• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Bloody hell, he'll not come back from that on top of a replacement hip. 😎

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Mountain to climb?

😁🖕 the pair of ya

Respect to Murray, what he puts his body through is frightening, I’m sure most on this thread will have seen the documentary about his injuries, if not give it a watch.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Coco Guff out. 😎

As is Iga Swiatek.

The men's draw is looking pretty seedless. Hubie Hurcacz and Felix A-A both out as well.

I P Knightley

It's now hard to see beyond a final between Djokovic and Tshitsispants.

I'm finding it hard to get interested in the matches going on over the next couple of days. I think the first week (and yesterday) took it out of me.

On the women's side, Pegula is still on track for singles and doubles (partnering Gauff) titles. I'm going to guess (with some certainty) that that's a feat last achieved by a Williams.

22 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm finding it hard to get interested in the matches going on over the next couple of days. I think the first week (and yesterday) took it out of me.

On the women's side, Pegula is still on track for singles and doubles (partnering Gauff) titles. I'm going to guess (with some certainty) that that's a feat last achieved by a Williams.

Barbora Krejcikova 2021 French open 

womens race wide open . Hopefully final between Sabalenka v Pegula ? ( unsure if they are in different parts of the draw though. ) 

Though have soft spot for Azarenko who seems to have been around for decades 😂

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Jeffros Furios

The slightly radge Sabalenka looks like she's  brought her game for a slam .

Only if she doesn't  lose the plot ! 

27 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

The slightly radge Sabalenka looks like she's  brought her game for a slam .

Only if she doesn't  lose the plot ! 

And serves consistently ! Reminds me of Monica Seles 

2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I'm a bit of a Rublev fan so will be rooting for him. I admire Novak as a player but i can't really get into watching him play (not his fault as he just dominates with ruthless efficiency).

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I'm a bit of a Rublev fan so will be rooting for him. I admire Novak as a player but i can't really get into watching him play (not his fault as he just dominates with ruthless efficiency).

Nothing about Rublev particularly appeals to me, I'm afraid, hence my general 'meh' about the next couple of rounds.

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Nothing about Rublev particularly appeals to me, I'm afraid, hence my general 'meh' about the next couple of rounds.

He's got Novak anyway so won't be an issue anyway

I P Knightley
On 23/01/2023 at 14:51, Nookie Bear said:

He's got Novak anyway so won't be an issue anyway

Novak has been handing him his arse on a plate. 6-1; 6-2 and currently 4-2.

I P Knightley
44 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ridiculous levels!

He's headed back to #1 ranking and that's without counting the points he should have been given for Wimbledon. 

New Town Loafer
56 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

He's headed back to #1 ranking and that's without counting the points he should have been given for Wimbledon. 

He’d quite conceivably be going for his 23rd Grand Slam had it not been for the ridiculous stance taken by the Australians and Americans.

He’s different gravy. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Love the guy. Hope he waltzes through a Grand Slam year (assuming he gets into the US) then calls it a day, dropping the mic at the end of Flushing Meadows with the undisputed lead in the GS arms race. 

I can't see him feeling the need to do the mic drop this year. Even if his level next year is 5-10% off what it is this year, he'd still be strongly in contention.

Just wonder how much all the time off he had last season helped Djokovic. 

He obviously didnt play Australia, missed the American hard court swing in March, only really played the Clay and Grass before again missing the American hard court swing again. 

Plenty rest and time to train and also, the absolute motivation for this year. 

1 hour ago, Rudi Skacel said:

Just wonder how much all the time off he had last season helped Djokovic. 

He obviously didnt play Australia, missed the American hard court swing in March, only really played the Clay and Grass before again missing the American hard court swing again. 

Plenty rest and time to train and also, the absolute motivation for this year. 

First post, but long time lurker. Whilst Djokovic may have benefited from missing those tournaments. I'm sure the fact he missed 2 slams he would be a big favourite in has well but negated the extra rest and top level competition he would have had. I expect him to win the Aussie open and Wimbledon this year but anything can happen. Judging by his mental toughness in years gone by I doubt he needs any reason for extra motivation

I P Knightley
20 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

First post, but long time lurker. Whilst Djokovic may have benefited from missing those tournaments. I'm sure the fact he missed 2 slams he would be a big favourite in has well but negated the extra rest and top level competition he would have had. I expect him to win the Aussie open and Wimbledon this year but anything can happen. Judging by his mental toughness in years gone by I doubt he needs any reason for extra motivation

I agree in general but have had the sense since he arrived in Oz that he's been on a mission and is aiming to get it right up "them".

It would be the same in the US.

His absence from the 2 slams in 2021 and the failure to earn points at Wimblers cost him potentially 6,000 ranking points. He's probably not too worried about that as he knows he's remained the best. However, he'd already have been ahead of Nadal in the all-time GS winners list had he taken both.

Furthermore, the prize money from each is somewhere around $2.5million. I know he's got quite enough cash already but losing out on $5m for what he'll take to be a justifiable stance has to rankle a bit. So even more motivation to get it right up yeez aw!

I really don't think he was sitting back and thinking how much that missing the schlep was doing him good.

I don't know what the current status is in the US and whether he's likely to be there this spring. I hope he is but, if not, I'd be getting him into every clay court 250 and 500 tournament possible to make him court ready for Roland Garros. I say it every year but Nadal's heading for the glue factory so it becomes attainable for clay mortals to win it.

Getting wa-a-ay ahead of myself but I imagine there'd be quite an outcry if Djoko bags Oz, RG and Wimblers and the US authorities refuse to let him compete for his Grand Slam.

Looking forward to the women's semis in the morning.

Rybakina to win with lots of games / three sets.

Sabalenka should win but Linette has already disposed of four big hitters so wouldn't surprise me if she were to win / take a set at least.

Rybakina hopefully wins the whe thing.

8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'm looking forward to Djokovic Sr v Zelensky.

Lol the media really are garbage . Can’t get to Novak re covid but going for him on this ! Pathetic really 

Jeffros Furios
56 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

326713214_873342767236756_2004964829230868663_n.jpg

Typical Serbian dogs ..  always Russia's poodle 

13 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Typical Serbian dogs ..  always Russia's poodle 

Your getting tripple giffed for that 😄

4A590A86-9809-46EA-946A-B753C1538B37.gif

071DBC52-AE17-4312-AD1D-FA938FB6B263.gif

A261F388-B5D9-4B90-8879-2234AD277B1C.gif

54 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I want to know where I can get one of those 'Z' T-shirts. It'll go nice with my MAGA hat.

😂😎 back of a balkans van maybe ? 

On 26/01/2023 at 16:11, JudyJudyJudy said:

Sabalenka v Rylakina should be a good final . 

Will be class. I like them both but Elena is my favourite female player 😍

4 hours ago, Homme said:

Will be class. I like them both but Elena is my favourite female player 😍

Yes im fine with either winner. Most def a 3 setter. Oh aye shes a good looker. 

I P Knightley

The final is under way and it sounds as though Djoko is acting tormented this morning. We don't usually see this and I wonder whether it's a ploy to unsettle Tshitsispants.

If he wins this breaker to lead by 2 sets, I reckon that's him home and hosed.