*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle match thread ***

cookieboy

Silvery_Moon
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Blame the players for not putting the ball in the back of the net 👍🏻

I admire you and others who think Robbie will take Hearts to Celtic and win. I hope you are right and I am wrong. 

I'm certainly not a loser though - quite the opposite. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

No you don't.

That's why you want to draw the weakest side that you can.  Let the strongest sides play one another and knock themselves out, or hope that they have an off day against other opposition, e.g. Hibs run to the Scottish cup final last season, QOS, Stranraer, Motherwell, Dundee Utd.

I make that two teams from the same league that Hibs are in. I also believe that Hibs lost the 2020 Scottish Cup semi final to a team in a league below them. 

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

People need to cut the macho bullshit - drawing the OF away at this stage is the worst draw we could get.

Course it is but it also doesnt mean that we are shite and shoild accept the 10-0 pasting people suggest. We should still (and will at the club) have an attitude of we can beat them. We need to play to our strengths and utilise their failings which were considerable both yesterday and midweek.

Tommy Brown

How was stream in 2nd half.

My picture was really fuzzy unless close-up.

Gave up and went to hesgoal.com instead.

Jambo in Yorkshire

We need a second goal so why not take a defender off and put a forward on? If we lose a goal it makes no difference but Robbie wants a clean sheet.

It doesn’t even take a good manager to make that decision.

Tommy Brown
Just now, GinRummy said:

Dunno why everyone is so ****ed off getting Celtic. Could be a great game. 

Can we Velicka back for it?

That was a great night.

6 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Don't then. Find something else to do for a year, it's the perfect season for it. If that doesn't make you as miserable then you can always come back to Hearts?

£60 return train journeys to watch that? I think I'll take your advice. 

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He can change the setup and personnel.

Aye but lets blame pollock.

Same shite different campaign from neilson.

Sooner he's gone the better.

The set up the comfortably made plenty chances to win the game 😂? You just don’t like Neilson and no matter how hearts played you wouldn’t enjoy it 

Just now, frankblack said:

After they have signed would be my guess. 👍

Yes very funny - bit late these ‘signings’ don’t you think? Could have done with some in today and we might have been seeded?

Maybe had them in a couple of weeks before we open our league campaign against Celtic to let them bed in with the team and check their fitness?

Or is all hunky dory in your world Frank?

Silvery_Moon
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

He can change the setup and personnel.

Aye but lets blame pollock.

Same shite different campaign from neilson.

Sooner he's gone the better.

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Maybe  getting Celtic that early in the cup is a good thing as they might still have Barkas in goal.

(clutching straws a little bit)

Getting knocked out of the League Cup early will remove the fear of getting knocked out of the League Cup early.

15 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Was in our own hands to gain seeding.

It was & we have shot ourselves in the foot for not being more clinical but why are they dishing out 3 -Nil wins when a team pulls out for Covid. 1-Nil would have been sufficient. 
Anyway, these “Wow” signings we are getting a week on Monday will mean we will smash the mhanks anyway!

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hearts v anyone (Hearts are shite)

Hearts lose (Hearts are shite and they were shite we got beat off shite)

Hearts win 6-0 (Hearts are shite and they were shite we should have won by 10 Hibs would)

Hearts win 1-0 (Hearts are shite and they are shite Hearts were lucky to win cant even pass a ball , Its shite , Hearts are shite)

🤷🏻‍♂️

Amazing what these Hearts fans that have HFC tattooed behind their ear come out with, isn't it?

KyleLafferty
2 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

I admire you and others who think Robbie will take Hearts to Celtic and win. I hope you are right and I am wrong. 

I'm certainly not a loser though - quite the opposite. 

So what’s there to fear? It’s 11v11? It’s a grass park against a team that isn’t the Brendan Rodgers Celtic.

Just now, Longbaws said:

Amazing what these Hearts fans that have HFC tattooed behind their ear come out with, isn't it?

🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

People need to cut the macho bullshit - drawing the OF away at this stage is the worst draw we could get.

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

That was a great night.

It certainly was , one of the best , that and the Stevenson derby were both crackimg you have no chance nights

1 minute ago, martoon said:

Getting knocked out of the League Cup early will remove the fear of getting knocked out of the League Cup early.

🤣

Silvery_Moon
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

So what’s there to fear? It’s 11v11? It’s a grass park against a team that isn’t the Brendan Rodgers Celtic.

My fear is the man in the dugout if I'm being really honest with you. 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Course it is but it also doesnt mean that we are shite and shoild accept the 10-0 pasting people suggest. We should still (and will at the club) have an attitude of we can beat them. We need to play to our strengths and utilise their failings which were considerable both yesterday and midweek.

Who said we would lose 10-0? My point is it was the worst draw we could get to get away of the OF away!

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

That was a great night.

These ties have the potential to stick in the memory for life. 

gutted velicka didn’t stay longer. Cracking player. 

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

We still look like the Levein Hearts though!

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Can honestly tell a mile off people on here who have never played football at any level 😂

And update us on your football career - EPL, Premier League…..?

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Yes very funny - bit late these ‘signings’ don’t you think? Could have done with some in today and we might have been seeded?

Maybe had them in a couple of weeks before we open our league campaign against Celtic to let them bed in with the team and check their fitness?

Or is all hunky dory in your world Frank?

You have to face Sevco or Celtic at some point in every cup competition to have a chance of winning the trophy.

I see - we should have just signed any old crap to face Celtic in the first league game, because you wouldn't be on here slamming the club for doing that, would you?

Time to stop shitting your pants and see how it goes, don't you think?

23 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Ange's last game?  😂😂😂❤❤❤

♥️♥️♥️♥️

KyleLafferty
Just now, Thomaso said:

And update us on your football career - EPL, Premier League…..?

My level not very high, coaching I’m getting there. But today Neilson stuck a team out, and that team missed plenty chances to win the game. And no one can complain about who he picked.

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

🤣 There is that

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Can honestly tell a mile off people on here who have never played football at any level 😂

Yes, but they always win everything on Championship manager, so that must count for something? :rofl:

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

What “Neilson in” ? I’m sure as **** they aren’t upset that Neilson is the manager 😂

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And it happens all the f’n time

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

The set up the comfortably made plenty chances to win the game 😂? You just don’t like Neilson and no matter how hearts played you wouldn’t enjoy it 

We were so pedestrian it was unreal mate. We have wasted yet another season already by keeping neilson in his post.

What the **** to folk really expect? We won 4 out of 4 and 4 clean sheets. We should have scored more today but Ridgers was MOM which says it all.

St Mirren are lucky to be seeded as they got a 3-0 walkover win from one of their games. If it wasn’t for that we’d have been seeded.

Edited by Chaps

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

We need a second goal so why not take a defender off and put a forward on? If we lose a goal it makes no difference but Robbie wants a clean sheet.

It doesn’t even take a good manager to make that decision.

pretty basic tactic , never catch on.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

These ties have the potential to stick in the memory for life. 

gutted velicka didn’t stay longer. Cracking player. 

Was a good night that. As was the last time we beat the demons at Parkhead.

LC as well. Scorer ? Step forward Michael Stewart !

😂

KyleLafferty
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

We were so pedestrian it was unreal mate. We have wasted yet another season already by keeping neilson in his post.

We were at times yes, but we controlled the game? We also Created plenty chances? The only thing that annoyed me today was the centre mids (mainly Halliday) weren’t getting the ball to Gino and GMS quickly. Cochrane kept cutting inside aswell. It’s the first performance I’ve seen this season that we haven’t done that .

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I wonder how many people have never played football before, at any level?      I remember there was Oliver at my primary school,  he never played for some reason and teachers were okay with that.   Can’t think of anyone else though. 

I know it's only a pre-season friendly but Celtic 2, West Ham 6 fills me with optimism.  They could be looking at two defeats from Hearts in the space of a fortnight.

That's how I'm looking at it.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You have to face Sevco or Celtic at some point in every cup competition to have a chance of winning the trophy.

I see - we should have just signed any old crap to face Celtic in the first league game, because you wouldn't be on here slamming the club for doing that, would you?

What a load of shit Frank!

Many Clubs have won a cup without beating one of the OF!

Who said we should be signing crap? It was acknowledged at the end of last season we had to seriously strengthen the team for the Premier League - we play Celtic next week and we still haven’t done so!

Not shitting my pants  - just being realistic but you bash on with yer heed firmly stuck in the sand!

Edited by Thomaso

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

My level not very high, coaching I’m getting there. But today Neilson stuck a team out, and that team missed plenty chances to win the game. And no one can complain about who he picked.

Every single throw in went backwards.......every bloody one.

Popescu on the bench and we dont play him when we are short of a cb.

No urgency whatsover and only a brilliant pass from boyce and shot from walker saved us. 

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Stop peddling this myth.

3 minutes ago, Chaps said:

What the **** to folk really expect? We won 4 out of 4 and 4 clean sheets. We should have scored more today but Ridgers was MOM which says it all.

St Mirren are lucky to be seeded as they got a 3-0 walkover win from one of their games. If it wasn’t for that we’d have been seeded.

Tbh since we knew we had to win and score twice to be seeded, i expected us to do that against a pretty poor inverness team at home. 

I dont think i'm being unrealistic with that. 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Probably better directing that question to Neilson

Geoff Kilpatrick

Morning. Thought I would wake up to a trip to East End Park, not the east end of Weegieville.

Shite.

12 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Oh well could have been worse, could have got a trip to ipox, who are the better Glasgow team tbf 🙃

I’m a glass half full guy but never considered this. Tis true