Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

His wider point isn’t that stupid to be fair. Loyalty points should be used for sought after tickets away from tynecastle since the vast majority of points would have been collected for games away from tynecastle. We are all equal as season ticket holders for home games imo. 

Agree. The matches in question in terms of the ballot are for seats relating to ST holders for this season. All ST holders get allocated 20 loyalty points for providing funding via their ST. Like most, if not all, supporters, I was disappointed to not get a ticket for the opening home league cup tie, I was part of a ballot like all other ST holders and accepted the outcome. In terms of away games then existing loyalty points kick in when submitting applications for games away from Tynecastle, and rightly those who travel most regularly are more likley to secure tickets for away league and cup ties. I have around 260 loyalty points but those should never have been taken into consideration when doing the ballots. Nor should the fact I've had a ST for 35 years have played any part. It is frustrating not getting to all games, that is not HMFC's fault, that is down to the present pandemic, and the capacities decided by each individual council. But in an open draw you have to accept that sometimes you will miss out.

Edited by portobellojambo1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

GorgieRules22
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Basically you want any system that guaranteed you a ticket ? 😂

If that systems looking after guys that back the club time and time again then yes.

Taken money back for your season ticket due to a worldwide pandemic is a bit scummy for me but I know there’s fans that done that with tickets for Saturday.

As I said fans that show loyalty deserved more but it seems it doesn’t matter.

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

If that systems looking after guys that back the club time and time again then yes.

Taken money back for your season ticket due to a worldwide pandemic is a bit scummy for me but I know there’s fans that done that with tickets for Saturday.

A bit scummy ? Ffs mate some people for a variety reasons including lost jobs maybe couldn’t afford to throw away money like that. 

GorgieRules22

Another system that might have been fair was not someone getting three tickets from the last three games and some getting one.

Im guessing that would have been way too much work for the club to sort out though as it’s almost as if the club is run these days as their job on the side.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Another system that might have been fair was not someone getting three tickets from the last three games and some getting one.

Im guessing that would have been way too much work for the club to sort out though as it’s almost as if the club is run these days as their job on the side.

The League cup games were rightly separate as they hadn’t already been paid for. 

GorgieRules22
Just now, Dazo said:

A bit scummy ? Ffs mate some people for a variety reasons including lost jobs maybe couldn’t afford to throw away money like that. 

I know of at least two people were that isn’t the case though. They just wanted their money back so in my opinion that is scummy and it’s showing zero loyalty to the club.

Theyve been rewarded though with a ticket for tomorrow.

Lessons learned for the next time the club ask fans to help them out though.

GorgieRules22
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

The League cup games were rightly separate as they hadn’t already been paid for. 

Why did some get two for the league cup snd some never got any ??

Clark Griswold

Think you need a lie down in a dark room bud. Venting on kickback isn't going to change the ballot or restricted numbers for tomorrow.

GorgieRules22
Just now, Clark Griswold said:

Think you need a lie down in a dark room bud. Venting on kickback isn't going to change the ballot or restricted numbers for tomorrow.

Venting anger ? It looks more like a valid question.

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Exactly.

Ford Prentice

Checked several times yesterday and this morning. Assumed I was out of luck. Just checked again and had got a ticket at 12:39. Made up. Maybe worth folk having another look.

adambraejambo
3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I know of at least two people were that isn’t the case though. They just wanted their money back so in my opinion that is scummy and it’s showing zero loyalty to the club.

Theyve been rewarded though with a ticket for tomorrow.

Lessons learned for the next time the club ask fans to help them out though.

Think you deliberately looking for a reaction. They have been rewarded because they brought a season ticket. It nothing to do with you if someone took a discount or not. I paid full price myself but does not make me a more worthy Hearts fan than the next man or woman. If you feel so strongly about it maybe go pop into some Hearts pub on matchday and ask some random Hearts fans if they are a scummy one or not. Let us all know how that went for you lol. 

GorgieRules22
8 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Think you deliberately looking for a reaction. They have been rewarded because they brought a season ticket. It nothing to do with you if someone took a discount or not. I paid full price myself but does not make me a more worthy Hearts fan than the next man or woman. If you feel so strongly about it maybe go pop into some Hearts pub on matchday and ask some random Hearts fans if they are a scummy one or not. Let us all know how that went for you lol. 

I’ll do that mate, I’ll get back to you with a report 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

+1

15 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Checked several times yesterday and this morning. Assumed I was out of luck. Just checked again and had got a ticket at 12:39. Made up. Maybe worth folk having another look.

Me too at 12.35

Theme From Sparta F.C.

I haven't had any email as of yet. But I checked my e-tickets account at 0945 and i have been allocated a ticket for tomorrow in Section S.

So it's worth checking in your account and not just checking your emails.

Jean Louis Valois
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Well I've got zip on my account and no emails so I guess I'm SOL.

Same boat as you mate, pretty gutted

davemclaren
32 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No idea. That clearly shouldn’t have happened. The two matches were still rightly separate from the league matches though. 

Clark Griswold
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Well I've got zip on my account and no emails so I guess I'm SOL.

My F5 button has taken a bashing akin to a hobo with his sister down lochend

Jamstomorrow

Just received a ticket for the Smeltic game in the post.  Most unexpected as I did not receive any email.

1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

My F5 button has taken a bashing akin to a hobo with his sister down lochend

:lol:

Carl Weathers
1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Folk spent hundreds of pounds last season and received 14 streams in return and renewed again this season (despite not being guaranteed getting to games). Most of the fans will donate to FoH as well. Hardly scummy to take a small reduction on this year's season ticket. They kept the team going during a pandemic.

Boyces beard
2 hours ago, Diego10 said:

Loyalty points should not be considered for home games.  There's thousands of people who go to every home game and have been season ticket holders for years but don't or can't go to away games.

Ballot of ST holders is the right way to do it, accepting that there should definitely be weighting to favour those who've missed out on previous games (not LC games as they're not ST games)

This

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, Carl Weathers said:

Folk spent hundreds of pounds last season and received 14 streams in return and renewed again this season (despite not being guaranteed getting to games). Most of the fans will donate to FoH as well. Hardly scummy to take a small reduction on this year's season ticket. They kept the team going during a pandemic.

Fans who didn’t take a reduction and back the club again with cash probably should have been shown more loyalty though.

Not everyone’s finances are the same but if I could afford a season ticket in no way am I taking money back from the club were supposed to love.

tokyowalnut
16 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Fans who didn’t take a reduction and back the club again with cash probably should have been shown more loyalty though.

Not everyone’s finances are the same but if I could afford a season ticket in no way am I taking money back from the club were supposed to love.

😄

Well done you for being able to afford your ticket, it isn’t a luxury everyone can. I’m lucky that I can, but there is no way I grudge anyone getting a ticket ahead of me. I haven’t got a ticket for tomorrow night, I’m gutted but I’m not stewing at the thought that someone with less loyalty points than me got one. It’s plebs like you that drive divisions in the support where there doesn’t have to be.

I’ll look forward to hearing your report of going into the Tynie Arms and telling some fans how scummy they are 😄

Clark Griswold
16 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

So fans that deferred their season ticket are scummy too I take it and should be punished and not able to attend ahead of you for potentially not being able to afford it?

I suggest walking away from the keyboard and taking it up with the club direct if you feel that strongly about it.

Edited by Clark Griswold

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They won’t be mutually exclusive groups. Someone like me gets points for being a season ticket holder, points for being an original shareholder and some points for attending a few away matches every season. 

I bet Hearts are hoping these problems disappear quickly. 😄

I'm in the same position. I'm am Original shareholder based on them when my late grandad passed them onto me. I'm a season ticket holder and I to was in the fortunate position to be able to have paid for my season ticket this season and last. I manage quite a few away games with my dad so loyalty points etc.. are decent. 

But personally speaking from my perspective I don't feel any more entitled than the next season ticket holder. Everyone is the same. I think back to when I was young and my late grandfather saved and worked his backside off all year to by his season. So for people who still do that shouldn't be unduly penalised. 

I dont have a ticket for the celtic game. It is what it is. The only issue as I said I would have is if someone got both celtic and Aberdeen and I got none. But hey ho that's not happened. 

1 minute ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

ah yes it is, cheers. I was looking at manage tickets

just got e-mail and tickets for me also 😁👍

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

Just had a phone call from the TO to confirm I’d been allocated tickets this morning. Fantastic service from a team that have been put under unnecessary pressure over the last few days.  

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Just got an email saying I've got a ticket.

Being a happy clapper I knew you would come good.😄

PhoenixHearts

Just out of curiosity if we didn't get a Celtic ticket in the original draw did we have to re-enter the ballot this morning for the extra 700 or was that just for people who missed the deadline first time. 

Would have thought they could just pull another 700 from the original ballot? 

I never got one originally and I never entered into this mornings mini-ballot. Haven't checked my emails yet.

14 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Just out of curiosity if we didn't get a Celtic ticket in the original draw did we have to re-enter the ballot this morning for the extra 700 or was that just for people who missed the deadline first time. 

Would have thought they could just pull another 700 from the original ballot? 

I never got one originally and I never entered into this mornings mini-ballot. Haven't checked my emails yet.

Original ballot

1 hour ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

Me too, but nothing in my etickets 

same here , that's the three games now, have read people complain about how the draw is made even though I have 273 loyalty points it is a home game and all season ticket holders should all have the same chance of getting a ticket. My grand daughter will be over the moon when I tell her, thought we would be watching it on tv.

GorgieRules22
9 minutes ago, whyskey said:

same here , that's the three games now, have read people complain about how the draw is made even though I have 273 loyalty points it is a home game and all season ticket holders should all have the same chance of getting a ticket. My grand daughter will be over the moon when I tell her, thought we would be watching it on tv.

I personally think it’s shit that some will get three games and others only getting to one.

been here before

I personally think it’s shit that some will get three games and others only getting to one.

tenor.gif.1641d1fb9fba7af2518221fe3661367c.gif

been here before
5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

There he is again

:rofl:

Do another rant about how you're a better supporter than others.

Go on.

Funny as ****.

Edited by been here before

18 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Yeah, I only got one and it is shit. If I had got three I would be defending it to the hilt though. 

GorgieRules22
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

:rofl:

Do another rant about how you're a better supporter than others.

Go on.

Funny as ****.

Easily amused it seems.

been here before
Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Easily amused it seems.

50 squillion LPs, a billion pounds into FOH and a ST since before your granded was born wasnt it?

GorgieRules22
Just now, been here before said:

50 squillion LPs, a billion pounds into FOH and a ST since before your granded was born wasnt it?

Can only assume your 14 year old so I’ll leave you be.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Can only assume your 14 year old so I’ll leave you be.

:lol:

35 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

I haven't been to any yet and been a season ticket holder for more years than I care to remember but musn't complain before I get accused of moaning again.