• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, jonesy said:

This is what I don't get about the nonsense about 'Who's the GOAT?'

All three of them are superb players, athletes and semi like decent blokes. Their ability to find ways to win no matter the opposition when the stakes are at their highest is unparalleled. 

Yeh "GOAT" debates can be frustrating because opinions can vary. Djokovic is the only one who has been reigning champ in the 4 grand slams, Nadal has the most grand slams and Federer has most titles. 

I think 🤔

So it does make it an interesting debate.

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh I misheard ! 

6249D36A-65C2-4A0C-A146-00D6C852894D.gifk

🤣 I'm so glad you took that in the spirit it was meant, I thought the 6 tins of beer I've had may have clouded my judgment 👍

I P Knightley
23 hours ago, Jeff said:

The fact Tstipas(sp) started complaining about his towels being moved showed it got to him.

Interesting that Kyrgios was quiet when winning until it got close in the 4th

I thought the towel thing was amusing but, really, backs Tsitsipant's accusation that NK is a bully. Kyrgios isn't a clever man and seems, in his own defence, to equate bullying to Chinese burnsand twisted nipples. Loading Shittypant's towel bucket with his own after ST had raised the question with the umpire and then throwing his empty water bottle into ST's bag are forms of bullying and NK's comment that, basically,  ST shouldn't be such a big Jessie is a bully's response. 

If he plays Rafa and is half the man he thinks he is, I want to see him doing what I would and that's to knock Nadal's perfectly positioned water bottles squinty at the change of ends. The whistle stop service games would also be welcome, giving Nadal no time to pick his bum and twitch. 

5 hours ago, Victorian said:

No reason in the world why Norrie can't win a grand slam soon.  

Lots of reasons why. He's solid but not spectacular. He'll be found out by to many of the top guns, I'm afraid. I like him a lot and feel he'd be a Jambo if he had to pick a Scottish team. 

But, I'm nothing if not a crap tennis tipster so feel free to pile your money on him. 

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Lots of reasons why. He's solid but not spectacular. He'll be found out by to many of the top guns, I'm afraid. I like him a lot and feel he'd be a Jambo if he had to pick a Scottish team. 

But, I'm nothing if not a crap tennis tipster so feel free to pile your money on him. 

Sadly, Rangers it seems. 

JudyJudyJudy
10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I thought the towel thing was amusing but, really, backs Tsitsipant's accusation that NK is a bully. Kyrgios isn't a clever man and seems, in his own defence, to equate bullying to Chinese burnsand twisted nipples. Loading Shittypant's towel bucket with his own after ST had raised the question with the umpire and then throwing his empty water bottle into ST's bag are forms of bullying and NK's comment that, basically,  ST shouldn't be such a big Jessie is a bully's response. 

If he plays Rafa and is half the man he thinks he is, I want to see him doing what I would and that's to knock Nadal's perfectly positioned water bottles squinty at the change of ends. The whistle stop service games would also be welcome, giving Nadal no time to pick his bum and twitch. 

Swiatek ???😎

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣 I'm so glad you took that in the spirit it was meant, I thought the 6 tins of beer I've had may have clouded my judgment 👍

oh I don’t mind smutty humour 😜

JudyJudyJudy

Badosa v Halep should be a good match

Despite winning Wimbledon Halep still hasn’t really fulfilled her great potential I feel . She should have a few slams now . Good luck to her today . 

Alize Cornet is always a delight to watch   She’s playing as well . 

And the bad boy Nick is on too 

scratchy bum is on later too , Playing a player who beat the great grass court player Gasquet so he might be one  to watch . Mind you Gasquet is passed his best . 

Just now, Victorian said:

Kyrgios maybe has a jippy shoulder here.  Hope so.

Looks like it's hurting him. Good.

3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Looks like it's hurting him. Good.

He's looked tentative from the first time he showed the niggle.  Up him.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, PortyJambo said:

The WTA have fined the LTA and All England Club £827k between them for banning Russian and Belarusian players. Good.

I expect the ATP will also be doling out fines to them too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/62040296

Good to see WTA have finger on pulse. Protecting the ability of Russian and Belarusian tennis players to earn money and promote their countries far more important than Russian invasion of Ukraine!

LTA and All England club should tell them to go **** themselves.

17 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

The WTA have fined the LTA and All England Club £827k between them for banning Russian and Belarusian players. Good.

I expect the ATP will also be doling out fines to them too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/62040296

Could help rebuild the tennis facilities in Ukraine destroyed by the Russians. 

Though need to stop Russia and Belarus bombing Ukraine first. Killing civilians some of whom are tennis fans every day.

Edited by Mikey1874

JudyJudyJudy

Nick has some serve . It’s so clean and fluid . Not massively powerful but he places it really well . Impressive . 

JudyJudyJudy

Andrew stfu u moan when he’s moaning now your moanimg that’s he’s not moaning ! 😎Nick is a diva 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Badosa v Halep should be a good match

Despite winning Wimbledon Halep still hasn’t really fulfilled her great potential I feel . She should have a few slams now . Good luck to her today . 

You set them up; I'll bat them away:

She used to have her knockers, but she's now showing some good form.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good to see WTA have finger on pulse. Protecting the ability of Russian and Belarusian tennis players to earn money and promote their countries far more important than Russian invasion of Ukraine!

LTA and All England club should tell them to go **** themselves.

It's a lose-lose. By not allowing Russkies to play, they brought on the "no points" for Wimbledon sanction. That immediately put Medvedev clear at #1 in the world rankings with Djoko dropping to #7. Kind of shooting yourself in the foot.

I've been listening to the official Wimbledon radio channel for better chat than the BBC serve up. They encourage audience participation and today have asked listeners to tweet suggestions of tennis player lookey likeys. I didn't believe they'd read mine out but they did. I wrote that Frew McMillan looked like the actor in a short film, the name of which I couldn't remember but he played a washing machine repair man who fell in love with the lady whose washing machine he'd gone round to repair.

26 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Mr loud loses 4th set.

It's a tactical ploy. When he starts to lose it , he plays up and it ruins the other players concentration. It won't work against Novak or Rafa. They'll just slap him with their brilliance.

JudyJudyJudy
31 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

You set them up; I'll bat them away:

She used to have her knockers, but she's now showing some good form.

It's a lose-lose. By not allowing Russkies to play, they brought on the "no points" for Wimbledon sanction. That immediately put Medvedev clear at #1 in the world rankings with Djoko dropping to #7. Kind of shooting yourself in the foot.

I've been listening to the official Wimbledon radio channel for better chat than the BBC serve up. They encourage audience participation and today have asked listeners to tweet suggestions of tennis player lookey likeys. I didn't believe they'd read mine out but they did. I wrote that Frew McMillan looked like the actor in a short film, the name of which I couldn't remember but he played a washing machine repair man who fell in love with the lady whose washing machine he'd gone round to repair.

Oh Halep and her knockers

8F866025-BBBC-4E07-B7EC-478BF0292F3E.jpeg

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

It's a tactical ploy. When he starts to lose it , he plays up and it ruins the other players concentration. It won't work against Novak or Rafa. They'll just slap him with their brilliance.

👍

Nice humorous camera cut from the BBC director. Natal with his top off and camera cuts to a posh looking old gent staring though his binoculars 😂

The Dutch boy was pretty hopeless but nice seeing Nadal making a bit of a meal of closing out the match.

I P Knightley
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nice humorous camera cut from the BBC director. Natal with his top off and camera cuts to a posh looking old gent staring though his binoculars 😂

That was Sir Ian McKellen. I'm proud to say that Knightley Jr's reaction was to shout, "PERVERT!" :D

7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That was Sir Ian McKellen. I'm proud to say that Knightley Jr's reaction was to shout, "PERVERT!" :D

Gandalf the gay was my first thought.

Absolute legend

Novak v Nadal to meet in the final is looking good at 5/1.

Need Jabeur to win today for a return also.

Kvitova and Sakkari have been losing bets for me also. 

On holiday in Turkey so not really managed to catch any Wimbledon this year.

Jambo-Jimbo

Reports emerging that Nick Kyrgios has been charged with the assault in December 2021 of a former partner, seemingly he's to face court in Australia next month.

I wonder how the public will react to him now, now that he's alleged to have assaulted a woman.

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, Homme said:

Novak v Nadal to meet in the final is looking good at 5/1.

Need Jabeur to win today for a return also.

Kvitova and Sakkari have been losing bets for me also. 

On holiday in Turkey so not really managed to catch any Wimbledon this year.

Jabeur is a lovely player , hole it’s her against Halep Final . Should be good. Happy either wins. 

Sunday play has definitely helped normalise the schedule. 

It was the women who suffered having to play Monday and Tuesday consecutive rounds. 

Was still strange watching it Sunday evening. 

I P Knightley
46 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Reports emerging that Nick Kyrgios has been charged with the assault in December 2021 of a former partner, seemingly he's to face court in Australia next month.

I wonder how the public will react to him now, now that he's alleged to have assaulted a woman.

Given that Sasha Zverev is accused of similar, I wouldn't expect the tennis authorities to do anything about it.

The media will, of course, go to town on Kyrgios despite letting Zverev have a bit of an easy ride.

23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Sunday play has definitely helped normalise the schedule. 

It was the women who suffered having to play Monday and Tuesday consecutive rounds

Was still strange watching it Sunday evening. 

Crikey - I always felt bad that most of them had to play up to 3 hours of tennis in a 2 day period.

Thank God the inhumanity of it has been addressed.

Novak struggling. First serve has gone too.

Horns going off in the crowd?

Edited by neilnunb

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Jabeur is a lovely player , hole it’s her against Halep Final . Should be good. Happy either wins. 

Elena Rybakina is my favourite female player. She has all the tools but at the minute seems destined for a career of quarter finals etc as she can't get them to click for a sustained period. 

She's went under the radar this week so I'm fully behind her (oh er).

vegas-voss
19 minutes ago, Jeff said:

This boy is a player.

Which means I have jynxed him and it finishes 3-1 and he's working in Aldi in 2 years

He is looking very good I can't see Djokovic coming back.Two breaks now set is over effectively 

Edited by vegas-voss

Djokovic just can't cope with the power from Sinner.

Bloody great. Another bloody stroll for Nadal incoming. 🙄

1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Djokovic just can't cope with the power from Sinner.

Bloody great. Another bloody stroll for Nadal incoming. 🙄

What makes you think Nadal will find Sinner easy?

For the record I think Fritz will give Nadal a game

1 minute ago, Jeff said:

What makes you think Nadal will find Sinner easy?

For the record I think Fritz will give Nadal a game

Agreed.  Fritz looks like the dark horse.