Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

3 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Season ticket for over 20 years, pay a lot  into the Foundation since the start, paid full whack on the first day again for a season ticket and had one ticket in the last three ballots.

They should have thought about looking after their best customers first.

They have, problem is we have more best customers than seats available. Day 1 or day 30 a season ticket is a season ticket. This reduced capacity is not the clubs fault. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No idea what Scotland did but a membership is ( I imagine ) a significantly less commitment than pre paying for tickets for all their matches in a season. 

£50 Scotland Supporters Club subscription and loyalty points based on games attended. I can't make away games (well, I go to one per campaign) due to work so I didn't have enough to attend either home Euro match or Wembley. Had to suck it up.

Not too dissimilar to the "excuse" used by ST holders on here about away games. I know plenty Hearts fans who could easily go to away games and build up their loyalty points. Some even come on here and use the "work" excuse. Aye, they're working their right elbow in the pub! They're usually the ones begging me to help them get to ER or finals.

Hearts of Vladland
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not sure that ST holders who go to more away games should take priority over another ST holder who goes to less / no away games.  The money for these away games doesn’t go into Hearts after all.  Doubt there’s a solution that would keep everyone happy. 

What a stupid argument, these fans go to support the team so are rewarded for that. A lot of loyalty points folk will have gained will be from home and away cup matches as well, which the club gets 50% of the gate receipts from as well.

1 minute ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

What a stupid argument, these fans go to support the team so are rewarded for that. A lot of loyalty points folk will have gained will be from home and away cup matches as well, which the club gets 50% of the gate receipts from as well.

His wider point isn’t that stupid to be fair. Loyalty points should be used for sought after tickets away from tynecastle since the vast majority of points would have been collected for games away from tynecastle. We are all equal as season ticket holders for home games imo. 

Prince Buaben
7 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Season ticket for over 20 years, pay a lot  into the Foundation since the start, paid full whack on the first day again for a season ticket and had one ticket in the last three ballots.

Its not a cock measuring contest though and every season ticket holder has the right to have the same chance at the start of the season. 

Initially I thought use LPs and work from top down then start where left off for the next game but it is a bit unfair for folk have paid full whack but have no chance of a ticket.

I've had plums now in the last 3 1/2 ballots. I understand that its been reset for the league so fine. At the moment its 2 ST holders for every seat avaliable. Not everyone can go. 

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

£50 Scotland Supporters Club subscription and loyalty points based on games attended. I can't make away games (well, I go to one per campaign) due to work so I didn't have enough to attend either home Euro match or Wembley. Had to suck it up.

Not too dissimilar to the "excuse" used by ST holders on here about away games. I know plenty Hearts fans who could easily go to away games and build up their loyalty points. Some even come on here and use the "work" excuse. Aye, they're working their right elbow in the pub! They're usually the ones begging me to help them get to ER or finals.

I assume that Scotland don’t sell home season tickets so didn’t have the same issues. 

Majority of mine, and many others’ LPs are built up from away games. System has always worked fine for me. I wish people wouldn’t continually criticise a scheme that works in normal times. 
Of course, this situation now is unprecedented. The point stands though, big games like Finals etc, ST holders and LPs after that. For away games like Hibs, LPs. 
It’s not a problem really, people with two seasons of a ST are on 40 minimum. If the bar is set higher then that’s where the home and away guys benefit. Rightly so !

Hearts of Vladland
1 minute ago, Dazo said:

His wider point isn’t that stupid to be fair. Loyalty points should be used for sought after tickets away from tynecastle since the vast majority of points would have been collected for games away from tynecastle. We are all equal as season ticket holders for home games imo. 

So why do we gain loyalty points for home games then? 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-and-hospitality/matchday/loyalty-points-scheme

‘Hearts Loyalty Points are used to determine access to tickets for matches where there is high demand, such Semi-Finals and Finals or away matches.’

This game is ‘high demand’ for the amount of tickets available so for me should have come under the loyalty points system.

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume that Scotland don’t sell home season tickets so didn’t have the same issues. 

Your SSC membership is effectively a guarantee of seeing the home games but I guess technically you are correct. Many missed out who expected to be there all the same.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/tickets-and-hospitality/matchday/loyalty-points-scheme

‘Hearts Loyalty Points are used to determine access to tickets for matches where there is high demand, such Semi-Finals and Finals or away matches.’

This game is ‘high demand’ for the amount of tickets available so for me should have come under the loyalty points system.

I can see this argument. A guy could have bought a ST last season and be in the ballot with someone who has a sack of LPs. Scheme is there to be used. Why not use it ?

Prince Buaben

Its high demand but 10k people have already paid for tickets. Its not sold on a LP basis like Easter Road, Semis and Finals.

If Hearts hadn't sold a season ticket but instead sold them on a match to match basis then aye you could set the bar at 90 LPs and go from there. Thats when LPs work

I didn’t say we don’t get points for home games. For home league games all season ticket holders are equal and should be treated as such. This is a home league game so no season ticket holder should get any preference over another. I’ve got 5 platinum season tickets should I get put in the queue ahead of someone who has 1 bronze ? Because I certainly don’t think I should. 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Your SSC membership is effectively a guarantee of seeing the home games but I guess technically you are correct. Many missed out who expected to be there all the same.

There’s no perfect solution. Hopefully we don’t have to endure it for too long. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

Only have to endure it for this match, we will be full for the Aberdeen match don't you know. Our Government inside source will be along shortly to confirm!

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Everything crossed for that. Hopefully the "Aberdeen will be full capacity" guy is right! 😂

2 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Everything crossed for that. Hopefully the "Aberdeen will be full capacity" guy is right! 😂

It needs to be our this place will be on full meltdown. 😂

Clark Griswold

As Dave says, there is no perfect solution. Just say full capacity is allowed for Aberdeen, then the 5000 that missed out on the first ballot are screwed over for the first game and get 1 less match than other ST holders that got to the first game.

Edited by Clark Griswold

56 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

It’s looking likely this will be the only game that all season ticket holders won’t be able to go to so surely it should have been down to loyalty points? Probably just me being selfish due to not getting a ticket but what is the point in me having 200+ Loyalty points and not being able able to get a ticket for a game with limited capacity? I’d understand if the limited capacity was to last a while but the club isn’t expecting it to.

I don't know where you draw the line. It looks like I will be missing out and I've had a season ticket since 1969. If it was down to loyalty points I most likely have an average number as I haven't been to an away match in years, but there again over the years I've been to approaching 2,000 games, home and away, which will be many more than quite a number of those with many more loyalty points than me. Like you, I cannot help but feeling a bit selfish and disappointed that my loyalty has counted for nothing, but I do accept that the club is stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one and that half of all season ticket holders will miss out. I just wish that it hadn't been me!

Saint Jambo

There was no system that would keep all fans or even all season ticket holders happy. If they had gone for loyalty points (which were clearly never intended to be a system for differntiating between season ticket holders for league games) then there would have been people complaining that having had a season ticket for 60 years but not now being able to travel away from home they were now behind someone who started following Hearts in 2019/20 and went to a few away games. If they had said those with lower loyalty points would definitely miss out, how could they possibly justify selling them a season ticket at full price. It would have added a disincentive to fans to buy season tickets at a time that the club need the money.

The same is true of the league cup games. If they had said that applying for, being succesful for and paying for the cup games against cove and ICT reduced your chance of getting in for the Celtic game which you've already paid for, then how many people would have gone to the cup games. It do people meant that priority only goes if you applied for but were unsuccessful for the cup games, in which case now if you can't attend the cup games you are being penalised for the league games you have paid for.

To me the important thing was that Hearts were clear before purchase what the system would be. They were clear before season ticket sales it would be a ballot not loyalty points and it was clear before the league cup games that they were distinct from the league games. If the first home game had been against St Mirren and the second against Hibs with the same doubt over getting full capacity for the second game, we'd have people actively celebrating not getting a ticket for the first game. No win situation for the club, not really their fault.

Hearts of Vladland

FWIW, as I said at the start I am only annoyed as I haven’t received a ticket. I wouldn’t be here moaning if I had one. I just feel that when we have a system that is there to reward loyal fans it should be used in situations when demand exceeds supply. I understand the ‘ever season ticket holder should have a even chance’ argument, I just don’t agree with it. If the restrictions go past the 9th then my whole argument is invalid and kudos to Hearts but I just don’t expect them to.

42 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Unfortunately, that isn't the definition of best customer, as such a definition doesn't exist..

132goals1958
32 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Its not a cock measuring contest though and every season ticket holder has the right to have the same chance at the start of the season. 

Initially I thought use LPs and work from top down then start where left off for the next game but it is a bit unfair for folk have paid full whack but have no chance of a ticket.

I've had plums now in the last 3 1/2 ballots. I understand that its been reset for the league so fine. At the moment its 2 ST holders for every seat avaliable. Not everyone can go. 

That's a shame 

4 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

FWIW, as I said at the start I am only annoyed as I haven’t received a ticket. I wouldn’t be here moaning if I had one. I just feel that when we have a system that is there to reward loyal fans it should be used in situations when demand exceeds supply. I understand the ‘ever season ticket holder should have a even chance’ argument, I just don’t agree with it. If the restrictions go past the 9th then my whole argument is invalid and kudos to Hearts but I just don’t expect them to.

Whoever misses out will rightly be a bit pissed off to varying degrees. That’s a fact regardless of what system was used. It’s shit but it isn’t the clubs doing. 

The Hogfather

What's the core Hearts away support? 1,000 fans? I don't see any issue with Hearts allocating 1,000 tickets to Loyalty Points and 3,500 (now 4,200) to a ballot. They're then seen to be looking after the people who travel up and down the country every week and still allocating the majority of tickets to a ballot. It also provides people with a bit more control over attending fixtures they can manage, rather than being handed a ticket for a game they can't make.

GorgieRules22

Anyone that got money off last seasons season ticket should have been the bottom of the pile in a ballot for me....the club ask you to show loyalty so a fan who paid full whack again should be shown that loyalty back.

Loyalty works both ways.

1 hour ago, crunchy frog said:

I think the ballot actually depends on where you name was on the FOH tribute 3rd top a few seasons ago. I was right next to the badge. Just saying, like

:pleasingao:

I was under the arm.😁. Got ticket on Tuesday.

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

What's the core Hearts away support? 1,000 fans? I don't see any issue with Hearts allocating 1,000 tickets to Loyalty Points and 3,500 (now 4,200) to a ballot. They're then seen to be looking after the people who travel up and down the country every week and still allocating the majority of tickets to a ballot. It also provides people with a bit more control over attending fixtures they can manage, rather than being handed a ticket for a game they can't make.

They won’t be mutually exclusive groups. Someone like me gets points for being a season ticket holder, points for being an original shareholder and some points for attending a few away matches every season. 

I bet Hearts are hoping these problems disappear quickly. 😄

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

Anyone that got money off last seasons season ticket should have been the bottom of the pile in a ballot for me....the club ask you to show loyalty so a fan who paid full whack again should be shown that loyalty back.

Loyalty works both ways.

What about folk in that situation who bought 4 season tickets and only claimed back for 1?

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

They won’t be mutually exclusive groups. Someone like me gets points for being a season ticket holder, points for being an original shareholder and some points for attending a few away matches every season. 

I bet Hearts are hoping these problems disappear quickly. 😄

No, I don't imagine they would be. But taking out 1,000 supporters with enough Loyalty Points still leaves a 1 in 3 chance (higher now the capacity has gone up) of a season ticket holder getting a ticket. And a 1 in 2 if the capacity is to remain at around the 6,000 mark for Aberdeen.

4 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Loyalty works both ways.

I paid full price and have only got a ticket for ICT game but I disagree with that. We are all in this together. Simple as that for me. 

I'm going to assume if I've got no notification by now i'm not getting a ticket, gutted to be missing first game of the season and to be disappointed twice in a week, but i'm not going to whine about it, got to see both cove and caley thistle matches and had already decided which pub i was going to watch it in anyway.

The quicker these restrictions disappear the better. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

That was a month ago, the club don’t seem to be confident of having a full house versus Aberdeen if the last few statements are anything to go by. 

Loyalty points should not be considered for home games.  There's thousands of people who go to every home game and have been season ticket holders for years but don't or can't go to away games.

Ballot of ST holders is the right way to do it, accepting that there should definitely be weighting to favour those who've missed out on previous games (not LC games as they're not ST games)

Hearts of Vladland
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That was a month ago, the club don’t seem to be confident of having a full house versus Aberdeen if the last few statements are anything to go by. 

I wouldn’t expect a full house against Aberdeen either I just expect every season ticket holder to be there. Allowing bubbles to sit together would make a big difference in the numbers aloud.

3 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

I wouldn’t expect a full house against Aberdeen either I just expect every season ticket holder to be there. Allowing bubbles to sit together would make a big difference in the numbers aloud.

Yes you'd imagine we'd be allowed 10,000 for the Aberdeen game given the Old Firm will likely be heading beyond 70% capacity at that point.

Maybe depends on whether Hearts push for social groups of up to 15 though :ninja:

44 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

As Dave says, there is no perfect solution. Just say full capacity is allowed for Aberdeen, then the 5000 that missed out on the first ballot are screwed over for the first game and get 1 less match than other ST holders that got to the first game.

Be positive the lucky 5,000 that get to the Celtic match get a ‘bonus’ match vs other ST holders!

The only ‘fair’ alternative is ‘equal misery for all’!
All or nothing, everybody in or everybody out!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

3fingersreid

So the three of us  in my household have missed out☹️☹️ 
Couple of mates were lucky so I guess I’ll play at being VAR ref at home watching on sky .

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

Yeah fair points, the problem for some is where we will be sat if there is any social distancing enforced. 
Some folk have problems with heights or the stairs etc. 
It’s maybe why they’ve stopped selling Season Tickets just now. 
With any luck all restrictions will be lifted but it won’t be a shock if they aren’t. 

Didn't enter the ballot for the ICT game as I was away on holiday for a fee days, not got a ticket for the Celtic game and while I am disappointed I understand that there will be winners and losers and the club would have the stands full if it was allowed 

12 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

No, full capacity is possible from August 10th if that part of 'beyond level zero' goes ahead without changes to the roadmap of lifting restrictions.

I think Nicola Sturgeon will announce whether that can go ahead next Wednesday although I'm not 100% on when the update will be communicated.

Hearts did perhaps confuse matters by mentioning what the restricted capacity would be for Aberdeen if we are still at level zero.

I was going by what Natilie Irons (Hearts Hospitality) told me recently when I enquired about booking hospitality. She said that they were hopefull of being back mormal after the Aberdeen game.

You may well be right , hope so.

38 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Loyalty points should not be considered for home games.  There's thousands of people who go to every home game and have been season ticket holders for years but don't or can't go to away games.

Ballot of ST holders is the right way to do it, accepting that there should definitely be weighting to favour those who've missed out on previous games (not LC games as they're not ST games)

Have to agree mate loyalty points in a situation like this are immaterial. Nobody who has a season ticket in my book is more or less entitled than the next season ticket holder.

When crowds are limited a fair balance is required. Nobody getting every game and  Nobody getting none. Equity is key and fairness. 

GorgieRules22
50 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

I'm going to assume if I've got no notification by now i'm not getting a ticket, gutted to be missing first game of the season and to be disappointed twice in a week, but i'm not going to whine about it, got to see both cove and caley thistle matches and had already decided which pub i was going to watch it in anyway.

The quicker these restrictions disappear the better. 

That’s all good and well if you got both league cup games but some of us didn’t even get that.

35 minutes ago, kila said:

Yes you'd imagine we'd be allowed 10,000 for the Aberdeen game given the Old Firm will likely be heading beyond 70% capacity at that point.

Maybe depends on whether Hearts push for social groups of up to 15 though :ninja:

Jason Leitch said on the John Beattie show that the SG would prefer Environmental Health Officers take all logistics in to hosting events in to account and not have a 'big bang' approach on 9th August.

It wasn't clear whether he meant work up to 09 August or still to do slowly, slowly post 09

the sub goalie
52 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Loyalty works both ways.

Last season we had our 3 season tickets, I didn't request for any ticket to be carried over despite us watching each match on only one device together.  I was in a fortunate position where I made the decision that Hearts could keep the money for the 3 tickets despite us only using one stream.  Does that make me a better fan than anyone else, absolutely not.   Each and every fan has their own circumstances, and have selected the package that suits their needs the best from the options Hearts offered.  So I think it would be unfair to draw tickets based on financial contribution, at the end of the day we are all season ticket holders and are the life blood of the club.

I feel the club are stuck between a rock and a hard place as it will be nigh on impossible to please everyone.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Last season we had our 3 season tickets, I didn't request for any ticket to be carried over despite us watching each match on only one device together.  I was in a fortunate position where I made the decision that Hearts could keep the money for the 3 tickets despite us only using one stream.  Does that make me a better fan than anyone else, absolutely not.   Each and every fan has their own circumstances, and have selected the package that suits their needs the best from the options Hearts offered.  So I think it would be unfair to draw tickets based on financial contribution, at the end of the day we are all season ticket holders and are the life blood of the club.

I feel the club are stuck between a rock and a hard place as it will be nigh on impossible to please everyone.

Agree with this. 

1 hour ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Loyalty works both ways.

Basically you want any system that guaranteed you a ticket ? 😂

8 minutes ago, the sub goalie said:

Absolutely. Ffs Financial ability should  not be a consideration in a ballot between season ticket holders.