***Non-Hearts Summer 2021 Transfer Thread***

tartofmidlothian

RustyRightPeg

Strange one in the making…

Barca and Athletico have agreed a swap deal for Griezman and Saul (Barca want some cash too). Remarkably bad business signing Griezman on a 5 year deal on ludicrous wages. 

the deal is supposed to be saving them c €12M a year in wages which is what they need to keep doing as they currently can’t register any of their new signings (including messi) due to the rules in Spain. 

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamboinglasgow

• Last Laff

• Mikey1874

• milky_26

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Donnarumma joins PSG as does Ramos also joining them. 

Theyve had a mega window so far

Wijnaldum (free)

Ramos (free)

Donnaruma (free)

Hakimi (£50M odd)

Now in talks with Varane too 

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Theyve had a mega window so far

Wijnaldum (free)

Ramos (free)

Donnaruma (free)

Hakimi (£50M odd)

Now in talks with Varane too 

Zidane manager by January ☺.    For the ramos, Varane connection.    Also being French! 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Liel Abada signs for Celtic. Israeli Striker looks good 

They've also seemingly upped the price wanted for Ajaer, brentford having a 12m bid with 3m in add ons rejected, Celtic now asking 20m

38 minutes ago, Ribble said:

They've also seemingly upped the price wanted for Ajaer, brentford having a 12m bid with 3m in add ons rejected, Celtic now asking 20m

A lot of players sign for Celtic with the hope of getting a move to the EPL, it must be really annoying when they actually want to make the move down south and Celtic are sticking ridiculously high valuations on them. 

Ajer isn’t a £20m player in his life. Lanky streak of piss that comes off as a total helmet. 

49 minutes ago, Ribble said:

£20m the standard Celtic fee they quote for everyone

Just now, davemclaren said:

No idea, just went on what the article said. 🤷‍♂️

Ryan has recently completed a moveto Kuwait SC after departing Sydney FC.

that ryan is mcgowan who went to kuwait fc, not ryan christie like the post you quoted

John Findlay
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Liel Abada signs for Celtic. Israeli Striker looks good 

I wonder if they are banning Palestinian flags at CP(said with tongue firmly in my cheek)?

Heart of Darkness
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder if they are banning Palestinian flags at CP(said with tongue firmly in my cheek)?

Good point though JF, where will the GB sit with this!! 😏

Hectormasson
On 09/07/2021 at 18:19, Clerry Jambo said:

That’s a blast from the past name

At his peak hel have a blinder

Celtic will have received around £30 million from transfer sales in 2021 should Ajer depart

Spent very little so far but they will be able to pay the bills from any Covid shortfall

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Celtic signing some Japanese international...Kyogo Furuhashi (sp?)

Their new boy will know the market I suppose. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 15/07/2021 at 13:28, CJGJ said:

Celtic will have received around £30 million from transfer sales in 2021 should Ajer depart

Spent very little so far but they will be able to pay the bills from any Covid shortfall

Ajer's their best defender and he's not even very good.

On 10/07/2021 at 06:54, Tommy Brown said:

Think he scored six goals in his entire career.

Two hat-tricks, both against us at Tynecastle for Killie and St Johnstone.🥺

pish player, but no doubt will come up with the hoods agsinst us.

The same pish player who put his hand in his pocket and bought season tickets for Hearts in our time of need if I’m not mistaken 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, WT Laurie said:

The same pish player who put his hand in his pocket and bought season tickets for Hearts in our time of need if I’m not mistaken 

Exactly 

We were that good for his career :lol:

I notice that Sean Clare has moved from Oxford to Charlton Athletic, joins up with fellow scorer against Hibs, Conor Washington.

58 minutes ago, Cheile said:

I notice that Sean Clare has moved from Oxford to Charlton Athletic, joins up with fellow scorer against Hibs, Conor Washington.

Getting the band back together down there Uche will find himself at Charlton in 6 months when his time at Boro will end when they find out how bad a player he is. 

Rick Sanchez

How do you go from Oxford, sent on loan to Burton and then get a move to Charlton.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19458331.oxford-united-boss-sean-clares-charlton-athletic-move/

“He felt for his development it was best he moved on - he wants to be an ‘8’.

“If you look at that position, we already have a load of players in that area - James Henry, Marcus McGuane, Cameron Brannagan.

It seems he doesn't know his best position. If Oxford deem you not good enough for centre mid then I'm not sure what Charlton see...his awareness was awful.

Good luck though.

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

How do you go from Oxford, sent on loan to Burton and then get a move to Charlton.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19458331.oxford-united-boss-sean-clares-charlton-athletic-move/

“If you look at that position, we already have a load of players in that area - James Henry, Marcus McGuane, Cameron Brannagan.

It seems he doesn't know his best position. If Oxford deem you not good enough for centre mid then I'm not sure what Charlton see...his awareness was awful.

Good luck though.

8 generally means box to box in modern terms, with a 6 being a sitting midfielder and a 10 being the one off the strikers. 

I’d agree re. your comments on his awareness, wasn’t great.  It was what let him down when he played centrally for us ultimately. I always say the best central midfielders tend to play with wingmirrors so they know what’s coming from the side and behind, he used to get caught on the ball a lot.

Off the ball he wasn’t great either tended to lose his runners coming from behind him but strangely enough, I think if he’s gonna succeed in central

midfield he’d need to be a sitting midfielder.  

He’s neat and tidy on the ball most of the time, and plays better when the game is in front of him, much like he did at right back for us. He does have a defensive discipline which he showed when playing at right back, so I reckon he’d be suited to that. 

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

8 generally means box to box in modern terms, with a 6 being a sitting midfielder and a 10 being the one off the strikers. 

I’d agree re. your comments on his awareness, wasn’t great.  It was what let him down when he played centrally for us ultimately. I always say the best central midfielders tend to play with wingmirrors so they know what’s coming from the side and behind, he used to get caught on the ball a lot.

Off the ball he wasn’t great either tended to lose his runners coming from behind him but strangely enough, I think if he’s gonna succeed in central

midfield he’d need to be a sitting midfielder.  

He’s neat and tidy on the ball most of the time, and plays better when the game is in front of him, much like he did at right back for us. He does have a defensive discipline which he showed when playing at right back, so I reckon he’d be suited to that. 

Funnily enough, I think he'd be great competition for Smith as RWB in our current formation.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Funnily enough, I think he'd be great competition for Smith as RWB in our current formation.

Absolutely would mate yep. He was bloody good under Stendel.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

jesus 😂

he improved without doubt but was never a full back or a wing back in a million years. Positionally he was still god awful . He is never ever ever a defender or a player who should be anywhere near a position where he may need to defends. His positional sense non existent and couldn’t tackle .

I’ve no idea what his best position is, but absolutely delighted it’s someone else’s problem 

Edited by kingantti1874

Sean Clare :rofl:part of one of the worst Hearts teams I've witnessed since i started going to games in 1990

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Sean Clare :rofl:part of one of the worst Hearts teams I've witnessed since i started going to games in 1990

exactly, improved a bit but the bar was ****ing low, real low 

3 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Good luck though.

3 teams all from same league not really a surprise he's wound up at Charlton,they'll realise he's not great and will be at a Pompey or so the next season 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

jesus 😂

he improved without doubt but was never a full back or a wing back in a million years. Positionally he was still god awful . He is never ever ever a defender or a player who should be anywhere near a position where he may need to defends. His positional sense non existent and couldn’t tackle .

I’ve no idea what his best position is, but absolutely delighted it’s someone else’s problem 

Fair enough. I think he was a better player than we got to see, mostly through being shunted around. Be interesting to see what he does in the rest of his career.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Celtic sign Carl Starfelt. £4m

Can't say I know anything about him.

26, £4m and wasn't even in Sweden's squad for the Euros. Be fine for the SPFL no doubt but say goodbye to Europe if that's their level of signing these days.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

26, £4m and wasn't even in Sweden's squad for the Euros. Be fine for the SPFL no doubt but say goodbye to Europe if that's their level of signing these days.

Already a downgrade on ajer. Only Celtic could have a rebuild and sign players worse than last seaso 

Guest ToqueJambo

Noticed on the story about Hibs new midfield signing being injured a bit about Chris Cadden (also injured). I'd completely forgotten they signed him.

How many midfielders do they have exactly? Dozens it seems, and not a single youngster good enough to even just get a few games in that area for several seasons, while we've given several chances.

And we're the club with a bloated squad not giving kids a chance?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Seymour M Hersh
15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Celtic sign Carl Starfelt. £4m

Can't say I know anything about him.

No doubt he'll become Marvin Bartley's favourite player. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

:rofl:

I see Chelea have sold 2 of their promising 18 year olds to EPL clubs. Maybe not direct competitors in Brentford and Leeds. No buy back clauses either. 

It says what the opportunities  are for youth at the biggest clubs. At least like the Gilmour loan they might have a better chance now. 

Non League Wrexham sign Paul Mullin the top goal scorer in English league football last season on a 3 year deal

That is a statement of intent at that level

The Hollywood takeover starting to have an impact

Edited by CJGJ

Clerry Jambo
On 21/07/2021 at 19:08, ToqueJambo said:

Noticed on the story about Hibs new midfield signing being injured a bit about Chris Cadden (also injured). I'd completely forgotten they signed him.

How many midfielders do they have exactly? Dozens it seems, and not a single youngster good enough to even just get a few games in that area for several seasons, while we've given several chances.

And we're the club with a bloated squad not giving kids a chance?

Hibs are spending a lot of money in Scottish terms to retain their best of the rest tag. Not many sides have been able to do that other than Aberdeen but rangers weren’t around which helped them. 

On 21/07/2021 at 19:09, Seymour M Hersh said:

This comment had me buckled :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hibs are spending a lot of money in Scottish terms to retain their best of the rest tag. Not many sides have been able to do that other than Aberdeen but rangers weren’t around which helped them. 

They're definfitely rolling the dice. Lots of fees paid, some quite large relatively speaking, for the likes of Doige, Nisbet, McGennis, Mackay, Mueller, Cadden... not a lot of return so far. We achieved 3rd and were heading for 2nd under Neilson with a much lower outlay. 

Edited by ToqueJambo