• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• The Mighty Thor

10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Maroon and white tie in Holyrood today pre derby - good lad 

Who?, John Swinney. PHM 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Apparently the bold Dougie is a bit of a confused wee lamb. He supports Vaccine Passports in Westminster then opposes them at Holyrood. 

:tlj:

It’s unbelievable.

Nucky Thompson
47 minutes ago, pablo said:

:vrface:

It just proves that all politicians are in it for themselves. 

I'll never understand how people support a political party like a football team and defend them to the hilt.

They are all a bunch of shysters 

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'll never understand how people support a political party like a football team and defend them to the hilt.

The Greens have really gotten under some people's skin. Quite funny that a party nobody cares that much about is having some sort of effect. It must be because they support independence, can't think of anything else. Hope they continue to be as hypocritical as every other political party in the world especially as it winds up people here!

1 hour ago, pablo said:

:vrface:

It’s amazing what 30 pieces of silver and a seat at the top table can do to your views on something. 

10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

A bunch of hypocrites the lot of them especially when they tell you their job is to serve the public. The very nature of politics when they toe the party line irrespective tells you everything you need to know.

11 hours ago, skinnybob72 said:

It’s amazing what 30 pieces of silver and a seat at the top table can do to your views on something. 

It's called compromise. He'll get something for the Greens now. The DUP got a couple of billion quid.

Edited by ri Alban

On 08/09/2021 at 22:40, JackLadd said:

Heard from a good source oor N is having a lgbtq affair with a high profile older woman. If any of you want to guess who feel free. 

French diplomat , seemingly. Not that it matters all that much. It would actually make her more interesting 🧐 

The Mighty Thor
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

No, it's the way that a minority party can be used by a larger party to push through a popular but not quite majority-backed mandate for things by seducing them with power and status. Theresa May did it with the DUP and the SNP are doing it with the Greens. Yes, it's politics, but the change of tack from the likes of Harvie only goes to show how little you can believe of politicians' hollow words. 

Cameron used Clegg like a salamander St sex worker in 2010. 

Horse trading has been going on since Jesus was a lad

jack D and coke
50 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

French diplomat , seemingly. Not that it matters all that much. It would actually make her more interesting 🧐 

Oh no that’s old news. The obsessives have moved on to some OBE now. 
She gets aboot oot Nic😂Top muffer💪🏼

1 hour ago, jonesy said:

No, it's the way that a minority party can be used by a larger party to push through a popular but not quite majority-backed mandate for things by seducing them with power and status. Theresa May did it with the DUP and the SNP are doing it with the Greens. Yes, it's politics, but the change of tack from the likes of Harvie only goes to show how little you can believe of politicians' hollow words. 

Maybe we should change to FPTP system! 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It's called compromise. He'll get something for the Greens now. The DUP got a couple of billion quid.

Patrick Harvey has pretty much bent over to the will of Nicola Sturgeon for a seat at the high table. Any integrity that he once had he has sold it down the river. If he truly felt that inequality is a risk with vaccine passports he should fought the SNP over it and demanded that they are not brought in if the want the power sharing deal to happen. 

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

SGNP better have a woked up replacement for oor Janey. Historical tweets tut tut. 

Made when she was a comedian ffs. Context needs to be looked at. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Made when she was a comedian ffs. Context needs to be looked at. 

Woke does not do context - unless you are an oppressed poc of course. 

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Patrick Harvey has pretty much bent over to the will of Nicola Sturgeon for a seat at the high table. Any integrity that he once had he has sold it down the river. If he truly felt that inequality is a risk with vaccine passports he should fought the SNP over it and demanded that they are not brought in if the want the power sharing deal to happen. 

This could turn out to be Harvie's tuition fees moment and come back to bite him & the Greens right on the arse, like it bit the Lib Dems & Clegg.

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Woke does not do context - unless you are an oppressed poc of course. 

I am not comfortable dragging historical tweets or internet postings to batter folk with. People change, society changes and even in the short space of time Twitter has been a thing society has shifted a lot. Comedians are far less likely to joke about race or any other BAME related joke. 

Even then - it’s a ****ing joke. Like when that count dankula YouTube guy had his dog doing nazi salutes. It’s a ****ing joke. Surely folk have to be allowed to be offensive comedy shouldn’t really have a boundaries. Otherwise artistic licence and free speech is truly dead. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

I am not comfortable dragging historical tweets or internet postings to batter folk with. People change, society changes and even in the short space of time Twitter has been a thing society has shifted a lot. Comedians are far less likely to joke about race or any other BAME related joke. 

Even then - it’s a ****ing joke. Like when that count dankula YouTube guy had his dog doing nazi salutes. It’s a ****ing joke. Surely folk have to be allowed to be offensive comedy shouldn’t really have a boundaries. Otherwise artistic licence and free speech is truly dead. 

I completely agree with that however when you align yourself to a political party that tries to oppress free speech in your own home it might just come back and bite you on the arse.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I completely agree with that however when you align yourself to a political party that tries to oppress free speech in your own home it might just come back and bite you on the arse.

If she said these are things as a politician or whilst involved with politics then fair doos she deserves all the criticism she gets. However when a comedian tells a joke they don’t often tell it because that’s how they actually feel. They do it to get a laugh - however sick or twisted it might seem. 

She shouldn’t have had to apologies because I doubt any the alleged racist or offensive tweets where actually meant. The SNP maybe should have done their homework a bit better on Godly. Maybe they should be the ones to apologise. 

9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Free speech is totally dead here, it's a sterile culture. I might boo the knee on Sunday, fed up this blm thing has gone on 18 months. I get we have some bigots in Scotland but it's not going to be remedied by kneeling for blm. 

Edited by JackLadd

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Or maybe he's been persuaded by facts and figures. I don't see any big deal with vaccine passports, but some do that's their choice. But folk who don't want the vaccine can deal with others not wanting them at the party.

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

SGNP better have a woked up replacement for oor Janey. Historical tweets tut tut. 

Yet Boris is prime minister. A bigger racist you'll struggle to find. Maybe Farage and trump.

1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

:interehjrling:

Yip they like to wave UK and go on sponsored walks in July. Any Scottish person who has a UJ is a bigot. You don't even need to speak to them. No right minded Scot sports the banner of death.

Edited by ri Alban

Just now, ri Alban said:

Yet Boris is prime minister. A bigger racist you'll struggle to find. Maybe Farage and trump.

Is this who's the bigger waysis game?

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Yip they like to wave UK and go on sponsored walks in July. Any Scottish person who has a UJ is a bigot. You don't even need to speak to them. No right minded Scot sports the banner of death.

😆

It's scary that you may actually think like that and are not trolling.

There is some shite spouted on here but my word that's a belter.

Banner of death 😆

5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

This could turn out to be Harvie's tuition fees moment and come back to bite him & the Greens right on the arse, like it bit the Lib Dems & Clegg.

The little party in every political coalition always gets destroyed eventually. Merkel managed to stay in power for over 15 years doing it regularly! I'm looking forward to it being the Scottish Greens. They're absolute weirdos.

5 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

😆

Banner of death 😆

Oh I suspect he is serious.     The 'banner of Death' that contains the St Andrews cross as part of its make up..

I regard Patrick Harvie a man of principle and strong views.   However, for £30,000 extra, it appears that he is quite happily prepared to alter his views and principles to match that of others. 

23 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I regard Patrick Harvie a man of principle and strong views.   However, for £30,000 extra, it appears that he is quite happily prepared to alter his views and principles to match that of others. 

Look at how well the liberals were doing until they done the same thing.  Short term gain but people won't forget.   

He won't have the liberal Democrats defence of helping to rope the tories in.

Set his party back years. 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So he said that 5 months ago before the current situation was known.

Come on Ray for feck sake. Seriously 

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

He's changed his mind 5 months down the line, presumably after weighing it against the alternative options (i.e. a return to restrictions for all).

Hardly spinning on a sixpence like Douglas Ross.

I've not seen any of the political stuff for an absolute age on TV. I just come on here and see what people are posting. It's brilliant, pitiful, ludicrous and as many adjectives you could fit in. People are not happy with the Green Party because they've accepted posts in the SG. They're politicians what did they expect? They're also hypocrites as it comes with the job! I wouldn't vote for them but I trust them more than unionist parties especially utter cretins such as Anus Sarwar, Ross and that thing Cole-Hamilton! Come on wee Paddy keep winding them up.

Malinga the Swinga
7 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

😆

Banner of death 😆

It's par for the course from aussieh. Puerile nonsense of course, but expected. Andy Murray was hero when he supported independence, but now is hated because he accepted knighthood. Salmond was hero but opposes NS so now he is hated.

This is the logic of the fanatic but even the majority of SNP supporters see this as garbage.

16 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Raaayyycist you say?

With the most ethnically diverse cabinet of any UK Govt in history?

:notsure:

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Raaayyycist you say?

Scots are "verminous" to that ignorant moron!

Governor Tarkin
29 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Scots are "verminous" to that ignorant moron!

Boris makes a fair point, tbh.

I mean, just listen to yourselves.

10 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Problem is, being right wing in Scotland is portrayed as evil.

Has been for  long time now, to manipulate the populace into voting for the epically ineffective damaging SLAB for decades , and now the similarly poor SNP.

it’s now you either vote SNP or are somehow anti -Scots , anti Scotland , anti immigration and so on.

it’s entirely possible to love your country and be right of centre.

Its also entirely reasonable to be pro Scotland and anti independence.

I am at ease with being a Scot as part of the UK.

The English are not and never have subjugated me, held me back or kept me down or stopped me doing anything .

But I’m not into blame shifting for my own failings, as inconvenient as that sometimes is.

People are held back by themselves in this life . Anyone offering an excuse for people failing are snake oil salesmen .

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Has been for  long time now, to manipulate the populace into voting for the epically ineffective damaging SLAB for decades , and now the similarly poor SNP.

it’s now you either vote SNP or are somehow anti -Scots , anti Scotland , anti immigration and so on.

The English are not and never have subjugated me, held me back or kept me down or stopped me doing anything .

But I’m not into blame shifting for my own failings, as inconvenient as that sometimes is.

People are held back by themselves in this life . Anyone offering an excuse for people failing are snake oil salesmen .

:greatpost:     

Салатные палочки

Good post. 

Seymour M Hersh

Completely agree with you Doc. 

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You wish to be insulted? We're all entitled to our opinions and as Prime Minister of the UK he's meant to represent us all not denigrate. 

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Raaayyycist you say?

Same when he was Mayor of London had a very ethnically diverse team around him, way more ethnically diverse then Sadiq Khan has, seemingly.

2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Same when he was Mayor of London had a very ethnically diverse team around him, way more ethnically diverse then Sadiq Khan has, seemingly.

Yes, actions speak louder than words, Jimbo.👍