*** Official Heart Of Midlothian versus Inverness Caledonian Thistle match thread ***

cookieboy

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Longbaws said:

Can't believe we've just been relegated to League 2 and Lennon is coming in to replace Neilson.

I wasn’t sure about going next season. Decision made. I’m out.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What makes you think you are funny. This is a not a forum for poor amateur comics but one where we can express opinions on Hearts. Despite all the talk and spin, I saw absolutely no improvement today on last year. Most of the shots today were little better than pass backs to their goalie.

Well in that case you are not worth debating with as the simple fact you didnt think the efforts on goal were better than passbacks negates your argument without question. 

34 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

On the whole, we've been more than fine so far in the competitive games.

I'm just annoyed at the fact that we knew what we needed to do to be seeded and we failed. It was in our own hands and now we have to go to Glasgow. 

That’s it in a nutshell. 

Just now, sadj said:

Well in that case you are not worth debating with as the simple fact you didnt think the efforts on goal were better than passbacks negates your argument without question. 

Of course, mate. Their keeper had a decent game..but.. to only score one was disappointing to say the least.

22 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye.

Embrace the shite and mediocrity or feck off elsewhere, is the mantra of the nodding dogs.

Sickening.

Why don't they want, or demand, better?

Why are they so happy?

Who do you suggest?

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Jammy T is right though. Compared to large parts of last season the league cup groups have been an improvement. I just don’t think we’re good enough for the SPL.

I think we are but I like most have concerns.  We have creativity we have the ability to draw teams out , two things we struggled with last year. We are overly reliant on a couple of players and dont have enough depth. We have brainfarts at the back and that worries me. However I think the football being played is far better than past season. All these wahhh pass it back and around people don’t watch much football. Many teams do it and then they use the space once teams try to come out. Last season teams just didnt come out. Our transitional phase is much quicker and had Ridgers not been in form wed have smashed ICT today in a way I dont think weve beaten a team in a long time. We are being more professional and that will piss a lot off as its not the flair of Easter Road myth but if we can continue to win amd play to our strengths not worry about opponents we will have a decent season. 

I didn't see the game but I gather that we needed just one more goal, we made some chances, and their keeper played well.

Obviously, our manager must now be sacked.

2 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I didn't see the game but I gather that we needed just one more goal, we made some chances, and their keeper played well.

Obviously, our manager must now be sacked.

Didn't you see the Brora game either. He should have been sacked after that. Add in the Alloa Cup exit its a disgrace he is still here. 

23 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aye.

Embrace the shite and mediocrity or feck off elsewhere, is the mantra of the nodding dogs.

Sickening.

Why don't they want, or demand, better?

Why are they so happy?

Unfortunately, that is the new normal now.

Where before Ann set a target of top 4, we're now taking top 6.  Every year our turnover increases, our ambition decreases.

Sad times, but I'm hopeful that Savage will be engaging plan B by Christmas.

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Didn't you see the Brora game either. He should have been sacked after that. Add in the Alloa Cup exit its a disgrace he is still here. 

But he is still here. You can't just shout Brora after every win lose or draw. 

John Findlay
53 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I remember Hibs fans coming out with similar stuff in April and May of 2012.

Man for man we were much closer to Celtic at the time of those games you mention and, for all his faults, Vlad didn't accept the usual bottle jobs in Glasgow that we're all accustomed to. From the dugout to the boardroom, there will be zero expectation of us beating Celtic and zero repercussions when we lose.

As in the 5-0 defeat before the 2-0 QF win.

As in the 5-0 defeat at Celtic Park when Gary Hooper scores all five? 

Both in the Romanov era.

8 minutes ago, Boab said:

Of course, mate. Their keeper had a decent game..but.. to only score one was disappointing to say the least.

Yes it was some were easier to score than miss but also in other games what they did was enough and theyd have scored. Pollock first half , Walker after Boyce played him in , other games the keeper goes the other way or cant get back across. One of those days.

Always love to hear rage merchants tell us what they are doing to not accept mediocrity.

That's right cry on the internet. Very constructive

1 hour ago, Boab said:

I would say that is a wee bit disrespectful to Ridgers. Some decent stops.

They were indeed , some as per my previous reply though.

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

We created loads of chances and loads of shots on target. Neilson can't shoot for them and they should have done better in front of goal. If you think that was shite then you don't watch Scottish football. No game is 90 mins of entertainment. I honestly don't think half the folk on here actually watch football nevermind hearts.

Indeed

58 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Would that be Boyce who passed the buck to Walker in a worse position?

More rubbish from you that was the correct play and Walker should have gone across the keeper. Although most keepers would have gone back across goal and been caught out by Walker going near post.

47 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Try again! Boyce had no composure, no self-belief and passed the ball very wide to Walker who was being closed down and had little angle!

He bottled it!

Trolling is against the forum rules mate

40 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Utter shite, he laid it on a plate for Walker who should have burst the net , bore off and don't bother replying with anymore of your pish.

Indeed

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Yes but he is here , better to get behind the team and see what happens than meltdown everytime things arent 💯. The football so far has been better and more direct when we need to be. We are still missing a lot of chances but the ones we are creating are proper chances now not half chances. 

5 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

But he is still here. You can't just shout Brora after every win lose or draw. 

Yes I can. Worst result in the clubs history end of. 

MEGA FAILS.

Neilson = Southgate.  Requirements as a head coach / manager are easy 

At least Gareth shouldered the blame for his bad decisions.  Nelson will never. 

I want Neilson gone.  I never believed I would say that but he is minus a clue.  Do not waste a season.  Do not waste half a season.  Just do it, Mrs Budge.

Edited by Tasavallan

3 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Always love to hear rage merchants tell us what they are doing to not accept mediocrity.

That's right cry on the internet. Very constructive

Passion is fine , but some of the stuff written is like the old drunk bloke sitting pissed in the corner of the bar whos been on the whisky since 6am and watching the game hes seen 4screens

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Yes I can. Worst result in the clubs history end of. 

So thats it just slate everything Hearts until hes gone?

Just now, Tasavallan said:

MEGA FAILS.

At least Gareth shouldered he blame for his bad decisions.  Nelson will never. 

I want Neilson gone.  I never believed I would say that but he is minus a clue.  Do not waste a season.  Do not waste half a season.  Just do it, Mrs Budge.

A win is a mega fail ? What's a defeat a super big mega fail ?

1 minute ago, sadj said:

They were indeed , some as per my previous reply though.

Indeed

More rubbish from you that was the correct play and Walker should have gone across the keeper. Although most keepers would have gone back across goal and been caught out by Walker going near post.

Trolling is against the forum rules mate

Indeed

Yes but he is here , better to get behind the team and see what happens than meltdown everytime things arent 💯. The football so far has been better and more direct when we need to be. We are still missing a lot of chances but the ones we are creating are proper chances now not half chances. 

We have played no one of note yet and we're easily turned over by a mediocre Sunderland team. Doesn't bear well going forward in my opinion. Of course I want us to succeed but with Neilson at the helm I think we are pissing against the wind. 

4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

MEGA FAILS.

Neilson saying he couldn't ask for any more from his players tonight says it all.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

😂First time I’ve been in the roseburn. Was great to be back tbh. Better than o thought it would be. Magic when Walker scored. My ineptitude for IT shit knows no bounds so expect a DM or two😂😂

Wasn't best pleased when I saw where my seats were but enjoyed it all the same. The noise from only 2900 fans at the start 🤩 can't wait for a full house again, probably be bubblin when it happens 😭

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

MEGA FAILS.

Mega fails indeed!

This is actually next level …

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

So thats it just slate everything Hearts until hes gone?

No I'm slating Neilson as he is a crap Manager /Coach. That is not slating everything Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Passion is fine , but some of the stuff written is like the old drunk bloke sitting pissed in the corner of the bar whos been on the whisky since 6am and watching the game hes seen 4screens

Like I have said before, its all the folk people choose not to sit near at the match or move away from when they can.

It's hard to believe that you win a game but still feel defeated.

That's how I feel after this. 

The players are there. Our front 3 should fill their boots against a team like ICT.

But the game plan and motivation felt missing.

I could be wrong. Maybe when the big games start it will be different. 

Sadly I just don't think Neilson has the ability to motivate or the game plan to take us securely into the top 6 (fair first season target) and on a decent cup run.

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Neilson saying he couldn't ask for any more from his players tonight says it all.

Did you expect Neilson to say anything sensible. 

19 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Who do you suggest?

Not my job.

It's Ms Budge's job and she's not doing it well. 

While she's calling the shots the malaise continues.

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

We have played no one of note yet and we're easily turned over by a mediocre Sunderland team. Doesn't bear well going forward in my opinion. Of course I want us to succeed but with Neilson at the helm I think we are pissing against the wind. 

Sunderland didnt turn us over. Mot sure if you watched it. It was very last season but it was a training game. I dont believe friendlies are worth giving a hoot about. (Didnt when i played , dont now. Iv always just looked at them as a more competitive kickabout)  We lacked a cutting edge but Sunderland didnt really trouble us either. Two shitshows for the goals.

in competitive games this year weve been better. Will that translate to the league season. Thats really the big question i think. Neilson is a no frills , get the job done type manager. Weve all seen the East Stirlings , Montrose and Forfars. So i think its better to put last season in the past and see what we do moving forward. 

McEneff worries me I think he could be a game changer but we dont utilise him properly. Instead Boyce had to drop back and that negates a player who had he had some of the chances today he would imo have scored.

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

No I'm slating Neilson as he is a crap Manager /Coach. That is not slating everything Hearts. 

sorry Boris was more a comment on most on the thread as opposed to directly about you. 

4 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Like I have said before, its all the folk people choose not to sit near at the match or move away from when they can.

Indeed.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sunderland didnt turn us over. Mot sure if you watched it. It was very last season but it was a training game. I dont believe friendlies are worth giving a hoot about. (Didnt when i played , dont now. Iv always just looked at them as a more competitive kickabout)  We lacked a cutting edge but Sunderland didnt really trouble us either. Two shitshows for the goals.

in competitive games this year weve been better. Will that translate to the league season. Thats really the big question i think. Neilson is a no frills , get the job done type manager. Weve all seen the East Stirlings , Montrose and Forfars. So i think its better to put last season in the past and see what we do moving forward. 

McEneff worries me I think he could be a game changer but we dont utilise him properly. Instead Boyce had to drop back and that negates a player who had he had some of the chances today he would imo have scored.

McEneff looked very decent when he arrived. A bit of energy in the middle of the park that we badly needed. Sadly it looks like our manager has sucked the life out of the boy in a short space of time. He has barely kicked a ball so far this pre season and when he has been involved he looks way of it. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

McEneff looked very decent when he arrived. A bit of energy in the middle of the park that we badly needed. Sadly it looks like our manager has sucked the life out of the boy in a short space of time. He has barely kicked a ball so far this pre season and when he has been involved he looks way of it. 

He did and I think he was a good signing , we have not used him well , i wouldnt say thats Neilson sucking the life out of him. More the style of play hasn’t suited him. He has the potential to be a good box to boxer for us

We had enough chances to win 2 games. Pollock in the first half from Gino cut back, Nando off the post, Pollock off the post, GMS with a good volley and Walker had 2 great chances after his quality finish. It just wasn't our day in front of goal. Ridgers was MOTM. The positive is we are creating these chances.

Cochrane looks decent defensively but doesn't offer very much from an attacking sense.

For those saying that we need to beat the best teams to win the trophy...would you rather play Celtic away or Ayr United away in the last 16?

Edited by 8skacel8

Just now, sadj said:

He did and I think he was a good signing , we have not used him well , i wouldnt say thats Neilson sucking the life out of him. More the style of play hasn’t suited him. He has the potential to be a good box to boxer for us

Problem being is when Neilson does involve him he is stuck out on the wide areas. Just doesn't make sense when as you say he looks like a box to box kind of player that looked very promising when he arrived. 

1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

We had enough chances to win 2 games. Pollock in the first half from Gino cut back, Nando off the post, Pollock off the post, GMS with a good volley and Walker had 2 great chances after his quality finish. It just wasn't our day in front of goal. Ridgers was MOTM. The positive is we are creating these chances.

Cochrane looks decent defensively but doesn't offer very much from an attacking sense.

For those saying that we need to beat the best teams to win the trophy...would you rather play Celtic away or Ayr United away in the last 16?

21 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Unfortunately, that is the new normal now.

Where before Ann set a target of top 4, we're now taking top 6.  Every year our turnover increases, our ambition decreases.

Sad times, but I'm hopeful that Savage will be engaging plan B by Christmas.

No belief in Ms. Budge to make any good calls, bud. Even via a second party.

If Savage said "Neilson has to go" would she do it?

More likely Savage would be shown the door, I suspect

She has to go first.

Until then we're going nowhere, imo.

Stand to be corrected but I'd be amazed if I am.

Unfortunately.

We have improved from last year, but have a long way to go before we are at the standard we should be.

Could easily have lost that game today.

4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

We have improved from last year, but have a long way to go before we are at the standard we should be.

were never in danger of losing that game today imo

Jambof3tornado
23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Yup,going to be a disappointing season if he cant ask for more from his players than he got tonight.

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

new levels of lunacy reach this thread. What game did you watch to think that. Weve not looked like losing any game in the group.

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

No belief in Ms. Budge to make any good calls, bud. Even via a second party.

If Savage said "Neilson has to go" would she do it?

More likely Savage would be shown the door, I suspect

She has to go first.

Until then we're going nowhere, imo.

Stand to be corrected but I'd be amazed if I am.

Unfortunately.

I'm absolutely positive that's exactly how it would play out. When Stendel (groan, yes I know) wanted to make changes he was told no and she ended up sacking him without so much as letting him know. He wanted to run the club like a football club. Didn't get the results obviously but she didn't like it one bit he wasn't a yes man and thought the vanity project pish was, pish. She's probably looking at a contract extension for boab.

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Still lacking a leader on the pitch tbh.

Midfield general, total shouty bugger that works his socks off week in week out.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

new levels of lunacy reach this thread. What game did you watch to think that. Weve not looked like losing any game in the group.

I agree. At no point watching today did losing even enter my mind. 

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Midfield general, total shouty bugger that works his socks off week in week out.

That and a no nonsense centre back and we'd be looking good!

portobellojambo1

We won today, but not as convicingly as we could or should have. As a result we now go to Parkhead whereas one further goal scored would have given us a home tie against Ayr United.

I've no idea if we are going to run with what we have, and hope, or if there is any possibility two or three players, who can strengthen the team, may come in over this coming week.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

That and a no nonsense centre back and we'd be looking good!

Add a striker because Gnando not cutting the mustard and if we lose boyce for any matches we'll struggle

Was mceneff injured today? Felt gnando didn’t take his opportunity today. Did create plenty of chances but not clinical enough 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Add a striker because Gnando not cutting the mustard and if we lose boyce for any matches we'll struggle

He made some good runs but generally didn't look interested. There's a lot to be said for finger pointing, shouting and demanding the ball. It goes a long way to winning the fans over.

48 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

We won the league easily with a massive goal difference, but you omitted that. Not sure why. Presumably, you wanted us to be promoted?