*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle match thread ***

cookieboy

Stendelnator
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We can't blame anyone else for this it is typical Hearts.  It doesn't seem to matter what players we have and we have had plenty over the last 5/6 years we seem to throw away our big chances.

We were a bit unlucky with a couple of the chances but our lack of invention is still there for all to see.

Celtic will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of their two games against us unless we make some major changes to the way we play and get some decent signings in.

Oh of course it would certainly help if Robbie played players in their best and natural positions and if we don'f have any youth players capable of playing for example Centre Back then why?

I read folk singing the praises of Flatman so why was he not given a chance instead of playing a left wing back at CB?

Celtic will not be rubbing their hands at anything, have you seen the state they’re in?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nookie Bear
Just now, Stendelnator said:

Celtic will not be rubbing their hands at anything, have you seen the state they’re in?

They are there for the taking.

Not saying it will be easy but i cannot think of a better time to be playing them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
45 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

We had this last season with the " different game with team coming on to us " and are you seriously thinking our defense will cope with Celtic? Do you seriously think that passing between defenders will change and we will hit on the break? One striker on the box will not score against premiership teams ( well they will but not often enough to count ). We need faster more accurate passing going forward and we have not seen any sign of that in the games so far. We also need forwards who can control the ball and hit the target without having to line up a shot before hand. 

With a poorer Hearts team in a neutral stadium, we drew 3 3 with them. I've seen plenty of quick passing so far, some really pleasing football :) Work in progress getting better

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Our goal came from outside the box, we need to start hitting more shots from outside the box instead of playing 

the ball to the 6 yard box then play breaking down.

Plenty of those against Cove. Every game is different, no 2 really are the same. I'm mildly surprised we have played this well in truth, some inspired keeping 3 out of the 4 games and miraculous escapes. 

We might get hammered on Saturday, we might surprise, who knows, but its the games the few weeks after that begin to shape us

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

They lost to a very powerful West Ham side who have pace muscle and all sorts of attributes that we don't.

Players like Gnanduillet and Ginnelly need to prove that they are worth their contracts and Robbie needs to stop playing guys out of position for us to have any chance in this league.

Even if we make some signings this week it is highly unlikley they will be fit to play so we will be going with what we have and that is less than inspiring.

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Got home late last night and watched it through. Keeper who is usually suspect has had a day out. I said during the Cove game it would come back to haunt us, and the draw unsurprisingly booted us in the balls again.

Performances in this group have been pretty good in truth, the worrying aspect, the goals tally could easily have been 14 or 15 and it wasnt. 

Saturday gives us a clearer picture still, strength in depth still the worry, but we have played probably 6/10 the 2 away games and 7/10 the 2 home ones. For Saturday that needs to head North to 9/10, plenty guys here who know their football, its a different game with Celtic coming onto us. 

2 things for me out of this stage, firstly we need to be ruthless to succeed and we do need a player in each area of the field to give us back up

What can you expect when you play our main goal threat deep.

Stendelnator
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

They lost to a very powerful West Ham side who have pace muscle and all sorts of attributes that we don't.

Players like Gnanduillet and Ginnelly need to prove that they are worth their contracts and Robbie needs to stop playing guys out of position for us to have any chance in this league.

Even if we make some signings this week it is highly unlikley they will be fit to play so we will be going with what we have and that is less than inspiring.

They also lost to Preston North End at home, had a terrible showing in Europe, will have a makeshift defenceand have a goalkeeper without hands 

Just now, Stendelnator said:

They also lost to Preston North End at home, had a terrible showing in Europe, will have a makeshift defence and have a goalkeeper without hands 

Don't get me wrong nothing would please me more than for us to turn them over. I just think that with the way Robbie sets us up they will attack through the middle where we are so slow and as McInnes suggested with us playing wing backs as well as wingers we are too congested.

Why on earth he has Boyce dropping deep I have no idea when he has a supposed attacking mid sitting on the bench.

He may change the formation for Celtic but you never know with Robbie, probably go with 5-3-2.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What can you expect when you play our main goal threat deep.

He wasnt in the other 3 matches though, and the goal yesterday he assisted, also involved in many other chances. Gnanduillet had to get a game in, and we had to try that system before the League games. 

upgotheheads

It must have been mentioned by now that both Dundee and St Mirren were seeded probably because they had games cancelled and were awarded 3-0 wins. It's unlikely that either would have been seeded otherwise.

We just had nae luck and could easily have won by three or four yesterday if we'd had any at all in the game. If Luck evens itself out we've got some credit in the bank, maybe we'll get it against Celtic.

20 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Cheers mate. it does give the season a bit of context.

It just strikes me as cowardice. He said we were well on track and it was never in doubt we were going to win.

Then he says it was an unacceptable result and shouldn't have happened.

So what was it? 

I think the majority of people on here will agree his days are numbered, even people who support him.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, Sertse said:

It just strikes me as cowardice. He said we were well on track and it was never in doubt we were going to win.

So what was it? 

I think the majority of people on here will agree his days are numbered, even people who support him.

The main problem with keeping him on. We can improve loads, but fans will always remember Brora. He's only ever going to be one defeat away from noise. Heck, we won last night and he couldn't even escape it.

Just now, Berra than you said:

The main problem with keeping him on. We can improve loads, but fans will always remember Brora. He's only ever going to be one defeat away from noise. Heck, we won last night and he couldn't even escape it.

Completely agree. He's more of a liability than anything at the moment.

Nookie Bear
12 minutes ago, Sertse said:

So what was it? 

Every Head Coach's days are numbered. Robbie's are numbered but that number could be 2 more seasons.

Unless we completely implode at the beginning of the season then Robbie will still be here next summer with a Top 6 finish.

Edited by Nookie Bear

Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

There’s obviously a lot of fans who regardless of what Neilson does won’t support the club whilst he’s there.

Would it not be easier for these fans to just stay away from the club/ forums whilst he remains at the club? It’s clearly not healthy.

This isn’t a dig but it just seems a bit pointless and repetitive. It also brings out the posters who are making out that last season was an overwhelming success, which is also tedious.

The majority of the Neilson doubters would prefer people like you to stay away from games and forums.

It is all about opinions.

I dont beleve for a minute anyoe at all wants the team to fail, they struggle to have faith in the coaching to see the team being a success.

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

So what was it? 

4 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Completely agree. He's more of a liability than anything at the moment.

Total P15H.

2 minutes ago, Sertse said:

So what was it? 

That’s how I read it one big excuse as to why he wasn’t binned ,they should have known yday what they needed to be seeded but seemed content with the 1 nil win running the clock down ,walker taking it to the corner amateur doesn’t cover it ,the attitude of a home win but don’t loose at all cost and playing for a draw away from home doesn’t win trophies , it’s a mindset that breeds mediocrity 

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

So what was it? 

Possibly... I thought he should have gone - not so much after Brora - but I wanted to hold my judgement to see how we responded. Of course QoS beat us and at this point, I thought he had lost the dressing room and should have been sacked or left.

I actually think we have the basis of a decent squad.... but, for me, I really don't think RN has what it takes to make us a force to challenge the uglies... which is where we SHOULD be.

However, he's here for the foreseeable, and I'll get behind him and the team - but he has no 'wiggle' room... and I suspect he's been told as much.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Total P15H.

For what it's worth btw, I am not advocating we get rid now. We should have done after Brora, and certainly after QOTS. But he's here now. And I support him and the team. My point was that there will be some fans who will turn very quickly, and there will always be noise surrounding Neilson. It was the same last time he was manager.

I also find it mental that folk are on his case after 4/4 wins and 0 goals conceded, but that's the point - people are on his case already.

Jambo 4 Ever
5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You weren’t even there. Everybody knows this charade you insist on playing. 

I was there mate

stop making statements that are not true 

Tommy Brown
5 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

The main problem with keeping him on. We can improve loads, but fans will always remember Brora. He's only ever going to be one defeat away from noise.

Heck, we won last night and he couldn't even escape it.

The objective yesterday was to win and score a minimum of 2 goals.

The oblective wasn't made, however, as RN was not on the park missing the chances, he can be exonorated to an extent.

A poster nailed it last night, final sub was a straight swap when an attacker for defender was worth trying.

But that s Mr Cautious through and through.

Harry Potter
52 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Plenty of those against Cove. Every game is different, no 2 really are the same. I'm mildly surprised we have played this well in truth, some inspired keeping 3 out of the 4 games and miraculous escapes. 

We might get hammered on Saturday, we might surprise, who knows, but its the games the few weeks after that begin to shape us

cheers bud, good post.

Berra than you
8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The objective yesterday was to win and score a minimum of 2 goals.

The oblective wasn't made, however, as RN was not on the park missing the chances, he can be exonorated to an extent.

A poster nailed it last night, final sub was a straight swap when an attacker for defender was worth trying.

But that s Mr Cautious through and through.

I was there last night, and I agree about the objective, and that if we are being honest, we created enough chances to score more than 2 - that's on the players really. My main concern last night is that we did not look comfortable at all going back to a 4 man defence. The fact that one player being rested, led to a complete system change is pathetic. I had concerns about us defensively before last night, and they are now alot greater. CB needed desperately.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The majority of the Neilson doubters would prefer people like you to stay away from games and forums.

It is all about opinions.

I dont beleve for a minute anyoe at all wants the team to fail, they struggle to have faith in the coaching to see the team being a success.

😂 what?!

I’m not pro Neilson by any means so I don’t get your comment.

I’m a realist and whilst it wasn’t my choice to keep Neilson after the Brora game last year we did. I have my questions about him but I will support him and the team as the club have decided to back him.

I don’t, like many, come on here bleating about past failings when this season we’ve won every game and not conceded a goal. If as you say these fans do want the club to succeed under Neilson I for one haven’t seen that. Quite the opposite in fact.

My point, which you’ve totally missed, is it’s boring having the same people moan about the same negative things and it’s equally boring hearing the opposite side defending them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

cheers bud, good post.

Away to St Mirren, Livingston etc, I think these are the games I will judge us on. Games we have not been winning for years, thats where the improvement needs to be. Certainly not getting carried away, but I took something from the group, we are trying to playing a fluid game and we are trying different formations. Way of the world for us right now, these group games are about trial and error, we won all 4 not conceding, we havent conceded in 9 competitive games, thats a platform for the League, but now we need to show it for real against the better teams

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

😂 what?!

I’m a realist and whilst it wasn’t my choice to keep Neilson after the Brora game last year we did. I have my questions about him but I will support him and the team as the club have decided to back him.

I don’t, like many, come on here bleating about past failings when this season we’ve won every game and not conceded a goal. If as you say these fans do want the club to succeed under Neilson I for one haven’t seen that. Quite the opposite in fact.

My point, which you’ve totally missed, is it’s boring having the same people moan about the same negative things and it’s equally boring hearing the opposite side defending them.

I'm pro Neilson, if he is doing well Hearts are. Go Robbie!!

Ex member of the SaS

With a poorer Hearts team in a neutral stadium, we drew 3 3 with them. I've seen plenty of quick passing so far, some really pleasing football :) Work in progress getting better

There's big difference between being optimistic and realistic. Personally prefer to be realistic and the realist in me sees a team bottom six. Quick passing after five or six passes between the defense is not how to win games, as it give the opposition time to set their defense. We need more players in the opposition box and more ,quicker, movement forward and up the wings. One striker ( who last night spend most of the game near the half way line ) in the box with three or more defenders will always struggle to score.

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

😂 what?!

Point taken, mate.

You are in the same boat as me. Probably haven't read enough o your previous posts to realise.

My point is there are several on the back RN to the hilt, purely trolling the disbelievers.

Tosh & ToqueJambo to name two worst culprits.

Saint Jambo
32 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It must have been mentioned by now that both Dundee and St Mirren were seeded probably because they had games cancelled and were awarded 3-0 wins. It's unlikely that either would have been seeded otherwise.

We just had nae luck and could easily have won by three or four yesterday if we'd had any at all in the game. If Luck evens itself out we've got some credit in the bank, maybe we'll get it against Celtic.

We got lucky in having our game played after everyone else, meaning we had the luxury of knowing exactly what we needed from the game to be seeded. We needed to win the game by anything other than 1-0. We failed to do that.

Is Aaron McEneff Injured or has Robbie just fell out with him? I thought he was meant to be out "box to box" midfielder? We paid money for him too.

5 hours ago, Sertse said:

I'd wager that Levein still whispers in her ear. They're good friends apparently and meet up a lot. The Levein rot will stay as long as she's here and don't forget, RN was a prodigy of Levein. 

Never doubted it.

He wasnt in the other 3 matches though, and the goal yesterday he assisted, also involved in many other chances. Gnanduillet had to get a game in, and we had to try that system before the League games. 

Maybe he should have been giving McAneff a game to try him out as well. Not had much so far.

25 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

We got lucky in having our game played after everyone else, meaning we had the luxury of knowing exactly what we needed from the game to be seeded. We needed to win the game by anything other than 1-0. We failed to do that.

It's Hearts though. That's what we do it's about the only thing we are consistent with. We are just like the Scotland National Team.

Rogue Daddy
14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is Aaron McEneff Injured or has Robbie just fell out with him? I thought he was meant to be out "box to box" midfielder? We paid money for him too.

Was thinking the same myself. Gotta say, I liked him and Haring in the middle (towards the end of last season)... when they were playing in their proper positions. I really thought the two of them were the way forward... although Pollock had done really well since coming in.

I also thought that Haring had a great game at the weekend when he came on for Halliday. He was everywhere - I hope he is first choice for that position this season.

upgotheheads
43 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

I was there last night, and I agree about the objective, and that if we are being honest, we created enough chances to score more than 2 - that's on the players really. My main concern last night is that we did not look comfortable at all going back to a 4 man defence. The fact that one player being rested, led to a complete system change is pathetic. I had concerns about us defensively before last night, and they are now alot greater. CB needed desperately.

At least one CB needed; Popescu is not good enough imo and we can't really on Souttar alone. Kingsley is more of a wing-back than a CB, although he did a good job yesterday.

Bazzas right boot

Using the logic of the rabid Brigade, Celtic is a fee hit.

They expect us to beat every team with a lesser budget and ones that we dwarf by lots of goals, so if celtic smash us they'll accept that based on the same principle. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
48 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Point taken, mate.

You are in the same boat as me. Probably haven't read enough o your previous posts to realise.

My point is there are several on the back RN to the hilt, purely trolling the disbelievers.

That's not true. I haven't read anyone backing RN to the hilt. Every Hearts fan was gutted to lose to Brora and would not have been surprised to see him sacked. But, he has found a team shape that works for most of our players (even if he switched it yesterday) and the team looks much more cohesive and defensively sound. He has emptied 11 players, promoted young players and, as most RN doubters concede, has a reasonably strong squad core. 11 games without conceding a goal and 4 straight wins in the cup qualifiers is a massive turnaround.

RN should not simply be attacked ad nauseam when we have just had one of the best starts to a season for many years. It is time for the "disbelievers" (to quote you) to let go of their negativity and get behind RN and the team

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Point taken, mate.

Wrong again. 

You must not read posts or have a very short memory. 

Bazzas right boot

Away to St Mirren, Livingston etc, I think these are the games I will judge us on. Games we have not been winning for years, thats where the improvement needs to be. Certainly not getting carried away, but I took something from the group, we are trying to playing a fluid game and we are trying different formations. Way of the world for us right now, these group games are about trial and error, we won all 4 not conceding, we havent conceded in 9 competitive games, thats a platform for the League, but now we need to show it for real against the better teams

Fair. 

We also need to get out home form back, something badly lacking last few seasons. 

We do seem pedestrian at times, but the difference was that yesterday we had some end product and created good chances. 

It was a theme at the Euros as well Tbh. 

At the higher level keeping the ball is more important as if you just launch it and give it away then the teams will hurt us more. 

So our possession game will benefit us more than last season imo. 

Funnily enough, given our Cup efforts, particularly the lc in general, Ayr away or Celtic away -  it makes little difference to my confidence on getting through. 

39 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Using the logic of the rabid Brigade, Celtic is a fee hit.

They expect us to beat every team with a lesser budget and ones that we dwarf by lots of goals, so if celtic smash us they'll accept that based on the same principle. 

Wtf are you on about?

Tommy Brown
12 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

That's not true. I haven't read anyone backing RN to the hilt. Every Hearts fan was gutted to lose to Brora and would not have been surprised to see him sacked. But, he has found a team shape that works for most of our players (even if he switched it yesterday) and the team looks much more cohesive and defensively sound. He has emptied 11 players, promoted young players and, as most RN doubters concede, has a reasonably strong squad core. 11 games without conceding a goal and 4 straight wins in the cup qualifiers is a massive turnaround.

RN should not simply be attacked ad nauseam when we have just had one of the best starts to a season for many years. It is time for the "disbelievers" (to quote you) to let go of their negativity and get behind RN and the team

Let's calm down, we have played no team that we should not be beating.

Please crow if we start the league campaign looking solid and convincing.

I certainly want that and will give RN further support in that this transfer window has not helped him in anyway.

I just wish I could understand what our strategy is, it's far from convincing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

There's big difference between being optimistic and realistic. Personally prefer to be realistic and the realist in me sees a team bottom six. Quick passing after five or six passes between the defense is not how to win games, as it give the opposition time to set their defense. We need more players in the opposition box and more ,quicker, movement forward and up the wings. One striker ( who last night spend most of the game near the half way line ) in the box with three or more defenders will always struggle to score.

I'm very realistic. I'm also realistic about the quality of the League we are playing in and realistic of how successful our manager was over 50 plus matches in the League :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe he should have been giving McAneff a game to try him out as well. Not had much so far.

Going to make an assumption he has been struggling and shown up by the impressive Pollock