SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

The Mighty Thor
26 minutes ago, Deke Thornton said:

Hard to articulate in a definitive way. But I think the direct constituency representative aspect of MPs (perhaps not as strong now as it once was) is important in a National legislature but maybe less so in a devolved assembly. I can’t imagine ‘list’ MPs at Westminster.

Let me help you.

If holyrood was FPTP the SNP would have won all but one seat.

Meanwhile in a PR Westminster Parliament the tories would not have a majority at all based on 2019 vote share.

I trust that clarifies matters 👍

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

15 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Let me help you.

Meanwhile in a PR Westminster Parliament the tories would not have a majority at all based on 2019 vote share.

Do you think it's the Scottish voters defeating the purpose of PR? 

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Let me help you.

Great point. Labour setup holyrood to make sure the SNP could never get a majority too. Fail :lol: 

It would be ridiculous if FPTP. 
For the SNP majority I mean. 

Edited by jack D and coke

This might not be the right thread but never mind...

Assuming that some (a lot?) of Scotland's imports / exports come via the Channel Tunnel, if Scotland does gain independence and rejoins the EU will the UK (i.e. England) be happy for our imports / exports to be driven through England to get here? 

If were to become totally reliant on shipping do we have the facilities, i.e deep water ports that can handle the biggest cargo ships, to be able to do so? 

26 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

Assuming that some (a lot?) of Scotland's imports / exports come via the Channel Tunnel, if Scotland does gain independence and rejoins the EU will the UK (i.e. England) be happy for our imports / exports to be driven through England to get here? 

If were to become totally reliant on shipping do we have the facilities, i.e deep water ports that can handle the biggest cargo ships, to be able to do so? 

Judging by the turnout at the ‘Hope over Fear’ rally in Glasgow today there’s more chance of Oscar Pistorius getting athletes foot than Scotland ever gaining independence. 

Be lucky if there was 3 or 4 hundred freedom fighters between that and the wee march up in Dundee yesterday. Bless.

2 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

That’s something that Scotland need not worry about at all ! 

1 hour ago, Mars plastic said:

Judging by the turnout at the ‘Hope over Fear’ rally in Glasgow today there’s more chance of Oscar Pistorius getting athletes foot than Scotland ever gaining independence. 

Be lucky if there was 3 or 4 hundred freedom fighters between that and the wee march up in Dundee yesterday. Bless.

Lol lol 

74339E9D-93B0-4140-BDEC-9AF90A291EF3.jpeg

43 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

So neither of you have any idea then. 

Those posts added a lot. 

Nucky Thompson
42 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This forum used to be quite good. It’s now populated by people who only post links to someone else’s social media or hilarious memes. 

It’s now quite frankly, utterly shite. 

It's only shite if you don't like the content Barney :thumbsup:

Edited by Nucky Thompson

The Real Maroonblood
46 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

This forum used to be quite good. It’s now populated by people who only post links to someone else’s social media or hilarious memes. 

It’s now quite frankly, utterly shite. 

This.

manaliveits105

Ted(better thanElvis)Christopher singing at George Square I see 

does a good TA party does Ted 

and wearing his Andrew De Moray T-shirt - the original Andy Murray led the North Rising and  was bigger harder and more important than William Wallace and had he not suffered a fatal wound in battle chances are we wouldn’t have heard as much about William Wallace

here endeth the lesson 

Edited by manaliveits105

45 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nah. Not true mate. 90% of posts on this site are toxic and it’s dominated by ten or twenty posters who post 90% of the content. 

Everyone seems to be up for a pagger constantly and people come out with stuff they wouldn’t dream of saying if they were actually in the other persons company. 

Both the terrace and shed are really unpleasant places. 

This forum started off as a place for like minded Hearts supporters to talk about Hearts.

It’s now ‘evolved’ into the Terrace being either pro or contra Robbie and the shed being pro or contra independence and pro or contra vaccination.  

Every ****ing day is the same old shite. It’s utterly boring.

It’s not compulsory to post on it !

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Nah. Not true mate. 90% of posts on this site are toxic and it’s dominated by ten or twenty posters who post 90% of the content. 

Everyone seems to be up for a pagger constantly and people come out with stuff they wouldn’t dream of saying if they were actually in the other persons company. 

Both the terrace and shed are really unpleasant places. 

This forum started off as a place for like minded Hearts supporters to talk about Hearts.

It’s now ‘evolved’ into the Terrace being either pro or contra Robbie and the shed being pro or contra independence and pro or contra vaccination.  

Every ****ing day is the same old shite. It’s utterly boring.

It’s a trollathon like most social media now there’s little doubt about that. Some posters have no intention of ever discussing anything and just post drivel to get a reaction. 
Anyway Barney Battles was a good mussy lad like masel and youre a good poster pal don’t lose the heed👍🏼

19 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I’ve been on this board since day one and to be honest it’s utter fan dans like you that have put me right off. 

I await a Judy Garland meme.

340C7721-5BC7-4BC0-BF6F-737F901292BC.gif

jack D and coke
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Ted(better thanElvis)Christopher singing at George Square I see 

does a good TA party does Ted 

and wearing his Andrew De Moray T-shirt - the original Andy Murray led the North Rising and  was bigger harder and more important than William Wallace and had he not suffered a fatal wound in battle chances are we wouldn’t have heard as much about William Wallace

here endeth the lesson 

I’m always surprised by the lack of legend surrounding James Douglas too. I’d never heard of the guy until a couple of years ago. 

Will TV’s Nicola Sturgeon or Secretary for Health, Scooter, appear today to tell us what’s going on with the NHS and ambulance service?? 

manaliveits105

On GMTV they were talking about the M25 demonstrators chaos and a guy trying to take his mother to hospital after she had a stroke stuck for 6 hours and missing early intervention and she is paralysed down one side - the ex leader of the Greens basically said they were sorry about that but there are bigger issues . Richard Madely made the comment when the party goals/cause is more important than individuals that is Fascism - good job we dont have any party like that in Scotland ........... oh wait a minute !

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

On GMTV they were talking about the M25 demonstrators chaos and a guy trying to take his mother to hospital after she had a stroke stuck for 6 hours and missing early intervention and she is paralysed down one side - the ex leader of the Greens basically said they were sorry about that but there are bigger issues . Richard Madely made the comment when the party goals/cause is more important than individuals that is Fascism - good job we dont have any party like that in Scotland ........... oh wait a minute !

The Greens are fruitcakes and unsurprising that the only place they have power is in the Banana Republic of Haggistan.

6 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Polls eh? 

E8C1A377-890F-4505-9900-B95CF346C627.jpeg

The only poll which matters is on the day . I recall the polls up to the ref were saying the yes would win .

manaliveits105

The krankies and their media pals are going to bombard us with positive (constructed) polls during their autumn campaign 

I twice passed a stall with numerous flags and manned by dudes in tartan trousers and big moooooostaches on the Lanark Road the other day - nobody was going near them.

Pity the snp dont put as much effort in to running the country properly.

7 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

You watch GMTV? Says all I need to know....

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Polls eh? 

E8C1A377-890F-4505-9900-B95CF346C627.jpeg

We all know the idea of scottish independence is dead for a long time. Even nicola sturgeon knows that indy 2 isn't happening at any point soon. Hence the I would like to have it in 2023. She cant even set the date. She ain't got the power or the balls.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Trooping the colour & the Proms re-runs. I love it!!!

No I doubt you watch those programmes. I'm still curious as to the news channels you may watch or newspapers you may read to form such balanced opinions though. 

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

No I doubt you watch those programmes. I'm still curious as to the news channels you may watch or newspapers you may read to form such balanced opinions though. 

I rarely watch any TV and haven't bought a newspaper in 10 years or more.

10 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wouldn't disagree he's wired differently after reading his posts. 

"Wired differently" in that I can see the positive ways that my country would flourish away from the cesspit that is Westminster?

Seems to be a lot of "Scotland is shite" (unless it's mum and dad in London running the show) brigade on JKB. Disgusts me.

Edited by Pans Jambo

21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

"Wired differently" in that I can see the positive ways that my country would flourish away from the cesspit that is Westminster?

Seems to be a lot of "Scotland is shite" (unless it's mum and dad in London running the show) brigade on JKB. Disgusts me.

Scotland is shite under the snp. Utterly shite. 

2 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Scotland is shite under the snp. Utterly shite. 

I'm in my 50's mate, the union brigade had their chances and made an total arse of it. Be like Hearts getting Eduard Malofeyev back in charge!

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I'm in my 50's mate, the union brigade had their chances and made an total arse of it. Be like Hearts getting Eduard Malofeyev back in charge!

If Scotland were to become independent, who's army would Sturgeon get to drive the ambulances?

Just now, Mars plastic said:

If Scotland were to become independent, who's army would Sturgeon get to drive the ambulances?

OK, so that's your main concern is it?

Maybe instead of being British army cannon fodder you could get those guys to drive the........away and boil yer heed!

The Mighty Thor
10 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Probably the army we've paid for over the last three hundred years. 

jack D and coke
Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Probably the army we've paid for over the last three hundred years. 

Haha exactly. It’s our money, our people and our blood that has been spilt in that army for centuries. It’s oors!!! :lol: 
England has used the army too. More than us during the pandemic. How is this news here and not there you wonder. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Haha exactly. It’s our money, our people and our blood that has been spilt in that army for centuries. It’s oors!!! :lol: 
England has used the army too. More than us during the pandemic. How is this news here and not there you wonder. 

There's some bizarre contortions of logic going on between the lugs of some of the uncle tams. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I rarely watch any TV and haven't bought a newspaper in 10 years or more.

So you just make it up then? All the stuff you post but with nothing to base it on. The Westminster cesspit, ha ha just replace Westminster with Holyrood and you'd be on the money there. 

On 20/09/2021 at 12:58, JamesM48 said:

The only poll which matters is on the day . I recall the polls up to the ref were saying the yes would win .

You recall wrong.

23 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

The krankies and their media pals are going to bombard us with positive (constructed) polls during their autumn campaign 

I twice passed a stall with numerous flags and manned by dudes in tartan trousers and big moooooostaches on the Lanark Road the other day - nobody was going near them.

Pity the snp dont put as much effort in to running the country properly.

I'd vote for SNP/Indy but would definitely be swerving any of those tables too. Especially when there is no election or referendum anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Mars plastic said:

Well, that's added to the debate.

And your "It's shite being Scottish" was a great opener...

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

You recall wrong.

I'd vote for SNP/Indy but would definitely be swerving any of those tables too. Especially when there is no election or referendum anytime soon.

And your "It's shite being Scottish" was a great opener...

Oh it Was a lifetime ago and I’ve erased it from my brain really