Tokyo Olympics 2021

Malinga the Swinga

Malinga the Swinga

Watching last 5 minutes of GB v Belgium reminded me of Euro indoors I was at few years back. Last game saw teams stay in own half and 2 guys passed it back and forward for 20 minutes between them. Draw saw one team win competition and other stay up.

They need to play games at same time or this is what happens.

Belgium basically played walking hockey whole game but reckon it's them v Aussies for final.

That would be a cracking physical game.

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neilnunb

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Malinga the Swinga

Jambo-Jimbo
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

You might think rowing will get some funding cuts for poor performance. 

Other sports have questioned the high funding for rowing previously. 

Maybe there are youngsters coming through and it's normal to have a dip. 

Rowing is the top funded sport, so they just said on BBC News.

Dennis Reynolds

Chucked the TV before falling asleep and now can't turn it off before the end of this 😄 This has been a cracking race.

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Last lap in the triathlon. GB leading but the French closing.

Going to be some finish!

Gold in the mixed medley relay swimming. World record.

Kathleen Dawson from Kirkcaldy too. 😁

Edited by neilnunb

15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Good news. USA disqualified from the 4x400m mixed relay. Opens it up. GB qualify for final 

Bloody Americans reinstated 😡

Roxy Hearts
8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Gold in the mixed medley relay swimming. World record.

Kathleen Dawson from Kirkcaldy too. 😁

Brilliant race and always a bit special when a Scot's involved. 

8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Brilliant race and always a bit special when a Scot's involved. 

Aye, was fun seeing the teams that put the two women up first just get swallowed up 😁

Djokovic acting like a dick in the bronze medal match. Launches his racket into the stands after losing a point. Somehow doesn't get a warning from the umpire - Malinga will not be pleased.

On 27/07/2021 at 09:06, Barack said:

UK sport have a target. Between 45-70 medals.

27 so far with at least 3 in boxing to come. 

Edited by Mikey1874

54 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Carreno Busta finally beats Djokovic to the bronze medal after 6 match points.

:pleasing: GIRFUY mr medical time out

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Oooh Blessing Okagbare out of 100m after failing a drugs test 👋

also 20 other nigerians who missed out of comeptition testing. michael johnson immediately correcting gabby logan after she said could it be a bigger problem in nigeria. MJ stating it is due to nigeria not having all the protocols in place for out of competition testing so need other things in place

Malinga the Swinga

Great mixed relay performance in swimming and with the mens 4 X 100 relay tomorrow, that looks one to watch. I record it and watch without looking at results. Will be between US & GB.

Must admit I can't be bothered with athletics. Imagine asking them to sacrifice individual race to run relay like the swimmers have done. They're the divas of the team, or at least, act like they are.

Shame women's rugby 7's finished 4th, but they gave everything.

Triathlon good as well, with top performances from all 4.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Djokovic acting like a dick in the bronze medal match. Launches his racket into the stands after losing a point. Somehow doesn't get a warning from the umpire - Malinga will not be pleased.

Umpires frightened of Novak. Won't shed a tear he got nothing.

While athletes getting faster and stronger, with technology getting better and more accurate, it's a shame the standard of human refereeing, umpiring and judging is getting worse in all sports. They now consider themselves part of the 'experience' instead of just doing their job.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Asher-Smith likely out of the 100m. Finished 3rd, needed 2nd to guarantee progress.

Already pundits with excuse about previous injury. Just not a good performance and she needs to do better.

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Asher-Smith likely out of the 100m. Finished 3rd, needed 2nd to guarantee progress.

the second semi has the third placed person with a faster time so unless the third in the final semi is slower she is out

dina asher smith is out, potentially all brits are out. depends on what they do with two finishing with the same time for the final spot

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

dina asher smith is out, potentially all brits are out. depends on what they do with two finishing with the same time for the final spot

neita gets the spot when they go to the next decimal place, so one brit in the final

Malinga the Swinga

Once the athletics starts, it slows down the whole pace of Olympics with the qualifying jumping and throwing events taking what seems like forever while other events continue much faster.

You don't get a few attempts to swim and box. You don't get a do-over at golf if you hit bad drive.

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

also 20 other nigerians who missed out of comeptition testing. michael johnson immediately correcting gabby logan after she said could it be a bigger problem in nigeria. MJ stating it is due to nigeria not having all the protocols in place for out of competition testing so need other things in place

Gabby Logan gets on my wick. Typical bootlicking bbc presenter! Ingratiating, hyperbolic etc. 

I wonder what excuses they'll make for Asher-Smith? Thank goodness we'll not have to put with all the waffle! I'd like to know what Michael Johnson really thinks. He has to talk round what he's asked at times!

Get all worked up over her but hardly a thing said about Duncan Scott who is a superior athlete like Peaty.

8 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

second false start in this heat

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

nigerian 100 m sprinter DQ but the brit who did the same on the first start did not get DQ

The problem is the machinery. But they can't admit that. 

8 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Gabby Logan gets on my wick. Typical bootlicking bbc presenter! Ingratiating, hyperbolic etc. 

I wonder what excuses they'll make for Asher-Smith? Thank goodness we'll not have to put with all the waffle! I'd like to know what Michael Johnson really thinks. He has to talk round what he's asked at times!

Get all worked up over her but hardly a thing said about Duncan Scott who is a superior athlete like Peaty.

Yeah

Being injured should have pulled out. But hard thing to do when your whole life revolves around winning at the Olympics. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Being injured should have pulled out. But hard thing to do when your whole life revolves around winning at the Olympics. 

she has just said she is pulling out of the 200m. i did not like the bbc remaining with her as she started to cry, when clearly they should have cut away and came back to her once she had composed herself

Roxy Hearts
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Was unaware of the injury but they go over the top. I don't think she would have won. Felt sorry for her.

3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Was unaware of the injury but they go over the top. I don't think she would have won. Felt sorry for her.

i think the top two places are decided (barring a false start/fall) with pryce-fraser and thompson-herah fighting for them.

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think the top two places are decided (barring a false start/fall) with pryce-fraser and thompson-herah fighting for them.

Agreed. Should be a good final.

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

all three brits made the final

They all ran well. The young Hodgkinson ran a great race.

13 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

They all ran well. The young Hodgkinson ran a great race.

her finish was good, i would say she has been the most impressive of the three