*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle match thread ***

cookieboy

Vlad the impaler
10 minutes ago, marcus said:

😂😂 ... away back to dotnet man, see you on 12th of September.

Four wins from four and it's a failure 😂.

Ha been a jambo while you were still getting your arse wiped from your mam🤡

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, kila said:

Looked slow and disjointed at times.

This ****ing around with formations is just making the players slower. I was expecting 3-5-2 and Popescu to be filling in for Souttar. OK he's pish but at least we'd still be playing the same formation so the rest of the team is familiar with each other and movements.

We were there for talking at times, a better team would've scored a few.

This!

Why when moving forward does everyone turn back, give the opposition time to regroup and struggle to get past the 1st man?

Surely press the other team, get a man or 2 up and make them worry, give away a foul etc!

Baffled by keeping the ball to do nowt with!

Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

Ha been a jambo while you were still getting your arse wiped from your mam🤡

Enjoy a Hearts win then man.

Life isn't all bad.

bradleyHMFC

Can’t really pick apart the 4 games unbeaten but with a hard opening to the league season and what you would guess an early cup exit in mid August it is pressure that Neilson would have wanted to avoid. On to Saturday now and hopefully a few signings in between !

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk call Robbie and Hearts players shite bags, yet look at how many posters are filling their pants at the thought of playing celtic. 😂

FFS it’s not the supporters who will playing the game. The reason people are not confident is because Neilson will go to Celtic park and shit the bed. Done it before and will do it again. Guaranteed to lose an early goal and it will go from there. We are the perfect draw from their perspective, score a few goals and get some confidence back. Sickening

Edited by HMFC 86

3 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

As I said players need to step up but the man in charge cannot inspire 

100% correct , 

Robbie didn't inspire all the forwards not shoot at the keeper ?

I take it he inspired walker to score though ?

Bungalow Bill

The frustrating thing is, we had a chance to get an easier draw and now that that’s gone, we know we’re likely to lose to Celtic. We seem to be incapable of causing an upset now. 

59 minutes ago, sadj said:

**** me 🤣🤣🤣 wed have scored 5 or 6 if Ridgers hadn’t played as well as ge did . It happens 🤣 get a grip of yourself. Uf you can’t see we could have won two games 3/4-0 on chances we made today you really need to open yer eyes instead of just wanting to slate Hearts

What makes you think you are funny. This is a not a forum for poor amateur comics but one where we can express opinions on Hearts. Despite all the talk and spin, I saw absolutely no improvement today on last year. Most of the shots today were little better than pass backs to their goalie.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

FFS it’s not the supporters who will playing the game. The reason people are not confident is because Neilson will go to Celtic park and shit the bed. Done it before and will do it again. Guaranteed to lose an early goal and it will go from there. We are the perfect draw from their perspective, score a few goals and get some confidence back. Sickening

Irony! 

Just now, Jambo61 said:

Fair enough, so you think that defence is good enough for the season?

Relegation was a fact as well and Neilson seems indifferent as he is playing a similar mom-style........fact!

I don’t think the team is good enough for a top 6 finish as it is.

I didn’t want RN to remain as manager, (Though he played no part in us being  relegated so don’t really see your point there), but he’s what we have.

Last week he said we created loads of chances, we didn’t. This week we did.

I don’t expect us to beat Celtic next week or in the next round because we don’t beat em very often.

However, 2 or 3 decent signings could change everything. You gotta hope or what’s the point?

3fingersreid
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Robbie didn't inspire all the forwards not shoot at the keeper ?

I take it he inspired walker to score though ?

No Robbie just doesn’t inspire . As I’ve pointed out the players need to step up for themselves . That said at home needing two goals to give a better chance of progress he changes formation , plays the player most likely to score in midfield , sorry but it’s just strange for me . 

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What makes you think you are funny. This is a not a forum for poor amateur comics but one where we can express opinions on Hearts. Despite all the talk and spin, I saw absolutely no improvement today on last year. Most of the shots today were little better than pass backs to their goalie.

I would say that is a wee bit disrespectful to Ridgers. Some decent stops.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

We created loads of chances and loads of shots on target. Neilson can't shoot for them and they should have done better in front of goal. If you think that was shite then you don't watch Scottish football. No game is 90 mins of entertainment. I honestly don't think half the folk on here actually watch football nevermind hearts.

Maroon Sailor
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

A 2-1 win was good enough to get us seeded

I know - makes it worse because we had a free hit of the luxury of being able to concede a goal.

Just now, Jamhammer said:

I don’t think the team is good enough for a top 6 finish as it is.

I didn’t want RN to remain as manager, (Though he played no part in us being  relegated so don’t really see your point there), but he’s what we have.

Last week he said we created loads of chances, we didn’t. This week we did.

I don’t expect us to beat Celtic next week or in the next round because we don’t beat em very often.

However, 2 or 3 decent signings could change everything. You gotta hope or what’s the point?

Where did I say Robbie relegated us?

I said the style, or lack thereof appears similar!

I never wanted Robbie appointed never mind retained, his clothes and hair are far more expressive than his mind numbing football or inane interviews.

He said " we created loads of chances and that is the most important thing" which suggests "converting a chance" is lower down his pecking order!

We are an injury or 2 away from struggling for the season and likely to struggle with that style in any case.

We have had at least 5 straight years of watching fairly pish footie, which is around 10% of my time watching Hearts! When is enough enough?

19 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

I'm 60 so I'd guess another 7 at least!

It's a great time to be alive, eh? 😊

People are right to be annoyed

The over reaction though is staggering

Unseeded due to covid and the rules the footballing authorities applied

No goals conceded and eight scored in 4 matches.....hardly a disgrace

There were 4 matches though and it's not all down to today.

The fact we drew Celtic away has just given ammunition to some which really is just sad to see

We're not the side we want to be and only a few quality signings will see to that this season.......no signings and a struggle to reach the top 6 will ensue.............there are 5 sides at least who are better than us but we are not far behind a few of them so the right signings can close that gap.

Will lady luck give us a break re no injuries to key players ?

There are signs we have a couple of decent youngsters who can only improve.

I'm not in the relegation awaits us camp but there are not such huge gaps in quality between many of the sides either

Changes have been made both on and off the park (mainly off it so far) and frustrating though it is time has to be given...it's not Robbie's fault we were relegated and he completed the most important part of his job in year 1 by getting promoted with ease. We all want more but that was the target which was achieved.

Just now, martoon said:

It's a great time to be alive, eh? 😊

Happy to be alive, it's a bonus.............a jambo, not so much....seems like someone is taking the pish before the lights go out!

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We created loads of chances and loads of shots on target. Neilson can't shoot for them and they should have done better in front of goal. If you think that was shite then you don't watch Scottish football. No game is 90 mins of entertainment. I honestly don't think half the folk on here actually watch football nevermind hearts.

The finishing was truly woeful at this level, the problem is we have a team of really poor finishers with zero composure in front of goal  except perhaps Boyce .

heartsfc_fan

Dust has settled. Celtic at this stage isn't a disastrous draw. The new manager has barely got his feet under the table and they don't look great.

On the ICT match: First half wasn't great but second was better. Walker took has goal well and could've had a hattrick. Ridgers made some great saves.

Young Cochrane looks decent on the left. Great block in the first half.

We need to improve though. Playing like that against a Ross County or a Motherwell and we'd get away with it. Not Rangers etc...

1 minute ago, ramrod said:

The finishing was truly woeful at this level, the problem is we have a team of really poor finishers with zero composure in front of goal  except perhaps Boyce .

Would that be Boyce who passed the buck to Walker in a worse position?

McGlynn The Money
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Season 2007/08 league Cup QF venue Celtic Park. Result Celtic 0 Hearts 2.

Season 2009/10 League Cup QF venue Celtic Park Result Celtic 0 Hearts 1.

In Season 2007/8 we had played Celtic only once in the league before the league Cup game and been hammered 5-0 at Celtic Park.

In Season 2009/10 we had again only played Celtic once in the league before the league Cup game and been beaten 2-1 at Celtic Park.

I am sure many never gave us a chance back then either.

We have done it before and we can do it again.

I remember Hibs fans coming out with similar stuff in April and May of 2012.

Man for man we were much closer to Celtic at the time of those games you mention and, for all his faults, Vlad didn't accept the usual bottle jobs in Glasgow that we're all accustomed to. From the dugout to the boardroom, there will be zero expectation of us beating Celtic and zero repercussions when we lose.

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Where did I say Robbie relegated us?

I said the style, or lack thereof appears similar!

I never wanted Robbie appointed never mind retained, his clothes and hair are far more expressive than his mind numbing football or inane interviews.

He said " we created loads of chances and that is the most important thing" which suggests "converting a chance" is lower down his pecking order!

We are an injury or 2 away from struggling for the season and likely to struggle with that style in any case.

We have had at least 5 straight years of watching fairly pish footie, which is around 10% of my time watching Hearts! When is enough enough?

Brora was enough for me but I’m not losing my **** over today.

We won and should have won by more. That’s football.

Season goes one of two ways. We improve and he stays 

We don’t and he’s sacked.

I know where my money is. 
As always with current guardians that decision will, probably be made too late.

However, today wasn’t that bad IMO

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Perhaps is the clue here, just sayin 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

The problem seems to be knowing what they have to do.

If the last round of fixtures all kicked off at the same time it might have been different

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Tbf Walker should have scored there. It was nice play and a tad unfortunate. 

Fozzyonthefence
25 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

No doubt he will be happy creating chances while the Tic take them!

To be fair, I think most of us would be happy going there and creating chances.  Generally we don’t cross the half way line there and that’s not having a pop at Neilson - you can look at Hearts teams for decades going there with the usual predictable results, with a few (very few) notable exceptions.  Our record there is atrocious. 

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Brora was enough for me but I’m not losing my **** over today.

We won and should have won by more. That’s football.

Season goes one of two ways. We improve and he stays 

We don’t and he’s sacked.

I know where my money is. 
As always with current guardians that decision will, probably be made too late.

However, today wasn’t that bad IMO

We won, even I get that, we created many chances, I get that too.

But we were shapeless 1 week before the real stuff starts!

We played safety football 1st when we had already qualified and knew we needed 2 goals!

We were more open at the back than a Saturday night special at the docks!

We seem to have little confidence in front of goal!

Any half decent premier team will mop our weak efforts up and nick a winner!

1 or 2 injuries and we struggle to achieve mediocrity!

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To be fair, I think most of us would be happy going there and creating chances.  Generally we don’t cross the half way line there and that’s not having a pop at Neilson - you can look at Hearts teams for decades going there with the usual predictable results, with a few (very few) notable exceptions.  Our record there is atrocious. 

He will be happy coming away losing 1 nil and missing a sitter!

His attitude is awful, his body language is somewhere between comatose and expired!

Most Hearts supporters would be happy losing gallantly and giving it a go, but hoping we stay awake longer than them is a hard sell!

51 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know it's only a pre-season friendly but Celtic 2, West Ham 6 fills me with optimism.  They could be looking at two defeats from Hearts in the space of a fortnight.

That's how I'm looking at it.

You do know who West Ham are right?

12 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

I said the same on the Brora matchday thread hours before kick off.

Brora hadn't played or trained for months, they'll be rusty and easy pickings, many said, but I knew we were their dream opposition: 

30 minutes of Neilson's cautious, safety first, training match, terror of fitba tactics and Brora would have their eye in and take it from there?

I could see it coming as surely as Berra did.

Feckin tragic.

Always will be with Budge, Neilson and the ever, and still, present Levein on the scene.

22 minutes ago, Apache Mal said:

The frustrating thing is, we had a chance to get an easier draw and now that that’s gone, we know we’re likely to lose to Celtic. We seem to be incapable of causing an upset now. 

On the positive side Celtic will be quaking in their boots having to face a team that put the mighty Inverness to the sword today with a thumping 1-0 victory at home.

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Perhaps is the clue here, just sayin 

Try again! Boyce had no composure, no self-belief and passed the ball very wide to Walker who was being closed down and had little angle!

He bottled it!

On the whole, we've been more than fine so far in the competitive games.

I'm just annoyed at the fact that we knew what we needed to do to be seeded and we failed. It was in our own hands and now we have to go to Glasgow. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tbf Walker should have scored there. It was nice play and a tad unfortunate. 

Tbf Walker had pulled the central defence out wide then had a defender and goalie coming at him and a very narrow target! He tried.........Boyce passed the buck from a better position!

13 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Happy to be alive, it's a bonus.............a jambo, not so much....seems like someone is taking the pish before the lights go out!

The time and money squandered, our time, our money, is infuriating.

4/5 years of it and still it goes on.

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

People are right to be annoyed

The over reaction though is staggering

Unseeded due to covid and the rules the footballing authorities applied

No goals conceded and eight scored in 4 matches.....hardly a disgrace

There were 4 matches though and it's not all down to today.

The fact we drew Celtic away has just given ammunition to some which really is just sad to see

We're not the side we want to be and only a few quality signings will see to that this season.......no signings and a struggle to reach the top 6 will ensue.............there are 5 sides at least who are better than us but we are not far behind a few of them so the right signings can close that gap.

Will lady luck give us a break re no injuries to key players ?

There are signs we have a couple of decent youngsters who can only improve.

I'm not in the relegation awaits us camp but there are not such huge gaps in quality between many of the sides either

Changes have been made both on and off the park (mainly off it so far) and frustrating though it is time has to be given...it's not Robbie's fault we were relegated and he completed the most important part of his job in year 1 by getting promoted with ease. We all want more but that was the target which was achieved.

A reasonable assessment of where we are I think.  If no more signings then much of what happens will come down to either the confidence of a good run / start to the season but equally a poor start and lack of confidence could lead to similar problems to 2 years ago, although I doubt as bad as that.  Think we’ll struggle to score goals this season though - an injury to Boyce could be disastrous but hopefully we’re due a break on that front for a change.  

1 minute ago, martoon said:

I said the same on the Brora matchday thread hours before kick off.

Brora hadn't played or trained for months, they'll be rusty and easy pickings, many said, but I knew we were their dream opposition: 

30 minutes of Neilson's cautious, safety first, training match, terror of fitba tactics and Brora would have their eye in and take it from there?

I could see it coming as surely as Berra did.

Feckin tragic.

Always will be with Budge, Neilson and the ever, and still, present Levein on the scene.

Absolutely.

I just don’t get how people don’t see this. There are too many Neilson fanboys on here

1 minute ago, HMFC 86 said:

Absolutely.

I just don’t get how people don’t see this. There are too many Neilson fanboys on here

Sandwich deficient picnics, biscuit light packets...is my guess.

5 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Try again! Boyce had no composure, no self-belief and passed the ball very wide to Walker who was being closed down and had little angle!

He bottled it!

Utter shite, he laid it on a plate for Walker who should have burst the net , bore off and don't bother replying with anymore of your pish.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

The time and money squandered, our time, our money, is infuriating.

4/5 years of it and still it goes on.

But we are told not to expect any different and be happy we have a team to watch.........after gifting how much again?????????????? I'd bet my last pound half them that say everything's ok are the one's that gifted nowt! I never expected a penny back, but did expect a better team and a management/ board that appreciated the support! We have a manager that appears lethargic and indifferent and a board happy to enjoy their no-risk benefits!

Folk that say we arent playing better than most of last season are having laugh.

We are hardly the Harlem Globetrotters but our play has generally been better and the new formation does suit our players better also.

This season the league is far more important than the league cup. 

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Utter shite, he laid it on a plate for Walker who should have burst the net , bore off and don't bother replying with anymore of your pish.

To be fair Walker has scored from precisely that angle before - maybe last season. That time he placed it more and put it across the keeper into the other side of the goal just inside the post. Had he done the same today its another goal - not criticising him as he was good when he came on but he was maybe trying too hard to prove himself

I also dont know what Henderson has to do to get more game time. He only had 10 mins but had a number of good moments in that time.

And with Gnando we appear at last to have a tall striker that can jump and head a ball fairly accurately and bring others into play.

Edited by Jammy T

1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

But we are told not to expect any different and be happy we have a team to watch.........after gifting how much again?????????????? I'd bet my last pound half them that say everything's ok are the one's that gifted nowt! I never expected a penny back, but did expect a better team and a management/ board that appreciated the support! We have a manager that appears lethargic and indifferent and a board happy to enjoy their no-risk benefits!

Aye.

Embrace the shite and mediocrity or feck off elsewhere, is the mantra of the nodding dogs.

Sickening.

Why don't they want, or demand, better?

Why are they so happy?

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Folk that say we arent playing better than most of last season are having laugh.

We are hardly the Harlem Globetrotters but our play has generally been better and the new formation does suit our players better also.

we were rotten until walker came on. 

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

To be fair Walker has scored from precisely that angle before - maybe last season. That time he placed it more and put it across the keeper into the other side of the goal just inside the post. Had he done the same today its another goal - not criticising him as he was good when he came on but he was maybe trying too hard to prove himself

I also dont know what Henderson has to do to get more game time. He only had 10 mins but had a number of good moments in that time.

And with Gnando we appear at last to have a tall striker that can jump and head a ball fairly accurately and bring others into play.

Yeah he should have tucked it across the goalie into the far corner,  it was fairly routine stuff. 

Not ruling out Gnando yet until he gets more game time this season. 

Bit baffling playing Boyce so deep when we needed 2 goals, can't work that one out at all.

3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Agree.  I’ve had my say in the middle of the poor results and poor seasons over the last few years but some are just clouded.  

We have all been at that point over the years of having enough of a manager and there’s nothing he can do to change your mind. But that’s normally when things haven’t improved whatsoever even if they’d been good at one time before then.

The proof will be during the league campaign. Deep down I think he’s up against it but as a Hearts fan i only hope he can win many people over and that will only happen with a winning team.  I’m on the fence with RN but would love him to turn it around because I want my club to be successful. 

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we were rotten until walker came on. 

Jammy T is right though. Compared to large parts of last season the league cup groups have been an improvement. I just don’t think we’re good enough for the SPL.