• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All roads lead to Gorgie

That took guts by Norrie. Well done cam

Malinga the Swinga

Pleased for Norrie to have come through that. He will need to step it up in semi final but let's enjoy him winning tonight.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Sue Barker still calling it Henman hill 😂what a ridiculous tournament Wimbledon is. 

I know . She’s so sweet though . Had a mean forehand . Actually paved to way in some respects for power play in tennis . Very underated really . Was it not Changed to “ murray mound “ ? 

Sooperstar
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Well done Norrie...especially for getting it finished in time for the football starting 😁

Is the match being streamed tonight?

Eventually sorted out his ground shots,  especially the forehand.  Goffin was close to having a stranglehold on it but couldn't quite subdue Norrie.  

He'll give Djoko a game of sorts at his very best.  The form of the 1st 3 sets tonight and he'll lose 2,  2 and 2 or similar.

JudyJudyJudy

Well done Norrie . Terribly dull style of tennis really . But a win is a win is a win . 

Just now, Jeff said:

Can't see anyone stopping Jabeur

I had a little pre tournament on her to win the quarter of the draw she was in at 12/5.

She surely makes the final against Halep or Rybakina.

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well done Norrie . Terribly dull style of tennis really . But a win is a win is a win . 

He's doing fantastic on the grass, which he never enjoyed previously. 

JudyJudyJudy

Wtf is up with Wimbledon scheduling ? Norrie against Novak tomorrow at 11am? It says it on “ live score “ but Wimbledon app has Halep and then Nadal match ? I assume it’s the latter ? 

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Homme said:

I had a little pre tournament on her to win the quarter of the draw she was in at 12/5.

She surely makes the final against Halep or Rybakina.

Reminds me of Sanchez vicarrio ! In looks and playing style ! She’s old style grass court player I feel . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Is the match being streamed tonight?

Sorry, went to put dinner on.

EF doing a PPV stream...though I'm just refreshing twitter. 😁

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Imagine if billie Jean was still playing and she played mixed doubles with him as her partner ! ( think about it 😂

I've thought about it. I assume there's a pun there and, if so, I will get it within seconds of you posting it. 

I was surprised that Goffin lasted so long. The poor lad has played no tennis in months so I expected his l level to drop off a cliff while Norrie, who's played so much (and consistently) would stroll into the distance. I'm pleased for both players but either would be toast in the semi. 

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know . She’s so sweet though . Had a mean forehand . Actually paved to way in some respects for power play in tennis . Very underated really . Was it not Changed to “ murray mound “ ? 

Not too sure. She called it Henman hill tonight though.

I switched off and Norrie has won too haha well done to him. 

JudyJudyJudy
56 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sorry, went to put dinner on.

EF doing a PPV stream...though I'm just refreshing twitter. 😁

What did u have for your tea lol 

JudyJudyJudy
46 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I've thought about it. I assume there's a pun there and, if so, I will get it within seconds of you posting it. 

I was surprised that Goffin lasted so long. The poor lad has played no tennis in months so I expected his l level to drop off a cliff while Norrie, who's played so much (and consistently) would stroll into the distance. I'm pleased for both players but either would be toast in the semi. 

DE1F9AD0-C71B-4E86-AC3B-027AC03161DA.jpeg

I P Knightley

Halep through to the semis but not without giving her supporters a bit of a scare as her oppo came back from 1-5 to 5-5 in the second set.

It's such a shame for players like Halep (and Norrie, to a lesser degree) that there are no ranking points on offer here. Halep has had her struggles in recent years which saw her slip down the rankings and critics have questioned her motivation. Apart from that 2 breaks wobble - which I believe was caused by the opponent being so terrible for the first half of the set - Halep showed a lot of skill and fitness and that she could well find herself back in the top 4, making the wummins' game more interesting.

Ribena doing the same in the other QF; 5-1 up and starting to choke.

Andrew Castle thrashing away furiously about Nadal...only for him to be broken. Hope Castle keeps it up 😁

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Is the foot problem going to be rolled out any time he's not getting his own way? 🙄

as you can see it is not the foot injury he has called the physio for

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

as you can see it is not the foot injury he has called the physio for

I was talking about Castle's commentary 🙄

Just now, neilnunb said:

I was talking about Castle's commentary 🙄

Straight away the co-commentator said I don't think it's his foot. Queue endless foot chat from Castle 🤦🏻‍♂️

JudyJudyJudy

Awe just absolutely bolt with the “ “ “injury” bullocks regarding him ! Never any mention of it when he’s winning.  It’s boring and totally disrespectful to the opponent , complete chancer. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, escobri said:

Medical time out l 💉  3/1 nadal hopefully easy money 🤣

He’s a cheat 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, ri Alban said:

Rafa has an actual injury. 

Does he deck ! Don’t play if injured then . Bullocks 

JudyJudyJudy

For some ^^^^ with an. “ injury “ hes running about like a rabbit after a carrot 🥕 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Rafa has an actual injury. 

🤣🤣  stop it. Just stop it. 🤣🤣

JudyJudyJudy

What ah absolute joke of a match , joke of commentary too . I’m off to the gym before a burst a blood vessel 🚢 😂😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, neilnunb said:

Oh look at that. Disrupting Fritz's rhythm has worked  🙄

It’s disgusting 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣🤣  stop it. Just stop it. 🤣🤣

I know !!! 

Fud, sitting there with his Celtic top on at Wimbledon's centre court...😂... Mon Nadal...💕

Nadal's doctor is something else. Hobbling around with an abdominal injury and now absolutely nothing wrong with him. Incredible.

Now he just needs a potion for his bald spot...he's more headband than hair these days!

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Nadal's doctor is something else. Hobbling around with an abdominal injury and now absolutely nothing wrong with him. Incredible.

Now he just needs a potion for his bald spot...he's more headband than hair these days!

Nothing wrong with him?  What match are you watching?  He’s hardly hitting his serves or his overheads.

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Bald spot, cheapest shot this decade on here...👎

3 minutes ago, AWM said:

Nothing wrong with him?  What match are you watching?  He’s hardly hitting his serves or his overheads.

Indeed. And the trainer that sees the players is the tournament trainer and not a players own physio. Or certainly they used to be. 

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seem to be getting a lot of line calls wrong this year. 

Mentioned before - the technology does a fine job, without any human involvement, at a few other big tournies. 

Time to retire these self-important pricks. And, yes, I know a handful of them. 

2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Oh look at that. Disrupting Fritz's rhythm has worked  🙄

I only tuned in during set 4 and I've seen Nadal delay Fritz's serve at least half a dozen times. He's a snidey wee nyaff.