SNP and Greens coalition.

ri Alban

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

You're a Lord so I would imagine you don't have any need for a chauffeured mountain bike. 

You've called it there Pans

There are though plenty of disadvantaged kids who I think this election promise was designed to help. Who are currently without either laptop or mode of transport. 

Another SNP success story. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

There are though plenty of disadvantaged kids who I think this election promise was designed to help. Who are currently without either laptop or mode of transport. 

Funnily enough my lad got his new laptop from Preston Lodge last year and recently his free bus pass.

Lord Montpelier
7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Funnily enough my lad got his new laptop from Preston Lodge last year and recently his free bus pass.

You must be part of the special club Pans to get yours. Guess I'll just have to wait. 

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Yes but they now have free bus passes.  Initially i thought this was a great idea for young people as it cuts down the use of cars etc for parents .  However i now worry about the long term impact on their health. Yesterday a bunch of kids around 14 got on the bus i was on and then got off the next stop about quarter mile down the road.  

Unknown user
1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

However i now worry about the long term impact on their health. Yesterday a bunch of kids around 14 got on the bus i was on and then got off the next stop about quarter mile down the road.  

The bloody nerve

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

Yes but they now have free bus passes.  Initially i thought this was a great idea for young people as it cuts down the use of cars etc for parents .  However i now worry about the long term impact on their health. Yesterday a bunch of kids around 14 got on the bus i was on and then got off the next stop about quarter mile down the road.  

Scamps!

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Never heard of the expression  " these islands   " before...whats that about ? dearie me ..

Blackford and the rest of the Westminster Nats trot it out every time they get interviewed on National TV, it's like they've been told not to say UK or Britain 

Like I say, cringey as feck

Japan Jambo
17 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Ah the circle jerk has reconvened.

How's that working out for you boys?

16 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Fair comment. 

Fair play if you two were being deliberately ironic...

jack D and coke

Wasn’t sure where to post this. Can anyone explain why this is? 
edit: ignore the headline and listen to the fact about connection charges to the grid from Scotland. Why is this?

Edited by jack D and coke

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Blackford and the rest of the Westminster Nats trot it out every time they get interviewed on National TV, it's like they've been told not to say UK or Britain 

Like I say, cringey as feck

I suppose “ united” is too positive a word for them ! 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Scamps!

No they weren’t . Just an observation really . They were fine, well behaved . I’ve not got to that age where I think all young people are thugs .  

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

I have a old folks pass and use it for two stops up a steep hill from the pub now and again.

Today I just walked 16 miles from Crail to home for fun😄

Please do not worry about my health😄

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

I have a old folks pass and use it for two stops up a steep hill from the pub now and again.

Thats a great walk. Well done. 

joondalupjambo
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thats a great walk. Well done. 

Cheers it is a cracker and well worth doing, or at least doing some of it if the full 16.25 miles is a shade too much😄👍

Edited by joondalupjambo

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

Cheers it is a cracker and well worth doing, or at least doing some of it if the full 16.25 miles is a shade too much😄👍

Walking is the best exercise. I can walk for miles too. Love it. And you see all the sites in the world too whilst walking. Its very calming too i feel. 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, joondalupjambo said:

Hmm, 16 miles from Crail. I'm guessing it would be a coastal walk to be so attractive so either Leven or Leuchars. Leven's a bit close to Levein for most so my official guess is that you live in Leuchars

5 hours ago, jack D and coke said:
edit: ignore the headline and listen to the fact about connection charges to the grid from Scotland. Why is this?

One of the original reasons given was infrastructure. 

Most sites are rural and the investment to cable and connect was significant. 

I don't see how that holds water over time though. 

There is something off about how the National Grid treats Scotland - I would have thought a collegiate approach where all connects are charged the same (shared cost for the benefit of all) would improve the chances of renewables becoming the predominant supplier of electric.

jack D and coke
29 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

One of the original reasons given was infrastructure. 

Most sites are rural and the investment to cable and connect was significant. 

I don't see how that holds water over time though. 

There is something off about how the National Grid treats Scotland - I would have thought a collegiate approach where all connects are charged the same (shared cost for the benefit of all) would improve the chances of renewables becoming the predominant supplier of electric.

It’s one of those ones I see mentioned a lot but nobody ever really explains why. Surely if Scotland is producing all this electricity it can’t be punishing at the same time? She mentioned things like European providers connecting for free?! How does this stuff work lol

doctor jambo
9 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

It’s not free.

Nothing from the government if is free.

its a handout taken from the pay packets of other people and given to them.

The state has no money, and the government and people would do well to remember that.

Free- very good.

Ron Burgundy
11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Hmm, 16 miles from Crail. I'm guessing it would be a coastal walk to be so attractive so either Leven or Leuchars. Leven's a bit close to Levein for most so my official guess is that you live in Leuchars

Ooh check you Columbo.

Just one more thing.....

Unknown user
11 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

It’s not free.

The state has no money, and the government and people would do well to remember that.

Free- very good.

The state gets income from fees, duties, currency trading, interest, estate management, etc, don't talk rot.

Personally I think right wing GPs should be taxed double for whining from their position of privilege.

Roxy Hearts
19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Energy is reserved as we know and we know why! Those donkeys in Westminster just laugh at us and some Scots don't even know they're being laughed at! The establishment is a joke and it's played on us so we deserve all we get and we pay for it! Scotland is full of mugs.

19 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

She says almost 100% of our energy is from renewable sources. Is that accurate?

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Energy is reserved as we know and we know why! Those donkeys in Westminster just laugh at us and some Scots don't even know they're being laughed at! The establishment is a joke and it's played on us so we deserve all we get and we pay for it! Scotland is full of mugs.

I saw a PMQ’s a little while ago and I can’t remember who asked the question but Johnson said he’d look into it. It’s something I see from time to time in little twitter spats or whatever but no one ever answers it and I’ve never heard any reasoning for why. There seems to be no charges for any country anywhere else except Scotland and that’s for connecting to our own grid. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Jonkel Hoon said:

I’ve read that before so I’m assuming so yeah. Unless you can point to something…

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve read that before so I’m assuming so yeah. Unless you can point to something…

I don't know. It just sounds like a surprisingly high figure

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I’d have to look for the figures but it’s something like enough to power all Scottish homes and plus. Im sure we still use power from other sources too though. 
We also send enough power to England every day to power millions of their homes and businesses too. So does Wales and NI but not as much as from here. 
There’s a website you can see where it all comes and goes from I forget what it is just now. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I saw a PMQ’s a little while ago and I can’t remember who asked the question but Johnson said he’d look into it. It’s something I see from time to time in little twitter spats or whatever but no one ever answers it and I’ve never heard any reasoning for why. There seems to be no charges for any country anywhere else except Scotland and that’s for connecting to our own grid. 

Pretty sure the nuclear plants/old coal plants are all charged too but at different rates from the renewables sector. I think the problem is that a power plant is a single source and renewables is dozens of sources. As the grid is almost organic (with all the different sources generating at different times etc) we have frequent situations where the renewables input has to be throttled and the grid management has to move/change the dynamics of the grid to make sure there’s no overload/brown out scenarios. The cost management is added on.

In Scotland the grid is owned by SSE and Scottish Power but operated by the overarching National Grid group. Personally I would like to see some change where the Scottish Government Bank took a stake in the Grid or SSE/SP. 

In a world where Scotland has seen privatisation lead to other countries operating and making money from the tax payer (eg. abellio/Dutch rail) It would be a turn up for the books if the Scotland bank was to build a stake in Scottish Power by buying shares in Spain’s Iberdrola!

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

I'm sure I read that we'd achieved that on a particular day - I think to assert that it's the case 2/7 365 days a year like she seemed to imply is misleading. Either way though Scotland is in a position to lead in this area and should go hell for leather...

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It’s a rock and a hard place.

The UK government are the dregs 

Sturgeon is a like relic of East Germany.

Both shite.

JudyJudyJudy
On 25/03/2022 at 10:57, jonesy said:

That's not what I said, bud. I enthusiastically voted yes in 2014. No idea how I'd vote if the option were presented again today. It'd be a harder decision to amke this time around for me and many others. 7 years of the Sturgeon National Party and over a decade of the Tories outdoing each other in a race to make an arse of things leaves me with little faith in either direction.

But I do urge you and every other pro-indy diehard to consider again your use of slavery-era rhetoric. 

This article is thought provoking. I'd go beyond what she says, however, and suggest that in today's multicultural Scotland, no Scot can define what constitutes a good or bad Scot.

Good article 

Ainsley Harriott
4 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

It's not shes a lying nationalist 

Ainsley Harriott

22 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

It’s not free.

Free- very good.

Read above mate. Chill pill required. 

Unknown user
9 hours ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

97.4% to be precise in 2020.  

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Exactly so 97.4 not 100

FB_IMG_1647300929757.jpg.fe1c19694c0c248ebd2cf6e8c6f9888b.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, OTT said:

What has any of this coalition actually achieved? :D 

Gave Patrick Harvey a larger stage to be creepy on. 

he really is awful in every way . 

lost in space
7 hours ago, OTT said:

What has any of this coalition actually achieved? :D 

Gave Patrick Harvey a larger stage to be creepy on. 

Agree re creepy Harvey - but apart from Nicola - can anybody name a more credible SNP politician? (Jury still out in "Useless").

7 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's OK, we've got Nicola and Patrick to save us from the Russians :lol:

Scotland a 'high-priority' target for Putin in any world war - Hull Live (hulldailymail.co.uk)

Aye cause Boris Johnson

and Michael Gove will save us.

17 hours ago, lost in space said:

Agree re creepy Harvey - but apart from Nicola - can anybody name a more credible SNP politician? (Jury still out in "Useless").

See Gove(A stick on kidney fiddler) Truss, Johnson the rest. Cause they're credibility is off the charts. 

Edited by ri Alban

On 27/03/2022 at 15:18, jonesy said:

Tailbacks on the City Bypass. So, er, more pollution. Go Greens!

And independence next year. 👍And that's all that matters. You lot can go to England and get on yer knees post independence, if it makes it feel like normal.

Ross, Mundell, Jack, Gove and the rest of the HJs . Wierdos the lot of them. Your standard no voter, suspects you wouldn't let anywhere near yer children.

Can't wait for independence and the tears and snotters from the Traitors. And when the first law post independence is to round them up, :yas: