Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

What a superb match ! Stfu Lloyd . Tits should have been bombed out for what he done ! Hopefully this is a new rivalry once the big 3 depart ? for the record I do like Stefano , he writes some funny tweets ! But can be inconsistent in the big matches . 

Nicks swearing should have get him the boot.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, ri Alban said:

Nicks swearing should have get him the boot.

Awe  diddums ! An athlete swears in frustration ! Big deal . It’s a tennis match not a knitting contest . 

Awe  diddums ! An athlete swears in frustration ! Big deal . It’s a tennis match not a knitting contest . 

What do you think about footballers swearing and abusing the ref? Should be a booking every time right?

JudyJudyJudy

Awe big baws Rafa thinking he’s owning Wimbledon now . Stick to stade Roland garris son . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

What do you think about footballers swearing and abusing the ref? Should be a booking every time right?

That’s up to refs to deal with . It’s neither here nor there what I think  really . 

Awe big baws Rafa thinking he’s owning Wimbledon now . Stick to stade Roland garris son . 

I've noticed he's been getting a bit spikier about his fellow players since he moved ahead in Slams.

Piece of work.

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That’s up to refs to deal with . It’s neither here nor there what I think  really . 

If you were a ref would you accept it?

I get swearing at yourself out of frustration but Kyrgios crossed many a line tonight

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I've noticed he's been getting a bit spikier about his fellow players since he moved ahead in Slams.

Piece of work.

He’s a fraud and fake . 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

If you were a ref would you accept it?

I get swearing at yourself out of frustration but Kyrgios crossed many a line tonight

I’d assess the context of the outbursts and make an informed assessment based on the guidance and rules . Don’t get me wrong some of his behaviour was unacceptable but I also think tennis is facing a slump just now , well certainly the womens so a wee bit stirring up may liven it up . 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Piece of work.

Actually Garros ( Just In case someone pulls me up ! ) 😂

I’d assess the context of the outbursts and make an informed assessment based on the guidance and rules . Don’t get me wrong some of his behaviour was unacceptable but I also think tennis is facing a slump just now , well certainly the womens so a wee bit stirring up may liven it up . 

Agree with the entertainment side but yeah abusing officials is a line crossed in my opinion 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Agree with the entertainment side but yeah abusing officials is a line crossed in my opinion 

👍👍

Jeffros Furios
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He’s a fraud and fake . 

Nadal will still be winning slams when the Serbian slave is jailed .

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Nadal will still be winning slams when the Serbian slave is jailed .

Disgraceful . 

Bet Nadal wished he had Djokos Lego hair though?

Or his completely clean drug free body ? 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Disgraceful . 

Or his completely clean drug free body ? 

Now now!

If you want to explore their bodies you should in your own space 🤭

JudyJudyJudy

Anyway been a good tennis day . The so called runaway favourite to win the ladies drummed right out and the entertaining nick match . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Jeff said:

Now now!

If you want to explore their bodies you should in your own space 🤭

Wouldn’t touch either of them with a barge pole mate ! Not my types 👍

4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Wouldn’t touch either of them with a barge pole mate ! Not my types 👍

Aye? Thought you were all over Novak with the avatar back in the day

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Aye? Thought you were all over Novak with the avatar back in the day

Oh dear . A homosexual can admire a man for his principles or talent without also wanting to get into his pants . Dearie me 😎

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Tricky Nicky K. rustling jimmies left, right and centre, it seems.

:verysmug:

It’s a stuffy crowd in here tonight in seems , even worse than the Wimbledon commentary box.  I do hear even Mac got involved criticising Kyrgios ! 

B9670828-D96E-413F-81E5-546314E3F1FC.gif

12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh dear . A homosexual can admire a man for his principles or talent without also wanting to get into his pants . Dearie me 😎

Of course I didn't mean it that way 😂.

I misread you... Better recall those emails to him 😬

JudyJudyJudy

Of course I didn't mean it that way 😂.

I misread you... Better recall those emails to him 😬

8F0F4CB8-0A49-426E-A746-2A5137EEAE44.gif

Nookie Bear
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I suppose we look at tennis from a football fan’s mentality so are a lot cooler about these sort of outbursts. 

But sometimes games need an edge. Two guys who clearly were rubbing each other up the wrong way, both brilliant players and the crowd were on the edge of their seats from start to finish. There needs to be a respect for authority but I sometimes feel, if the opponent is not bothered by it, then keep the game going. 

Rather that sometimes than the top seeds cruising through in straight sets. 

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I suppose we look at tennis from a football fan’s mentality so are a lot cooler about these sort of outbursts. 

But sometimes games need an edge. Two guys who clearly were rubbing each other up the wrong way, both brilliant players and the crowd were on the edge of their seats from start to finish. There needs to be a respect for authority but I sometimes feel, if the opponent is not bothered by it, then keep the game going. 

The fact Tstipas(sp) started complaining about his towels being moved showed it got to him.

Interesting that Kyrgios was quiet when winning until it got close in the 4th

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

The fact Tstipas(sp) started complaining about his towels being moved showed it got to him.

Opponents need to remember that if Nick is complaining then he’s losing the game. 

Nick is an absolute arse but that drop shot on match point was something very few would have tried. Outrageous. 

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Great summary 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Opponents need to remember that if Nick is complaining then he’s losing the game. 

Nick is an absolute arse but that drop shot on match point was something very few would have tried. Outrageous. 

Yes that shot !!! Wow . I whooped 😎

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

You're right but still.... He's the Atletico of Tennis

A Boy Named Crow
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Tricky Nicky K. rustling jimmies left, right and centre, it seems.

:verysmug:

Tennis is meant to be entertaining, isn't it? The guy is an entertainer! The BBC and stuffy tennis fans are embarrassing themselves, I'd love it if he won Wimbledon, it'd get it right up them!

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Tennis is meant to be entertaining, isn't it? The guy is an entertainer! The BBC and stuffy tennis fans are embarrassing themselves, I'd love it if he won Wimbledon, it'd get it right up them!

👍👍

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Jeff said:

You're right but still.... He's the Atletico of Tennis

Excellent analogy. 

Could even say he is the Serge Ramos. 

Sooperstar

The press conferences - https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/video/interviews.html

Tsitsipas summary: he let Kyrgios get into his head and frustrate him with the constant chatting and complaining. Kyrgios is a bully, was probably a bully at school, has some good traits but has an evil side. Doesn't think Kyrgios can play without the circus going on.

Kyrgios: doesn't understand how he is the bully. He wasn't the one hitting balls into his opponent, into the crowd or out of the stadium. Wants the journalists to stop putting them on a level, because Tsitsipas was the one behaving badly. Doesn't think he done anything wrong, will get fined for abusing the officials so doesn't see why he should apologise for it. Has many friends in the locker room, Tsitsipas isn't liked. 

Quite a lot of what Kyrgios said post-match indicates that he's particularly deluded.  The one stand out is his thoughts on the handshake.  In reality Tsitsipas did quite well to go up,  wait there and perform a handshake.  Kyrgios reckons that the handshake was disrespectful and that Tsitsipas failed to look him in the eye,  and that he did.  He did not.  He avoided eye contact throughout while Tsitsipas waited for a few seconds at the net.  

I could get on board with him if there was an indication that he thinks reasonably fairly and has some regard for the welfare of others.  But he clearly doesn't.  He's quite sociopathic and quite an unpleasant person imo.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, Jeff said:

Nothing worse than getting your towels moved, must have really upset him😏, deary me. 

Nookie Bear
14 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Quite a lot of what Kyrgios said post-match indicates that he's particularly deluded.  The one stand out is his thoughts on the handshake.  In reality Tsitsipas did quite well to go up,  wait there and perform a handshake.  Kyrgios reckons that the handshake was disrespectful and that Tsitsipas failed to look him in the eye,  and that he did.  He did not.  He avoided eye contact throughout while Tsitsipas waited for a few seconds at the net.  

I could get on board with him if there was an indication that he thinks reasonably fairly and has some regard for the welfare of others.  But he clearly doesn't.  He's quite sociopathic and quite an unpleasant person imo.

Dunno if this is what you mean. It check out his NK Foundation. 
He does his bit for others but clearly would rather help underprivileged kids than spoilt tennis stars. 

JudyJudyJudy
39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dunno if this is what you mean. It check out his NK Foundation. 
He does his bit for others but clearly would rather help underprivileged kids than spoilt tennis stars. 

I do wonder if his on court behaviours are his way of managing stress on court ? Like Nadal with his various rituals ? It’s obviously dysfunctional and he needs a better way to deal with on court stresses in my opinion.  

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Krygios interviews suggest one of these ADHD things.

He's often quiet and gentle in interviews and you wouldn't ever know he's the same person going mental during games. 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Krygios interviews suggest one of these ADHD things.

He's often quiet and gentle in interviews and you wouldn't ever know he's the same person going mental during games. 

Yep ! I don’t often medicalise behaviours as excuses but I do wonder what with him ? He also hurls abuse at his “ team “ too it seems whilst playing . 

JudyJudyJudy

Cliff Richard singing ! Should he not be in jail for his singing ! Cringe 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy