

He tore his Achilles and needed to be at work. 

Not as shite as Humza finds it, tbf.

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

While I agree in a way that’s not going to happen. The British govt made it clear last time there wouldnt be any kind of negotiation beforehand whatsoever opening the books is also off the table. They want you to be afraid of it. They want you doubting everything. I mean you might vote for it otherwise. 

I'm not so sure about that. I doubt a second one would be exactly the same. Anyway, I'm not talking about a negotiation. What I mean is the SG working alongside the UK to deliver the White Paper. They both sign off on it and we get to see what we're voting for. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

You mean like what happened for brexit, not. No matter what either side claims, the other side won't believe them so would be a waste of time. The SG will put out detailed info. on the financial implications of independence, along with other implications, but the hard no camp will just call them made up and the hard yes will treat them as the word of God. It comes down to the switherers, and there aren't many/any of them that post on here

That's not good enough. Both governments need to work together, with full fiscal transparency to deliver a White Paper. If both sides sign off on it, then the Scottish public will know what it's voting for. I can't see why the SG wouldn't agree to this, if that was a condition of being granted a referendum? 

jack D and coke
53 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm not so sure about that. I doubt a second one would be exactly the same. Anyway, I'm not talking about a negotiation. What I mean is the SG working alongside the UK to deliver the White Paper. They both sign off on it and we get to see what we're voting for. 

Yeah. But it’s wishful thinking really I reckon. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

That's not good enough. Both governments need to work together, with full fiscal transparency to deliver a White Paper. If both sides sign off on it, then the Scottish public will know what it's voting for. I can't see why the SG wouldn't agree to this, if that was a condition of being granted a referendum? 

It might not be good enough but it's a lot better than what we had to go on before the Brexit referendum. And if you really think the tories will do anything to assist the SG you must believe in fairies

4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The UK government don't want to 'keep' Scotland for any hidden wealth or something that Nationalists want you to believe.

They don't want to be the Government that presided over the break up of the Union.

If English people got the chance for independence, I would bet that they would take it.

Scottish people voted no, so it looks more like we want to keep them

I don't have a problem with the word "Nationalist" and you're using it in  derogatory manner. I believe Scotland and it's people are more than capable of running their own  affairs whereas you don't. I think you're a British Nationlist because you believe in that state and I'm a Scottish one because I believe in the Scottish nation. The British Government wish to keep Scotland for monetary reasons and playing Billy Big Baws as the UK. England would just get laughed at. 

A lot of Scots believe the propaganda perpetuated by the British State. Hence the "no" vote. 

The break up of the union! Is it equal? Who really cares it means nothing and as you stated the English people would gladly be rid of us.

Westminster hides Scotland's real wealth and only a fool believes otherwise.

6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don't have a problem with the word "Nationalist" and you're using it in  derogatory manner. I believe Scotland and it's people are more than capable of running their own  affairs whereas you don't. I think you're a British Nationlist because you believe in that state and I'm a Scottish one because I believe in the Scottish nation. The British Government wish to keep Scotland for monetary reasons and playing Billy Big Baws as the UK. England would just get laughed at. 

A lot of Scots believe the propaganda perpetuated by the British State. Hence the "no" vote. 

The break up of the union! Is it equal? Who really cares it means nothing and as you stated the English people would gladly be rid of us.

There will never be independence if you keep up the you’re not properly Scottish unless you vote yes bollocks. 

I do agree that if we were such a financial burden then why bother about us even if no UK government would want that on their record. 

People care about their financial security and not some freedom from England nonsense. 

Would you want Scotland to rejoin the EU? And how would you deal with the currency issue? 

I voted yes last time but would want a much clearer economic plan going forward to vote the same way again. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

There will never be independence if you keep up the you’re not properly Scottish unless you vote yes bollocks. 

I do agree that if we were such a financial burden then why bother about us even if no UK government would want that on their record. 

People care about their financial security and not some freedom from England nonsense. 

Would you want Scotland to rejoin the EU? And how would you deal with the currency issue? 

I voted yes last time but would want a much clearer economic plan going forward to vote the same way again. 

Fair enough Des 👍. Wasn't trying to be a Braveheart type. Just fed up with the negative portrayal of Scotland with some on here. 

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

Fair enough Des 👍. Wasn't trying to be a Braveheart type. Just fed up with the negative portrayal of Scotland with some on here. 

I agree with that! It’s ridiculous and bizarre. 

15 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

All forms of nationalism is pish

Getting excited waving wee pishy flags  :jj_facepalm:

It's not about flags, it's about belief in your nation and its people. Why do we constantly see union flags everywhere, especially on tv, if it's not about flags? British Nationalists are a right old bunch, eh? Can we not just say Scotland can be independent but we'd rather be governed by England as that is what it is, really.  The government is in the capital of that country with the most MPs. I love England and its people and I have English family and friends but we could do better ourselves and change our psyche.

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's not about flags, it's about belief in your nation and its people. Why do we constantly see union flags everywhere, especially on tv, if it's not about flags? British Nationalists are a right old bunch, eh? Can we not just say Scotland can be independent but we'd rather be governed by England as that is what it is, really.  The government is in the capital of that country with the most MPs. I love England and its people and I have English family and friends but we could do better ourselves and change our psyche.

0_BESTPIX-Pro-Independence-March-In-Glasgow.jpg.a3d8c634cf68b1f42e64378f79782475.jpg

Nucky Thompson
54 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'm not using Nationalist in derogatory manner at all. 

Scotland and their people made a choice, but that obviously doesn't matter because it wasn't the result that some people wanted.

Your point about playing billy big baws is laughable, Scots have been more than valuable to the British Empire, probably more than the English and they know it.

The British state is the Scottish, English Welsh and Northern Irish state

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Scotland and their people made a choice, but that obviously doesn't matter because it wasn't the result that some people wanted.

Your point about playing billy big baws is laughable, Scots have been more than valuable to the British Empire, probably more than the English and they know it.

It’s not about the result they wanted. Scottish independence has never went away since 1707. Not really or there wouldn’t be an SNP for starters. It’s ebbed and flowed at different times and at this moment it’s higher than usual or it has been for a good number of years. You can’t just tell it to go away that’s why I believe WM telling us we won’t be having one is fuel.  There has to be positive case for the union and it’s not really coming. 
Obviously I accept that a positive case for indy isnt floating for you either. 
I fully accepted the No and I’m not hell bent on Indy but things have changed since 2014 and this tory govt lurches further right and more bonkers all the time. Again I appreciate that some people don’t agree with me and never will. 
Fair dos. 

10 minutes ago, Ked said:

0_BESTPIX-Pro-Independence-March-In-Glasgow.jpg.a3d8c634cf68b1f42e64378f79782475.jpg

What's your point? I wasn't there and well done to all who attended. Not going to make much difference to anything. No fights, loutishness you get Union flag types! Are you embarrassed by the saltire?

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yes you are! The Scots were more influential in the British Empire, are you serious? I don't here much gaelic across the world.

A lot of Scots believed the propaganda and still do. No pensions or Eastenders ffs! Can't use Sterling, banks will move, the tide will stop, the sky will be green, your house will sink, aliens will land, Scotland will win the World Cup........

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Yes you are! The Scots were more influential in the British Empire, are you serious? I don't here much gaelic across the world.

A lot of Scots believed the propaganda and still do. No pensions or Eastenders ffs! Can't use Sterling, banks will move, the tide will stop, the sky will be green, your house will sink, aliens will land, Scotland will win the World Cup........

How would you deal with the currency issue post Brexit? 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

How would you deal with the currency issue post Brexit? 

I wouldn't be dealing with it. That's up to civil servants and economists. I couldn't care less about it, hasn't bothered any other nations.